Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

Well… I got those Asos mens boots with the 3.5 inch under slung heel. One was too big, one was too small. Right was too big on the sole and footbed. However the left boot opening  is about a half inch too small and doesn’t zip to the top.

It’s fun to now discover my body is very asymmetrical, something I knew. Not gonna cry, I’ll find boots that fit me at some point.

36 minutes ago, VirginHeels said:

Well… I got those Asos mens boots with the 3.5 inch under slung heel. One was too big, one was too small. Right was too big on the sole and footbed. However the left boot opening  is about a half inch too small and doesn’t zip to the top.

It’s fun to now discover my body is very asymmetrical, something I knew. Not gonna cry, I’ll find boots that fit me at some point.

Are you suggesting that the boots were a mismatched pair (regardless of any size markings), or only that your body is the problem?   I ask because I know someone who was certainly sent two mismatched boots by ASOS (in another style, about a year ago) but he found that they fitted his slightly different feet perfectly!   Are you sending yours back?

9 hours ago, Puffer said:

Are you suggesting that the boots were a mismatched pair (regardless of any size markings), or only that your body is the problem?   I ask because I know someone who was certainly sent two mismatched boots by ASOS (in another style, about a year ago) but he found that they fitted his slightly different feet perfectly!   Are you sending yours back?

I’m suggesting that they are a little, but also I am nit symmetrical at the same time. It seems as if they are maybe a margin of error out, that 10-12mm and that is exaggerated by my calf muscles. It may be a bit of both. 

Yet, any woman's pair I have tried doesn’t have a mismatch.

The other thing I hated on them was the immensely hard and heavy heel. Everything about them was either okay or not quite there, like the lack of lining inside the boot.

On 11/28/2021 at 9:04 AM, VirginHeels said:

Traditional sizing you are correct, it’s only 2.45mm of a difference. However most woman's sizing now has gone to mens sizes for the likes of trainers and hiking boots. However for heels and traditional shoes some now use a hybrid start point that’s the case of a 1.1mm difference. That’s what I was lead to believe.

In other news, awoke this morning to a Asos notification that a pair of their mens heels are back in stock. So I have a pair with that heel that folk don’t like on their way.

Hey, you do you and we might snigger a bit but we will never think of you as a terrible person.

On 11/29/2021 at 3:05 AM, Cali said:

I was just force to buy some booties from Express, 50% off, free shipping and an extra $15 off. Total price $31. See I was forced.

Damn those cheap Chinese prices! You were totally forced indeed!

I'd buy Ali empty of shoes too if it weren't that from bitter experience I've learned that getting the right fit is next to impossible.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chorlini said:

Damn those cheap Chinese prices! You were totally forced indeed!

I'd buy Ali empty of shoes too if it weren't that from bitter experience I've learned that getting the right fit is next to impossible.

Not AliExpress, but Express,  an American fashion retailer.  I have only bought clothing from them (love their leggings/jeans and tops), so this is my try at their shoes

Edited by Cali

My wife once bought a pair of high heels from Italy, when the shoes arrived they were to left ones. We emailed the company, they said sorry and we send the heels back to get a proper pair. When that pair arrived it was to right shoes ...... we send them back also, and apparently they didn't have any pair of left and right shoes in her size anymore, so they refunded the money.

At least we had a good laugh! 😀

• Like 1

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

52 minutes ago, Isolathor said:

My wife once bought a pair of high heels from Italy, when the shoes arrived they were to left ones. We emailed the company, they said sorry and we send the heels back to get a proper pair. When that pair arrived it was to right shoes ...... we send them back also, and apparently they didn't have any pair of left and right shoes in her size anymore, so they refunded the money.

That’s hilarious. But if they had two right shoes, and two left ones, surely they could have made a usable pair - or, actually, two usable pairs.

23 hours ago, Cali said:

Not AliExpress, but Express,  an American fashion retailer.  I have only bought clothing from them (love their leggings/jeans and tops), so this is my try at their shoes

Never heard of them. Then again with American retailers you always get hit with customs charges, whereas Ali seems to be able to sneak under the radar. Cheeky Chinese buggers! So after a while you learn to stop checking for US retailers.

9 hours ago, Isolathor said:

I had me two of the same sent as well, from Ali. I just took the refund because sending them back was more money then they cost.

1 hour ago, VirginHeels said:

My Nine West Cacey 9x9 boots I got about 6 weeks ago. Love the look of there’s boots. Stable and fit well. Nice and warm. I love the slender block heel. Easy to walk in as well, a 4 inch heel is a nice sweet spot.

1A5B987E-45AA-468D-A595-34E1AA53F0C2.thumb.jpeg.9f8fdbbd0b86cd8d12171f35a865eb25.jpeg

Yeah buddy,, those boots are great...Love the nice pointed toes and rugged heels....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

These leather boots are being advertised on Etsy as '... hand embroidery custom made vintage over knee size men's boots. There is every size available. Boots height is over knee size, 58 cm, 23 inches. Heel height is 5 cm, 2 inches. Style is cowboy style.'   The price is $269.00 and sizes up to USM11.5 are available.   

