Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

3 hours ago, Cali said:

Don't take too long to think about it or they will be gone, at least in your size.  That's what happens to me a lot of the time.  Load your "cart" before 7 pm then wait until 7 to checkout.  I just missed a faux fur hoodie because I waited too long

Yes, that is exactly what I would do if purchasing - which I have decided not to this time (with an hour left to regret it!).

3 hours ago, at9 said:

Order more than 1 size and return as needed. All free.

Yes, I would have ordered both sizes (separately, to ensure Quidco cashback on anything kept) and returned the unwanted.   Free in this case but not always so, e.g. if a minumum order was not met.

• Like 1

Just ordered a pair of knee boots from Nine West. Model is "Gabal". I ordered them in white. Been watching the price go down from $159.00 last week to $69.00 today, with free shipping. I wanted the white pair as I have many colors of Nine West boots, but this will be the first pair in white. Can't wait till they get here.https://ninewest.com/products/gabal-heeled-boots-in-white-leather

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bailey said:

New boots with some "bling".

Some "bling"???? I hate to see what "a lot of" bling looks like.

I'm afraid to get boots like this because they would be hard to wear to work.

spikesmike: I think too much bling might be too distracting in my work environment. With the number of shoes I have and wear, I need to only add shoes that I know I can wear almost anywhere.  The Nine West Kimys, in Black and Wine, were what I had been looking for:  Knee high; leather; at least 4 inch differential; full zipper.  The full zipper was hard to find, but I need it.

Above, those are nice shoeties, but I just got some blue suede Jessica Simpsons lace ups like that and now I have enough stilettos

My next purchases will be to replace some of my summer wedge sandals.  The faux leather has delaminated, but I wore them for 6 years.

From my post over on the men’s sun forum. I’ve got my first heels coming. After getting my feet measured, and finding out I’m wearing a larger shoe for comfort, I’m a size 10 male US, so a size 12 ladies, I done my homework and found a inexpensive brand Bella Vita and found a size 12 in a wide fitting to give me room. Now to wait the 6-11 days to get them.

I got these boots:

https://www.nordstrom.com/s/bella-vita-bronx-bootie-women/5720235?origin=category-personalizedsort&breadcrumb=Home%2FWomen%2FShoes%2FBoots&fashionsize=8%3A12~~17&fashionwidth=8%3Ae~~6&color=black suede

Time to get some black jeans and I’ve got the look I want. Can’t wait!!!

To be honest, I can’t stop watching those videos of folk wearing 4-6 inch black leather stilettos with jeans or nice trousers. One day I’ll hopefully be able to be able to do this in public.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, VirginHeels said:

Thanks! I’m already practicing with heel-toe. Even when out on my 4.5-7K power walks. Practice makes perfect, and perfect gives you confidence.

I wouldn't worry about "practicing" heel-toe. Unless one has a disability, that's how humans walk normally. The heel height you have chosen to begin with should not change the mechanics of your walk significantly. The chief factor in your walk at this point is a stylistic preference--do you wish to make your walk more graceful than it likely naturally is as a male? This has been harder for me personally than I thought it would be. It has required a conscious effort that is just now becoming second nature. Not everyone on this forum necessarily agrees with me on this subject, but most do. There are plenty of women out there who "walk like a man," and I think they look equally ridiculous walking in heels like that. This number may or may not include my wife.

• Like 2

I don’t think one has to adopt a feminine walk to move gracefully in heels, although we have been so conditioned to seeing women in heels that we therefor make the assumption that a feminine gait is a requirement to mastering heels. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

I don’t think one has to adopt a feminine walk to move gracefully in heels, although we have been so conditioned to seeing women in heels that we therefor make the assumption that a feminine gait is a requirement to mastering heels. 

I agree.  In fact, I'm hoping I have a somewhat masculine gait while walking in my boots, but who knows.  To me, the key is moving/walking smoothly, almost like you were wearing nikes.  Needless to say, having a feminine gait while in heels is great also, but that is something I could not pull off successfully...

I just like looking at ease in my heels and with the 3.5" cuban heels on my boots - otk and ankle boots both - it is not hard. I've been wearing my otk boots so much lately that I barely notice they have heels at all. I just like the boots. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I just like looking at ease in my heels and with the 3.5" cuban heels on my boots - otk and ankle boots both - it is not hard. I've been wearing my otk boots so much lately that I barely notice they have heels at all. I just like the boots. 

I love it when I'm so at ease that I forget I'm wearing my boots!

• Like 3

I agree with wanting to look at ease when walking in heels.  That is a big part of why I don't go too high, as I know I cannot walk with any ease or gracefulness when the heels are beyond my 4" or so limit.  I don't try to walk like a woman as such, not the crossing of one foot in front of another, but I try to shorten my step and not look like a hulk either.

• Like 3

It's not about the height, but rather the styling as far as I am concerned. I like ankle boots with 3- to 4-nch heels and feel absolutely no desire to wear anything higher. To me the proportions start to look wrong - rather hunched - if one goes any higher. I have a pair of chocolate brown knee boots with 5" stiletto heels that look just right - but any higher and the proportions would again start to look contrived and exaggerated, at least to my untutored eyes.  

• Like 1

These ASOS Kendra thigh boots https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-kendra-stiletto-thigh-high-boots-in-black/prd/12577026?colourwayid=16519460&SearchQuery=&cid=1931 (4.75" heel) are now on offer in sizes up to UK13 for £27.00.   Be aware that most buyers say they run small, which seems to be the case with other ASOS Design footwear in larger sizes.   The wide fit equivalent is also discounted to £31.50, but only goes up to UK9.   New customers can try code  ASOSNEWHERE for a further 15% discount (until 15 March).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RonC said:

I agree with wanting to look at ease when walking in heels.  That is a big part of why I don't go too high, as I know I cannot walk with any ease or gracefulness when the heels are beyond my 4" or so limit.  I don't try to walk like a woman as such, not the crossing of one foot in front of another, but I try to shorten my step and not look like a hulk either.

Yes, I am guilty of trying to extend my step sometimes, certainly a mistake.  It would be cool to have someone secretly video a close up of me walking so I can see how I appear....Might be upsetting though....

• Like 1

Not new boots but new pictures of old boots,14 years old to be exact and still look like new. These are mens size 9.5,crotch high,made with thick leather and very well constructed. They have a 1/2 inch platform to offset some heel height. I these are made by motorcowboy.com and I have no regrets. They were bought off of an ebay auction for 1/2 price. Check em out as this is the toughest pair of boots that I have ever owned.post-16375-133522910278_thumb.jpg

received_734290814164531.jpeg

received_2065883136876571.jpeg

received_778960239711077.jpeg

• Like 8

6 hours ago, pebblesf said:

It would be cool to have someone secretly video a close up of me walking so I can see how I appear....Might be upsetting though....

Yeah, I know what you mean...lol

3 hours ago, crotchhiguy said:

Not new boots but new pictures of old boots,14 years old to be exact and still look like new. These are mens size 9.5,crotch high,made with thick leather and very well constructed. They have a 1/2 inch platform to offset some heel height. I these are made by motorcowboy.com and I have no regrets. They were bought off of an ebay auction for 1/2 price. Check em out as this is the toughest pair of boots that I have ever owned.post-16375-133522910278_thumb.jpg

received_734290814164531.jpeg

received_2065883136876571.jpeg

received_778960239711077.jpeg

Those boots are amazing, and fit so nicely...Must feel like heaven