Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

$11 Find from Target:

Xhilaration Keava Hiking Boots (Heels?)

post-3445-0-35740000-1356656932_thumb.jppost-3445-0-67413700-1356656937_thumb.jppost-3445-0-17747400-1356656941_thumb.jp

Look for them in the store. Online for $29, in store from $10.87 to ~$14.99. Foot has a slightly odd forward pitch. The size 11's I purchased are little snug (see odd foot pitch). Has the longest pair of laces I've ever seen on boots (men's or women's).

Hmm! Interesting. Kinda reminds me of that old high heeled Timberland look from several years ago.

Posted Image

Don't know if these things are still in vogue or not though.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

$11 Find from Target:

post-3445-0-35740000-1356656932_thumb.jppost-3445-0-67413700-1356656937_thumb.jppost-3445-0-17747400-1356656941_thumb.jp

Look for them in the store. Online for $29, in store from $10.87 to ~$14.99. Foot has a slightly odd forward pitch. The size 11's I purchased are little snug (see odd foot pitch). Has the longest pair of laces I've ever seen on boots (men's or women's).

"Online for $29, in store from $10.87 to ~$14.99" At that price tag I would not hesitate one second to buy them in size 11 in gray/brown or orange, but Target is not shipping to Germany.

Anyone any ideas how to get them to Heidelberg/Mannheim area ?

$11 Find from Target:

Not really my taste but they are nice.

For that price though wow

Think I'm ganna have to go on a shoe trip to the USA :)

Edited by FreshinHeels

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

As it's new year sales time, I bought myself some new boots. They are made by YSL and called tribtoo boots. they have 160 mm heel and a 40 mm hidden platform. the leather skirt is from asos :) happy new year!!!

post-1148-0-17073500-1357166239_thumb.jp

post-1148-0-06010200-1357166263_thumb.jp

stilettos are the way forward, just love them

As it's new year sales time, I bought myself some new boots. They are made by YSL and called tribtoo boots. they have 160 mm heel and a 40 mm hidden platform. the leather skirt is from asos :) happy new year!!!

Very nice! And they look darn good on you. Bravo!

Bakers Boots Clearance Find:

Bakers Freelanced Ankle Boot ($10)

post-3445-0-00243800-1357242428_thumb.jppost-3445-0-94929300-1357242432_thumb.jppost-3445-0-38015700-1357242437_thumb.jp

Despite having rubberized sole, the heel is quite hard, so these are not for quiet wear. Marked down to $39.99 online, I got them for 80% off, or just $10. The ladies must have hit the 11's in other boot styles because these were all that was left last Friday.

A Man's Shoe Obsession: A blog of a man who loves high heels and women's shoes. http://amaninheels.tumblr.com/

Last week, I ordered a pair of Pleaser "Legend" 8899 thigh boots in black from Amazon.com. Well, they arrived today, and they look absolutely great! To properly show them off for everyone here, I donned a black denim skirt I recently had shortened from 19 to 16 inches, and the combination was fantastic. Much to my surprise, the boots were very easy to walk in, even with the five inch heels, I imagine that after I buy some padded insoles for them tomorrow, the comfort factor is bound to increase. I'll soon be taking these beauties out for a jaunt, don't know if I'll do so in that skirt or in tight jeans, but when I do, I'll report about the outing in my "Jaunt" thread.

post-154-0-71252200-1357244016_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-27299700-1357244025_thumb.jpg

Shoeprints, I had a pair of those Nine West boots. They were really great for public heeling. The heel was high enough to make sure you knew you were in heels, but the overall look was not too feminine. The probelm I had with them is that they would pull my trouser socks down into the boot when I walked, and then the upper would rub against my bare leg, leaving an irritated spot. Ended up giving them away. I did wear them out several times, however.

post-79-0-88038100-1355261168_thumb.jpgpost-79-0-28633700-1355261189_thumb.jpgpost-79-0-80502500-1355261204_thumb.jpgPicked these up Friday at Nine West outlet. All of $44 on sale. Style is called NoLilyBell. Size 11, which fits my mens size 10-10.5 pretty well. Heels are nearly 4". Haven;t worn them outside just yet. Might have to get the heels quieted down some. While I enjoy the sound when the girls wear them, I'm not crazy about the attention they clicking garners when I wear them.

