Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

@Alsheels: I also bought some suede boots - I really like the suede material. If you want to wear them during rainy weather, make sure that you protect them using a protective spray. I found a video that explains a little more:

http://www.youtube.c...bed/atbDExdAMhI

Just make sure you use the spray outside, as it shouldn't be inhaled. I always hold my breath while spraying in order not to inhale too much of the spray.

Hi all got these boots today at the shoe dept at the mall today,tryed them on in the store and wore them out.

Whoa! Color me suitably impressed! Cool boots, donna! You wear them well!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hi all got these boots today at the shoe dept at the mall today,tryed them on in the store and wore them out.

May I ask a favor? I saw the same boots and was wondering what the shaft length from the top of the heel is? Would you mind measuring the pair you have please?

Those boots look good on you!

Thanks!

-Ilk

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

donnawonna - WOW great boots and a great look.

The second picture greatly resembles a good fiend of mine who unfortunaely is not into boots or heels. :penitent:

Just curious, what shoes were you wearing going into the shoe dept?

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

hi thigh boot guy. i was wearing my black thigh high boots in the store.and the heel height is 5 incges.1inch platform.and from bottom of hee to top of boot is 25 inches.And thanks 9 inch heel and jeff.

Hi, I also have to say those are some great looking boots!! You look great! I also like your hair color. Nice!

Sorry, LiveAndLearn, but those boots are plain UGLY! With or without the huge platform they look positively orthopaedic and (heels aside) rather remind me of what some poor kids with polio were obliged to wear in the 1950s, usually because one leg was shorter than the other.

Puffer: it always amazes me that guys here have complained for years that designers did not sell heels in mens sizes, but every time one tries the comments are horrific. If you fislike them keep your comments helpful, or do not be confused when the few models out there go away for good.

(formerly known as "JimC")

hi thigh boot guy. i was wearing my black thigh high boots in the store.

I would have been disapointed if you had said anything else. I take it the staff was not surprised when you wore your new boots out of the store.

Is your photographer also a boot fan (wearer)? Either way, your out and about pictures are always appreciated.

I am still struck by how much you resemble my friend. Unfortunately her only venture into boots is short ridding boots and she is not interested in heels at all so it would be easy to tell you two apart.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

LiveAndLearn, I do like your choice in shoes and hope the industry keeps going on to make heels for men. I would actually treat myself to a pair but the pricing keeps me away. My favorite styles are more womens as they are what I wear now. More petite with a stiletto type heel. Let us know if you get out in them and comments if any.

It's okay, everyone has different tastes. But i'm young, and im andrognyous, and gorgeous. These shoes are the shit, and they're amazing. Besides, if your avatar is anything to go by Puffer, the shoes you enjoy, then your opinion holds no ground on my taste, or style, in shoes. No shade boo. Nevertheless, i'm happy with my purchase, infact more than happy, i'm a little estatic. The shoes look killer with pretty much any outfit, they're easier to walk in and they're overall a great shoe. A lot of people here don't enjoy my taste in shoes, and it's whatever, but I find a lot of people here are a (LOT) older than I am, and that shows in a lot of their shoe tastes. Your shoe games are weak. Sorry 'bout it.

What Other People Think Of Me, Ain't None Of My Buisness ~ RuPaul

No two people in the world have exactly the same taste, and since beauty (or ugly) is in the eyes of the beholder, declaring that someone else's shoes are ugly serves no useful purpose and in this forum is quite counterproductive. We are a tiny minority of males here, and most of the male population does not share our taste in footwear. We need to be supportive of each other. For us to insult one another merely divides us rather than unites us. If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say it. Steve

Hey Live and Learn I definitely dig your boots I have the glitter and distressed ones just like you. I definitely applaud your bold statement that you are making. Definitely got to let us know what responses you get for wearing your boots or send me a pm and let me know what's up!!! Take care and keep doing what ya do!!

