Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

I just bought a towering pair of white platform thigh boots. They really are a double hight platform but they are easier to walk in than a recent pair of very high heel red thigh boots that I bought. I don't know why manufacturers seem to think if someone buys thigh boots they must want heels that are 5, 6 or 7" high.

I just bought a towering pair of white platform thigh boots. They really are a double hight platform but they are easier to walk in than a recent pair of very high heel red thigh boots that I bought.

I don't know why manufacturers seem to think if someone buys thigh boots they must want heels that are 5, 6 or 7" high.

Your comments here are not very clear, at least without a proper description or picture of your new boots. How high are the heels? Obviously, a non-platform boot will have a steeper arch than a platform boot with the same heel height and will probably be easier to walk in. But why should platform thigh boots be more appealing (to wearers or manufacturers) than non-platform boots, as you imply?

Personally, I think that most platform thigh boots look ugly, particularly if the platform is thick. A non-platform boot with a 4" stiletto can look a lot more appealing than a boot with a 5" or 6" heel and a 1" platform.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm seriously considering buying these, but I'm just not ready to plunk down $120 yet...

http://www.zappos.co...88/color/374398

Interesting, but way too frilly for my taste. Now, I base ALL my footwear purchases on this simple question: Would I wear whatever I bought in public? Something like those I wouldn't buy unless all I wanted to do was prance around the house, and spending that sort of money to do nothing more than that would be wasteful.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I agree with JeffB on this one. Not for me. But hey, if you like them, Chingsta, that's all that really matters. Watch for them to go on sale and take a chance that they'll still have your size available. Or try searching for that model on other sites. Zappos is not always the cheapest. Steve

I read "frilly" and feared the worst but with a matching blue shirt and a tailored funky white trouser-suit they'd look pretty cool - I guess that'd work with a black suit too. The peeptoe is calling out for red painted nails. Having said that Ā£130 (Ā£80) is more than I'd be prepared to spend on a style I wouldn't wear regularly, especially for suedette rather than real suede.

If you like it, wear it.

Not designer brands, actually ' cheap ' is what these are. They were bought for me without my knowing. I kinda like the shorter ones grip. I've tried them on but havent walked around in them yet.

Shorter pair..

Posted Image

Taller pair..

Posted Image

The taller pair is actually able to reach a good 3-4inches above my knee.. more like a thigh boot. I actually wore them out for a stint to a local Taco shop this past evening. They go great with a shorter skirt.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Not designer brands, actually ' cheap ' is what these are. They were bought for me without my knowing.

So who bought you the nice looking boots? (There has got to be a story there.)

And where did the get them?

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

So who bought you the nice looking boots? (There has got to be a story there.)

As of next month, I will call her my wife ;)

And where did the get them?

I believe the name of the store was ' CW Price '. Neither pair was over 20$US.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I have to agree, the taller pair would look great with a short skirt, whereas I can picture the first pair with a long skirt (or skinny jeans of course). Both nice looking boots though - I love the suede texture and cross-over straps on the taller pair, definitely the sort of thing I'd choose if I ever took the plunge and try above-the-knee boots. Enjoy!

If you like it, wear it.

As of next month, I will call her my wife ;)

Congratulations! You lucky guy!

I like the tall over the knee boots the best!

As of next month, I will call her my wife

I hope she has as good taste in men as she does in footwear. :penitent:

Congratulation and best wishes.

I did find a CW Price web site (http://www.cw-price.com/) but all it has is store locations, but alas, the closest to me if at least a 5 hour drive so I doubt if Iā€™ll be shopping there.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Sometime in the summer I ordered a pair of cowboy boots from Miguel Jones in Mexico. I thought I was specific in my order, but they came through with a rather ordinary heel. I sent them back along with a photoshopped picture of the heel I wanted. post-16273-0-26101900-1350175398_thumb.j I finally got them back again this week. This is the how they look. I've been wearing them a lot to get them broken in. post-16273-0-39565900-1350175506_thumb.j The heel still isn't quite the 3 inches I wanted, but I'm going to wear them awhile until the wife and everyone is familiar with them, then have a local cobbler add an inch or so the the bottom of the heel, along with a metal tap. The other pair of boots I've been wearing a lot are these Madden Girl slip-on boots from DSW.post-16273-0-37821200-1350175708_thumb.j I've worn these like work boots for over a year in all kinds of conditions from jobsites, to blowing snow to pressure washing to cutting down and hauling off a tree. Love doing it all in heels

Sometime in the summer I ordered a pair of cowboy boots from Miguel Jones in Mexico. I thought I was specific in my order, but they came through with a rather ordinary heel. I sent them back along with a photoshopped picture of the heel I wanted.

I finally got them back again this week. This is the how they look. I've been wearing them a lot to get them broken in.

The heel still isn't quite the 3 inches I wanted, but I'm going to wear them awhile until the wife and everyone is familiar with them, then have a local cobbler add an inch or so the the bottom of the heel, along with a metal tap. ...

This is a somewhat disappointing report on your MJ bespoke boot order, in that your instructions were not followed. How did you originally specify the heel shape and height (e.g. description, picture or what) ? Do the boots run true to size and fit comfortably?

Although the balance of the boot does not look quite right to me, I am rather doubtful that you could add a full extra inch to the heel without spoiling the look or straining the shank etc. Please let us see the result.

Puffer, I originally ordered the boots to have a heel like his #2004 boot pictured here style #2004 woman boots side zipper I said that the heel should be 2.5 to 3 inches. The first was under 2, this one is 2.5. I probably won't add a full inch, but at least a half. I want the heel print on the floor to be about an inch square. Fit is great as it should be when custom measured.

Puffer,

I originally ordered the boots to have a heel like his #2004 boot pictured here

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

I said that the heel should be 2.5 to 3 inches. The first was under 2, this one is 2.5. I probably won't add a full inch, but at least a half. I want the heel print on the floor to be about an inch square.

Fit is great as it should be when custom measured.

cool boots great choice

Just wanted to share my favorite pair of boots. I got them a few months ago but haven't been able to get a photo to post until recently. I don't know the style but they are size 11 Guess leather boots with a 5 inch heel and a 3/4 inch platform that come up to my mid calf. They zip up and they are my favorite boot or shoe I own.

http://hhplace.org/gallery/image/1885-/

http://hhplace.org/gallery/image/1883-guess-boots-2/

http://hhplace.org/gallery/image/1882-guess-boots-1/

I bought my first pair of heels, Pleaser Electra boots, just a couple of weeks ago. I went with a chunky heel because I thought it might be a little easier to get the hang of, plus I'm 6'3" and probably need something a little sturdy. I like them a lot.

post-19177-0-51894200-1350820726_thumb.j

post-19177-0-51512300-1350820729_thumb.j

I bought my first pair of heels, Pleaser Electra boots, just a couple of weeks ago. I went with a chunky heel because I thought it might be a little easier to get the hang of, plus I'm 6'3" and probably need something a little sturdy. I like them a lot.

they look great on you good choice