My age range (18-25)

Althought I am far from being in your guys age club (though not far removed from it) I thought I would impart some wisdom that a very smart lady gave me when it come's to wearing skirt, heels and such. The first thing she said was this "By hiding the fact that you wear skirt's, heels and such make's people think that 1 You are ashamed of what you are wearing! 2 You think it is wrong! 3 You are ashamed of who you are!" Then she goes on to say "If everyone in this world was the same it would be a boring place to live!" I have not been around the block as much as some of the other old dogs here. For me I have had a really hard time coming to grips with who I am for quite a few reason's, witch I wont get into here and now. I just thought as one of the older members I would stop in and give you younger guys a pat on the back! I understand how hard it is too be a teenager these day's cause I have one at home my self! (Damn it just gave away my age:oops:!) I hope my words have helped you guys out some! I know it is easier said than done. Just take it from me go out where your heels as the young man you are, look like a young man and thing's should be just fine!

• Like 1

Speaking of our generation.. Do the HH place have a group on facebook? :-D

Did you yet found a facebook page of hhplace?

Maybe we should start one of our own.

Unite high heel lovers of the world! :-)

my name is Vincent Parent, feel free to add me...

Greets x

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

yeah i am with Vincent let´s have facebook male high heel lovers place that is a good idea because there are only a few places like hhplace. maybe if the high heels lovers gets on more places in the internet it would be more common or acceptable for society well that´s my opinion maybe i am wrong what do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder: we have a group on HHPlace: http://www.hhplace.org/group.php?groupid=34 (meant specifically for ALL genders, not just males, like the topic is about)

Also, I have a blog, that has my previous heeling experiences from years ago: theheelingman.wordpress.com

yeah i am with Vincent let´s have facebook male high heel lovers place

that is a good idea because there are only a few places like hhplace.

maybe if the high heels lovers gets on more places in the internet it would be more common or acceptable for society

well that´s my opinion maybe i am wrong

what do you think?

Heh, browse the forums. I'm pretty sure this topic's been gone over on more than one occasion. Can't go in-depth at the moment, but it's definitely eye-opening to think about. Hope I make sense by that.

Formally "HHDude"

• 2 weeks later...

yeah i am with Vincent let´s have facebook male high heel lovers place

that is a good idea because there are only a few places like hhplace.

maybe if the high heels lovers gets on more places in the internet it would be more common or acceptable for society

well that´s my opinion maybe i am wrong

what do you think?

Did you yet found a facebook page of hhplace?

Maybe we should start one of our own.

Unite high heel lovers of the world! :-)

my name is Vincent Parent, feel free to add me...

Greets x

ok guys, we now have an official HHPlace facebook group.....

Bummer is the URL is rubbish:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=108049285905452&ref=search&sid=554147169.1940780059..1

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Thanks Tech :) Perhaps the new facebook page is a place where we can use our hhplace logo? I don't know about others, but I miss seeing our own logo on hhplace's home page.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks Tech :) Perhaps the new facebook page is a place where we can use our hhplace logo? I don't know about others, but I miss seeing our own logo on hhplace's home page.

I've still got it somewhere, but its colours dnt fit this new red/grey... If they did, I'd put it back happily.

I've still got it somewhere, but its colours dnt fit this new red/grey... If they did, I'd put it back happily.

Can't the colors be changed to match"

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Any other heelers within age range? Females are greatly accepted as well :) I need to think about making a forum for us...I could definitely make something happen.

Formally "HHDude"

I would REALLY like to join the HHP facebook group, but have family and friends on my friends list that i do not want knowing about my heeling :/

Any other heelers within age range? Females are greatly accepted as well :)

I need to think about making a forum for us...I could definitely make something happen.

There is already a forum for the "us", your using it already...

I would REALLY like to join the HHP facebook group, but have family and friends on my friends list that i do not want knowing about my heeling :/

Exactly why one has not yet existed, and why I can bet nobody will join the current new one.

There is already a forum for the "us", your using it already...

