Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

2 hours ago, CAT said:

THOSE ARE FLIPPIN FANTABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIVE IT UP,,,,, WHERE DID YOU ORDER THEM FROM!!!!!!!!!!!

I found them on Poshmark but are originally from shoedazzle. 

5 hours ago, Isolathor said:

One pair of straps is missing? 4 in 2nd picture and 5 in the 1st picture?

I removed them as soon as I received them. I like the look with the fewer straps. Good observation though.😁

Got another pair of those Cuban Heels I got a few weeks ago, this time in suede, just need to waterproof them now. Went one size further down to a 9UK/43EU and I like the tighter feel now, no heel slippage.

I also got a pair of Chelsea style Snakeskin effect ones (https://www.shuperb.co.uk/club-cubano-mccartney-mens-leather-winklepicker-cuban-heel-boots-python-p17951) and they look the part.

2.5 inch, maybe to 3.25 inch may be my daily height, I am looking at a pair of Miguel Jones cowboy boots, with a 3.75-4 inch heel. If they can do a conical heel I’d love that. Something that gives a nice click.

Going for my vaccine today, so will be driving a decent distance, same for walking and encountering stairs for the first time, both up and down. 

I can report that yesterday’s outing was a success. Driving is no issue, I feel safer driving in heels than without. Got out the car, the click is assuredly loud enough in the car park. Going down the stairs was easy, hold the handrail - right? On the cobbled floor walking was easy, then got to the venue, loads of flooring changes, nice slippery surfaces, the heel click was beautiful. Got checked in, got my shot of the AstraZeneca, then waited 10 minutes as I was driving, it’s different and difficult to imagine the venue is where I’ve seen some of my favourite bands/artists play to massive crowds. Then the longish walk back to the car, the heel click is something I’m getting addicted to, got some looks from some blokes, got a thumbs up from a woman who was wearing brown 5.5 inch heel boots. Again, apart from going shopping or going for a jab, folks here are getting dressed for going out. The stairs were again no issue going up. Then the drive home. I almost fell in the door as I misplanted a heel and didn’t get any on the step going in the house.

I look forward to every time I can wear my heels now. Now my suede pair are waterproof now, I can wear them.

Now for the side affects of the vaccine. Stiff/sore shoulder, sore back, feeling a little foggy in the brain like I’ve got a cold. One step closer to being able to go shopping for nice jeans/trousers to show my heels off more and possibly buy some more heels in a shop setting.

• Like 2

I hope you do better than I did with the vaccine. I had it last Wednesday.  The following day for me was a total write off. Felt absolutely horrible. Thankfully it lasted only the day...

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 2

I had the Pfizer last month. Slight arm soreness and a day of flu like symptoms. Amongst my friends, who have had both Pfizer and O-AZ, reactions have varied from no problem at all to a few days of flu like symptoms. All well within normal range and far better than catching Covid with all its risks.

Just seen a very positive report of the O-AZ jab trials in the USA. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56479462

Let's hope that the manufacturers can scale up production and get the various vaccines to everyone in all countries quickly. And that the virus doesn't mutate in a way that overtakes the vaccines.

Edited by at9
Added notes
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, VirginHeels said:

I can report that yesterday’s outing was a success. Driving is no issue, I feel safer driving in heels than without. Got out the car, the click is assuredly loud enough in the car park. Going down the stairs was easy, hold the handrail - right? On the cobbled floor walking was easy, then got to the venue, loads of flooring changes, nice slippery surfaces, the heel click was beautiful. Got checked in, got my shot of the AstraZeneca, then waited 10 minutes as I was driving, it’s different and difficult to imagine the venue is where I’ve seen some of my favourite bands/artists play to massive crowds. Then the longish walk back to the car, the heel click is something I’m getting addicted to, got some looks from some blokes, got a thumbs up from a woman who was wearing brown 5.5 inch heel boots. Again, apart from going shopping or going for a jab, folks here are getting dressed for going out. The stairs were again no issue going up. Then the drive home. I almost fell in the door as I misplanted a heel and didn’t get any on the step going in the house.

I look forward to every time I can wear my heels now. Now my suede pair are waterproof now, I can wear them.

Now for the side affects of the vaccine. Stiff/sore shoulder, sore back, feeling a little foggy in the brain like I’ve got a cold. One step closer to being able to go shopping for nice jeans/trousers to show my heels off more and possibly buy some more heels in a shop setting.

I assume that the boots you were wearing are those with cuban heels of around 2.5"?   If so, they should give you no trouble when walking on normal surfaces or negotiating stairs etc, but the modest elevation will feel a little strange at first.   I'm surprised that people even noticed them, let alone reacted, unless your gait was perhaps a little awkward or (more likely) the heels were particularly 'clicky'.   But no harm done and all seems positive and encouraging!   (I had very similar experiences when I first wore cuban heels about 12 years ago - a little unnerving at first but the sky didn't fall in, and nor did I.   But my heels were rubber and much quieter.)

