Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

4 hours ago, veryhigh said:

I use ASOS as well, 10uk wide fits well for me. Evans 9ee(e) are similar as can be new looks eu43 sizes. But many of my items are Diechmann.

I did try to attach some pics but got an upload error (200?)

Where did you see EU43 sizes on New Look? They list in UK sizes up to UK9 and their size chart equates it to EU42. Though the normal conversion is EU43=UK9.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:06 AM, HeeledSteve said:

I got these Ralph Lauren ankle boots with a 70mm block heel, although they do have a tapered look when viewed from the back. Zips either side make getting them on and off very easy. A nice detail is the badge under the arch of the sole. The almond toe is a feature I like as well.BD0020EC-64A1-4EB9-9C51-8F746C88A885.thumb.jpeg.15b352104098dbae24eb8cc78e170f12.jpegBF9D9823-28AA-4B53-9D76-43070A3A9F22.thumb.jpeg.79b6ecf68578683bee62f76bec8049d4.jpegF8F3F7F3-36DF-4378-B06C-B2A599B952C4.thumb.jpeg.f4100aefe295175260ab472d25a93b22.jpeg6467F242-B653-4C81-A094-A57DE520FE96.thumb.jpeg.2df6c238755c3a577aeeeed227224f7d.jpeg

Those booties are great, especially with the jeans

47 minutes ago, HeeledSteve said:

Quick coffee on the way home last night wearing the Ralph Lauren boots. The weekends coming up some more chances to “break the mould” and get out and about in heels.

Nice boots i bet they didnt even notice them 

On 12/3/2018 at 4:48 PM, spikesmike said:

csizma : Nice boots. I like boots too.  spikesmikeDSCF5308.thumb.JPG.273433d0251f1edfe4c90bc9d453221e.JPG

Great boots and a great look you pull off there Mike. Stunning

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HeeledSteve said:

Quick coffee on the way home last night wearing the Ralph Lauren boots. The weekends coming up some more chances to “break the mould” and get out and about in heels.

I’ve got to work all day tomorrow so I’ll have to save my coffee morning till Sunday, look forward to getting a nice pair of boots on then though 

14 hours ago, at9 said:

Where did you see EU43 sizes on New Look? They list in UK sizes up to UK9 and their size chart equates it to EU42. Though the normal conversion is EU43=UK9.

So glad i don’t have those problems, the only problem i have is the size 5 and 6 tends to sellout quicker than the larger sizes so can’t hang around with decisions 

My latest acquisition: the Payless "Ula" ankle boots in black with three and half inch block heels:

ula.jpg

• Like 3

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

On 12/6/2018 at 2:28 PM, Puffer said:

The second pair is 'Elexis' - black leather, rear zip, 3.5" Cuban heel.   The toebox felt fine but I could not even do up the rear zip - an impossible task!

thumbnail_IMG_20181206_122903.jpg.bc102e4974378903fa4a015626e6b14d.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality; best I could do.   Despite my disappointment, I recommend these boots to anyone with a 10UK medium-width foot, or smaller.   They seem well-made, of solid construction, with leather uppers and a sturdy Cuban heel that would be very acceptable for public outings even if exposed.   I just wish I could get something very similar in a larger size!   They do seem to be in variable supply from ASOS (going in and out of stock), so anyone interested should order quickly!   ASOS has other styles in sizes up to 10UK also (some in wide width), but again supply may be erratic.

Thanks for pointing these out. I've just ordered a pair in UK9. I hope they fit. Free delivery and free returns so no risk.

https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-elexis-leather-ankle-sock-boots/prd/9765366?CTAref=Recently+Viewed&clr=black-leather

1 hour ago, at9 said:

Thanks for pointing these out. I've just ordered a pair in UK9. I hope they fit. Free delivery and free returns so no risk.

https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-elexis-leather-ankle-sock-boots/prd/9765366?CTAref=Recently+Viewed&clr=black-leather

I hope they do too, and that the rear zip doesn't cause you problems.   Do let us all know.

The wide fit version (often a better fit for blokes) is cheaper at £38.50.

Edited by Puffer
Added comment

20 hours ago, JeffB said:

My latest acquisition: the Payless "Ula" ankle boots in black with three and half inch block heels:

ula.jpg

These look cute, @JeffB -enjoy them!!

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:55 PM, maninboots said:

So glad i don’t have those problems, the only problem i have is the size 5 and 6 tends to sellout quicker than the larger sizes so can’t hang around with decisions 

No need to rub it in ;-) 

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:37 PM, at9 said:

I have quite a few pairs of heels from New Look - some are size 9, and they definitely say 9/43 underneath. Having said that... they are clearly not consistent!  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Puffer said:

I hope they do too, and that the rear zip doesn't cause you problems.   Do let us all know.

The wide fit version (often a better fit for blokes) is cheaper at £38.50.

I hadn't spotted the wide fit version. But UK9 is out of stock.

https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-wide-fit-elexis-leather-ankle-sock-boots/prd/9778296

1 hour ago, at9 said:

I hadn't spotted the wide fit version. But UK9 is out of stock.

https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-wide-fit-elexis-leather-ankle-sock-boots/prd/9778296

UK9 wide was in stock when I posted yesterday.   And my recent experience with ASOS suggests that 'out of stock' items re-appear - possibly when returns arrive (or Santa's elves have made another batch).   Frustrating, but ultimately rewarding.