I'm not a buyer but showed them to my wife with a tongue-in-cheek suggestion that she bought me them for Christmas.   Unsurprisingly, she was not amused and could not believe they were being offered as men's boots.  I do wonder just how many 'cowboys' (or other men) would wear something like this, other than perhaps for a carnival or Pride parade?   

Boots!.thumb.jpg.39003e01e650909ebbf8e0186eb6f26d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2021 at 6:06 AM, Puffer said:

These leather boots are being advertised on Etsy as '... hand embroidery custom made vintage over knee size men's boots. There is every size available. Boots height is over knee size, 58 cm, 23 inches. Heel height is 5 cm, 2 inches. Style is cowboy style.'   The price is $269.00 and sizes up to USM11.5 are available.   

I'm not a buyer but showed them to my wife with a tongue-in-cheek suggestion that she bought me them for Christmas.   Unsurprisingly, she was not amused and could not believe they were being offered as men's boots.  I do wonder just how many 'cowboys' (or other men) would wear something like this, other than perhaps for a carnival or Pride parade?   

I like flashy cowboy boots but this doesn’t appeal to me at all.  The design reminds me more of a hippie camp than the frontier.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, VirginHeels said:

I can imagine those on sone pretender on Rodeo Drive in some narcissistic wannabe rappers music video. The level of drip that would be required for that look to happen would be high.

In English (or Scottish)?

• 2 weeks later...

Went into my local small shoe boutique today.  They have been have troubles getting heels in, delays, delays.  They even started to sell some clothes because they couldn't get their shoe orders.  Today when I entered the manager came right over and showed me that they finally got in some heels.  What they had in my 4 inch ranged was the Soda Agenda in black.  I have the burgundy version (see below) and I decided to get the black too.  These Agendas are easy to walk in and great for the winter and wet.

She complimented me on my Christmas pedicure - a dark red with stripes in gold glitter. She then bought over some new Madden stiletto sandals they also got.  When she tried them on earlier she didn't have the pedicure you need to have to go with them, like mine.  LOL

We talked about what they should be getting in during the next month and what I am looking for next - replace my high heel sandals. 

AgendaJeansHH.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cali said:

... What they had in my 4 inch ranged was the Soda Agenda in black.  I have the burgundy version (see below) and I decided to get the black too.  These Agendas are easy to walk in and great for the winter and wet.

AgendaJeansHH.jpg

Given the obvious platform and the apparent heel height, you are not getting your required 4"+ rise with these, surely?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Puffer said:

Given the obvious platform and the apparent heel height, you are not getting your required 4"+ rise with these, surely?

You are right, only 3.75 inch difference, which is the lowest end, but on a rainy day these are keep me from slipping.  I'm not particularly happy with that uneasy feeling you get when your stilettoes start to slip on the wet polished floor.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Cali said:

You are right, only 3.75 inch difference, which is the lowest end, but on a rainy day these are keep me from slipping.  I'm not particularly happy with that uneasy feeling you get when your stilettoes start to slip on the wet polished floor.

This is the exact reason I do not wear, will not wear, new shoes to my favored grocery store until I've done some reconnaissance, stilettos or not. The polished tile there is the ultimate test of slippery heels! If money were no object, I would replace all of my new heels with Vibram or some such hard rubber before I ever wore the shoes outside. Some shoes come with this OEM, but not many.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New OnlyMaker cowboy boots today. Size 12US and the fit like a glove. Really comfortable and easy to walk in for a almost 4inch heel. Can’t wait to wear them, maybe exposed and not with jeans covering the heel. That would be a massive step and confidence bump.

EBC7C606-451A-427A-B69F-B2D7429D7E12.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, VirginHeels said:

New OnlyMaker cowboy boots today. Size 12US and the fit like a glove. Really comfortable and easy to walk in for a almost 4inch heel. Can’t wait to wear them, maybe exposed and not with jeans covering the heel. That would be a massive step and confidence bump.

EBC7C606-451A-427A-B69F-B2D7429D7E12.jpeg

They look good!   But can we please see some close-ups of the boots?   I assume size is USW12 = UK10?

• Like 2

On 3/7/2022 at 10:44 PM, Puffer said:

They look good!   But can we please see some close-ups of the boots?   I assume size is USW12 = UK10?

They are UK10/EU43/US12. They fit like a glove, they suck your feet in and are snug and secure. Am going to wear them tonight for a gig, fully exposed heel. I feel this will give a confidence lift and more!!!

5 Pics:

339FECA2-F17A-4306-9038-99CADF1042CE.jpeg

292D8FAE-BB92-4FCA-BFF5-EFB7AEEABE24.jpeg

75EBC901-AABC-429B-A9CB-6160C40ED73B.jpeg

4A7BF8E2-604A-42D3-AAE9-F807F6D52F50.jpeg

708CA2BB-2A5A-417F-84A6-50B33C816E8A.jpeg

• Like 5