Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

3 hours ago, VirginHeels said:

ASOS have a massive sale on right now. Something that some may want to take advantage of as they have the Recite boots for not much more than £10. Many others for a bargain.

UK guys, just a heads up, as we head out of lockdown, be prepared for a massive sale in Debenhams and others who will be closing for good shortly.

Alas, very little in larger sizes.   The Recite boots in black only in UK 8 or 9.

On 4/4/2021 at 8:33 AM, spikesmike said:

pebblesf : When you went for your " moderna " shot, were you wearing your high heels ? If so, What was there reaction ?Mike 

I actually did get my second Moderna jab in high heels, but that was kind of accidental. I didn’t expect to get it that day, they just had some extra doses left over when I stuck my head in the pharmacy. But since I don’t have a picture, I suppose it never really happened. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, AlexC94 said:

New Pleaser boots arrived today. They came all the way from Los Angeles to me because they were sold out on UK sites.

IMG_12042021_164606_(918_x_1632_pixel).jpg

Oh yeah, those hot boots were worth the wait for sure...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It was over a 3-month wait for the custom MJ boots, but worth it.  I sent in my foot measurements, and they fit perfectly.  I also much prefer this toe shape versus the pointed "sharp" toe, the overall look is slimmer.  Now I'll have to plan what to order next - thinking something even taller...

spacer.png

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

It was over a 3-month wait for the custom MJ boots, but worth it.  I sent in my foot measurements, and they fit perfectly.  I also much prefer this toe shape versus the pointed "sharp" toe, the overall look is slimmer.  Now I'll have to plan what to order next - thinking something even taller...

spacer.png

Good choice !
I should buy them in matte and not patent .

I went to the Shoe Department Encore store yesterday with the intent to buy these:

Ankle/Bootie Impo Penny, Black, hi-res

Penny by Impo.  These are a bit out of my comfort range as the heel is higher than I typically can wear and they have a platform that I'm also usually not attracted to, but I wanted to challenge myself.  Unfortunately, they were not comfortable as something was causing pain on the big toe of my right foot when I was walking in them in the store.  So I thought it best to take a pass as I would not have been able to wear them very long, though maybe they would have stretched a bit.  In the store, I thought I was pretty much by myself in the aisle, but just as I was zipping up the right boot a female sales clerk was asking if I needed any help and just after she said the words she noticed what I was doing and let out a kind of surprised "oh".  I said I was doing fine and she proceeded to walk away while I put on the other boot.  As I was walking the aisle I noticed she had gone to the checkout counter and was talking to the other clerk, probably about the old guy trying on heels....lol.  I do wish they had fit comfortably, as they would have been a challenge to walk in outdoors.  I'd guess the heel in size 11 was likely in the 4 3/4" range, and even with the small platform, they felt fairly high, and were definitely a bit on the wobbly side, which would have added to the challenge.  Oh well, hopefully I find something else.

• Like 4

It was warm enough for shorts this morning so I snapped pictures with the boots on full display:

spacer.png

I ran a bunch of errands all over the county wearing them and just love that feeling of being in 4" heels for an extended time again.  Half an inch is a huge difference in feeling, and 4" might just be that sweet spot for me.  

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, RonC said:

I went to the Shoe Department Encore store yesterday with the intent to buy these:

Ankle/Bootie Impo Penny, Black, hi-res

Penny by Impo.  These are a bit out of my comfort range as the heel is higher than I typically can wear and they have a platform that I'm also usually not attracted to, but I wanted to challenge myself.  Unfortunately, they were not comfortable as something was causing pain on the big toe of my right foot when I was walking in them in the store.  So I thought it best to take a pass as I would not have been able to wear them very long, though maybe they would have stretched a bit.  In the store, I thought I was pretty much by myself in the aisle, but just as I was zipping up the right boot a female sales clerk was asking if I needed any help and just after she said the words she noticed what I was doing and let out a kind of surprised "oh".  I said I was doing fine and she proceeded to walk away while I put on the other boot.  As I was walking the aisle I noticed she had gone to the checkout counter and was talking to the other clerk, probably about the old guy trying on heels....lol.  I do wish they had fit comfortably, as they would have been a challenge to walk in outdoors.  I'd guess the heel in size 11 was likely in the 4 3/4" range, and even with the small platform, they felt fairly high, and were definitely a bit on the wobbly side, which would have added to the challenge.  Oh well, hopefully I find something else.

