Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

Very nice! Please write a review in a couple of days after you've had a chance to wear them and break them in. Then post here that you've done so with the link. Be sure to mention that you're a guy. The company needs to know who's buying their shoes so they continue to stock larger sizes. Steve

They are just my perfect type of street heels, I'm looking forward to boots coming back into our shops in t coming weeks as winter fashion hits the stores.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I'd love them if the heel was just a little tapered and less blocky, but they're still very attractive boots. I'm thinking knee-length A-line skirt (with maybe just a flash of fishnet) and a turtleneck sweater for the autumn/winter, but more importantly what do you wear with them?

I agree Foxyheels, roll on wintertime, I can't do the skimpy summer look.

If you like it, wear it.

Ok, so the neiman Marcus outlet knocked a bit more off the price.. Got the Rick Owens boots for probably 86% off. This makes the original Bergdorf Goodman price tag of $1595 a bit easier to swallow.

These are high. 6 inch actual heel, with about an inch of platform. They will take some practice to wear quite a bit out in public, but are comfortable on the feet, even if my lower legs let me know they are not very happy with me yet.

Posted Image

Ok, so the neiman Marcus outlet knocked a bit more off the price.. Got the Rick Owens boots for probably 86% off. This makes the original Bergdorf Goodman price tag of $1595 a bit easier to swallow.

These are high. 6 inch actual heel, with about an inch of platform. They will take some practice to wear quite a bit out in public, but are comfortable on the feet, even if my lower legs let me know they are not very happy with me yet.

Posted Image

I love those!

Edited by Alix

Posted Image

Rockup...I tried on a pair of these in black leather today at Barney's. A truly amazing boots. If only I could afford them.

A Bit Overdue. I bought these at the Nine West Outlet back in June along with a pair of patent flats. Pull-On style (a bit tough to get off, though), for $24.99 Clearance. Not sure I'll keep them. I haven't been overwhelmed with boots of late.

post-3445-0-73488100-1345433622_thumb.jp

post-3445-0-31277400-1345433625_thumb.jp

A Man's Shoe Obsession: A blog of a man who loves high heels and women's shoes. http://amaninheels.tumblr.com/

I'd love them if the heel was just a little tapered and less blocky, but they're still very attractive boots. I'm thinking knee-length A-line skirt (with maybe just a flash of fishnet) and a turtleneck sweater for the autumn/winter, but more importantly what do you wear with them?

I agree Foxyheels, roll on wintertime, I can't do the skimpy summer look.

I usually just wear them with jeans. I dress pretty traditionally (jeans, tshirt)

I posted a review on DSW, and mentioned I'm a guy. They posted it last night :)

Booted: Ahh, would love to try the mens model, I've got the womens and it feels like about a 5.5" heel. They are very comfortable for that height, but I can feel it in my legs very quickly when out walking around. Motivation for me to practice more. Syphon9: Great review, if we want to be seen as normal customers we have to act like normal customers, work with sales people, write reviews, etc :)

(formerly known as "JimC")

Thanks for the compliment Steve :) It was about 3 hours stay in the mall, I don't know how many hundreds of people saw me (how many really noticed stays unknown because I got zero comments or double looks atleast as far as I can tell) in my new boots but damn it felt good... :D

I bought new ankle boots at mall today :) real leather, heel height is 3". Brand is Dinsko... again. Left the shoe shop with new boots on and continued shopping.

I'm not suprised you didn't get any reactions. That is a very "neutral" boot. if there is such a thing.

