My age range (18-25)

Well, this topic is to gather a knowledge of how many of the members here are within the age range of 18-25 years old. Cause sometimes, I just feel like the only young member here (I'm eighteen myself, btw) and while it doesn't necessarily, dare I say, suck, it gets kind of lonely, if you know what I mean. We have the veterans that has done it (heeling) in and outside of their home. Then those who are middle-aged and either has or hasn't outed in heels yet (and here, I'm talking males). Finally, those "up and coming" young generation of heelers, both male and female, ready to take heeling inside the house and out to the next level. The only problem: Where are they??? I'm here, and a "Member Search" some months ago showed there Are others, but very inactive at this point. Is there any more teens and young adults around to uphold the new generation of heelers, males and females? Please post your age along with a small "info" and what heels you wear (wedges, stilets, etc. and 4 inch, 5 inch, etc.). (I won't make it to a poll, as it will defeat the whole purpose: to find who IS still active heelers as teens/young adults).

Formally "HHDude"

HHDude, I am also a young heeler, being only 19 years old. I know what you mean about the loneliness of it, i often wonder if some of my friends may have tried heels or something similar, but would never speak a word of it. I think alot of people our age are too judgemental and just go with whatever is widely considered normality, where as us as heelers, have a more open view of society and what's right or wrong. I started heeling when i was around 14/15, and have only within the last year purchased my very own pair of heels. My preferences for heels are pumps/peep toes, and the higher the better! although i only own 5inch heels, i would like some 6inch, but cannot see them being practical at all, but i guess with my level of heeling, practicality shouldn't be any of my concern as i've only ventured out in public late at night and only on brief walks. I would like to become more confident in my outings and maybe even go out in broad daylight in public, but am scared that if i see anybody my age i'll just be ridiculed. Would also love to know if there's any younger people who're into heels or more. Great topic, hope it's a popular one! Heelguy.

Hey, I'm at high end of your range, with membership set to expire in four months (my birthday is 6/17). I've been out in heels, I've incorporated women's clothing into otherwise masculine-look outfits, I've been out in full drag (DRessed As a Girl). I like many tenets of women's fashion, so I'm not just limited to heels. I can appreciate a good pair of cute flats, as well.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

HHDude,

I started heeling when i was around 14/15, and have only within the last year purchased my very own pair of heels. My preferences for heels are pumps/peep toes, and the higher the better! although i only own 5inch heels, i would like some 6inch, but cannot see them being practical at all, but i guess with my level of heeling, practicality shouldn't be any of my concern as i've only ventured out in public late at night and only on brief walks. I would like to become more confident in my outings and maybe even go out in broad daylight in public, but am scared that if i see anybody my age i'll just be ridiculed. Would also love to know if there's any younger people who're into heels or more.

Great topic, hope it's a popular one!

Heelguy.

Wish I could "brag" about this (or maybe not. Not good to show who I truly am), but I wouldn't be able to prove that I had really done this with another walk, but anywho...

I actually have gone to a public mall (obviously public) out in broad daylight before, but it was quite early in the morning, and I had a day-off from school, so I thought, Perfect! Got a pair of open-toe wedges out and went onward to the mall.

Good thing about this was that there was: 1) not many people walking around at this hour, and 2) absolutely NO teens(!). Now, there were college kids here and there, but I didn't know any college kids around those parts, so I was lucky.

Just brought this up to show another chance you could go heeling out. I've realized that we're not "morning people", so your chances of running into someone you know are very slim. So you now have, Early Morning and Late Night. Hope it helps, somehow! :blinkbigeyes:

Hey, I'm at high end of your range, with membership set to expire in four months (my birthday is 6/17). I've been out in heels, I've incorporated women's clothing into otherwise masculine-look outfits, I've been out in full drag (DRessed As a Girl).

I like many tenets of women's fashion, so I'm not just limited to heels. I can appreciate a good pair of cute flats, as well.

Aww. You, at least, deserve a one-more-year chance to be our Example, for future CDs and male heelers :pulsingheart: It's pretty cool how've you incorporated heels into masculine-wear. I've done it to, but I bet you may have pics to serve as proof? Better than I could take, haha.

Formally "HHDude"

Im definatly not a morning person like the rest of us, i love to sleep in on my days off :blinkbigeyes: haha so i think that's out of the question unless an all nighter was on the cards.. id just love to have the confidence to not even have to worry about being seen by anyone, and im not sure wether there not being many people around would help or not, because you'd stick out more surely? where as if it was really busy you could blend in as people would be less likely to look at you, but then you have a higher risk of bumping into somebody you know or being seen by ALOT more people. I think i just need to actually plan an outing in a non local area and go for it!