I understand your reluctance to purchase any pair of shoes that are uncomfortable, I don’t blame you on passing on them.  As I learned early on from my wife, there is nothing more aggravating to ruin one’s good mood than wearing a pair of shoes that are even the slightest bit uncomfortable.  I purchased two pair of Nine West ankle boots that are remarkably similar to the pair in your picture that I have worn for the past two winters.  I have had great fortune with Nine West over the years as their “Lasts” for size 10 1/2 fit me extremely well.  And, I have worn them everywhere for literally days and hours on end without the slightest discomfort.  In fact, now that warmer weather has arrived I am reluctant to set them aside and switch to my wedge and stiletto heel sandals that are far more appropriate for my summer lifestyle and the hot/humid weather here in the sunny southeastern part of our country.  Don’t give up on finding a pair of properly fitting shoes with higher heels.  I find that shoes with 4 1/2 or 5” heels are worth the effort of learning to wear because they really enhance the entire experience and feeling you get when wearing heels.

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

6 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

The day is not over yet and I'm still loving being in the new boots.  My feet look so small with the jeans over them... 

Nice boots, but the shiny leather and the colour contrast between uppers and sole/heel makes them stand out, even when worn under trousers.   Does that worry you when wearing them in public?   Any obvious reaction?

9 hours ago, Puffer said:

Nice boots, but the shiny leather and the colour contrast between uppers and sole/heel makes them stand out, even when worn under trousers.   Does that worry you when wearing them in public?   Any obvious reaction?

I own so many pairs of all black shoes and I miss being a little more expressive, so it was kind of my intention to go for something a little more expressive this time.  I’m used to people asking me about my cowboy boots.  When I was waiting in line to order dinner last night the lady behind me said she liked my cowboy boots, and then stopped and asked if they are cowboy boots, because of the unique look.  When I confirmed that they are cowboy boots she asked to see the uppers and the stitching, so I lifted a pant leg.  The whole family oooh and aaah at the boots, and commented on how those are how real riding boots should look.  

On 5/14/2021 at 5:44 PM, Bubba136 said:

Don’t give up on finding a pair of properly fitting shoes with higher heels.  I find that shoes with 4 1/2 or 5” heels are worth the effort of learning to wear because they really enhance the entire experience and feeling you get when wearing heels.

If those boots hadn't had the platform, I likely would not be able to wear them due to some foot issues I have related to medications.  I would have enjoyed the challenge but I have no desire for a 5" heel as quite honestly I do not even like the look of a five incher too much.  Some can be nice, but in general not my cup of tea.

15 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

I own so many pairs of all black shoes and I miss being a little more expressive, so it was kind of my intention to go for something a little more expressive this time.  I’m used to people asking me about my cowboy boots.  When I was waiting in line to order dinner last night the lady behind me said she liked my cowboy boots, and then stopped and asked if they are cowboy boots, because of the unique look.  When I confirmed that they are cowboy boots she asked to see the uppers and the stitching, so I lifted a pant leg.  The whole family oooh and aaah at the boots, and commented on how those are how real riding boots should look.  

I'm glad to hear that you like them, and that others seem to approve!   In the UK, 'cowboy boots' are not commonly seen in public (except perhaps for line dancing or similar 'costume' activities) and would certainly attract some (potentially adverse) attention, particularly if having visible and significantly high heels (3" or more) or with long/decorated shafts.   Unfortunate but true.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Puffer said:

I'm glad to hear that you like them, and that others seem to approve!   In the UK, 'cowboy boots' are not commonly seen in public (except perhaps for line dancing or similar 'costume' activities) and would certainly attract some (potentially adverse) attention, particularly if having visible and significantly high heels (3" or more) or with long/decorated shafts.   Unfortunate but true.

What would the adverse attention be? I wore my cowboy boots with 3” heels for my entire trip in the UK, and my wife said that there were a lot of people staring at my shoes.  If something is uncommon, then yes, people will stare and it will attract attention, but none of it was ever adverse to me.  I am comfortable with people taking a second look at something they don’t see often.  If anything, I welcome it as that is often how we get inspiration and understanding of each other as different people.  And if they don’t like the aesthetic, that is fine, it doesn’t hurt me.  

