Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

all been a while Think I have bought a pair of cone heeled courts from Zara a month ago or so; however was in Matalan yesterday and bought these. Simple pair of wedge heeled, laced / zipped calf boots sort of in the current walking boot style. Happen to be able to comfortably fit UK7 / EU41 (2 sizes smaller than I used to have to buy; love the fact that I am modifying my feet by my shoes) Don't come across too well in the photos but think they look quite cute and certainly make my feet seem a lot smaller :-) wearing with a long pair of flared boot cut jeans, feel a lot more confident about broad daylight heeling. R

post-612-133522922417_thumb.jpg

post-612-13352292243_thumb.jpg

post-612-133522922442_thumb.jpg

Don't come across too well in the photos but think they look quite cute and certainly make my feet seem a lot smaller :-) wearing with a long pair of flared boot cut jeans, feel a lot more confident about broad daylight heeling.

R

Wow these boots are very nice !

I love the way they look with the blue jeans on picture #2.

(And I would not mind having the same pair since I really like wedge heels too...)

Too bad they are not available here.

Well done :)

I ordered from DSW a Diba over the knee boot and one from Victoria Secrets as well an over the knee boots from Colin Stuart. Both are with a 4" or better heel and with a platform and both are very comfortable. If my bride to be can get a couple of shots to upload to the page I will show them off.

This morning I stopped in to the local Aldo to see what was new. I originally went in intending to look for some new high heels. Most of the sales women know me there now. I get treated great and just like any other customer. The sales women asked me if I needed a hand. I said not right now. But if something catches my eye I will let you know. She told me they had a lot of new stock which I could see on the shelves. She also mentioned how a lot of that was boots. She mentioned how she liked boots because you get a lot more use out of them as opposed to a pair of heels. I must say she had on a nice pair of grey slouchy boots herself. I have always been on the lookout for a pair of black stiletto boots. But usually the prices are quite high and more then I want to spend. I found one pair though that looked great. They were priced at $100. That is still more than I like to spend. But it seemed reasonable considering most of the other boots were closer to double that in price. I asked the sales girl for my usual size 9 or 10 to try. she said those were cute and they just got those in. She went to fetch my size. She came back and said they only had a few smaller sizes. Apparently the company likes to test the water sometimes with new product and they only send a few of the more popular sizes. I thanked her anyways. And after a few more minutes of browsing I left the store empty handed. Fast forward to later in the day. I stopped in at the local Winners store for those that live in Canada. I have purchased some shoes from there in the past. Generally I don't find much there I like for the price though. I was browsing through the shoe racks when I spotted a pair of boots. They were very similar to the ones I tried on in Aldo. I turned the boot over expecting a "sticker shock" as usual. I did get a sticker shock, $60! I had to double check make sure it wasn't a mistake which it wasn't. That is the lowest price I have ever seen on a nice pair of boots. That sold me even before I tried them on. The tag also said compare at $100 which is what the Aldo boots cost. I tried on the 9 1/2's and they fit good. But just to be sure I tried some 10's too. They both fit good but I liked the little extra room in the 10's. So I paid for them and left. And so ends my quest....lol Anyhow, here is a couple pics.

post-3002-133522922534_thumb.jpg

post-3002-133522922536_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Mr. X! I am impressed! Those are some really sharp looking boots! Bravo to you and your great purchase!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Great boots! They're really "classic" looking and with that shaft and the rounded top they'll look great worn over your jeans. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Those are nice boots Mr. X :-)

I didn't know Winners were selling boots !

I will take a look to see what they got hoping they have something in my size (11)

I was surprised too. So more than likely you will find something in your size 11.

Is there a zipper somewhere I can't see?

Or is this one of those half hour affairs per boot?

There is a 12" long side zipper at the ankle.

And you only need 10 seconds to put them on... :)

I also got the Gallian boots from Aldo last week, and they are GREAT.

Very comfortable and the also fit under a pair of boot cut jeans.

I could not agree more with you !

You said you are wearing them under boot cut jeans.

What about the top of the boot shaft under your jeans ?

I guess this would not feel very comfortable when your are seated isnt-it ?

These boots looks so nice: I admit I will wear mine over my skinny jeans ... :)

all

been a while

Think I have bought a pair of cone heeled courts from Zara a month ago or so; however was in Matalan yesterday and bought these.

Simple pair of wedge heeled, laced / zipped calf boots sort of in the current walking boot style. Happen to be able to comfortably fit UK7 / EU41 (2 sizes smaller than I used to have to buy; love the fact that I am modifying my feet by my shoes)

Don't come across too well in the photos but think they look quite cute and certainly make my feet seem a lot smaller :-) wearing with a long pair of flared boot cut jeans, feel a lot more confident about broad daylight heeling.