On Friday, I went shopping locally in my ASOS Recite boots (3.9" blocky heel), worn under bootcut jeans.   No issues at all in what was a good mile's trek to and from the shops.   Yes, I expect the fact that I was wearing heels that were a little noisier and narrower and much higher than those intended for men would have been apparent to anyone closely observing me from behind, but I didn't detect anything.   And nor did I care anyway; I was comfortable and confident.   But do I have enough courage to wear the same boots fully visible with ordinary-length straight jeans?   I want to do so but can't quite grasp the opportunity, at least not in my home area.

As others have said, the effects of the Covid jab seems to vary.   My AZ was fine, with just a little soreness at the point of penetration for 24 hours.   My wife likewise with Pfizer.

• Like 2

They are quite clicky, the right one especially. I’m experiencing the same, the sky don’t fall in.

Im planning a pair of MJ cowboy boots with a 3.75 inch heel. Something with a bit of a click. Once we are allowed out again, I’m going to a discount outlet where there’s tons of names and tons of deals. I’m overhauling my wardrobe, want items that will be with me for decades now. Might see a pair of higher heels I like there.

Im tired now, the vaccine is killing me, just tiredness and sore body parts now, and a brain fog. 

• Like 1

I got the pfizer shots...

first one, sore arm for 2 days

second shot, sore arm 1 day, foggy for 3 days

My daughter had about the same results when she got her pfizer shots in January. 

1 hour ago, Cali said:

I got the pfizer shots...

first one, sore arm for 2 days

second shot, sore arm 1 day, foggy for 3 days

My daughter had about the same results when she got her pfizer shots in January. 

I get my second pfizer this Sat. Foggy, how bad?

1 hour ago, Jkrenzer said:

I get my second pfizer this Sat. Foggy, how bad?

Lazy, no energy, just didn't want to do anything for 3 days. I had 160 exams to grade and didn't want to look at them. Paying the price now.  No fever, running noise, or anything like that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VirginHeels said:

Im planning a pair of MJ cowboy boots with a 3.75 inch heel. Something with a bit of a click.

I ordered a pair of MJ boots in February with 4” heels.  I hear he has about a 2 month turnaround, and I am getting excited in anticipation.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

I ordered a pair of MJ boots in February with 4” heels.  I hear he has about a 2 month turnaround, and I am getting excited in anticipation.  

Can’t wait to see them!!

Im looking at a 13 or 16 inch shaft, 3.75 or even 4 inch heel, conical or his thin heel in ostrich leather for the foot and another leather for the shaft with no embroidery, apart from on top of the foot. Looking at that butterscotch colour with natural coloured heel/sole.

They will be my party/going to gigs heels. My Tony Lamas with a 1 5/8 inch heel are like wearing flats now.

• Thanks 1

I've had both Pfizer shots.  First one a little soreness in the arm at injection site.  Second one I had much more soreness and it lasted a couple days.  No other impacts.  Wife had her second Pfizer today.  First one nothing, but she said her arm hurts a bit today.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Thighboots4 said:

Just received my tallest pair of boots. So pleased I just ordered them in red too. 47F486F1-5DFF-4BDA-971E-1779285FDD5C.thumb.png.67f18c7628cf2bfcb99f71c40bfee6ff.png

They are stunning, and fit your great legs perfectly, extremely powerful outfit....What brand/size are they?

On 3/22/2021 at 8:41 PM, RonC said:

I've had both Pfizer shots.  First one a little soreness in the arm at injection site.  Second one I had much more soreness and it lasted a couple days.  No other impacts.  Wife had her second Pfizer today.  First one nothing, but she said her arm hurts a bit today.

Just got my second moderna shot yesterday..No issues except a very sore arm, so far....

2 hours ago, spikesmike said:

pebblesf : When you went for your " moderna " shot, were you wearing your high heels ? If so, What was there reaction ?Mike 

