Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

I picked these up the other day. They were regularly $70 but they were marked down to 25. And on top of that I had a gift card, so they were basically free!

The brand is BCBGeneration.Ā  And the heel measures 4 and a quarter inches.

20230201_181405.jpg

• Like 5

I have more BCBG shoes than any other brand in my collection. They seem to fit me well, and they're decent quality. There are three basic levels of BCBG. BCBG Max Azria, which is the expensive line, BCBGirls, which is the cheap line, and BCBGeneration, which is the middle line. I think you will enjoy the boots. Too bad the company is no longer in business.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mr. X said:

I picked these up the other day. They were regularly $70 but they were marked down to 25. And on top of that I had a gift card, so they were basically free!

The brand is BCBGeneration.Ā  And the heel measures 4 and a quarter inches.

20230201_181405.jpg

They are beautiful!Ā  They must feel great, and no doubt look amazing

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just got these "Circus" by Sam Edelman Boots, called Clairmont. I suppose Circus is a budget brand, as they were only about 30 bucks new, but as is often the case, they fit better than boots that cost quite a bit more. They're really high, about 5 inches, and single sole, and pinch a little, but they are all man-made material, so I just have to hope it stretches a bit.Ā 

Ā 

The big thing for me is still width across the calves, as I am still a pretty skinny guy, even by guy standards. I just also happen to be tall, so, big feet, thin calves, and these seem to meet well in the middle, without spending the 450 I would have to spend for custom leather boots.Ā 

image.jpeg

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, bambam said:

Just got these "Circus" by Sam Edelman Boots, called Clairmont. I suppose Circus is a budget brand, as they were only about 30 bucks new, but as is often the case, they fit better than boots that cost quite a bit more. They're really high, about 5 inches, and single sole, and pinch a little, but they are all man-made material, so I just have to hope it stretches a bit.Ā 

Ā 

The big thing for me is still width across the calves, as I am still a pretty skinny guy, even by guy standards. I just also happen to be tall, so, big feet, thin calves, and these seem to meet well in the middle, without spending the 450 I would have to spend for custom leather boots.Ā 

image.jpeg

They look great buddy, hope they fit your legs nicely.Ā  I love my Sam Edelman boots, was lucky to find another pair in my size before they discontinued the "Olencia" style boots

And now from the opposite world....small feet with high arch, thick calves and ankles.Ā  Just glad there is enough variety for use all.

I waited too long to get those dirty ice colored boots; but I'm on a wait list for them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As I said in the tall-boots post, I went to DSW today.Ā  This large DSW store use to have about 15% sneakers.Ā  Now it's over 50%. Front of the store.

Anyway, I found the tiny real estate for boots and found these Jessica Simpson Lexie boots.Ā  man-made material BUT it's rain so much here this year hat I haven't wore my suede or leather boots.Ā  We have had 7 "atmostpheric rivers" hit us this year.Ā  Water proof them so that I can wear them during the next river tomorrow.

JS Lexie_smh.jpg

Picture in them tomorrow.

They are sooooooo comfortable.

• Like 3

I got a $15 discount email from DSW yesterday AFTER I bought the Jessica Simpsons. Since I had to return the Marc Fishers, I asked if they could apply the $15 discount to what I bought. Didn't get the $15 discount, instead got at $39 discount. They went on clearance and I got $15 off. Final price: somewhere around $55. A WIN WIN.

IĀ water proofedĀ the new boots yesterday and wore them for over 11 hours today.Ā  Got lots of compliments on them too.

They are man made, so I used the spray I bought at a DSW years ago. Sofsole water proofer. Seem to work in the heavy downpours yesterday.Ā  I got so many compliments on those boots too.

Edited by Cali

After 2 decades of beeing without high heels, I finally re-entered the world of high heels recently. I found some really beautiful tall boots with high heels in real leather that I simply could not resist: the Vesta-10 crotch boots made by Sanctum. Coincidentally, these boots are sold by Shoebidoo and this company is located in the next city, about 25 kilometers from where I live. They offer a fitting service, where it is possible to try a pair of shoes/boots and exchange for another size if necessary.

So ordered a pair in my size (they offer large sizes too!) and made an appointment to try them on. They fitted like a glove!

These pictures are from the website:

sanctum-high-italian-crotch-boots-vesta-with-10cm.thumb.jpg.c498b458f0a8fd1a6ff984d136c88ab4.jpg237814546_sanctum-high-italian-crotch-boots-vesta-with-10cm(1).thumb.jpg.3c1d1b600cf310b756809214a0d88b6a.jpg

The heels for my size are 11.5 cm high (4.5"). There is an inside partial zipper and the boots are very nicely lined with smooth leather that makes it very easy to put them on. Nice touch is that the top part is lined with red leather, so when you look at the back, you can see this nice red color in the slit at the top back of the boot shafts.

As soon as possible, I will share some photos of my own pair. But unfortunately, I had to return them temporarily. When I tried them on at home, I discovered a flaw in the left boot that I did not notice during the fitting. The lining of this boot had too much material that caused an ugly crease in the lining that was also visible through the outside material. After I contacted them, Shoebidoo took the boots back and sent them to the factory to solve the problem. It took alomost 6 weeks, but I finally received a message that my boots are expected to return this week.

• Like 4

It's really nice nappa leather, looks like high quality, supple glossy black leather. These boots are Italian made and unlike clothes, shoes and boots from Italy tend to fall large. Normally, I would need size 46 (Eur), let alone for a pair of high-heeled pointy boots. But these ones I bought in size 45 and they fit really well.

They have a sizing sheet on their site which seems to work fine. If your feet length is close to the "end" of a size, take one size larger. If you want to check it out: see www.shoebidooshoes.com

If you want a pair of custom made boots (custom sizings, different color) then you should visit www.sanctumshoes.com

On 11/25/2021 at 1:27 PM, flavio said:

Arrived this week already worn outside.

Bought from Ghigocalzature, one of my favourite sellers of large sizes.

Heels are only 4 cm but the imitation country style on the sharp "feminine" side makes them my new favourite go to boots.

IMG_20211125_132651_955.thumb.jpg.36e3f598e6b002bb5200d49cf5a77579.jpg

Nice!!! I visited Ghigocalzature a few times, but I did not buy anything there yet. Nice models also tend so sell out quickly in "my" size in my experience. Do they still sell this model?

Edited by bootsmike
  • Like 2