HHDude, I'll just say this: You have to want to do it, and you should start by feeling out female friends and seeing which of them you can confide in. In 2008, when I decided, "You know, I'm just going to start doing it, but before I go all-out, I'm going to make sure I have some people in my corner," my first goal was to tell people I already had a good feeling about (friends I knew that participated in the arts, that liked me as a person and thus would dampen the shock factor, other tall female friends, and had otherwise demonstrated a profound open-mindedness). From there I branched out to friends who had a broad fashion sense, and that's kinda where I am today. While not 100% of them have been favorably in my corner, I appreciate those who are. They get first looks at outfits I put together, shoes I buy, and in turn I serve as an extra set of eyes for them. It really works out well in the end, but I don't feel like I'm doing anything extraordinary to achieve that. I just continue to be the good person and cool friend that I am, and they benefit in a unique way for it :blinkbigeyes:

Where do I get my member card? :blinkbigeyes:

You're with us by just posting here :pulsingheart:

HHDude, I'll just say this: You have to want to do it, and you should start by feeling out female friends and seeing which of them you can confide in. In 2008, when I decided, "You know, I'm just going to start doing it, but before I go all-out, I'm going to make sure I have some people in my corner," my first goal was to tell people I already had a good feeling about (friends I knew that participated in the arts, that liked me as a person and thus would dampen the shock factor, other tall female friends, and had otherwise demonstrated a profound open-mindedness). From there I branched out to friends who had a broad fashion sense, and that's kinda where I am today.

While not 100% of them have been favorably in my corner, I appreciate those who are. They get first looks at outfits I put together, shoes I buy, and in turn I serve as an extra set of eyes for them. It really works out well in the end, but I don't feel like I'm doing anything extraordinary to achieve that. I just continue to be the good person and cool friend that I am, and they benefit in a unique way for it :)

Hah! How true that is! Now, in your opinion, would you just leave behind those friends who wouldn't accept, under ALL means? I'm in the "Ignore" phase right now, because two girls I know are part of that "norm" more-or-less, and can't expand to openness of guys in heels. I honestly don't know what to do about them.

As for your idea, I actually had thought it up at one time long ago. I told two of my friends about it (both girls). One is a total question mark (hasn't really mentioned it after), and the other, well... I'd have to bring it up to her again. I asked her if we could meet somewhere one day, with me in heels, and that day was kinda forgotten since then. I'd have to bring it up again.

Maybe I'll be solo this year. Until college :happy:

Formally "HHDude"

You don't ignore them, but you know where there place in your life isn't. I don't mind not sharing my heeling / gender-bending with hundreds of others. The three dozen or so that know is adequate for me. I love and appreciate them dearly for their open-mindedness, but at the same time I realise that I am not defined by this singular interest. They can talk to me about other things, and vice versa.

i only ever confided in an ex-girlfriend, it was nice to have somebody i could share my love for heels with, but at the same time, that became the only reason i wanted to see her, so i could wear my heels with somebody by my side, so it was unfair of me to do that to her. I have a friend who works at a shoe store that sells both mens and womens shoes, i've recently been considering confiding in her, but am still abit unsure.. we'll see how it goes

i only ever confided in an ex-girlfriend, it was nice to have somebody i could share my love for heels with, but at the same time, that became the only reason i wanted to see her, so i could wear my heels with somebody by my side, so it was unfair of me to do that to her.

I have a friend who works at a shoe store that sells both mens and womens shoes, i've recently been considering confiding in her, but am still abit unsure.. we'll see how it goes