Having just paid £55 for the regular fit Elexis they've reduced the price to £33 today :-(

The search facility on the Asos site doesn't seem to find the Elexis boots if you look by size/style etc or any reasonable combination thereof. Odd

49 minutes ago, Puffer said:

UK9 wide was in stock when I posted yesterday.   And my recent experience with ASOS suggests that 'out of stock' items re-appear - possibly when returns arrive (or Santa's elves have made another batch).   Frustrating, but ultimately rewarding.

Yes. I have been able to land a few great pairs from asos that briefly came back in stock ... And sometimes at an Amazing sale price! Thats why I often keep items in my saved items, even after them going out if stock. 

In fact I just scored 2 pair of boots last week that have been out of stock for a while. One of then especially long. 

27 minutes ago, at9 said:

Having just paid £55 for the regular fit Elexis they've reduced the price to £33 today :-(

I know the feeling.... Been there too. What's important now is that you enjoy them! 

3 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

These look cute, @JeffB -enjoy them!!

No need to rub it in ;-) 

I have quite a few pairs of heels from New Look - some are size 9, and they definitely say 9/43 underneath. Having said that... they are clearly not consistent!  

Sorry 

7 hours ago, at9 said:

I had that happen a number of times, you get your pair and two weeks later they are 50% off.  I use that as an opportunity to get a second pair if I really like the shoe, maybe a second color.

12 hours ago, at9 said:

The search facility on the Asos site doesn't seem to find the Elexis boots if you look by size/style etc or any reasonable combination thereof. Odd

Yes, ASOS searching has erratic results.   Expresso (black suede) boots available in most/all sizes (inc 9) in standard (now £35) and wide (£50).   

Strange that the standard fit Elexis/Expresso boots are now cheaper than the wide; the reverse true until today.

On 12/10/2018 at 9:52 AM, at9 said:

Arrived today and they're too small. Just about managed to zip them up but horribly uncomfortable over the instep. So they're going back.

It's possible that UK10 or wide fitting would help so I may order again.

5 hours ago, at9 said:

Arrived today and they're too small. Just about managed to zip them up but horribly uncomfortable over the instep. So they're going back.

It's possible that UK10 or wide fitting would help so I may order again.

I think you will find the 10 standard or wide a good fit if you are normally a 9; if a little loose, thicker socks will help.   (I wish I only had that fitting problem!)

I've just checked, and Elexis and Espresso (soft suede) are in stock in  both 10 and 10 wide.   If you place a new order (rather than exchange), you should get the lower price on Elexis.   Good luck!

My returns (sent last Thursday) were received and immediately credited  by ASOS today.

Took the return to my local Collect+ store last night. Much more convenient than the Post Office.

I might try the 10 wide. Part of the problem is that the bit that was really tight was at a seam over the instep. Exactly where there will be least stretch in the leather.

7 hours ago, at9 said:

Just got the 10 wide and they aren't comfortable either. They just aren't the right shape for my feet. Shame, because I quite liked the style.

That is unfortunate, and I'm surprised that they didn't fit you comfortably.   The Espresso (soft black suede) is possibly more forgiving and lacks the awkward rear zip.

For others interested, today's prices (most discounted) on the boots are:   Espresso £35.00 (Wide fit £50.00); Elexis £33.00 (Wide fit £38.50), with all sizes up to 10UK shown as in stock.   I do wonder if the bigger discount on the standard fit reflects on them being a poorer fit, with fewer sales.   

Various other nice-looking ASOS footwear (in sizes up to 10) discounted too, including some 5" 'Tulita' wedges at £10.50.

8 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Yup, am considering the Tulita too

I had you in mind when I mentioned them, Jeremy!   Let us know if you get them.

These are very nice too; my favourite sandal style - every woman should have them:   https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-hands-down-extra-wide-fit-barely-there-heeled-sandals/prd/9177568?clr=black&SearchQuery=hands+down+extra+wide&SearchRedirect=true   (I did try a pair in UK10; the heel is  4.5". )  Same or similar sandals available in other colours and fits too.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Puffer said:

I had you in mind when I mentioned them, Jeremy!   Let us know if you get them.

will do!

18 minutes ago, Puffer said:

These are very nice too; my favourite sandal style - every woman should have them:   https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-hands-down-extra-wide-fit-barely-there-heeled-sandals/prd/9177568?clr=black&SearchQuery=hands+down+extra+wide&SearchRedirect=true   (I did try a pair in UK10; the heel is  4.5". )  Same or similar sandals available in other colours and fits too.

Yes, I saw them too - I like them a lot, a very simple but sexy sandal. The only thing that put me off was the shape of the heel - too straight and not enough of a stiletto curve! 

Hi everyone, my first post on here. I just made a welcome thread too for more info, but here are the booties I recently bought from Call It Spring.
Suede front, everything else stretches which is nice, since my feet are kind of fat now.. I love how point they make my toes look.

4.5 inch heel, no platform, size 10US for those curious.

I've worn 7-8 inch heels in the past, but none with this arch. And I don't think I can ever go back to anything less than a 4 inch arch now.
I definitely like them over leggings or under tight jeans, I love the look.

Please enjoy!

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

• Like 9