Vintage Fashion Scans and Photographs

Firefox

....Yes, of course I remember Sabrina! She and Diana Dors were the two sex bomshells that the UK lads in my generation got most excited about, plus Italy's Sophia Loren and the US's Marylin Monroe of course of course.

All four were great trailblazers of great high heeled stilettos shoes.

Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

What about Jayne Mansfield?

http://www.jaynemansfield.com/

http://www.moviestore.com/index.html?kid=P201291&id=usobmp&

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sabrina and Jayne Mansfield were each involved in a similar amusing ‘confrontation’ on stage in around 1958-60 which made the most of their impressive figures and was probably aided by the extra height of the stilettos they doubtless wore. The original clips are still sometimes shown on British television.

Sabrina was a regular on the British variety show hosted by Arthur Askey - a witty, bespectacled comedian of about 5ft 3in. When engaged in a ‘face-to-face’ conversation with her during a sketch, his head became buried in her ample cleavage and he made some remark about his glasses steaming up. Quite risque for the time!

Jayne Mansfield had almost the same experience with diminutive Mickey Rooney during a live awards ceremony. He said very little – his expressions told the whole story and he milked the situation (no pun intended) for all it was worth. Although Jayne looked initially bemused (it was probably an unrehearsed incident), she was no fool and soon realised why the audience was delighted.

Does anyone remember Kathy Kirby (born 1940), a popular English singer of the early 60s but a virtual recluse since her career waned? She was a pretty blonde, well-known for her glossy lipstick and always elegantly dressed, invariably with high stilettos. It would be good to see some full-length pictures or clips of her (perhaps from her own TV show) but all I could find from a brief search was this: www.npg.org.uk/live/search/portrait.asp?LinkID=mp10179&rNo=0&role=sit

Happy memories – and happy hunting!

Hi Puffer! Yes, I remember singer Kathy Kirby. She had her own television show for a while. I even remember watching one of her programmes when she was wearing my beloved 'Alps' 4 3/4" heels in the slingback version, and I exclaimed "Look Mummy, she's wearing the same shoes as me!". At around the same time there was another UK lady singer who also had her own television show entitled "Little Miss Music" - Shiela Buxton. Shiela was shorter and more bucksome than the tall, elegant Kathy Kirby, and also wore some lovely high-heeled shoes, and I remember wishing like mad that I could discover where she got them from! Love, Lucy

Life is not a rehearsal. Why not use it to present ourselves as smartly and attractively as possible?

Lucy, so nice to see a post from you! Would it be presumptuous of me to enquire as to how much longer we will be kept in suspence while waiting for further field reports on your new slides? And the continuance of your story has been set aside for some time now. It's nice to know you're still here with us, but please, please give some thought to continuing your story and the field report on the new shoes!! My regards, raincat

Women who wear heels are to be admired and appreciated for the feminine visage they create.

Hi Raincat! Thank you for the lovely message! Regarding my "Road Test of the Sexiest Mulers", you've wrong-footed me a bit, because I wrote that report as a three-part report which finished with the third and final part. I wasn't intending to spin it out further, and in fact with the winter weasther setting in now, it'll probably be next summer before I have a chance to wear them again. However,regarding my "Lucy's Story" I fully intend that to be ongoing. It's only because of poor Mummy that I've not been posting. After the pnuemonia passed (thank goodness), it left her so weak, especially in the chest, that I have been down every single weekend to nurse her. That meant a mountain of housework and business pressures awaiting me every Monday after I'd got back. Still she's finally back to almost her old self and I can relax a bit more now, and I hope to resume my Story before too long. Thank you again for your concern and for your welcome back! Love, Lucy

Life is not a rehearsal. Why not use it to present ourselves as smartly and attractively as possible?

Hi Lucy, I must have missed your third and final report on the road test. :-? How I ever let that happen, well, there just isn't any explanation for some things. You can bet that I am looking forward to the continuation of your story. Sorry to hear that your mother has had such a rough time in recovering from her bout of pneumonia, but it is heartening to see that she's doing better now. I wish you and your loved ones all the best. Regards from one of your biggest fans, raincat

Women who wear heels are to be admired and appreciated for the feminine visage they create.

Hi again, Lucy, I've just finished reading your third and final report on the road test. My apologies for "wrong-footing" you on that one! It was a most fitting (and interesting) wrap-up of your outing. It was so nice that you encountered another lady who expressed interest in your shoes, too. Regards, raincat

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...