Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

I wound up with the born jacklyn bootie.

I went shopping in my new boots with Mrs. SomeGuy and one of her friends today. I was worried about all that walking in heels much higher than I was used to. It turned out to be not a problem. They were quite comfortable.

In my mind this is due to getting a good fit because I was able to try them on before deciding.

These arrived a couple of weeks ago but this is the first chance IĀ“ve had to load up some pictures.

They are from Buffalo. Overknees with a zip all the way up the back. Very comfortable too, with about a 10cm heel.

These are very nice looking boots: Well done !

Why do we (guys) like stiletto boots so much ?

Our men's boots are so boring and ugly compared to them isnt-it ?

For me , they are like a work of art. I guess this is why I like them :)

I picked these bad-boys up today at Aldo. I wore them right out of the store and for the rest of my day's shopping. Very comfortable, good grip, and I love the look. It's the first heels I have that are not stiletto...it actually felt a bit awkward at first, but I got used to it after a few minutes of walking.

dblair ...

Those are very nice boots and congratulations on your find. I know what you mean about being used to wearing stiletto heels. It is a different pace and stride in shoes or boots with high, but not stiletto heels.

I have had these boots for a while but have been limited on how much I can dress up. With my girlfriend out for the day I was able to have some time to try some things on. I the rest of my day can be seen here: http://www.hhplace.org/guys/18533-free_time_photo_shoot.html

I did gathered enough courage to wear the following to get some food at Burger King. I went through the drive-thru, but the walk to and from my car to my apartment isn't exactly short :)

post-17647-133522930794_thumb.jpg

post-17647-133522930801_thumb.jpg

dblair ...

Those are very nice boots and congratulations on your find. I know what you mean about being used to wearing stiletto heels. It is a different pace and stride in shoes or boots with high, but not stiletto heels.

Thanks roniheels. It was actually the black ones that I bought, but I just realized that the link I posted is for the brown ones. Anyway, I went out to the park today and took some pictures and posted them in the gallery :)

I went shopping in my new boots with Mrs. SomeGuy and one of her friends today. I was worried about all that walking in heels much higher than I was used to. It turned out to be not a problem. They were quite comfortable.

In my mind this is due to getting a good fit because I was able to try them on before deciding.

They're a great looking pair of boots. Except for maybe the heel height, nothing that's too feminine with them. What's the actual heel height for your pair? Is it a soft (quiet) heel, or a hard one.

When you went out in them, how much of the heel was exposed? Does your wife's friend know you wear heels? Any comments from her?

I think that 3" height (plus or minus about 1/2" inch) is a great height. It gives you a good "wearing heels" feeling, without having to worry too much that you can't handle a really high height in public.

If you didn't already, you should join DSW's frequent buyer program. It gives you some decent savings if you think you (or your wife) might be buying shoes there again. It might be the best shoe store for one that has all it's shoes out in the open (not requiring you to ask a sales agent to pull every pair for you).

I picked these bad-boys up today at Aldo. I wore them right out of the store and for the rest of my day's shopping. Very comfortable, good grip, and I love the look. It's the first heels I have that are not stiletto...it actually felt a bit awkward at first, but I got used to it after a few minutes of walking.

They look nice (I like the black better). I'd say they have stilletto heels. Are you meaning you usually wear pumps vs boots?

What's the actual height of your pair (website says 1.5" - 2.5", that seems a bit low).

They look nice (I like the black better). I'd say they have stilletto heels. Are you meaning you usually wear pumps vs boots?

What's the actual height of your pair (website says 1.5" - 2.5", that seems a bit low).

Thanks jwite44.:) I do always wear boots...but to me at least, a stiletto heel is very thin (especially at the bottom) whereas these are somewhat chunky, even though they do taper a fair bit. I would say that the heel is about twice as thick as what I would normally consider to be a stiletto heel. As for the heel height, it is actually a full 5" inches, I don't know why it says 1.5 - 2.5 on the web site. The slope of the arch is probably closer to what you would get in a 4.5 to 4.75" heel, due to the thickness of the winter sole.

I've always hated Aldo for not having actual heel heights (especially in their '2.5" or larger' listings), but I never thought they'd be that far off a measurement. Did you initially see them in a store or online? I see your point where they are stilletto-like (though the proportions would look lousy if they were typical stilletto thinness).

I have a similar pair http://www.thisnext.com/show/item-images/3A814E3E/1367B9EC/

These have a 4 1/4" heel, a 1/2" platform, and heel measurements at the ground of 5/8" x 1/2" (by comparison, stilletto pumps are about 3/8" x 3/8").

Yup, agreed! I initially saw them online (and liked the brown better at that time). When I went to the store to buy them though, I changed my mind and went with the black. Your's look like very-much the same type of heel.

Hi Laceups, I love those boots!

I like that particular style very much!

Thanks for the pictures!

These arrived a couple of weeks ago but this is the first chance IĀ“ve had to load up some pictures.

They are from Buffalo. Overknees with a zip all the way up the back. Very comfortable too, with about a 10cm heel.

First posting in the "...bought BOOTS" thread, but definitely not the last! From being more into shoes, boots are definitely higher on the agenda now, after buying these nice (faux leather) boots on eBay (more photos probably coming up, here or in my Gallery :)) /A.

post-27132-133522930972_thumb.jpg

These are very nice looking boots: Well done !

Why do we (guys) like stiletto boots so much ?

