Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

23 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Just got these Nine West ankle boots...  Brand new and very inexpensive on ebay.  US women's size 10.5 and the fit perfectly.  The exact style I love, nice pointed toes and classic stiletto heels.  Super easy to walk in with 4.5" heels and comfortable, have put a few miles on them already.  And, being ankle boots/booties, they are easy to pack.  

IMG_1090     

Lovely boots!   Last Friday, I ogled in the supermarket a very similar (but slightly more pointed) pair being worn with skinny jeans by a slim and neat grey-haired woman of at least 50.   I thought then, and again now, that this style is exactly what I would wear if (a) I could get them in my size at a fair price; (b) my courage equalled my desire!   (I can dream.)

• Like 2

On 11/1/2021 at 9:06 PM, pebblesf said:

Dang, sure glad I reviewed this thread and found this link!  Gonna have to order a pair...

I like the look of them and they fit well, but they are a cheap boot. I scuffed the hell out of one toe already. Of course they are man made uppers so not sure what I am going to do to repair them.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 1:12 AM, pebblesf said:

Just got these Nine West ankle boots...  Brand new and very inexpensive on ebay.  US women's size 10.5 and the fit perfectly.  The exact style I love, nice pointed toes and classic stiletto heels.  Super easy to walk in with 4.5" heels and comfortable, have put a few miles on them already.  And, being ankle boots/booties, they are easy to pack.  

IMG_1090 IMG_1089 IMG_1087 IMG_1086 IMG_1082 IMG_1080 IMG_1090

Yeah, I know, the levis don't fit properly inside the boots....I just pulled em up to expose the short shafts....D

Stunning indeed! Love the stiletto heel.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Stunning indeed! Love the stiletto heel.

Thanks buddy!  I even got another compliment the second day I wore them out and about....Walking by a hotel one of the male doormen asked if I "was having trouble finding my way around"...  I replied that I was doing OK, just took a few extra laps to finally find the food store.  He then went on to comment:  ".....wearing those heels must be uncomfortable stomping around on the city streets...".   I replied that they were actually pretty comfortable and felt nice.  The young man then went on to admit that "....he had always wanted to try out a cool pair of stilettos, but would never find them in his size 11 shoe."  I replied that larger sizes are a little harder to find but he should look on ebay, or at asos/onlymaker.  The young man was then called away by one of his hotel guests so the conversation ended.  Oh well, was very cool having a guy being brave enough to admit he wanted to wear heels...

• Like 5

4 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Thanks buddy!  I even got another compliment the second day I wore them out and about....Walking by a hotel one of the male doormen asked if I "was having trouble finding my way around"...  I replied that I was doing OK, just took a few extra laps to finally find the food store.  He then went on to comment:  ".....wearing those heels must be uncomfortable stomping around on the city streets...".   I replied that they were actually pretty comfortable and felt nice.  The young man then went on to admit that "....he had always wanted to try out a cool pair of stilettos, but would never find them in his size 11 shoe."  I replied that larger sizes are a little harder to find but he should look on ebay, or at asos/onlymaker.  The young man was then called away by one of his hotel guests so the conversation ended.  Oh well, was very cool having a guy being brave enough to admit he wanted to wear heels...

If you are quoting him accurately (i.e. 'would never' is correct), it appears that he was speculating about not being able to find heels in his size 11s.   But, if he said (or meant) 'could never', that would suggest that he was interested enough to have searched, but without success.   As you never had the chance to continue the conversation, we shall never know the extent of his interest, but he sounds like a potential recruit to the cause!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pebblesf said:

"....he had always wanted to try out a cool pair of stilettos, but would never find them in his size 11 shoe."  

But was that in Men's size 11 (Women's 13) or Women's size 11.  Maybe next time at that hotel you can find out.😉

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cali said:

But was that in Men's size 11 (Women's 13) or Women's size 11.  Maybe next time at that hotel you can find out.😉

Given the nature of the conversation ('his size 11'), my guess is men's 11.   But Detective Pebbles will have to investigate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Puffer said:

If you are quoting him accurately (i.e. 'would never' is correct), it appears that he was speculating about not being able to find heels in his size 11s.   But, if he said (or meant) 'could never', that would suggest that he was interested enough to have shearched, but without success.   As you never had the chance to continue the conversation, we shall never know the extent of his interest, but he sounds like a potential recruit to the cause!