Why not ask her if she has ever sold heels to men? It's a good way to open the subject and find out her attitude toward men wearing heels at the same time.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I'm a 19 year old guy as well, though I've been wearing high heels since... I was 13-14? I don't remember exactly, but I'm sure it was around those ages when I started liking high heels. I never really started purchasing them until I was 18, though. Now I own up to 6 pairs, with a 7th pair coming my way. I told 2 people I know of my love for high heels: a good friend and my girlfriend. I first told my secret to my good friend. Since she's open minded and had a girlfriend at the time, I figured I could tell her. She was like 'OMG you're actually serious? XD' but she has accepted it and I sometimes show her pairs of high heels that I want to purchase, to get her opinion. My girlfriend once asked me if there was anything she needed to know about me. I took that chance to tell her that I liked to wear high heels and women's clothing. She's so open minded that she didn't even find it strange. She found it strange that she didn't find it strange. She has bought a pair of heels, a skirt and stockings for me up until now. She also likes to browse around for high heels with me. Just goes to show how supportive she is. Fun fact: I was the one that made her see how fun wearing high heels actually is- she loathed them at first, but now loves to wear them. I like stiletto's best, though my (small) collection is a mix of about everything (style and height): patent stiletto pumps (3 inch), platform high heels (4 inch), low heels (1 inch), wedges (3 inch), ankle platform boots (4 inch) and block heels (3 inch). I'm currently wearing my patent stiletto pumps. I had 3 outings so far: - Alone, late at night, with a pair of patent heels that my girlfriend loaned me. - Together with my girlfriend, in the evening, with my block heels. We went for a stroll around my village. - The last one was with my patent stiletto pumps, during a train ride back to home a few days ago. Most public outing so far. I intended to wear them for the duration of the train ride, but took a bold step and kept them on when I left the train. I got a weird stare from a middle-aged woman, but the rest of the people didn't seem to care or notice. Didn't wear them for that long though. Fortunately, I have a group of friends who are really open minded, so I could confide in more of them, but I suppose two is good enough for me.

i only ever confided in an ex-girlfriend, it was nice to have somebody i could share my love for heels with, but at the same time, that became the only reason i wanted to see her, so i could wear my heels with somebody by my side, so it was unfair of me to do that to her.

I have a friend who works at a shoe store that sells both mens and womens shoes, i've recently been considering confiding in her, but am still abit unsure.. we'll see how it goes

I think the first thing to do here is to drop the word "confide" because it sounds like your treating this as if you had some horrible disease or had commited a horrible crime... If you word it like that, your going to convince yourself your doing something wrong.

Its just footwear, put them on your feet and go see your friend, and do NOT bring up the subject of your footwear unless asked, you know, just like you normally would in day-to-day life.. :blinkbigeyes:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I'm 22 years old. Posted my story in the intro section :blinkbigeyes: The 2 times I really went heel-shopping I just tried some pairs on. Also with other people occasionally walking in and out. I was kindly helped by the employees every time, no weird faces. It also felt quite natural to me somehow, which surprised me. Fortunately my girlfriend fully supports me :pulsingheart: She's awesome!

Hello! I'm also a young heelers, and i'm 21! I start wearing heels since the end of the last summer, and I only wear them in private for the moment...I'm have 2 pairs of heels. The one are ankle boots with 3,5inch heels, and the second are western kneehigh, with approximately 3inch heels! I love the feeling of being heeled, and I really want to wear them everywhere, and as much as possible, but I don't found the courage for the moment! It's great to see that I'm not the only young guy who love wearing heels!

• 2 weeks later...

So,

any new heeling stories amongst us? Or any new gains?

And are there any more fellow-aged heelers? (18-25) I know there are! :happy:

Hello,

Don't really know how I missed this thread always thought I was a loner in this age group here? :pulsingheart: But yeah turning 21 this year and been wearing heels since 14.

I always be a closet heeler though until I was 17, been wearing heels in public at least twice or more a week since then :blinkbigeyes:

I'm at the top end of the range (25) thanks for making me feel old!

Lol. No worries. I'll give you an extra year, alongside Danielinheels. How's that sound? :pulsingheart: I better make a group on here, to see where we really stand in terms of who's 18-25 years.

Hello,

Don't really know how I missed this thread always thought I was a loner in this age group here? :happy: But yeah turning 21 this year and been wearing heels since 14.

I always be a closet heeler though until I was 17, been wearing heels in public at least twice or more a week since then :blinkbigeyes:

Good to hear you've been in public more than once. How do you do it? Care to share the secrets? :)

EDIT: Made the group, as soon as I thought about it. http://www.hhplace.org/group.php?groupid=34

Formally "HHDude"

Good to hear you've been in public more than once. How do you do it? Care to share the secrets? :blinkbigeyes:

EDIT: Made the group, as soon as I thought about it. http://www.hhplace.org/group.php?groupid=34

My best advice is just go do it and not be ashamed or worry about people that stare or whatever. Though it is easier to start where you have a very limited chance of running into people you know (i.e Go out of town for a day put on a pair of your favourite shoes)

HHDude,

Is that you in your avatar? If so, those are some awesome shoes!

Lol, no. But I do wish I could own those for a second, at least. Haha.

I should have new pics soon.

Formally "HHDude"