Vintage Fashion Scans and Photographs

Firefox

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a find Skirted. Great photo of Sophia Loren. And Firefox, the pics you posted was for the 1963 film "Who's Been Sleeping In My Bed" with Elizabeth Montgomery and Dean Martin. That second woman in the bottom picture might be Jill St. John. Dan

What a find Skirted. Great photo of Sophia Loren. And Firefox, the pics you posted was for the 1963 film "Who's Been Sleeping In My Bed" with Elizabeth Montgomery and Dean Martin. That second woman in the bottom picture might be Jill St. John.

Dan

That second woman looks like Carol Burnett to me. According to http://us.imdb.com/Title?0057682, Carol Burnett also appeared in the movie "Who's Been Sleeping In My Bed". Under Cast Overview, click on MORE to expand the listing of actors.

See more photos of Carol at :

http://us.imdb.com/PGallery?Burnett,%20Carol. This link has the photo that Spikey Dan posted as well. Click on the 3rd picture that has 12 images.

Carol starred in her own USA television variety show back between 1967 and 1978. I was fortunate to be in the audience for one of her shows in 1975.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 2 weeks later...

Firefox; Thanks for posting that picture of Jimmy Stewart and Kim Novak from the Alfred Hitchcock movie Vertigo. I remember that scene in the movie. But the more I look at Kim's high heel pumps, I would guess they are somewhere between 3" and 4" in height.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe even 4" dead! Don't forget we have crossed posts about OTHER people exaggerating heel heights in their sightings and postings (it's so easy to indulge in wishful thinking!). Also, I'm addressing none other than the highly respected moderator who has proudly claimed on these forums to be able to judge all heel heights accurately up to 50 paces! Remember, in your defence, you can always tell me that the height:length ratio depends on her foot size which we don't know! And anyway, at the end of the day, what's a 1/4" between friends! Only pulling your leg of course, but you tease so very nicely! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the info PJ.

In this shot Kim Novak proves that 5" stilettos are not very suitable footwear when someone is trying to throw you off a 100ft high tower.

Posted Image

Good film in which Kim Novak wears high heels and fifties tight skirt suits throught out most of the film. However next time you see this film watch how she runs to this tower. As she runs across the grass if you look carefully you can see that she is wearing flat shoes and a wider skirt. By the time that she gets to the tower she is wearing stilletoes and a tighter skirt.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

In the early sixties I remember the older girls wearing black patent 3" stilleto heel court shoes which had a mother of pearl / Rainbow coloured film over them, similer to the ones in the picture, anybody else remember them?

Posted Image

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

Yes! I remember them - my girlfriend had some and wore them everywhere we went! I like your 'period' choice of pic for your secondary avatar! A very nice, enthusiastic-looking lady throwing herself into her heel-wearing! Hey Skirted, howzabout your joining the rest of us for this coming Saturday's Heel-Meet in London (see under "Real Life Shopping and Fun Meetings")? Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

• 6 months later...

Here's another example. A young stewardess checks to make sure her heels are high enough to comply with the recommendations.

Posted Image

I think the airlines also had a policy to recruit girls over a certain height. Presumably the idea was to make sure they were imposing to convey an air of authority, yet friendly at the same time.

• 4 months later...

It's a great shame that air hostesses don't adhere to that code today. Although they always look smart, things have deffinitely gone downhill in the heel area. Most seem to arrive at the plane in heels of some description, but then change into flats for the flight. I've noticed quite a few who seem to wear shoes that appear a bit too big or maybe they have just stretched with wear. This causes them to be flopping off and on as they walk up and down the aisle. I guess this is a comfort thing, as being on your feet for a long flight, at that altitiude must be tough. I'm surprised the airlines don't object to this though. Personally I find it quite sexy. If only they were wearing heels though! Cheers, Paul.

I used to correspond with a flight attendant. One of her major complaints with her uniform was her "birth control pumps." She called them that because they were so ugly that no man would ever come close to here while she was wearing them. :rofl:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I used to correspond with a flight attendant. One of her major complaints with her uniform was her "birth control pumps." She called them that because they were so ugly that no man would ever come close to here while she was wearing them. :rofl:

Hi Bubba, do you know if she wore them for comfort reasons or if it is airline company policy not to wear heels these days?

Cheers, Paul.

Here is a lady who was a sensation in the fifties. Sabrina had the most incredable figure I have ever seen, 41"19" 37" She was quite a sensation in her day.( I bet Heelfan can remember her) Nice pair of heels as well :-)

Posted Image

For all the young men who have never seen one this is what is known as an hourglass figure. Sabrina is the last surviving fifties blond bombshell. She now lives in the States.

Posted Image

Paul

(North East) wrote:

Hi Bubba, do you know if she wore them for comfort reasons or if it is airline company policy not to wear heels these days?

Cheers, Paul.

She had to wear them because it was part of the airlines dress code and part of her uniform.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Skirted UK! Yes, of course I remember Sabrina! She and Diana Dors were the two sex bomshells that the UK lads in my generation got most excited about, plus Italy's Sophia Loren and the US's Marylin Monroe of course of course. All four were great trailblazers of great high heeled stilettos shoes. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!