Yesterday I bought Steve Madden P-Manor in brown leather (actually brown and black pattern) at DSW. They are an 11 and fit perfect. I've worn them out twice now, shaft is exactly 19" high, perfectly just below the knee. The display one was a size 6 and looks tiny next to the pair I bought. Seems this style is height adjusted for shoe size, which makes sense. Last weekend I bought my second pair of Frye OTK Campus boots, in a dark brown with slight reddish tint. Found a belt that goes perfectly with them. I already had the grey ones. Both are 21" high in front. They both came from Nordstrom Rack, two different stores. Looks like those Frye's they had all sold out, lucky to get them at near 1/2 price. The small closet here is getting pretty full of boots!

post-16522-0-24145000-1346070114_thumb.jI bought these at payless really liked the look. but I dont know how they will wear after about 40 miles of driving the heel already was showing wear

I've experienced that with Payless footwear in the past. They look good but aren't long-lasting.

Out of the two styles I prefer the wedges. I also prefer the look with the trouser-legs down over the boots, but I'm guessing you only pulled them up and tucked them in to show the whole boot in the photos. Did you get any reactions? I can imagine that only the fashion/shoe enthusiasts would even notice, but still a great feeling for you walking around the city. Enjoy.

If you like it, wear it.

Sleekheels, Thank you for your kind comments ! My plan worked : on tuesday, I made the photos at lunch time, and had a look at them in the afternoon to decide that the wedges looked better. Then I went to my weekly shopping at the local supermarket with the wedges on. The look seemed a bit odd with the wedges partially hidden. So I decided to roll the trousers to better reveal the shoes. This way, it avoided questions, and rolled legs are widely accepted. I didn't tuck the trousers in the boots, it was not working with these regular fit pants. I rather shuffled them on top of the boots. I didn't like neither the look with the trousers-leg down over the boots, again because of the regular fit. I'll shoot more photos for a double check.

I bought a pair of jessica simpson torta boots. They are knee high with 4" chunky heels. Love them! But they are a bit too loud, probably get softer heel tips put on.

Saw some boots I liked on line and checked they had them in stock in a store near me in my size http://deichmann.scene7.com/is/image/deichmann/t_p_detail_zoom?$im=1111113_P&$sh=1111113_P&defaultImage=default_dsdj So off I Went this morning to the store and to my dismay they didn't have my size, a very standard UK 8 that I am. However recently I have noticed red generally that a women's size 8 fits me a whole lot better than years gone by with some even verging on too big. So they had a size 7 and I saw no harm in giving them a try. They fit perfectly and are nice and snug without being too tight. It clearly emphasises the advice given on here to try them on, the shop was quite busy as you would imagine in a city centre shopping centre but nobody took any notice what so ever. I have a lovely new pair of ankle boots and they are slightly higher and slimmer heels than I would street heel in but I might see if they are suitable and look right with what I wear and my body type.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Mr.X and Gudulitoo, thanks for your comments. I've been wearing those new boots couple of times and althou they feel and look good, they need heeltip replacement. Bit noisy, that I can tolerate, but they are really slippery! I almost broke my ankle already once when I forgot to concentrate on footsteps on tiled floor at grocery.

Edited by Jinx

I bought a few days ago a pair of ankle boot from Enzo Angiolini. It is a size 11M, they are made of real leather and are looking great! Following the advice that to start to wear heels out, I had to choose first some discreet heels, I took this pair. I walked a few days ago with them in a mall with a boot cut jean hiding them a lot, felt really good like that, now i put them with a normal trouser. It looks great and I feel good with them, went to the supermarket last day with them on, it felt really great!

post-13927-0-63118800-1346968977_thumb.j

post-13927-0-46527400-1346969033_thumb.j

post-13927-0-16621300-1346969055_thumb.j

post-13927-0-46527300-1346969065_thumb.j

post-13927-0-22106600-1346969079_thumb.j

I like your choice of the black ankle style boots, I have a simular pair and are very comfy. Do not think you would have any problems wearing them out and about, go forth and enjoy.

life is not a rehearsal

I got these Monday and have already worn them to work under some dress pants:

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/nine+west+magic+boot?prodId=246726&productRef=SEARCH

I don't think I will wear them "outside" the pants as I don't like the result, at least on me. Wore them all day with no pain, walking up and down stairs about a dozen times.