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

Oh dear! My honestly-expressed if perhaps blunt comments about LiveAndLearn’s boots have clearly ruffled a few feathers, and in this season of goodwill too! I am sorry if he or anyone else is upset, but I do not apologise for expressing my opinion on a pair of boots that I do not like. Last time I looked, there was nothing in this board’s rules to preclude polite criticism or require only sycophantic responses. By posting here, everyone is impliedly inviting a response and the value of the board is significantly reduced if a balanced view is not obtainable. If some people like something said or shown and say so, but others who do not keep quiet for fear of causing potential offence, then the OP will never gain any meaningful overall response- and that is when this board becomes counter-productive.

I don’t like platforms (particularly big ones) or clumpy footwear and would not wear something in this style, even if available in my size (UK11 = USW14). But why should my expressed dislike of something that simply doesn't suit me and which I consider ugly (and too expensive) discourage the manufacture of these or anything comparable? I don’t believe that the typical businessman throws his toys out of the pram whenever someone says ‘ugh – not for me’.

LAL seems to be suggesting that there is a big difference between us in both age and taste. I am sure he is right on both counts and I do not criticise him merely because of those significant differences (or those of maturity and literacy – maybe he will manage to ‘live and learn’). I am truly glad that he has found something that he likes to wear – I wish it were that easy for me! Likewise, he is perfectly entitled to dislike my choices, as indeed he appears to.

Sorry for the late reply on this. I needed to really contemplate my thoughts before speaking.

Puffer: it always amazes me that guys here have complained for years that designers did not sell heels in mens sizes, but every time one tries the comments are horrific.

I think the difference and what draws the ire is between ' size ' and ' style '.

Designers making heels ' for men '.. I have to be honest.. They are making things that look like Frankenstein should wear them. They arent ' classy ' and honestly, they hold more ' shock ' factor then anything else. I havent found a like for any pair of ' mens heels ' yet.

If you fislike them keep your comments helpful, or do not be confused when the few models out there go away for good.

I think the solution is simple. Take a normal pair of ' womans shoes ' and put the appropriate dimensions on them. Maybe a wider toebox and larger size? Instead of making it impossible to find an 11+ in size, make 12's and 13's?

Its not really economically gainful to do right now as there isnt a huge market like there is for womens 7.5-10's.

I see women wearing some of these shoes and they walk like they just left a gin-mill, drunk! Clumsy, tottering all over the place..

Theres also the theme of what a friend calls ' jack stands '. Its one thing when some athletic or skinny woman wears a pair of graceful stilettos, but when they wear something with a heel thats thicker then her legs and has a platform that puts her up higher then a car on jackstands.. I didnt like her comment at first, but after seeing these images in malls walking around, I can understand what her meaning of such a term is.

I don’t like platforms (particularly big ones) or clumpy footwear and would not wear something in this style, even if available in my size (UK11 = USW14).

Im the same way. I can appreciate graceful, but not clumsy looking.

But why should my expressed dislike of something that simply doesn't suit me and which I consider ugly (and too expensive) discourage the manufacture of these or anything comparable? I don’t believe that the typical businessman throws his toys out of the pram whenever someone says ‘ugh – not for me’.

We can buy what we choose and people/companies will make what they make. People might not like the car I drive but they arent behind the wheel. I dont like the color my neighbor TRIED to paint his house but.. its his house ( a friggin eyesore! Makes my property look better though ;) ).

