Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

2 hours ago, Shyheels said:

They definitely need a thorough clean 

The color is called "Ice".

1 hour ago, pebblesf said:

LOVE them!  Great color, and rugged heels.  Hope you get them for sure.  Would love to try them on sometime

The trouble is they are expensive, even on sale,  But they go up to a size 12. And they have stores in towns you visit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cali said:

The color is called "Ice".

The trouble is they are expensive, even on sale,  But they go up to a size 12. And they have stores in towns you visit.

Ah - if that's meant to be the colour, a sort of New York Slush, I'm not a fan, altough I like the styling very much. That' right up my street. If that came in a regular sort of cream colour I would definitely be in the market.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cali said:

Thinking about getting these. Any comments?

JUNIPERICEMULTI1.jpg

Funny banter about the color. Before I scrolled through all of that, I suspected that the color was supposed to be sort of pre-distressed. However, I can see another problem completely unrelated to color. Since I know you like to try things on in person, this isn't really a problem, you will know right away. The boots are fairly slim fitting on the model. Your calves are rather bigger than your average female model's. Is this going to be an issue?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Funny banter about the color. Before I scrolled through all of that, I suspected that the color was supposed to be sort of pre-distressed. However, I can see another problem completely unrelated to color. Since I know you like to try things on in person, this isn't really a problem, you will know right away. The boots are fairly slim fitting on the model. Your calves are rather bigger than your average female model's. Is this going to be an issue?

I would love to try these on but the closes store is a 2+ hour flight away.  They look slim to me too, especially the toe, so I was going up a size to a 11 (they come in a size 12 as well).  Free shipping and RETURNS. But I'll look at the calf circumference again.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

I too have slender calves. They would fit me fine. Some of my knee boots I've had to take to the shoe repair shop to slim them down. Usually cost me $40-$50, but if they are a good leather boot, it's worth the cost  to have them fit my legs better. No wide calf boots needed for me!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 2

My running (track) friends have always envied my calves. When I tore my calf, it swelled to a circumference over 24 inches (61 cm). It was winter and all I could get on over the calf was extra large sweatpants or shorts. Currently, they are 16.5 to 17 inches (~41 cm).

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

Cali,

Your calves are  bigger than mine. Mine are  14.5 to 15". Most regular sized boots fit my calves well but occasionally I have to have them slimmed down as they are too loose on my calves. You almost need to buy wide calf in boots.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

One of the things I really like about my OTK stilettos is that they fit perfectly around my ankles, like they were sculpted. They are my only boots that fit beautifully around my ankles. That’s partly why they’re a favourite.

Ive had to learn to accept a degree of slouching around the ankles. Still, there are worse things in life…

Edited by Shyheels

It really is surprising that there isn’t better recognition of the fact that people are taller now, and thus have longer feet, than they did a generation or two ago. Men are certainly able to obtain shoes or boots in much bigger sizes now than back in the 70s, when finding a size 13 on the shelf was a rarity and anything bigger had to be special ordered. But women’s shoes and boots are still typically sold in the same size range as always 

9 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I just looked up Frye Boots - very nice but they don’t appear to make anything larger than a US 11 (women’s I assume) so I’m out of contention. Pity…

Exactly the problem I have.  Love Frye boots but near impossible to find in normal guy's sizes...  I always see a pair I want, only to be frustrated when they are US size 8 or 9

• Like 1

Yes, and the bigger your foot the more likely you are to find your choices limited to stripper heels or bedroom heels. I have taken the costly step of getting custom boots - classic styling, fashionable, tasteful - but having far, far fewer pairs than a lot of people on this site. It would be nice to be able to shop on the high street and purchase some of the fashionable offerings there, but it just isn’t happening.

Yes, I know that Asos carries heeled ankle boots in larger sizes, and that’s great if you like what they are offering - mostly I don’t - and I have to admit that having tried custom boots, getting precisely what I want, in a perfect fit and made of beautiful leather I find myself preferring to save up and wait.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shyheels said:

It really is surprising that there isn’t better recognition of the fact that people are taller now, and thus have longer feet, than they did a generation or two ago. Men are certainly able to obtain shoes or boots in much bigger sizes now than back in the 70s, when finding a size 13 on the shelf was a rarity and anything bigger had to be special ordered. But women’s shoes and boots are still typically sold in the same size range as always 

We're almost into 'boasting about hardship' territory here!    My feet stopped growing (at UK11) in about 1963.   UK11 was the largest men's size on the high street, with very rarely anything larger anywhere else.  I could usually find something that I liked (such as pointed chelsea boots!) in UK11 in a shoe shop but the choice was not wide.   The largest size for women's shoes at that time was usually UK7, with occasional availability in UK8 but rarely in anything truly fashionable.   The situation only gradually changed; by about 1980 it was possible to buy men's UK12 and women's UK8 without too much trouble - but still not in all styles.   Only since around 2010 has there been any reasonable availability (albeit not in all styles) in UK13 and UK9 respectively, and better recognition of wider fittings.   So, there is slow progress but I agree that it still fails to match the size requirements (width as well as length) of progressively 'bigger' people.   ASOS is a rare exception in offering women's footwear up to UK13 in several styles, including boots of a fairly unisex type and some high stilettos - most of which seem to sell-out quickly, especially in the wide-fit version where available.

My trouble is not just the length but the narrowness - in that regard women's lasts are much better width for me. They just don't come long enough.  And often men's shoes are simply too wide. I could never wear Puma trainers, for example, because no matte what the size, they were  far too wide.  

6 hours ago, Shyheels said:

My trouble is not just the length but the narrowness - in that regard women's lasts are much better width for me. They just don't come long enough.  And often men's shoes are simply too wide. I could never wear Puma trainers, for example, because no matte what the size, they were  far too wide.  

Although I have mostly size 10 some 11 (US women's) feet, I have strange pear shape feet. Large thick toe box, skinny heel.  For too many decades I suffered through men's shoes, 9.5 EEE.  I could get my toe box in but then have over 1 cm gap on each side of the heel.  This lead to multiple ankle problems, injuries, and surgeries. This issue stopped when I "discovered" women's shoes fit my feet.

I went from hating shoe shopping and having few shoes to enjoying shoe shopping and having over 80 heels.

• Like 1