Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

Almost, surprisingly hand taps don't work. I ground down the diameter of a number 6, U.S. size screw to just a couple thousandths over the bore. Chamfered the tip and hammered them in.

I've hand tapped previous heels but often the taps break. Once that happens you're done. So now I just grind and press. 

10 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Almost, surprisingly hand taps don't work. I ground down the diameter of a number 6, U.S. size screw to just a couple thousandths over the bore. Chamfered the tip and hammered them in.

I've hand tapped previous heels but often the taps break. Once that happens you're done. So now I just grind and press. 

So, you removed the original tip, turned a 6mm collar and fitted the collar by hammering-in a modified size 6 (9/64") Allen cap screw?

British woodscrews in imperial sizes are almost identical to the US numbered sizes, but machine screws (Allen or otherwise) are now almost always sold in metric sizes, although imperial (usually Whitworth or BSF) are still around.   One can have fun matching threads on older items, especially imports such as UNF, ANF etc.   For modelmaking, British Association (BA) screws are still popular.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought on Amazon, seller from China, very cheap but better made than some more expensive European manufacturers, very solid until now.

Size is CN 49 (equivalent to EU 47), heels between 8 and 9 cm, round toes, very very comfortable, I'm in love. Faux fur interior (very warm, it's -2 C here today and I felt hot), faux leather.

So today's outfit for the office, let's see if they are durable enough.

image.thumb.png.0db52d9f7cf2c23196a8681f0c9333b1.pngimage.thumb.png.ef72f2fff92c1290c318d5ef86c3b82d.pngimage.thumb.png.21a9e9652243aa6f428c6a3b824a46c8.png

• Like 6

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

The Journee Collection 'Markie' came in a week or so ago. Just opened them up and tried them on.  The size 11 were to big so I exchanged them for a size 10. And the 10 fits fine. 4 inch stilettos with pointy toes, very pointy. Back zipper. Picture soon.

7 hours ago, Cali said:

The Journee Collection 'Markie' came in a week or so ago. Just opened them up and tried them on.  The size 11 were to big so I exchanged them for a size 10. And the 10 fits fine. 4 inch stilettos with pointy toes, very pointy. Back zipper. Picture soon.

Can't wait to see them Cali!

Hey All,

These are the knee-high Emigdia boots I got when in Yuma last winter but didn’t post until now. They have a faux croc finish, side zipper, and a sassy 6.25”/15.8cm stiletto heel. Haven’t worn to any event yet but I imagine they would get looks. My wife likes how they look on me. HinH

IMG_7097.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, HappyinHeels said:

Hey All,

These are the knee-high Emigdia boots I got when in Yuma last winter but didn’t post until now. They have a faux croc finish, side zipper, and a sassy 6.25”/15.8cm stiletto heel. Haven’t worn to any event yet but I imagine they would get looks. My wife likes how they look on me. HinH

IMG_7097.jpeg

You look amazing, very powerful, and they fit your legs perfectly!  You will be a hit at the club for sure

Surprise! It's me, posting in the Boots thread, which hardly ever happens. Yesterday, I received a new pair of knee high boots, bringing my total to four. Plus one pair of ankle boots which I haven't worn in a very long time.

My reason for purchasing the boots, for which I paid 60 USD on Poshmark (about twice what I would normally be open to for shoes), was that even though we had all of this snow around here recently, I have yet to break out my actual snow boots. I haven't needed to. I've been living in my Easy Spirit knee highs for the past three weeks, and they're just fine as snow boots, except for one thing: They are not warm, having zero insulation. Therefore, when I saw these vintage Cobbies Boots come up in my feed with the faux shearling lining, I decided that I probably had to have those.

Exactly how vintage they really are is not clear to me. They were sold as New Without Tags, and they obviously have never been worn outside, even for 20 steps. I don't know exactly when Cobbies became defunct, but they don't look like they're from the 90s (when parent company U.S. Shoe was purchased in a hostile takeover), they don't look like they're from the 80s, they look like they might actually be from the late 70s. They do not list the country of manufacture anywhere that I can find. For size 9 boots, they are a little tight, but not overly so. The other thing that makes me think these might actually be that old is the fact that these are the only knee high boots I've ever had that are actually tight around my ankles and tight around my calves all the way up. I could wear leggings with these no problem, and they wouldn't look stupid. People used to be a lot skinnier back then, on average.