Should have seen that coming. I was talking about a group for the 18-25 age range of us. I could take it elsewhere so I could handle the immaturity that would possibly/probably enter the forums :) Of course, while leaving the site as secondary base.

I'm also on the 18-25 range. But not for long ...

Another acceptance :P You won't mind sticking around the group a year, right? :sad:

Formally "HHDude"

Should have seen that coming. I was talking about a group for the 18-25 age range of us. I could take it elsewhere so I could handle the immaturity that would possibly/probably enter the forums :) Of course, while leaving the site as secondary base.

Another acceptance :P You won't mind sticking around the group a year, right? :sad:

There are currently 7,404 members of hhplace with 489 people currently on line viewing it's contents. Now, what makes you think that any alternative forum will, or can, attract as much viewership? Especially from a young crowd that represents 0.3% of hhplace's entire membership?

If anything, rather than breaking off and forming your "own" website and forum, specifically oriented at an age group who's numbers are not particularly significant, why not ask for your own thread, here? Similar to "for woman only" thread. That way you would have a vehicle where you could express your "age specific" views and maintain your individual identities at the same time. And, yes, hhdude, I imagine you could even be appointed it's moderator. If that's what you want?

There are currently 7,404 members of hhplace with 489 people currently on line viewing it's contents. Now, what makes you think that any alternative forum will, or can, attract as much viewership? Especially from a young crowd that represents 0.3% of hhplace's entire membership?

If anything, rather than breaking off and forming your "own" website and forum, specifically oriented at an age group who's numbers are not particularly significant, why not ask for your own thread, here? Similar to "for woman only" thread. That way you would have a vehicle where you could express your "age specific" views and maintain your individual identities at the same time. And, yes, hhdude, I imagine you could even be appointed it's moderator. If that's what you want?

Unfortunately, you bring up good points. The biggest is the fact that we do only make up a major small portion of HHPlace. Our group on here is proof of that, not to mention the activity among the portion.

So, although I could be made a moderator of that particular forum/thread if it were to come up later on, I wouldn't be able to promise that it would stay as active as the overall forum, probably expecting no replies for.... weeks? Months? Although many topics around here have seen better times...

The point? Taking strictly into how the group is going I made on here, I don't think the forum's ready for a separate "age-grouped" forum. At least, until the group flourishes somewhat. Hate to be all "touchy" about the subject, but hey.

Formally "HHDude"

Dude, you can always create a "group" on Yahoo that will give you a good idea of how successful your effort will be. Quite frankly, given the active nature of people your age, I would bet that the average life span of any single member that joined would be more that 2 or 3 months because the interests of individuals in your age group wax and wane very quickly. But, Thomas Edison invented the light bulb because he tried... So go for it if you are determined. :)

Tech:-) I, for one, am proud to be a member of the "Old Fart Day Center" crowd. I am also proud of be a member of the HH Place Forum. We "old farts" are quite necessary here to help the younger crowd along their way to enjoying wearing high heels for a life-time. Just my opinion, of course. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it. TEE! HEE!. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hey, This isn't related to your conversation but I've just seen this thread and have loved all the comments! Think it is a really good idea! I'm 23 and love high heels but I don't have a pair of my own at the moment. I had a pair 18months ago but I'm at university and havent found a way that I could have a pair and keep them secret from my friends. I had a pair of strappy sandals and used to wear them around my house and I drove around in them a lot. I've taken a few walks in them but in areas where I know nobody knows me but not too long and again late at night so nobdoy would see. Really want a new pair and an environment where I can wear them without having to worry if anyone I know will find them or see me wearing them.