Just a follow up on these boots. They were fairly loud, so I took them to my local shoe reapir shop for a heel job. He filled the heel with a foam material and put on a rubber (as opposed to plastic or nylon, whatever the original was) heel plate, and they are now almost completely silent. I have worn them out only once (not much time for heeling with the holiday) and I could not believe how quiet they are now. They are also rather comfortable despite the 4" heel.

For Korbach, they are great boots. Due to an online ordering problem I ended up with two pairs of these exact same boots. I have the duplicate pair on EBay US right now, seller name ohbucks! if you or anyone is interested. With their block heel and rugged looks these would be ideal for any members seeking a good public heeling starter pair.

"It's just a flesh wound"

Nice boots, JeffB. Is that model called 'Legend' or 'Leg end'? - the latter seems more apt!

Well, those boots are certainly cool....in a legendary way!

Havn't been here for a long time, but had to post that I just got a new pair of daily wear boots from Jones Boots in MX.

Posted Image

They are not a super high heel, but a great pair of daily wear boots. 3" heel. Heel is a bit narrower that traditional cowboy boots at a little smaller than 2 inch by 2 inch. Lugged sole for the winter here in the great white north, and oil tanned leather for weather proofing! They are made in the style of an engineer boot with the harness and zip side entry and a "J" toe. Let me know what you think!

Tightlevisandhhboots

They look great! What is a J toe? Never heard of that term.

Steve

It is a term used in Cowboy boots that indicates a toe that is rounded, but more pointy or sharp than a traditional round toe. They do not look too long like most pointy tie shoes/boots and they give more room in the toe box for better comfort for all day comfort.

TLAHHB

Those are nice looking boots for every day wear. A nice sturdy heel for winter time wearing. I have a pair of Frye men's boots with very similar heels, like yours. I also wear them out when I need a sturdier heel to walk in ice and snow. I also like to tuck my jeans inside my boots too. In my area I am starting to see more men wearing their jeans tucked inside their boots too. I am glad that this is catching on for men, so that when I wear my women's heeled boots, I don't look out of place! Happy Heeling, bluejay

Havn't been here for a long time, but had to post that I just got a new pair of daily wear boots from Jones Boots in MX.

Tightlevisandhhboots

Nice sturdy boots, but a little too rugged for my taste. Can someone tell me the purpose of the straps around the instep - are they functional (I can't see how) or purely decorative?

Nice sturdy boots, but a little too rugged for my taste. Can someone tell me the purpose of the straps around the instep - are they functional (I can't see how) or purely decorative?

All my other heeled boots are slick soles like dress shoes/pumps etc. I ordered these for wearing to work in the winter. They needed to be waterproof, good traction on ice and snow, and sturdy, as I am in and out of the truck, the office and out in the field all day, and in some of the nastiest winter weather the great white north can offer. I decided to save money on the stitching to keep them more of a work boot, but that was too plain, so I have always liked the Harley/biker harness style boots, so I asked Miguel to add the decorative harness onto the boots. I also had him add the zipper for ease if access, when I don't have my boot tree with me to remove my boots. Here in the north it is customary to remove your shoes at the door, and when wearing my other boots out and about, it can be a buy of a pain to get off my snug fitting boots.

Thanks; that's interesting. I can see that they are a good serviceable boot. You say the harness is decorative on yours but is that always the case; does it actually fulfil some function on such a boot? I should be surprised if those buying a workboot normally wanted pure decoration and (presumably) paid extra for it.

Yippee! I got my boots today...

Posted Image

The heels are higher than expected (probably because of them being size US 10.5 / 41) - nearly 5 inches on both boots.

Although they are by the same manufacturer (Ballin), the suede ones fit more snugly than the black ones, and are also a bit more difficult to walk in, perhaps because the bootleg isn't cut as high and therefore doesn't provide as much support. Don't know.

What I like: I don't have to bring them to my cobbler to get a rubber (Vibram) sole installed: Ballin has put a rubber insert in the middle of the sole to prevent slipping. Very well done.

Walking: Ok, I still have to learn to walk gracefully in 5 inch stiletto heels. Right now, I think I am walking a bit clumsy, at least I am noticing that I am not walking as natural as in the other boots I own. I guess I will need more practice...

Also... I just had gotten back some trousers from the alteration service to get them hemmed for my Costume National boots. The fit perfectly for those boots, but are a little too short for the new boots. Probably have to get new trousers at one point for these boots.

All in all a good buy at the price that I paid; the original retail price would have been a bit too high in my opinion. Definitely two keepers :-)