254593_2145202075310_1404016199_32606146_3169060_n.jpg

No, was at home for the shot..."The boss" doesn't tolerate my boots...But, I do have another funny story...My back has been out for a few weeks now, finally dragged myself back to work with a few ice packs.  During the layover, I decided to wear my Sam Edelman boots on the hunt for pizza in center city Philly.  Surprisingly enough, wearing my boots was easy, no back issues.  Walked around looking for the suggested pizza spots, only to find nothing except more upscale stuff.  Finally found a hole in the wall mom and pop pizza joint, which is what I prefer.  Bought a few slices and headed back for the hotel, or at least I though so.  I must have walked around for almost an hour, probably logged a few miles, finally found the main road I "thought" the hotel was on....Walked up and down, no Cambria Suites to be found... It was almost 10PM now, and pretty cold out.  I finally stopped and bothered a cop who was sitting in his car.  At first he said he had never heard of Cambria Suites, then started messing with his phone, finally found it.  The nice cop took pity on me saying it's better that I give you a ride back to the hotel than find you beat up in an alley somewhere...I had never ridden in the back of a cop car, not much room back there at all...By this time, my back was not real eager to lower me into and out of that back seat, not to mention I had 4" boots on.  I thanked the cop, even offered him a slice of what now was cold pizza, he thanked me but declined as we pulled up to the Cambria.  The beauty part of this embarrassment was that I had forgotten I was wearing boots by now, and wasn't worried that the cop would surely notice while helping me in and out of the "cage".  

Going back to the chiropractor for follow up tomorrow, I plan to ask her opinion about wearing 4" heels, and weather she feels they hinder my recovery....

Yeah, yeah, I know....Should of used the GPS on the phone, but hopelessly stuck in the 80s.

PS:  Spikes, looks like the fellow next to you in the picture noticed your heels, any comments/compliment?

• Like 2

pebbesf : The picture you are referring to was a day a few years ago . I was at this Mall for a " Walk a Mile in her Shoes" event . The mall was crowded for the occasion . This was just one of many people I spoke with that day . Always jetting comments - like , You don't seem to have any trouble walking in heels like those , or , I cant wear heels any more , or , Don't those hurt your feel ? Why do you wear those ? I usually respond with something stupid like - I never go anywhere bear footed, or , These aren't even my highest heels . <-- True . In truth, I have not received a negative comment for many years. Final - I am never anywhere in public or at home unless I wear high stiletto heels . Mikepost-26480-133522947761_thumb.jpg58d6a47a8755a_DSCF5236(5).thumb.JPG.4045027821e3b3dff49d5ed5784d6ba0.JPG

• Like 6

On 4/4/2021 at 11:57 AM, pebblesf said:

No, was at home for the shot..."The boss" doesn't tolerate my boots...But, I do have another funny story...My back has been out for a few weeks now, finally dragged myself back to work with a few ice packs.  During the layover, I decided to wear my Sam Edelman boots on the hunt for pizza in center city Philly.  Surprisingly enough, wearing my boots was easy, no back issues.  Walked around looking for the suggested pizza spots, only to find nothing except more upscale stuff.  Finally found a hole in the wall mom and pop pizza joint, which is what I prefer.  Bought a few slices and headed back for the hotel, or at least I though so.  I must have walked around for almost an hour, probably logged a few miles, finally found the main road I "thought" the hotel was on....Walked up and down, no Cambria Suites to be found... It was almost 10PM now, and pretty cold out.  I finally stopped and bothered a cop who was sitting in his car.  At first he said he had never heard of Cambria Suites, then started messing with his phone, finally found it.  The nice cop took pity on me saying it's better that I give you a ride back to the hotel than find you beat up in an alley somewhere...I had never ridden in the back of a cop car, not much room back there at all...By this time, my back was not real eager to lower me into and out of that back seat, not to mention I had 4" boots on.  I thanked the cop, even offered him a slice of what now was cold pizza, he thanked me but declined as we pulled up to the Cambria.  The beauty part of this embarrassment was that I had forgotten I was wearing boots by now, and wasn't worried that the cop would surely notice while helping me in and out of the "cage".  

Going back to the chiropractor for follow up tomorrow, I plan to ask her opinion about wearing 4" heels, and weather she feels they hinder my recovery....

Yeah, yeah, I know....Should of used the GPS on the phone, but hopelessly stuck in the 80s.

PS:  Spikes, looks like the fellow next to you in the picture noticed your heels, any comments/compliment?

Another visit to the chiropractor yesterday...Asked her about wearing boots with "moderate heels".  She said that in my case, a "reasonable heel" can help my posture and relieve pain.  My lowest disk is messed up, so bending over is a big no no.  She said that heels somewhat naturally improve my posture and cause me to arch my back slightly, which is helpful.  We both had a laugh when I told her about getting lost...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

I also have damaged lowest disks. And feel some relief with heels. Even more if I pay attention to keep the abs tight. 

Never ask my chiropractor. Much too afraid he could say I am crazy. 

Mine pretty much figured out I was looney after admitting I got lost walking around center city!  Figured the heels inquiry wouldn't be much of a surprise at that point....

• Like 1

ASOS have a massive sale on right now. Something that some may want to take advantage of as they have the Recite boots for not much more than £10. Many others for a bargain.

UK guys, just a heads up, as we head out of lockdown, be prepared for a massive sale in Debenhams and others who will be closing for good shortly.

• Like 1