Well, I'm sure my "quotes" are not 100 percent accurate....  But, I know he meant that he had a men's size 11 shoe and that he was "guessing/assuming" that finding his size (women's 13) stilettos would be difficult...  Wish I had the chance to talk more with him, but like I say, he was called away to help a hotel guest.  Will surely look for him the next time I'm in town.

On 11/3/2021 at 6:27 AM, mlroseplant said:

We do irony, but only in Facebook memes.

It pains me to no end to interrupt this banter--sometimes HHP is at its best when we're not discussing shoes--but I have an announcement to make: I have actually bought a pair of boots. I know, I know, unbelievable, but there is actual winter here in Iowa, and I'm not up to the level of that Snow Maiden woman from Togliatti, Russia.

Vince Camuto boots, 4 inch heel, no platform. They fit a little bit better in the shaft than my other boots, which is good. I paid 100 bucks for them on Poshmark. I haven't actually worn them anywhere yet, but I can already tell it will be no problem when I do. Sometimes it's good to back off on the heel height a little bit for the sake of utility.

VCBoots.jpg

VCkneehighs.jpg

Great looking boots that fit your legs nicely...

22 hours ago, Puffer said:

If you are quoting him accurately (i.e. 'would never' is correct), it appears that he was speculating about not being able to find heels in his size 11s.   But, if he said (or meant) 'could never', that would suggest that he was interested enough to have searched, but without success.   As you never had the chance to continue the conversation, we shall never know the extent of his interest, but he sounds like a potential recruit to the cause!

I've noticed that most men use "would never" when talking about heels because they really are making assumptions without actual experiences.  I often hear "I would never be able to walk in heels that high".  But you'll never know until you try... 

• Like 2

On 11/3/2021 at 12:13 AM, Pumped said:

I like the look of them and they fit well, but they are a cheap boot. I scuffed the hell out of one toe already. Of course they are man made uppers so not sure what I am going to do to repair them.

Yes, I asked the seller, they replied that they were man made materials...

I haven't bought these (nor will I) but there are two new styles from ASOS that might appeal to some, especially as both are available up to size UK12.

These leather boots (107933391; £80.00) have a block heel that looks at least 3", but with a rather thick sole and square toe.   They do look a tad unbalanced - the whole boot (and wearer) seems to be leaning forward.

image.thumb.png.2dc974cc316975d4f29db3b2e4e2091c.png

These are also leather and wide fit (107933390; £70) and the round heel looks close to 4".  Again, they have a thickish sole and a very square toe.   They are also available up to UK13 in a standard width.

image.png

If anyone buys either style, a review here would be interesting.

Edited by Puffer
  • Like 1

Asos have 28 styles of men's footwear that they called "heeled": https://www.asos.com/men/shoes-boots-trainers/cat/?cid=4209&currentpricerange=0-220&refine=attribute_1046:8642

The mere fact that Asos have a category of mens footwear they call "heeled" means that they regard it as something approaching mainstream. OK, they're pretty modest heels by some guy's standards but it's a good start.

Edited by at9
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Shyheels said:

The second pair look very, very Seventies. 

Really?   I don't recall any nominally male footwear like that, with such a high and rounded heel.   And platform boots usually had a thicker sole.

If you mean a woman's style, you may be right - there was no lack of variety (or poor taste) in that decade.

Wore these new Bed Stü boots for the first time today. I started the day with the jeans tucked into them but decided I liked the look of the jeans over them in the end. Heel is about 3.5” and pretty easy to walk in

6B359320-9E27-4075-8157-59BADFE88152.jpeg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

Wore these new Bed Stü boots for the first time today. I started the day with the jeans tucked into them but decided I liked the look of the jeans over them in the end. Heel is about 3.5” and pretty easy to walk in

6B359320-9E27-4075-8157-59BADFE88152.jpeg

Great looking boots, love how perfectly the jeans fit also

• Like 1

ASOS seems to be expanding its range of women's footwear in large sizes, although some styles are being criticised by buyers as being smaller or narrower than the description implies - so care is needed.

These caught my eye: Elly black fabric sock boots with a heel that is probably 4.5" for £38.00.   Available up to a claimed UK13.

23637444-1-black?$n_480w$&wid=476&fit=constrain

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Puffer said:

These caught my eye:

23637444-1-black?$n_480w$&wid=476&fit=constrain

An interesting design, but i´m afraid not to my liking ..... 😉

2 hours ago, Cali said:

..... but the heel was just 3.5 inches so I passed on them.

Understandable, no high heels, at least in Germany. For us high heels start at 4"! 😇

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)