I *THINK* what might be bothering you is something I have teed-off on before when I asked ' Does every new shoe just HAVE to have a platform on it! '. For being such a ' creative ' market, things were VERY F-ing bland for quite a stint. I couldnt find a regular ( what they now call single-sole ) pair of heels. I went as far as telling the salespeople at the local NineWest outlet I wasnt spending a nickle on any frankenstein shoes so they have lost my business till they make something that actually looks decent and not like I needed a mattress tired to my back '. I was informed I wasnt the only one complaining.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Puffer, I don't object to your stating your opinion. You're absolutely entitled to do so. It was how you said it that I thought came across as impolite and uncalled for. If you had simply said "I don't care for that style" or "that style doesn't do anything for me," it would have been a lot less provocative than stating bluntly that it is ugly. Ugly is in the eye of the beholder, and to call a shoe ugly is more than just your opinion. It's an insult to someone else who happens to like it. So I'm saying next time, just be a little more considerate and gracious in stating your opinion. True, we can't read the body language that goes behind what people write here, but I found your blunt declaration offensive. Steve

Puffer, I don't object to your stating your opinion. You're absolutely entitled to do so. It was how you said it that I thought came across as impolite and uncalled for. If you had simply said "I don't care for that style" or "that style doesn't do anything for me," it would have been a lot less provocative than stating bluntly that it is ugly. Ugly is in the eye of the beholder, and to call a shoe ugly is more than just your opinion. It's an insult to someone else who happens to like it. So I'm saying next time, just be a little more considerate and gracious in stating your opinion. True, we can't read the body language that goes behind what people write here, but I found your blunt declaration offensive.

Steve

I understand your viewpoint, Steve, and I don't mind you picking up the cudgels, but weasel words do not really make a difference. I gave my considered opinion, i.e. that the boots are 'ugly' (and gave a reason) and I stand by that. My subjective opinion only. If merely expressing an opposite viewpoint is in itself 'impolite', then I accept that criticism - but I was not rude to or about LAL. And his response to me was scarcely friendly!

As you say, ugliness (or whatever other quality comes to mind) is in the eye of the beholder - each and every beholder has his own potential opinion. Contrary to your assertion, I do not (and cannot) pronounce the boots to be ugly in any totally objective and unchallengeable or definitive manner - I am not God. Nor does any watered-down comment (e.g. 'I don't care for that style') convey the same opinion, or even give any useful information, as it doesn't say why I dislike them. (As a parallel, it may be a polite convention to 'ask' someone to do something when you really 'require' them to do it, but the former statement may well fail to get the right result without further action.)

I doubt that we would be having these exchanges if I had said 'I like that style' [vague] or 'Those boots are beautiful' [more specific]. Both convey a subjective opinion - no more and no less - and it is still blunt even though positive.

Sensitivity and certainty often require a careful balancing act. I think you agree with that; let's leave it there.

Hi - has anyone purchased a pair of Louboutin boots? (real or fake - I'm dying for the look but probably don't have the money). I'm dying for a pair of Bianca Botta in size 42 - any experience or suggestions where to start? Thanks!

I understand your viewpoint, Steve, and I don't mind you picking up the cudgels, but weasel words do not really make a difference. I gave my considered opinion, i.e. that the boots are 'ugly' (and gave a reason) and I stand by that. My subjective opinion only. If merely expressing an opposite viewpoint is in itself 'impolite', then I accept that criticism - but I was not rude to or about LAL. And his response to me was scarcely friendly!

As you say, ugliness (or whatever other quality comes to mind) is in the eye of the beholder - each and every beholder has his own potential opinion. Contrary to your assertion, I do not (and cannot) pronounce the boots to be ugly in any totally objective and unchallengeable or definitive manner - I am not God. Nor does any watered-down comment (e.g. 'I don't care for that style') convey the same opinion, or even give any useful information, as it doesn't say why I dislike them. (As a parallel, it may be a polite convention to 'ask' someone to do something when you really 'require' them to do it, but the former statement may well fail to get the right result without further action.)

I doubt that we would be having these exchanges if I had said 'I like that style' [vague] or 'Those boots are beautiful' [more specific]. Both convey a subjective opinion - no more and no less - and it is still blunt even though positive.

Sensitivity and certainty often require a careful balancing act. I think you agree with that; let's leave it there.

