miltboot

Who has bought some new BOOTS?

49 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

Good for you, @Shyheels !! Your first? Did you wear them over your skinny jeans?

On 03/02/2018 at 6:48 AM, Cali said:

No, not the first time I wore my otk boots out. Just a comment made apropos of a post. And yes, I wear them over my skinny jeans. I can’t imagine even trying to tuck them under my jeans. That would be such a faff I’d never bother wearing them

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I can’t imagine even trying to tuck them under my jeans. That would be such a faff I’d never bother wearing them

Totally agree :)

I don’t actually know if anyone noticed my boots. It never really occurs to me to look around and notice. I wear them a lot and so it doesn’t seem odd to me. As I say they are low-heeled, biker style in heavy grey suede. Nothing extraordinary but beautifully made and comfortable to wear and they blend in well with my jeans.  Other than their height, which is unusual for men to wear, they are quite normal.

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I don’t actually know if anyone noticed my boots. It never really occurs to me to look around and notice. I wear them a lot and so it doesn’t seem odd to me. As I say they are low-heeled, biker style in heavy grey suede. Nothing extraordinary but beautifully made and comfortable to wear and they blend in well with my jeans.  Other than their height, which is unusual for men to wear, they are quite normal.

I've been of the opinion that people ALWAYS notice when guys like us wear heels, the issue is how people react to what they see, and, more often than not, they choose not to react. We enter the orbit of passersby for just an instant, then we're quickly forgotten as people go about their lives and affairs. Short and sweet: nothing to worry about. Nice look, by the way.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

The one's I want to wear to work are Nine West brown suede with a 4 inch heel.  Certain that if I wore these on the outside somebody might notice.

Are these them, or just a sample? Really nice!!

Jeremy YES. its them, but just a sample. Trying to keep Tech happy with a tiny picture (11kb).

They are Nine West Samreno. I had to go up to a size 11 since they have pointed toes. I think one of my first pointed toe heels.

Hope you get to wear your OTK (or knee high) boots to work soon. Choose a quieter day and test the waters.... 

I have no "quieter day" in my profession.

So I just took some more pictures in them

9WestHH.JPG

• Like 4

Found these yesterday on a final sale. They are the match to my knee high boots without side zipper accents. These are the OTK version. Just a cheap china version but for $15. Who is going to complain.

20180204_171019-489x943.jpg

20180204_171044-415x798.jpg

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Cali said:

Jeremy YES. its them, but just a sample. Trying to keep Tech happy with a tiny picture (11kb).

They are Nine West Samreno. I had to go up to a size 11 since they have pointed toes. I think one of my first pointed toe heels.

I have no "quieter day" in my profession.

So I just took some more pictures in them

9WestHH.JPG

These are really nice, Cali. Very sharp and quite formal looking even.

Hope you get to show them off one day!

14 hours ago, bnchmrk said:

20180204_171044-415x798.jpg

Good looking boots, @bnchmrk. The "fake" zip on the outside is a nice design element. (i assume its fake, seen as there is one on the inside)

So I discovered the app/website called PoshMark a while back, and had found some boots and shoes I liked, but hadn't really pulled the trigger.

But I finally had sold my Hunter rain boots on there(I decided I wanted a matte pair instead of gloss, but I'm not worried about getting them yet), and decided to get some boots!

The first pair is Sorel Conquest Carly. They are a size 10, true to size, and super comfortable to wear over or under jeans! They're meant for snow, and although we don't really have any here, I figure it's best to be prepared!

The next pair I purchased were some amazingly cute ankle boots from Aldo! I would be lying if I said I wasn't thrilled to get these and wear them out! However, as I learned after receiving them, PoshMark seems to size things weird. They were listed as a 10 because according to the app/site, a 40 UK is a 10 US. Well, they don't fit... more like a 9-9.5? I can get them on, but my feet hurt and I don't think any kind of stretching will help. So I am going to sell them on here and see if there are any takers. I was super disappointed...

Last, but not least, I was browsing eBay, looking through a seller's items who I happen to know personally. She buys returned inventory, etc. from places like DSW, etc. and then sells them on eBay. I had been wanting some Sorel Joan of Arctic wedges, and she finally got a pair in my size! I purchased them last night and will hopefully have them this week!

Sode note: between these purchases and the shoes I will have posted about in The Who Has Bought New Shoes thread, my wife told me I've hit my limit, lol! So no more purchases for a good while. But, happy wife, happy life!

IMG_5600.PNG

IMG_5599.JPG

IMG_5598.JPG

IMG_5597.JPG

IMG_5596.JPG

IMG_5601.PNG

So the order is out of wack in the post above!

pictures are ordered this way:

Sorel Joan of Arctic

Aldo

Aldo

Sorel Conquest Carly

Sorel Conquest Carly

Sorel Joan of Arctic

• Like 3

I have used Sorel boots when I was working in Antarctica. They are pretty well made. 

