Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

Greeetings HappyinHeels :-)

Note that you were not able to directly download the picture because it is part of a Flash Player file.

The only boot I see ( on Macy's website page 18 ) with velvet finish and high heel is the one below.

So I am assuming it is this one you are referring to except in leather. (Please correct me if I am wrong...)

If so, it is a very nice pair and it looks very comfortable. Well done !

post-14338-133522926429_thumb.jpg

Fall is Boot Time for me.

Not that I really needed another pair, but these were my size 12. And the heel was only 3". I figured I could go much longer in them then my usual 4".

Soft is the Brand. They are pull on. Leather foot, suede upper, and lined for warmth.

I wore these this past Saturday for a walking visit to Valley Forge National Park in Pennsylvania. And we did do quite a bit of walking. Then it was off to JeffB's neighborhood, for dinner in Upper Darby. After dinner we saw Lady Antebellum in concert at the Tower Theater.

By the time we got home to Southern New Jersey, I had over 12 hours in these boots.

post-1115-133522926445_thumb.jpg

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Did you invite JeffB to go to dinner with you?:wave:

You know... That is a good idea.

Hey JeffB, are you up for dinner or drinks some afternoon / evening?

We may even get Stev55 to join us too.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Here is my latest purchase: Model name is "Genie" by Rosegold. These are the highest heel I own with 4Ā½" net height. (The heel is 5" high measured at the back with a Ā½" platform) I am amazed how comfortable they are to walk in. Love them :wave:

post-14338-133522926671_thumb.jpg

Here is my latest purchase: Model name is "Genie" by Rosegold.

These are the highest heel I own with 4Ā½" net height.

(The heel is 5" high measured at the back with a Ā½" platform)

I am amazed how comfortable they are to walk in. Love them :wave:

Here's a link to them that has more pictures of them (also in taupe (tan), which makes it a easier to see it's features). There, it states 4 1/4" heel, 3/4" platform, so only a 3 1/2" net. Good that the actual values work more in your favor.

http://www.endless.com/Rosegold-GENIE-Womens-Genie-Bootie/dp/B003JQLKGA

...There, it states 4 1/4" heel, 3/4" platform, so only a 3 1/2" net.

Good that the actual values work more in your favor.

Looks like the website published heel height is for a smaller size boot.

In my size (11), the heel is 5" high measured at the back. See picture below.

post-14338-133522927028_thumb.jpg

Sort of a pre-announcement post, in case anyone else is looking into these, and wants to wait for a user review. I ordered these from Naturalizer. Looks pretty unisex (what I wanted). Website lists heel height at 2 3/4", but I'm hoping in a 12W (largest size it's available in), it might scale up to a more desireable 3 1/2".

http://www.naturalizer.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=EC0224309&pg=3007540

Below is the link for the original thread I started this in:

http://www.hhplace.org/guys/17903-product_reviews-2.html

I finally received them, and got a chance to wear them for a little while. I didn't have the patience to wait until I home to try them on, so I pulled over in the parking lot of a local mall. When I took them out of the box, they looked small. I knew they were smaller than what I usually wear (these were a 12W; all my other shoes are 13 or 13W), but I had fears they were too small. Trying them on didn't make things better, because I couldn't even get my bare boot all the way into them. I didn't go home feeling good about them.

Later on, I tried them on again, and had better luck. Two things helped:

- I put on a pair of thin men's dress socks, which I think sort of helped my foot slide into the boot

- I got into a better position (than in my car) to push my foot into the boot

While they are tight (particularly across the top of the shoe), they are definitely wearable. That's a good thing, because other than being being small, I think they're a phenominal pair of boots. Some highlights:

- the heel is dead quiet. I think they are stacked rubber; they definitely aren't the hollow plastc I have on some of my other chunky-heel boots

- the sole is a grooved rubber / rubber-like matierial, which is both quiet and non-slip.

- the black leather has sort of a matte finish (much better than my other 'heeling' ankle boots, which unfortunately are brown patent).

- the boot has a small footprint. I'm sure being sz 12 vs 13 helps. Looking discretion, the last thing I need is some huge HH shoe on my foot.

I've attached a few actual photos to complement what the Naturalizer site has:

- giddy 10 shows the overall length, and outside view, of the boot

- giddy 11 show a closeup of the heel

- giddy 15 & 17 are attempts to show the rear of the heel. 15 is a bit too bright (due to the flash). 17 a bit too dark (no flash).

