• DIVINE 440
    • ROMANCE 313
    • PUPIL 24
    • DOLLY 37
    • DOLLY 76
    • DOLLY 84
    • DOLLY 27
    • DOLLY 50

i have been doing a bit of thinking over the last couple of days wondering if anyone has ever walked a full marathon in heels. it has dawned on me that if i complete my 10 mile walk with reletive ease then a marathon is a possibility. the problem is what heels to chose. i have set up a poll of 10 styles that should be fairly comfortable over such a distance but suggestions are welcome. my choice of heel would be 3'' with a single sole or 5'' with a 1.5'' platform and chunky heel. does anyone know of anybody who has done a similar distance? this would be endurance walking in the big league. not quite up with hiking over a mountain in heels but not too far behind and also a lot safer. i think the platforms would be the best bet as the heels would last a lot longer. the picture just shows examples and colour is irrelevant. the idea is what shoe is most suitable or put another way. least likely to give blisters or sore feet.

post-17818-133522904923_thumb.jpg

All I can say is good luck, I wouldn't walk a marathon in normal shoes, but then that's just me. :blinkbigeyes: Having followed some of your other posts I'm sure that if you do do it, it'll go well.

this poll is not about what you consider to be most appealing or sexiest or even the nicest looking. it is what pair you think would be most suitable to walk a marathon in. my choice would be either DIVINE 415 / 440 and DOLLY 76 / 37. You have to consider factors such as comfort and stability. after all you may love your 6'' stilettos but would you attempt to walk over 26 miles in them

I would have to say that being in the military we do 12.6 mile Ruck Marches twice per year. Doing 12.6 miles in combat boots, with a 50 lb. ruck sack is extremely challenging. I could only imagine doing a 26 mile walk in heels. I would absolutely love to attempt it, but I don't see that happening in the near future. I voted for the Dolly 50, but the Betty 1 or Divine 440 should be suitable, a long as you make sure to use gel insoles and give the shoes at least a month of steady wear for breaking in. Also, if you are to do this marathon, be sure to use microfiber walking socks. They are two layered socks that runners use because all of the friction on the heel is absorbed in the two layers rubbing together. You could also try a well fitted pair of microfiber tights with a pair of microfiber knee highs under them, but that would also generate a lot of heat and keeping cool, along with proper hydration, are essential for doing any type of walking over 5 miles.

"Happiness comes from within, but if there is nothing within, you can never truly be happy." - Me

I would have to say that being in the military we do 12.6 mile Ruck Marches twice per year. Doing 12.6 miles in combat boots, with a 50 lb. ruck sack is extremely challenging. I could only imagine doing a 26 mile walk in heels. I would absolutely love to attempt it, but I don't see that happening in the near future. I voted for the Dolly 50, but the Betty 1 or Divine 440 should be suitable, a long as you make sure to use gel insoles and give the shoes at least a month of steady wear for breaking in. Also, if you are to do this marathon, be sure to use microfiber walking socks. They are two layered socks that runners use because all of the friction on the heel is absorbed in the two layers rubbing together. You could also try a well fitted pair of microfiber tights with a pair of microfiber knee highs under them, but that would also generate a lot of heat and keeping cool, along with proper hydration, are essential for doing any type of walking over 5 miles.

I WAS DOING 10 MILE RUCKSACK WALKS WHEN I WAS IN ARMY CADETS AGED 15. THE WEIGHT WAS ONLY ABOUT 40 POUNDS BUT I FOUND IT NO PROBLEM. 26 MILES IN HEELS WILL BE A BIG CHALLENGE BUT I THINK IT CAN BE DONE. I HAVE NONE 5 MILES IN 7.5'' HEELS (SEE AVATAR) WHICH WAS ALSO MY VERY FIRST TIME WEARING HEELS AND I FOUND IT EASIER THAN I THOUGHT. IT TOOK 3.5 HOURS:smile:

could anyone guide me to where i am likely to suffer blisters? when i completed a 5 mile walk the only blisters i had was on my little toes. i was wearing the same sandals as in my avatar. i also had a blister on the ball of 1 foot. i have uploaded a picture showing some shoes. there is a pink pair of sandals that i will be wearing this coming august to do a 10 mile walk but the other ones are what i consider would be most suitable. you will see that i have marked all of them with coloured spots. this is where i think that blisters are most likely to develop. does anyone agree with my opinions. what style would you think would be best? colour and looks are unimportant

post-17818-133522906055_thumb.jpg

My longest single-day hike was 29 miles, but that also covered 4,400 feet up, and another 4,400 feet down. Took us twelve hours over rough terrain. I was in outstanding shape back then, with the proper footwear, and my feet were still killing me towards the end! I did walk twenty miles on flat road one day, and my feet were hurting then, too. I can't imagine walking half that in heels, even in my most comfortable pair, which I often wear all day long - but most of that is sitting.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.