Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

Looks like you order by UK size from Amazon. So did you order UK9 and were they marked US(womens)12? At least in theory, UK9 = US (womens) 11 though size conversion is notoriously erratic.

I ordered a UK10, a US12, They sent me a UK9, a US11. I’m not unhappy as they fit well, and fit like a damn glove. The sizes are erratic I’ll admit. Not gonna complain as I now know my size, I could see me getting these again in another colour.

15 hours ago, VirginHeels said:

I ordered a UK10, a US12, They sent me a UK9, a US11. I’m not unhappy as they fit well, and fit like a damn glove. The sizes are erratic I’ll admit. Not gonna complain as I now know my size, I could see me getting these again in another colour.

Was there any explanation of not sending you what you actually ordered?   Regardless of whether they (fortunately) run large and therefore fit you, I would not expect a substitution to be made without consultation.

2 hours ago, Puffer said:

Was there any explanation of not sending you what you actually ordered?   Regardless of whether they (fortunately) run large and therefore fit you, I would not expect a substitution to be made without consultation.

There was no explanation. I am in full agreement with your point on consultation. Sometimes we hit it lucky on sizing, this one I’m putting it as a win, sometimes we loose. As my mum taught me, if it lands in your lap say nought, if it doesn’t, stand your ground.

• 1 month later...

Here is a couple of purchases from the other day.  I got them both in a thrift store for less that 20 bucks!  the brown ones are le chateau brand with a 3 1/2" chunky heel.  The gray ones are suzy shier brand with a 3 1/2" stiletto heel.  Cant wait to take both pairs out for a spin.

boot2.jpg

boot.jpg

Edited by Mr. X
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Here is a couple of purchases from the other day.  I got them both in a thrift store for less that 20 bucks!  the brown ones are le chateau brand with a 3 1/2" chunky heel.  The gray ones are suzy shier brand with a 3 1/2" stiletto heel.  Cant wait to take both pairs out for a spin.

boot2.jpg

boot.jpg

I like both @Mr. X but particularly the ankle boots. Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I brought these recently from ASOS, quirky little 3 1/2” heels and pretty comfortable to wear 

0755CCE8-5576-4608-8188-BD300CB0E137.jpeg

Just now, maninboots said:

I brought these recently from ASOS, quirky little 3 1/2” heels and pretty comfortable to wear 

0755CCE8-5576-4608-8188-BD300CB0E137.jpeg

0060312F-A2E0-4821-8897-C13438A96752.jpeg

• Like 6

Visiting the Louboutin corner at LA SAMARITAINE Paris.

21100509303822178917602392.jpg
The salesman was very kind, and proposed me to try some knee boots I was looking at.

Unfortunately, size 41 wasn't available! 😭

Edited by Bootslover29
  • Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Cali said:

Nice booties. 

Thanks Cali!  I even got a compliment while strolling around.  While waiting for the light to turn, a young man said"  "I like your kicks....".  I thanked him, then he said:  "...they look like something Prince would wear".  I modestly accepted the compliment but added that Prince was certainly an inspiration to me.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

A joke. Did he write him a good reference 

Odd left field joke, explain as it seems nobody got it.

Pebblesf, nice looking boots, enjoy them. Hope the rear fitted heels hold up for you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jkrenzer said:

Pebblesf, nice looking boots, enjoy them. Hope the rear fitted heels hold up for you.

I really do like the look and fit of this style heel...But, like any other stiletto, I'm sure I will be replacing the heel tips often and will only get a couple of years out of the boots...  But that is OK, I am really enjoying them and they would very reasonably priced for brand new nine west boots...

On 7/12/2021 at 10:21 PM, Pumped said:

I ran across these the other day, curious how they will hold up as they are not real leather, but I love the style. Mata Slayer boots

Dang, sure glad I reviewed this thread and found this link!  Gonna have to order a pair...

44 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Did he write you a good one?

OK, I get it now....  Guess I'm not the brightest bulb in the string...

1 hour ago, Jkrenzer said:

I guess American humour is different. You guys don’t really do irony 

Edited by Shyheels