Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

2 hours ago, AlexC94 said:

I hope to wear these out once the virus fucks off.  I even promised my girlfriend I would.

I’ll bet that will be great fun, you’re so lucky having a girlfriend who supports you wearing heels in public, my wife is fine with me wearing heels but not with her and it would be a lot more fun if I had someone else to go out in my heels with.

you’ll have to post some pictures when you do get to go out in them, look forward to seeing them and have fun 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maninboots said:

I’ll bet that will be great fun, you’re so lucky having a girlfriend who supports you wearing heels in public, my wife is fine with me wearing heels but not with her and it would be a lot more fun if I had someone else to go out in my heels with.

you’ll have to post some pictures when you do get to go out in them, look forward to seeing them and have fun 

In platforms like those, the support of a girlfriend might well be essential, physically as well as emotionally!   We look forward to hearing of  successful outings.

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

In platforms like those, the support of a girlfriend might well be essential, physically as well as emotionally!   We look forward to hearing of  successful outings.

Ha ha yes, i see where you’re coming from my friend 

I must admit, I'm very happy to see that this thread is still active after all this time. ☺️   I started this this thread back in 2010, and have enjoyed everyone sharing their new boots and experiences. Been away for awhile, but I'm ready to jump right back in. 😉

• Like 3

2 hours ago, miltboot said:

I must admit, I'm very happy to see that this thread is still active after all this time. ☺️   I started this this thread back in 2010, and have enjoyed everyone sharing their new boots and experiences. Been away for awhile, but I'm ready to jump right back in. 😉

I don’t remember the nickname “milt lot”.  Perhaps you were using another I nickname?  In any case, nice to have you back.  

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

30 minutes ago, Bubba136 said:

I don’t remember the nickname “milt lot”.  Perhaps you were using another I nickname?  In any case, nice to have you back.  

I think that Bugga163 needs some new specs as he seems to have misread miltboot's name.   🤯

Typo!  That’s okay though .  Just demonstrates how sensitive one can be to unintentional errors. ;-)

So, the question remains unanswered regardless of the unintentional mistake!

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

3 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

Typo!  That’s okay though .  Just demonstrates how sensitive one can be to unintentional errors. ;-)

So, the question remains unanswered regardless of the unintentional mistake!

I've ALWAYS been Miltboot here. 

19 hours ago, miltboot said:

I've ALWAYS been Miltboot here. 

Sorry, but I don’t remember you.  However, welcome back!

Here's a picture of me in my sort of new Giaro boots. I think I'll just upload my new boots here since trying to do so through the gallery image section of this site is just plain annoying.

IMG_06012021_015325_(2250_x_3000_pixel).jpg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, AlexC94 said:

Here's a picture of me in my sort of new Giaro boots. I think I'll just upload my new boots here since trying to do so through the gallery image section of this site is just plain annoying.

IMG_06012021_015325_(2250_x_3000_pixel).jpg

They look fantastic, love them 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Cali said:

I have the shown my black Nine West Kimy boots, here are my "Wine"  colored Kimys.  I'm getting more diversified in the color of my heels. 

WineH.JPG

wine2H.jpg

I’m loving the wine coloured boots, probably more so than the black, would love to see more of them and maybe over some skinny jeans 

• Like 2

On 1/14/2021 at 3:26 PM, Cali said:

I have the shown my black Nine West Kimy boots, here are my "Wine"  colored Kimys.  I'm getting more diversified in the color of my heels.

I am also slowly buy surely becoming more diversified, color-wise. I rather like those boots in both colors, as they are slim and look halfway practical. The problem I have with most knee high boots is that they are too big around the ankle and the calf. Wearing jeans inside them ameliorates this problem, though it doesn't completely solve it. Even if the fit weren't a problem for me, I'm still not too sure about this shorts with boots business. However, we can rest easily knowing that our disagreement about this matter will not have far ranging impacts in the world.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

I am also slowly buy surely becoming more diversified, color-wise. I rather like those boots in both colors, as they are slim and look halfway practical. The problem I have with most knee high boots is that they are too big around the ankle and the calf. Wearing jeans inside them ameliorates this problem, though it doesn't completely solve it. Even if the fit weren't a problem for me, I'm still not too sure about this shorts with boots business. However, we can rest easily knowing that our disagreement about this matter will not have far ranging impacts in the world.