The stats: Heel height is 2 3/8 inches, or basically flat, haha. These are supposed to be my snow boots, after all. Heel width is about 1 1/2 inches, and the heels themselves are the fake stacked leather look, so contrasting color to the rest of the black boots, which are real leather that looks and feels to be fairly high quality. I haven't worn them off of my property yet, so I have not discovered if there are any unpleasant surprises to be had. I'm sure I will let you know if there are.

CobbiesModelSide.jpg

CobbiesShearling.jpg

CobbiesCloseup.jpg

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2024 at 6:49 AM, mlroseplant said:

Surprise! It's me, posting in the Boots thread, which hardly ever happens. Yesterday, I received a new pair of knee high boots, bringing my total to four. Plus one pair of ankle boots which I haven't worn in a very long time.

My reason for purchasing the boots, for which I paid 60 USD on Poshmark (about twice what I would normally be open to for shoes), was that even though we had all of this snow around here recently, I have yet to break out my actual snow boots. I haven't needed to. I've been living in my Easy Spirit knee highs for the past three weeks, and they're just fine as snow boots, except for one thing: They are not warm, having zero insulation. Therefore, when I saw these vintage Cobbies Boots come up in my feed with the faux shearling lining, I decided that I probably had to have those.

Exactly how vintage they really are is not clear to me. They were sold as New Without Tags, and they obviously have never been worn outside, even for 20 steps. I don't know exactly when Cobbies became defunct, but they don't look like they're from the 90s (when parent company U.S. Shoe was purchased in a hostile takeover), they don't look like they're from the 80s, they look like they might actually be from the late 70s. They do not list the country of manufacture anywhere that I can find. For size 9 boots, they are a little tight, but not overly so. The other thing that makes me think these might actually be that old is the fact that these are the only knee high boots I've ever had that are actually tight around my ankles and tight around my calves all the way up. I could wear leggings with these no problem, and they wouldn't look stupid. People used to be a lot skinnier back then, on average.

The stats: Heel height is 2 3/8 inches, or basically flat, haha. These are supposed to be my snow boots, after all. Heel width is about 1 1/2 inches, and the heels themselves are the fake stacked leather look, so contrasting color to the rest of the black boots, which are real leather that looks and feels to be fairly high quality. I haven't worn them off of my property yet, so I have not discovered if there are any unpleasant surprises to be had. I'm sure I will let you know if there are.

CobbiesModelSide.jpg

CobbiesShearling.jpg

CobbiesCloseup.jpg

Love these boots, fit your legs perfectly also

13 hours ago, csizma said:

I have been obsessed these badly hot boots for a long time...
Finally I got them!😍

426836674_1078347510088757_2093064727063821395_.jpg

427886863_941569120397311_8641202663577194944_n.jpg

Beautiful boots indeed, classic style that I love, so envious!

On 2/15/2024 at 12:06 PM, csizma said:

Finally I got them!😍

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

And it goes very well with the top that covers just enough.

• Like 1

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

On 2/15/2024 at 5:06 AM, csizma said:

Finally I got them!😍

Beautiful pair of boots and they look awesome with the outfit you are wearing!!!!!

• Like 1

Hi guys, I haven't posted here for a long time, but I still have a look at this forum regularly and is amazed by diversity of style you may share with us.

I just had a crush yesterday for new booties, so here I am. Heels are not very high, but they are for everyday outfits, so...2fmicg.jpg.dccfe64ca5b334b6503875548d5c3de3.jpg5zi3rt.thumb.jpg.4dff661937e7292a8a1fe5d029a33d0f.jpg5zi3rt.thumb.jpg.4dff661937e7292a8a1fe5d029a33d0f.jpg62lsar.thumb.jpg.bfef99f94b4f73d903e99566d97f773e.jpg

vgtw1k.jpg

5fnfah.jpg

byjii8.jpg

Edited by Bootslover29
  • Like 6

I agree with Shyheels.  They are great looking and acceptable for wearing in public by a man.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 1 month later...