Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, at9 said:

The boots I didn't buy today: https://www.longtallsally.com/lts-black-5050-stretch-over-the-knee-leather-boots-in-standard-d-fit-p

Saw these in a local charity shop, brand new in box, right size, for £20. Tried them on. The foot fitted OK but they were truly horrible and baggy round the ankle.

Sorry buddy, know how disappointing these thrift shop finds can be.  I have to avoid the urge to buy when I see these "bargains",  but try to remember I am just tossing money out on boots I won't enjoy or wear.  

8 hours ago, Cali said:

@at9 "... brand new in box, right size, for £20. ..." says it all.

In the UK there is an absolute right to return goods ordered online for a full refund. I think the time limit is 14 days but it might be 30. The person who bought them originally presumably didn't get round to returning them in time.

There are other possible explanations for why they ended in a charity shop but that seems the simplest.

15 hours ago, at9 said:

In the UK there is an absolute right to return goods ordered online for a full refund. I think the time limit is 14 days but it might be 30. The person who bought them originally presumably didn't get round to returning them in time.

There are other possible explanations for why they ended in a charity shop but that seems the simplest.

The right to cancel must be exercised within 14 days of the date of delivery.   You then have a further 14 days to return the unwanted item.
I quite often see on a product review page a comment from someone who didn't like what was bought online, or that it was not as ordered/expected or was defective, and said that he simply 'threw it in the bin'.   A complete waste of money when there was a clear right to a refund, assuming that the item was not so cheap that returning it was not worthwhile.

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

Very nice looking boots! I applaud your ability to walk in five-inch heels - I find my calf muscles seizing up! I do like the look and elegant lines of boots with five inch heels though.

I'm still working on it, but 11 cm or less is already short but still elegant. My 42 size help me and I want a little bit more.

Go on!

• Like 3

Thanks! I like the imperiousness of five inch heel, the elegant lines and the pitch of the footbed. I'd like to be able to walk fluidly in them, although for my personal style I tend to prefer my 3-4 inch chunky heeled knee and OTK boots.

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, bambam said:

Totally same here. I wore my 5 inch pumps yesterday, loved the feeling, but still was quite a workout after an hour or so.

I have finally made a bit of progress, wearing my nine west "tenon" booties.  I really like them, and I'm guessing the heel height is between 4.5-5", I can walk quite well for extended periods.  Hoping to close in on the 5" hurdle that seems so hard to get over.  I had a pair before but wrecked one of the heels putting so many miles rough city miles on them.  Will be more careful with this pair.  

• Like 2

My stiletto boots are from Italian Heels - their Tina model - and the stated five inch heel height is based on a size 38, and from there scaled up or down depending on your size, thus keeping the lines, angles and proportions consistent throughout the entire size range. As my feet are considerably bigger than size 38 the actual height of my heels are nearer 5.5 inches although the proportions and feel - the degree of difficulty if you like - would be identical to that of someone wearing a size 38 with a five inch heel. There is no possibility of “cheating” by having longer feet. The boots themselves are sold as five inch (or 12cm) heeled boots. I do like the elegance of the five inch heels - it seems to be the ideal summing up of the stiletto look -but they certainly do give the calves a workout and require a high degree of concentration. Carrying a pot if coffee back to the kitchen table where I work requires focus!

I would like to be fluid in my stiletto boots although my personal style is more for chunky heeled boots in the 3-4 inch range.

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Bootslover29 said:

So glad to find those beautiful Longchamp low boots for 10% of their original price! 

Polish_20221205_213847170_copy_1024x1024.thumb.jpg.f8d0639709246b8f917949e85f5c2513.jpg

Polish_20221205_213423513.thumb.jpg.e1abb18a338bcc4a9d21c970dbd25584.jpg

They are very comfortable and easy to walk in. 

Those are fantabulous!!!  The outfit is awesome too!!!!  Great skirt! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I wouldn’t say they looked feminine - they do look exceptionally long though but I think that’s the camera angle. They look like nice cowboy boots, perfect for wearing out and about 

I would agree, these boots are not feminine, but still have a bit of an edge with the nice pointed toes and conservatve heels.  I think you can wear these for any occasion, love how they look over the nice tight jeans.  Would love to wear them myself.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pebblesf said:

I would agree, these boots are not feminine, but still have a bit of an edge with the nice pointed toes and conservative heels.  I think you can wear these for any occasion, love how they look over the nice tight jeans.  Would love to wear them myself.  

Here's three of us for "not feminine." I wore boots very similar to this every weekend when I used to play in a country band back in the day. Back, then, the pants were full and on the outside of the boots of course.

• Like 2

Those boots are not feminine looking at all. I have several pairs similar to your style in black, navy, brown, grey, red and white. I wear them a lot and I'm always getting compliments wearing them, from both guys and gals. Incidentally I show off the whole boot because I wear them with leggings and jeggings, for all to see. Just wear them!!!!!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

I think tjhere are more guys out there who would secretly like to wear boots but just don't dare without some kind of positive affirmation or a nod that it is okay to wear them. These boots are not at all feminine and I'm sure would strike a chord with a lot of guys who would like a similar pairthemselves  

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I think tjhere are more guys out there who would secretly like to wear boots but just don't dare without some kind of positive affirmation or a nod that it is okay to wear them. These boots are not at all feminine and I'm sure would strike a chord with a lot of guys who would like a similar pairthemselves  

Exactly!

I think it'll be a long wait for anyone who hopes to see stilettos accepted as menswear by the mainstream, but chunky heeled ankle and knee boots, on the other hand, could make the grade with not too much of a push. It would heklp a lot if fashion writers would only embrace the idea that breaking traditional fashion boundaries can be for everybody, not just a select demographic.   

• Like 3