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 10:12 PM, p1ng74 said:

The day is not over yet and I'm still loving being in the new boots.  My feet look so small with the jeans over them... 

spacer.png

Hmmm, I understand you concern...Which is one reason I usually stick to pointed toe boots...My feet aren't that big to begin with, but looked freakishly small (to me anyway), when I had a pair of round toe boots with a slight platform and wore them with conventional levis...

4 hours ago, Puffer said:

What a great compliment indeed....Finally had a compliment last weekend in Chicago while wearing my Zara boots.  A nice looking (well dressed) young man caught up with me and said:  "cute shoes"....  Not quite the compliment I was looking for, but welcomed it just the same with a smile and a thankyou....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Hmmm, I understand you concern...Which is one reason I usually stick to pointed toe boots...My feet aren't that big to begin with, but looked freakishly small (to me anyway), when I had a pair of round toe boots with a slight platform and wore them with conventional levis...

What a great compliment indeed....Finally had a compliment last weekend in Chicago while wearing my Zara boots.  A nice looking (well dressed) young man caught up with me and said:  "cute shoes"....  Not quite the compliment I was looking for, but welcomed it just the same with a smile and a thankyou....

Actually, I like slimmer look - it's like one of the trademarks of heels.  You're right, it's not just an illusion, the toe shape matters.  Here's a comparison of two boots of the same size that fit the same:

spacer.png

30 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

Actually, I like slimmer look - it's like one of the trademarks of heels.  You're right, it's not just an illusion, the toe shape matters.  Here's a comparison of two boots of the same size that fit the same:

spacer.png

Don't get me wrong, I do like some square toe boot styles, especially harness boots....Just wish my feet were bigger...

5 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

What would the adverse attention be? I wore my cowboy boots with 3” heels for my entire trip in the UK, and my wife said that there were a lot of people staring at my shoes.  If something is uncommon, then yes, people will stare and it will attract attention, but none of it was ever adverse to me.  I am comfortable with people taking a second look at something they don’t see often.  If anything, I welcome it as that is often how we get inspiration and understanding of each other as different people.  And if they don’t like the aesthetic, that is fine, it doesn’t hurt me.  

I don't understand that either. I live in the UK and regularly wear knee boots over my jeans and I’ve never had so much as a sideways glance. Nor could I imagine anyone making any comments about cowboy boots.

I think is just a case of being self conscious and fretting too much about something that nobody else is going to care about at all.

2 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I don't understand that either. I live in the UK and regularly wear knee boots over my jeans and I’ve never had so much as a sideways glance. Nor could I imagine anyone making any comments about cowboy boots.

I think is just a case of being self conscious and fretting too much about something that nobody else is going to care about at all.

True...We all think the whole world is watching every time we step out in heels.  Part of this is paranoia for sure, but we think that others care about foot wear as much as we do....It took me many years to get over this...I realized I was progressing one day when I was out and about and completely forgot I was wearing my boots!....

Having a boot bud/gal along is always a great confidence booster....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

I suggested 'potentially adverse' attention, on the basis that anything unusual which might be considered not to accord with normal male street wear could give rise to quizzical if not critical looks or comment, noticeable or otherwise.   With great respect to p1ing74 (whom I admire), his overall appearance (cowboy boots included) in the UK is sufficiently 'different' as to draw some attention, as indeed his wife noticed.   I am glad to know that he detected nothing adverse but concealed cowboy boots with 3" heels are quite tame - I wear the similar ones in my avatar without any issues, although I know they have been 'spotted' on occasions with a raised eyebrow or three.   I do however suggest that his new tall decorated cowboy boots with a contrasting 4" heel are in another league and would very likely give rise to some reaction in the UK, albeit not necessarily of a critical or condemnatory nature.      

4 hours ago, Shyheels said:

You are entitled to your opinion based on your own experience but we are not talking here of plain 'cowboy' boots or even knee boots.   I don't think you have publicly worn long heeled boots as distinctive as those of p1ing74, or could do so without some quizzical reaction.   

In practice, perhaps fewer than 5% of passers-by would really notice 'unusual' footwear, and only a very few of them would say or do anything that might be considered unpleasant or remotely threatening.   But as far as I am concerned, it is not so much a question of being self-conscious, more a matter of self-preservation in an unknown situation. 

People can give quizzical, even critical looks and comments on what I am wearing, and I don’t have a problem with it.  They are free to express themselves as freely as I dress myself.  When you refer to threats, are you now referring to physical dangers, beyond just verbal and emotional dangers?