My thing is, yes everyone has an opinion but if some one takes pride of in a purchase that they made and then you tell them that the shoe is ugly isn't that kind of like "raining on their parade". Cuz basically that post was to those that like platforms. In a way it kinda seems like you did post your comment Puffer to ruffle feathers. I have seen plenty times before when I had posted something or made a statement about something and it got skipped or ignored. For example, if someone was to post something about them taking pride in buying a pair of 2 inch heels. Now knowing that 2 inch heels in my opinion are not to my liking I'm not going to post my thoughts on their choice of shoes because then I would sound no different from the "normal" people saying that we look ridiculous in heels. This site is suppose to help bring people that are shy and uncertain up and to make them assertive in their fashion decisions and not shoot them down. I'm sure there are plenty of people that don't like my choice of shoes and thats fine but its one thing to have your own opinion but its also another to be considerate.

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

Be good, children!

You must have posted this while I was back reading the thread to find out what all the hubbub was about.

Thanks Bubba,

What he said.

LiveAndLearn,

I'll also put it bluntly, those boots would be much more flattering on a larger guy than you. I can see that you may be hiding a great pair of legs under those jeans. It's a lot of bulk on the end of what appears to be a rather trim leg. The model you showed us does have a very male appearance (almost exaggerated as if they are trying to balance some supposedly feminine feature like a platform with a distinctly male looking upper). It appears to have a toebox hump with seems to be done for the sole purpose of creating the illusion of more bulk. It does create a very unusual line down the front of the boot. In all honesty it looks like a men's outdoor work boot with a heel and platform.

I would personally try to find something that follows the line of you legs better. That's how you flatter them.

Sorry dude, but I am trying to impart some constructive criticism here. I know you love those boots and you have every right to. If a funky look is what you're going for, those are the boots.

And do I dare say it, they are hardly discrete. I don't think Campbell had that in mind. They will draw more attention than many of the more conservative high heel style boots for women. (if this is a concern)

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

To respond briefly on specifics: 1. The thread is about new boots in general, not just platforms, and extremes of any type invite comment, good or bad. But I take the point that personal style should be allowed for and I was not very generous in that respect. 2. I did apologise to LAL before suggesting that his boots were 'ugly' and it was not my intention to belittle his proud purchase or ruffle any feathers gratuitously. I can see that, by being brief and blunt, my comments might be seen as destructive whereas Shafted has now given a more detailed appraisal (with which I wholeheartedly agree) to like effect. 3. I accept entirely that mutual support and encouragement are key aims on this board. I would not be pleased if my latest purchase or outing was shot down - but I would recognise the reality of the criticism and the potential for my embarrassment or ridicule that it indicated - and maybe avoided. (My earlier post #1670 in the same thread, dealing with my own boots, brought no responses at all; I had expected some possibly critical comment and was certainly open to suggestion.)

Surprised at the reaction, these boots are very common place in the Uk and available in a lot of different styles for around £30. I know lots of young uns that wear them.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

$11 Find from Target:

Xhilaration Keava Hiking Boots (Heels?)

post-3445-0-35740000-1356656932_thumb.jppost-3445-0-67413700-1356656937_thumb.jppost-3445-0-17747400-1356656941_thumb.jp

Look for them in the store. Online for $29, in store from $10.87 to ~$14.99. Foot has a slightly odd forward pitch. The size 11's I purchased are little snug (see odd foot pitch). Has the longest pair of laces I've ever seen on boots (men's or women's).

A Man's Shoe Obsession: A blog of a man who loves high heels and women's shoes. http://amaninheels.tumblr.com/

Hiking boots and heels is a combination that I really expected to dislike, and while I'm not too keen on the styling of the front upper (maybe it's those metal lace hooks), I think they've really succeeded with the rest of styling of the shoe, that's a gorgeous shade of brown and I love the shape of the heel. If anything my personal preference would be for less garish laces (maybe cream coloured) and they'd make for a rugged look with mens jeans and a chunky light-brown rugby shirt. Having said that I admire your boldness wearing them with the pink laces and patterned tights, good on you for daring to try something different.

If you like it, wear it.