Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

At 59 going on 60 not so sure. My point was, age cures all inhibitions. Kinda like alcohol,  just takes longer. You'll get there, the alternative is not pretty. 

Edited by Jkrenzer
  • Like 1

Yes, age does cure inhibitions, but in a “cool” fashion sense we’re unlikely to cut a dash. That’s all about youth - unless you’re a celebrity

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

You're missing the point. That's why it's in their face. If it wasn't taboo, odd, off the cuff etc it wouldn't be in their face.

Celebs are expected to be edgy and unique, not old effers like us.

Edited by Jkrenzer
  • Like 1

I think oldies in our society are considered too irrelevant ever to be in anyone’s face. We are the least interesting, least valuable demographic. We pose neither a challenge nor a threat

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

I think oldies in our society are considered too irrelevant ever to be in anyone’s face. We are the least interesting, least valuable demographic. We pose neither a challenge nor a threat

Sad, but true!   I agree that inhibitions diminish with age, if only because (especially after retirement) we are no longer obliged to conform and obey or impress to the same extent.   When I first wore cuban heels outside, some 15 years ago, I thought that the sky would fall on me.   Now, I know it is simply a question of whether a visible 4" heel is too much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shyheels said:

So maybe that means we can get away with anything. 😄

• Like 1

The other day I went to a gallery "private view". I wore black trousers, my ASOS leopard print boots, a leopard print shirt and a red wool blazer. I got at least one compliment on my boots. Somebody remarked to my wife that I looked "flamboyant". At 66 years old I'm happy to be seen that way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

At 59 going on 60 not so sure. My point was, age cures all inhibitions. Kinda like alcohol,  just takes longer. You'll get there, the alternative is not pretty. 

I suppose you are right, one of the benefits of aging is losing some of the silly inhibitions/worries that plagued me as a "youngster".  A bit of a double edge sword for sure.  

9 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Yes, age does cure inhibitions, but in a “cool” fashion sense we’re unlikely to cut a dash. That’s all about youth - unless you’re a celebrity

So true, like I say, kind of a double edge sword.  

17 hours ago, Shyheels said:

It is! Travel is the same way. Retirees have all the time in the world to travel but usually lack the money!

... or the fitness/energy and affordable insurance!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ohnoberty said:

I think a bit of context is needed. What are they, where are they from?

I do really like the decoration on them, brings them to life.

I bought them second hand, but they are brand new. Originally from Mango women, for me look unisex :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2023 at 11:16 PM, pebblesf said:

Those boots are amazing, fit perfectly, look great over the jeans, I'm so envious.  How are they to walk in?

As a matter of fact, surprisingly easy! Yes, the heels are high and in the beginning I felt like I was really standing on my toes but after a little while I got used to them. When I don't have to stand all the time I can wear them for several houls without any problem. I really love the shape of these boots and the nice high quality leather.

I decided to share some more photo's here:

Vesta10_02.jpg

Vesta10_03.jpg

Those boots are amazing, fit perfectly, look great over the jeans, I'm so envious.  How are they to walk in?

I wanted to post one more photo, but I had to make a different post because of the size limit.

Vesta10_04.jpg

And one more...

Vesta10_05.jpg

• Like 8

4 hours ago, bootsmike said:

As a matter of fact, surprisingly easy! Yes, the heels are high and in the beginning I felt like I was really standing on my toes but after a little while I got used to them. When I don't have to stand all the time I can wear them for several houls without any problem. I really love the shape of these boots and the nice high quality leather.

I decided to share some more photo's here:

Vesta10_02.jpg

Vesta10_03.jpg

I wanted to post one more photo, but I had to make a different post because of the size limit.

Vesta10_04.jpg

And one more...

Vesta10_05.jpg

Those boots looks amazing! What brand, where did you get it?

• Like 1

Oooooooooh! Very long, very high, very nice. Yes please every day of the week. Enough said I think.😁

Was busy working today, got completely side tracked, ended up looking online and through a random journey of clicking links I came across these. Wasn't looking for them or anything like them but suddenly realized that i'd got an email confirming my purchase,  whoops. So I've got a pair of Hella Heels BabyDoll Old Money velvet coming next week. 🙄

s-l400 (1).jpg

s-l400.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

I like those a lot. Do they come in large sizes? 

Yes, they do. Their sizes go up to 47 (EUR) which corresponds to a USA women's size 15. Plus, Italian shoes tend to run about 1 size larger than other European manufacturers. I normally wear size 46, but I have these boots in 45 and they fit perfectly. The sizing table on the Shoebidoo site may help:

generic-boot-sizing-2023.png

My feet are about 28.5 cm long from heel to toe, which number is in the "44" column but since I have rather wide feet I chose one size larger and I'm very happy with the current size of my boots.

Be aware that there are 2 versions of the Vesta boots: I have the Vesta-10 boots (showing on the photo's). These have 10 cm heels on a size 38, but on size 45 the heels are already 12 cm (4.5" - 5''). So the Vesta-10 have high heels, the Vesta boots have VERY high heels 🙂

I hope this was helpful for you!

Edited by bootsmike
Extra information on heel type

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2023 at 5:16 PM, pebblesf said:

The boots are easy to walk in, light weight and stable 

• Like 2

I conclude that I hate the delivery services. They only have to get it wrong once in a hundred but it's enough to yell and scream about.

An order that I knew had been dispatched seemed to never arrive. After two extra weeks of waiting I checked only to be told by the supplier (after they had checked) that the package could not be delivered and was returned to the supplier. No one told me!

Having to negotiate another purchase now, don't know if/when it might arrive 🤨

Delivery services are pretty dreadful these days - at best they just dump the box at your door and walk away whether you’re home or not. And it’s not too infrequent that you’ll get an email to say they’ve been unable to deliver a parcel and you know damn well they haven’t even tried because you’ve been in all day

• Like 1