Our men's boots are so boring and ugly compared to them isnt-it ?

For me , they are like a work of art. I guess this is why I like them :)

Thanks. IĀ“m glad you and others like the boots.

Yes, I agree about the "work of art" idea - thatĀ“s why I find menĀ“s shoes so boring, and what I look for mostly in heels. Stiletto heels are often so elegant, although they have to fit with the rest of the boot.

I think Buffalo do some nice looking boots with a classical shape. Check them out at www.buffalo-shop.de. (No connection with them - just like to shop there!).

I have some knee boots in a similar style - IĀ“ll post a pic when I get the chance.

I have had these boots for a while but have been limited on how much I can dress up. With my girlfriend out for the day I was able to have some time to try some things on. I the rest of my day can be seen here: http://www.hhplace.org/guys/18533-free_time_photo_shoot.html

I did gathered enough courage to wear the following to get some food at Burger King. I went through the drive-thru, but the walk to and from my car to my apartment isn't exactly short :)

bostonjensen,

Great pictures I also have the same GOGO boots and I have also gone to party's wearing my skirt or UK kilt with pantyhose and the GOGO boots like yours so your not alone my friend, look up Equality in Fashions on Facebook

post-5557-133522930977_thumb.jpg

post-5557-133522930999_thumb.jpg

post-5557-133522931009_thumb.jpg

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

bostonjensen,

Great pictures I also have the same GOGO boots and I have also gone to party's wearing my skirt or UK kilt with pantyhose and the GOGO boots like yours so your not alone my friend, look up Equality in Fashions on Facebook

I love the boots that you got on, also the others.

First posting in the "...bought BOOTS" thread, but definitely not the last! From being more into shoes, boots are definitely higher on the agenda now, after buying these nice (faux leather) boots on eBay (more photos probably coming up, here or in my Gallery :))

/A.

Love the boots, I bit too pointy for me.

I've always hated Aldo for not having actual heel heights (especially in their '2.5" or larger' listings), but I never thought they'd be that far off a measurement. Did you initially see them in a store or online? I see your point where they are stilletto-like (though the proportions would look lousy if they were typical stilletto thinness).

I have a similar pair http://www.thisnext.com/show/item-images/3A814E3E/1367B9EC/

These have a 4 1/4" heel, a 1/2" platform, and heel measurements at the ground of 5/8" x 1/2" (by comparison, stilletto pumps are about 3/8" x 3/8").

Love the boots, nice heel.

Good looking in deed - reminds me of the "J-Lo-boots" Timberland-ish with stiletto heel, that were popular a few years ago. Even though these look better, at least for winter purposes. (Just waiting for Aldo to establish shops in Sweden too, since they don't deliver outside the US/Canada/UK :(but I guess some will be on eBay :))

post-27132-133522931009_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure I'd classify them as "go anywhere". While definitely a men's shoe, I think with the white python design, they might be just as likely to attract attention as a women's black boot with a 3" heel. Of course, if you don't mind the attention, it's not a problem.

I have some data. I wore them to work twice now. I've caught just about every guy I work with looking at the boots before looking at my face. (now I know how women with a generous bust must feel! chuckle) In every case where I noticed this, I said "like the new boots?". The overwhelming answer was "yes!", followed by "where did you get them?", "they must have costed a bundle?", etc. All favorable responses without a single negative one. While walking in the city today to meet everyone in my department for the annual department Christmas lunch outing I spotted several people noticing the boots and not a single smirk amongst any of them. From this, I conclude that they ARE attention getting for sure like you predicted, but they don't seem to garner any negative attention. All is right with the world. LOL

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Found a pair of Cole Haan western inspired wedge boots at a Nordstrom rack, 65% off the clearance price, so $34 with tax. Very comfie. This pic stinks, will get more later.

post-488-133522931287_thumb.jpg

(formerly known as "JimC")

Good looking in deed - reminds me of the "J-Lo-boots" Timberland-ish with stiletto heel, that were popular a few years ago. Even though these look better, at least for winter purposes...

I totally agree with you. They are very nice !

I bought a similar pair from Aldo a long time ago (At least 5 or 6 years)

See picture below.

post-14338-133522931301_thumb.jpg

I totally agree with you. They are very nice !

I bought a similar pair from Aldo a long time ago (At least 5 or 6 years)

See picture below.

I just bought the similar timberland boots but with the block rubber heel. Out all day shopping in them . very comfy 3 inch heel.

Here are some that I've bought recently. The round toe are from JCP, Canyon Blue. Leather, 4" heel, lots of padding inside, good walking. The ones with the buckle, are Sketchers from Victoria's Secret, as are the leggings. Victoria's still has them on sale. They have about 3/4" platform side zip, comfortable 4" heel. The pointed toe ones are Laure from Ellie, 5" heel, stretch material and again comfortable.

post-6402-133522931348_thumb.jpg

post-6402-133522931352_thumb.jpg

post-6402-133522931355_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Here are some that I've bought recently. The round toe are from JCP, Canyon Blue. Leather, 4" heel, lots of padding inside, good walking. The ones with the buckle, are Sketchers from Victoria's Secret, as are the leggings. Victoria's still has them on sale. They have about 3/4" platform side zip, comfortable 4" heel. The pointed toe ones are Laure from Ellie, 5" heel, stretch material and again comfortable.

Not a huge fan of the first pair. But the other two are great!

Nice boots. It's nice to have options on what to wear.