The height at the center rear of the heel, below the sole, is a little under 3 1/4" inches; with the about 1/4" sole, it's a shade under 3 1/2". While that obviously won't win any "highest heel" contests, I think it's a great "won't attract a lot of attention" height. It's a nice step up from my current heeling boots (2 7/8" high). Plus, it better acclimates my foot to the 4 3/4" Jessica Bennett Jury boots I wear when I'm feeling a little less reserved :wave:.

So for me, they are definite keepers. Anyone else looking for a basically discrete, but still with some height ankle boots, I'd certainly recommend looking into them. This is especially true if you need size 12 or 13 shoes, since I haven't seen much else like this above a sz 10, maybe 11.

Today, I didn't have a particularly good day. One thing enlightened it a bit though: a new pair of boots!

I've seen (and tried on) these a few weeks ago. As they didn't have any panty socks but just a pair of a bit thicker ones, they were quite tight. I thought they're utterly gorgeous though! That's why I had to go back today and try them on with a pair of thin panty socks.

They had only one last pair of those boots left, and fortunately, they were my size! The woman working there (she was also there the first time I saw them) said jokingly that apparently they were meant to be mine. She was very cool and helpful about it, by the way :wave:

Now they were better. Still a bit on the tight side, but I guess they'll stretch a little.

Having said that, they are very easy to walk in and give loads of ankle support! And have I already told you that they just look awesome? :(

Well, here they are!

Posted Image

Awesome eye catching, too, Diablo :wave: You should really get quite a few favorable comments about them. What are you planning to wear with them? And, where will you wear them?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

If I would go out wearing heels, it would be just in my normal clothing. I don't think other things, like skirts etc., would suit me well. Also, I haven't planned any outing. Any outing I have had as of yet was more or less spontaneously with my gf :wave: If I feel like going out (and have enough guts to do so at that moment), I guess I'll just go :(

...I put on a pair of thin men's dress socks, which I think sort of helped my foot slide into the boot

Nice boots !

What about wearing them with nylons / trouser's sock ? (Much thinner)

The fit would be much better than men's dress socks !

Today, I didn't have a particularly good day.

One thing enlightened it a bit though: a new pair of boots!

Those are very nice indeed.

What about wearing them while going out with your girlfriend ?

No one would bat an eye if both of you are wearing heels...

I just bought a new pair of boots today, i normally will receive them within 4 days.

They're some cowboys boots style...what do you think about?

These boots are very nice Peter :-)

Such nice boots are made to be seen.

Hoping you will wear them fully exposed in public !

Recently bought a pair of these for cheap. The first pair of heels that really got me addicted to wearing them. Shame they aren't that well made. But what would you expect for 25 euro's Have a feeling there will be quite a few more pairs from now.

post-27105-133522927536_thumb.jpg

Nice boots. I like the style !

They must be very comfortable to wear with the hidden platform.

I noticed they are in the website "women's section" available up to size 43.

It is the first time I see very nice looking boots available up that size

(We normally see cheap looking boots for "clubwear" / You know what I mean...)

This is a good way for them to says thay are also available for men.

Hoping more and more websites will sell good looking boots in larger sizes...

Happy heeling !

....I noticed they are in the website "women's section" available up to size 43.

It is the first time I see very nice looking boots available up that size....!

Almost all styles from Next are available up to EU43. My (limited) experience suggests that the sizing is generous. I normally take UK9/EU43. I have a pair of EU43 ankle boots from Next and I need to use insoles. I tried on a pair of these in a store recently size EU42 and they seemed to be the right size. http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/women/shoesandboots/23/6?extra=sch&n=women&pid=725-845&returnurl=%2fshop%2fattdesignfeature-clog-gattgender-women-cat-boots-cat-wellies-0%3fx%3d1%26nxti%3d0%26nxtv%3d0%23725-845&bct=%26quot%3bShop%20By%20Product%26quot%3b%26nbsp%3b%26gt%3b%26nbsp%3bClog%26nbsp%3b%26gt%3b%26nbsp%3bWomen%26nbsp%3b%26gt%3b%26nbsp%3bBoots%26nbsp%3b%26gt%3b%26nbsp%3bWellies

...My (limited) experience suggests that the sizing is generous...

Hi,

this matches my experience. I recently bought these http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/women/shoesandboots/30

Usually I take a EU 42 and was completely surprised that the ordered size 42 are almost too large - this really doesn't happen often. The boots are great and really worth their price.

They definately won't be my last buy at Next.