R

Great boots! I luv them!

WOW Very nice boots indeed, and worn over skinny jeans. When the weather cools a bit, add a leather jacket and it doesn't get any better than that. :)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I finally received my new boots from ShoesUSA today. They are the Jessica Boot in Black leather, fit like a glove and the leather is awesome, 4.5" wedge heel. The fresh smell of new soft leather and with a pair of skinny jeans I think looks good. Oh so good.... Mtnsofheels

post-12178-133522922639_thumb.jpg

post-12178-133522922642_thumb.jpg

very nice boots you just got, I'm very impressed!:) & the style can be worn either way too (over or tucked in as in these pics you have)

I finally received my new boots from ShoesUSA today. They are the Jessica Boot in Black leather, fit like a glove and the leather is awesome, 4.5" wedge heel. The fresh smell of new soft leather and with a pair of skinny jeans I think looks good. Oh so good.... Mtnsofheels

Impressive! Most impressive!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

"have you worn those out?"

Worn them out??? My goodness he just got them and they should last longer than that! :) (sorry)

I'm sure you meant have you worn them outside, and we would all like to hear about it when (not if) you do.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

And now I've the black version of the Okleann Jessica Simpson boots too, I'm... addicted.

Posted Image

/taps upper arm for his fix.

I'm just working my way up to having a different pair of shoes/boots a day for a couple of weeks at least. Just wish some of the shoes/boots I liked didn't cost 500 or 400 dollars. Thats a spicy meatball.

They are from Aldo. They are the "Frodars" model. The are no longer on the website so they must be a last years model. They can be had cheap if anyone is interested or can find a pair. They had been marked down to $50 with an additional 30% off. So I got these babies for just under $40. They are dark brown in colour but they look black in some lights. I actually thought I had a black pair when I took them out of the box for a test. They have a snakeskin look and feel to them as well. They have a 4 inch heel. They look lower though. I pegged the heel at 3 1/2 inches. And they are super comfy to walk in. Anyhow, here is a picture.

post-3002-133522923919_thumb.jpg

My most recent purchase was a pair of black Frye over-the-knee (kind of) boots about 2 weeks ago. I wore them out tucked into jeans the following weekend. They are pretty awesome. Unfortunately, they are at the shoe repair shop as the zipper of the left boot is showing signs of slight wear at the tension point near the ankle. The shoe repair professional said that the type of repair is becoming more common as manufacturers are focusing less on craftsmanship. I'm not going to criticize Frye as their craftsmanship is amazing...my other Frye's are about a year old and still look brand new even after streaks of daily wear last winter and spring. Nonetheless it was an interesting observation on her part.

My most recent purchase was a pair of black Frye over-the-knee (kind of) boots about 2 weeks ago. I wore them out tucked into jeans the following weekend. They are pretty awesome.

Unfortunately, they are at the shoe repair shop as the zipper of the left boot is showing signs of slight wear at the tension point near the ankle. The shoe repair professional said that the type of repair is becoming more common as manufacturers are focusing less on craftsmanship. I'm not going to criticize Frye as their craftsmanship is amazing...my other Frye's are about a year old and still look brand new even after streaks of daily wear last winter and spring. Nonetheless it was an interesting observation on her part.

Hi Smilin_guy!

I'm also a Frye addict in fact I think my 13th pair should be here this week! My "POOR" wife got only 4 pairs But then again she's got 4 pairs of Jimmy CHoo's with matching Bags!

But really what I was going to tell you is that Frye will repair your boots for FREE!

Just go to their website and and call them or go to this link.

1) Call Frye Customer Service at 1-800-826-3793

2) http://www.thefryecompany.com/TermsofUse.aspx

Read this whole page it also has the forms to send your boots in to them with!

I just had a similar problem with the a zipper on my Black Frye Matilda Button boots!

I filled out a form sent them to them and 3 weeks later they came home with a brand new zipper and no charge!

They also have very reasonable repair costs for there older product that are out of warranty.

Awesome Company Awesome Boots!

And I am so eyeing that pair that you just bought!

they may have to come home to me also!:)

I bought a new pair yesterday at the "Van Haren" store. I loved how they look but it took me some time to buy them in the end, because I thought I have enough pairs of heels for now... But then I thought: 'Ah what the heck' and went for them. My girlfriend supported me in getting these as she loves them too!

They are comfortable and they look sooooo good! :)

http://www.vanharen.nl/site/images/1019462_pp.jpg