Hey, Matt! There is no more forgiving place to wear heels than at college. If it were me, I would find a great looking pair of black or dark brown Nine West ankle boots with 2½ or 3" wedge heels, rounded toes and wear them around campus without concern. They look quite "unisex" to begin with and would look great with blue jeans or dockers. People might notice them when you start wearing them but after a couple of days, your boots will not be a rarity but will be seen as "normal" for you to wear. It works. :)

I think if I was in that age group, I would wear heels all of the time. In this day and age younger people can carry off loads of styles and get away with it. Nobody appears to give a dam what you do if you are of the younger generation. Wish I was 18 again. People are far more forgiving today than when I was 18 (1969).

life is not a rehearsal

I guarantee you that if I would be in that age range today I would wear heels constantly everywhere I would go and while doing everything. It is 50 plus years ago since I was that age. Would I go back if I could? Certainly not as I think that I have managed my life as best as I could so far and I don't regret any of it. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...

Im 20 and I'll try to explain why us young folks have a difficult time with "confidence". Before I start I would just like to say that I dont think the word "confidence" is the correct word. Our situation is more about "reputation" then anything. Most of us that are 18-22ish still live with our parents and go to school. The friends we have made this far in life are the only people have to socialize with. If we ruin our reputations that we have with our current friends, then theirs no one else to turn too. Its very hard to make new friends and we cant move out, we cant go to a different school and the biggest fear of all is our families. If our families found out about our heels and were negative about the matter, the next 2-4 years of our lives would be dreadful because we would be stuck in a house that doesnt like us for who we really are. So I guess what Im trying to say is that the most logical thing to do when trying to keep friends around, is to not scare them off by telling them a small secret about yourself. Why ruin friendships when you can simply not tell them about your little "heel thing"? Once we move out and have our own place, we will be more open with our heeling.

Meh, even then, there's a small risk of running into those same grade-school kids. But then, aren't we suppose to not care in the first place? Secondly, they may not be the friends for us, then. I mean, if they're gonna turn it into a big dramatic deal and assume a lie (especially with us being dudes), then maybe we need to turn elsewhere for support. I'd say we should befriend girls, so then, you at least have some steady support. Not saying use them, but I think in this/these case(s), females would be better friends than males. You have one thing to talk to them about! :)

Formally "HHDude"

Look at things from your males friends eyes. They are different people and you have to respect their boundaries. To them, high heels are gay and they want nothing to do with it. You should respect that and simply leave your high heels out of the picture. Being open minded means to not only accept people for who they, but to also respect your friends boundaries and accept that they have a different outlook on things. Now if you require that your friends accept you and your heels then we are talking about a different subject, but if you appreciate your friendships then you shouldnt deliberately attempt to destroy your relationships over your heels.

I'm enjoying my the rest of this year as 25 before I turn one year older in 2011. Yikes!!! I'm old, I know. But for women, we take aging seriously. As for high heels, I'm very, very active. I wear them to work everyday ranging from 5"-6" in height. I generally wear strappy sandals, open toe, or stiletto pumps. At home, I enjoy my nice pair of Pleaser mules. I can wear high heels all day because my feet has grown accustomed to them. I can still wear my running shoes but only for a short time before my feet starts to hurt.

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey

I'm enjoying my the rest of this year as 25 before I turn one year older in 2011. Yikes!!! I'm old, I know. But for women, we take aging seriously.

As for high heels, I'm very, very active. I wear them to work everyday ranging from 5"-6" in height. I generally wear strappy sandals, open toe, or stiletto pumps. At home, I enjoy my nice pair of Pleaser mules.

I can wear high heels all day because my feet has grown accustomed to them. I can still wear my running shoes but only for a short time before my feet starts to hurt.

Oooooh! Reminds me of a subject that's being "argued" about somewhere around here..... *cough*

Anywho, we welcome you to the group, with open arms :P If you will still accept? :)

Looks like we're getting a steady number of members to the group, as well.

Formally "HHDude"

• 2 weeks later...

I hope everyone's joining the group on here: http://www.hhplace.org/group.php?groupid=34

It's not only to keep track of our youthful members on HHPlace, but also to carry on topics that could inspire one another to keep on heeling. It's like a mini-HHPlace for us, eh? :wave:

Do we have any others that wish to be known?

Formally "HHDude"