2 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

IMG_5599.JPG

Really like these Aldo's of yours! Such a pity they are small!

• Like 1

Calvin Klein Laneige

If it laces up and comes in smooth or patent leather, I must make it mine!!

IMG_20160318_123551.jpg

Edited by heelaphile
  • Like 9

large.569b058bcf7e4_FullSizeRender(20).jpg.2988ba82fc4b76cf82279546e55e2faf.jpg

1 hour ago, heelaphile said:

Calvin Klein Laneige

IMG_20160318_123551.jpg

Looking better in these then mine. So tight fitting for me had to return them.

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jeremy1986 said:

Really like these Aldo's of yours! Such a pity they are small!

I know, right?! I'm super bummed this pair doesn't fit well enough. I'm pretty sure my wife saw me pout when I tried them on, lol

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, MackyHeels said:

large.569b058bcf7e4_FullSizeRender(20).jpg.2988ba82fc4b76cf82279546e55e2faf.jpg

Looking better in these then mine. So tight fitting for me had to return them.

Too bad! They looked good on you. They're a little bit of a squeeze for me too but I like em tight :-)

• Thanks 1

If anywone is looking for a fab new pair of boots - check out these lovely high heel wedge boots on sale from Public Desire

https://www.publicdesire.com/katia-long-boots-in-black-faux-suede

Size 8 UK is in stock - on sale for only 10 pounds!

I have the exact same pair, and love them to bits. So comfy and they look great too.

The heel is more of 3.5" - not sure how they go to what they wrote.

Attaching some images from the site and of my own. I love that the wedge is less of that usual chunky look and comes down to a more slender heel. 

Enjoy! 

large.20171121_100432.jpg.2ca04acd417f0231abf37fa9da45bbe4.jpglarge.20171121_100258.jpg.4e35a6a1760b75f2772135d04de3b70c.jpglarge.20171121_100206.jpg.224d68cbd81ce44881c833e17d0b2277.jpglarge.20171121_100403.jpg.f2c01cf2c41b1cf57427a6f4525e0ef5.jpg

ft1440_black_su1_2.jpg

ft1440_black_su5_2.jpg

ft1440_black_su4_2.jpg

Edited by jeremy1986

Bought these recently and did some outings, they are really comfy! 11 cm heel, but i'm still longing for higher...

Kotnkov+obuv+znaky+Graceland+v+barv+ern+

• Like 3

Nice looking boots. Classy. They do look comfortable too. 

@Percent Very nice boots ! Must look great wearing them with a skinny jeans !

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 2:40 AM, Percent said:

Bought these recently and did some outings, they are really comfy! 11 cm heel, but i'm still longing for higher...

Kotnkov+obuv+znaky+Graceland+v+barv+ern+

Agreed with the others - they look great. and 11cm sounds like the perfect height! I have a pair of booties that look very similar in terms of the heel shape and the small platform - and they are so comfortable, I enjoy wearing them immensely! 

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:43 PM, heelaphile said:

Calvin Klein Laneige

IMG_20160318_123551.jpg

heelaphile, you look great buddy!  Loving those nice tight leggings and killer booties, the lugged soles mean business also!

OTK stacked heel look boots showed up today. Faux suede with full zipper and very comfortable.

20180212_150515-561x1033.jpg

20180212_150558-608x1250.jpg

Edited by bnchmrk
  • Like 6

Way shorter than your usual styles :cheeky: but they look absolutely amazing,  @bnchmrk. Enjoy them!

I barely feel like I am wearing heels when I have these on. Not my usual style but I am ok with them. Still would have prefered to have these in a 6" heel and platform. But when you can get a pair of boots for nearly 70% off retail on final clearance.....why not.

• Like 3

They look like very nice classy boots. 

9 hours ago, bnchmrk said:

I barely feel like I am wearing heels when I have these on. Not my usual style but I am ok with them. Still would have prefered to have these in a 6" heel and platform. But when you can get a pair of boots for nearly 70% off retail on final clearance.....why not.

Totally agree :cheeky:

@KneeBooted I love my Sorel wedges, and have found a few pairs in clearance sales. Wore a pair to three parks in Disney World a couple weeks ago with zero issues keeping up.

• Like 1

I have to say that I pass on a pair of grey heel high boots with at 4 inch heel yesterday.

It was at DSW and they were only $26 and I had a $10 coupon as well....

Then I thought, with over 45 pairs of high heels already, when would I get a chance to wear them. So put them back on the clearance shelf and continued shopping. 

18 hours ago, Cali said:

I have to say that I pass on a pair of grey heel high boots with at 4 inch heel yesterday.

It was at DSW and they were only $26 and I had a $10 coupon as well....

Then I thought, with over 45 pairs of high heels already, when would I get a chance to wear them. So put them back on the clearance shelf and continued shopping. 

Wow

im impressed

tell us again how you did that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well done, but just exactly why were you in dsw in the first place if you have too many pairs.