There are boot styles that use kind of stretchy suede and may be more of the fitted look you are looking for:

870EBAB2-52DF-475E-BB3A-33D497FAE641.thumb.jpeg.6b735d3a585bdf85a668fdb66bc63f9c.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

These ones are a slightly tight at the ankle, but they are leather so I believe they should stretch out after a few times wearing them. The heels are 4.33 inch (11 cm) with no platform. They have the one thing I need in boots, a full length zipper.

This photo version was for the shorts and boots crowd.  Would I wear this to work? Yes, on a raining summer day. No, on a hot dry summer day.

19 hours ago, maninboots said:

I’m loving the wine coloured boots, probably more so than the black, would love to see more of them and maybe over some skinny jeans 

I'll try to get this version done soon.  

These are size 11. I found I need size 11 in boots.

The black pair was from Macy's on a 40% sale, about $125 with tax (no shipping).

The next week Nine West had an one day 20% extra off a 50% sale, so the Wine pair was only $75 with tax (no shipping).

Edited by Cali

Just bought these from Asos. Under £40 after discounts. 3" heel. Ordered UK9 and UK9.5. Kept the 9.5 which is larger than my usual UK9 as they worked well with insoles. The insoles stop my feet slipping forward.

My first footwear with a pattern of any kind.

asos_boot.jpg

• Like 2

I have yet to try leopard heels, I have two leopard print tops (a sweatshirt and a sherpa) and leopard print masks. Been getting many compliments from women for the "matching" look

On 1/15/2021 at 12:15 PM, maninboots said:

For you jean members, here the Nine West Kimy with jeans

wine kimy wJeansH.jpg

• Like 9

I should add that these Asos leopard boots were clearly marketed for men. The range of sizes was UK5 to UK13. (The smallest common UK man's size is 6 so having size 5 available is unusual. Smallest common UK women's size is 4, sometimes 3. For those across The Pond, UK uses the same sizing for men and women, at least in theory)

https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-heeled-chelsea-boots-with-pointed-toe-in-leopard-print/prd/21030697

1 hour ago, at9 said:

I should add that these Asos leopard boots were clearly marketed for men. The range of sizes was UK5 to UK13. (The smallest common UK man's size is 6 so having size 5 available is unusual. Smallest common UK women's size is 4, sometimes 3. For those across The Pond, UK uses the same sizing for men and women, at least in theory)

https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-heeled-chelsea-boots-with-pointed-toe-in-leopard-print/prd/21030697

ASOS appears to be offering much of its footwear on the basis of unisex appeal, so sizes 5 - 13 would cater for most of that.   Let's hope it continues.

I've been tempted by these boots and the very similar ones in black leather too, especially as recent net prices have been below £40.   Both styles are also available in a wide fitting and it is interesting to note that the wide-fit leopard boots are now sold out in all sizes except UK7, and likewise in the wide-fit black boots except 7 - 11.   As the standard fit does not seem to be reported as narrower than expected, I can only assume that men with wide feet have been busy buying - unless the quantity of wide made was significantly lower.

I think I have wide feet but the standard width was fine in the leopard boots. If wide UK9 had been available I would have ordered it.

The worst aspect of the boots was a very slippery insole so my feet slipped down to the toebox. That's why I used an extra insole (a contoured one from an old pair of walking shoes) which makes them very comfortable.

2 hours ago, at9 said:

I think I have wide feet but the standard width was fine in the leopard boots. If wide UK9 had been available I would have ordered it.

The worst aspect of the boots was a very slippery insole so my feet slipped down to the toebox. That's why I used an extra insole (a contoured one from an old pair of walking shoes) which makes them very comfortable.

I think I'm the same - slightly wider feet (UK 11 or 12) but can fit into many standard widths.  The ASOS black boots in 12W were too roomy for me; I suspect 11W or 12M would be fine.   I'm still tempted - extra 20% off sale items 7pm-9pm tonight (code MORESALE), which would make the black boots £36.40 net! 

3 hours ago, Puffer said:

I'm still tempted - extra 20% off sale items 7pm-9pm tonight (code MORESALE), which would make the black boots £36.40 net! 

Don't take too long to think about it or they will be gone, at least in your size.  That's what happens to me a lot of the time.  Load your "cart" before 7 pm then wait until 7 to checkout.  I just missed a faux fur hoodie because I waited too long