Pet Peeves

1) Nice shoes and boots that don't come in my size (13-14 USW). Like the picture, for instance, from Newport News, now on clearance for $29.99 (only up to 10): 2) Ads/listings on eBay, and other regular store ads, that label high heels as "Womens Shoes". Are some people so clueless they wouldn't be able to tell if it wasn't for the label? Of course, they should be just shoes, neither womens or mens. 3) Listings on eBay that say "Crossdresser" - I don't want to crossdress, just wear heels, and those terms tend to drive me away. Despite what we may think, the press likes to use "Crossdresser" in a derogatory or scandalous or risque manner.

post-28-133522904604_thumb.jpg

Here are some of mine. 1. Listings on ebay that don't show the size. What a waste of time! I always promise I won't bother to look, but do so anyway, LOL. 2. Sellers who take forever to answer a question. I always make sure to ask more than 24 hrs before the ending of the auction. I did so once and the seller answered to "ask again on Monday." Monday was AFTER the auction. (He probably thought he would only get one measly bid so why bother.) 3. And if someone's going to offer "made to measure," s/he might as well follow the instructions, no? Don't mess them up and blame them on the customer. (This happened to one jewelry maker who eventually got NARU'd) 4. Sellers who don't ship abroad. You're only shorting yourself. There were some heels I wanted to get in Germany and I noticed that one seller who did ship internationally was able to command much higher prices for the EXACT same pair of heels. (OK, I get that they probably don't want to deal with customs, but still....)

well 2sweetkittys, what I dont like is when you find somthing (footwear, cars, anything really) is only one picture on it on ebay-it seems to be somthing "fishy" if you know what I mean in regards to the item in question those to me show up as a "red flag" type of warning. It may well be nothing @ all, but then again one never does know for sure what there getting if they decide to bid on said item!

Yes I hate the "transvestite/crossdresser/gay" thing too. It's like they're telling me what I should wear just because of my lifestyle.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Good post BobHH,

Yes indeed all those points that 2sweetkittys and demoniaplatforms have mentioned too.

1)What is pet peeve for me is that if you find a pair of shoes on a site such like.com or zappos.com, then try to find more info on sizing with the original maker it is so hard come up with the info. I realize different name brands sell different shoes to different buyers but it is a big chase.

On e-bay, one might find a Christian Laboutins but not in your size but to find if they actually make them in your size is almost a forensic case study.

2) you find one type of Nine West shoe in the States but they not ship internationally and then Nine West stores in Canada do not even know the style I am talking about and can not get it. Not just Nine West but other makers as well, ergg......

3) as mentioned before my reply, they only make a style up to a size 10, I am an 11.....some days I want my feet to fit size 10.....

4) Not knowing where the shoes/boots are made; if I am spending $ on a pairs shoes/boots online I would like to know where they are made, might make me purchase them and sooner if I knew they were from Europe vs somewhere in Asia. We do not always have the right stores here to go and see them before buying them.

But as anything and especially shoes/boots of interest, the process of shopping is also part of the fun in finding that hidden morsel. But you got to admit though some days when seeing the "the shoe/boot" that is got to have now!, it would nice to have it now by a simple call or e-mail instead of searching for it everywhere.

Oh the fun of having an obsession.

Mtnsofheels

Holy Crap, those boots are absolutely PUKKA!!!! Serious shame about the size only going up to a US10 :blinkbigeyes:

What size is an "065" exactly???? The tan ones would look excellent with straight leg levi's...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I presumed 065 was 6 1/2 (?)

I think you're right (I cheated and looked at another shoe, which had almost all sizes available). Can't say I've ever seen this format before though.

I wonder if the tan shoes wouldn't look better with a dark wooden heel/platform, vs black.

Good luck getting them. Right now the size/color drop-down is blank. They are cute though. OH YA...Pet peeves: When you order a shoe and the internet receipt says "you will receive an E-Mail conformation shortly" it comes three days later ,all the while you watch your new shoes still with your size listed, saying "SORRY your size is no longer avaiable and will not be reordered"

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS