Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

22 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Did you wear her shoes home??

No.  I had another pair in the car.  I changed in the car and went back and gave them to her..

22 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Really surprised you two randomly wore the same size. Good for you to give them away. If they had real value even better. Honestly, it's so hard to find that perfect pair of 5 inch heels I wouldn't have done that.

Back then, JLo boots were popular and this young lady wore a size US 8 1/2 and I wore a size 9.  So size wasn’t that much of a problem.

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

1 hour ago, Bubba136 said:

No.  I had another pair in the car.  I changed in the car and went back and gave them to her..

Back then, JLo boots were popular and this young lady wore a size US 8 1/2 and I wore a size 9.  So size wasn’t that much of a problem.

What a great experience....I have often wondered about this happening to me...And wondered if I would offer up my boots....

On 11/25/2020 at 4:27 PM, Bubba136 said:

I had a pair several years ago with 5”heels. Very easy to wear.  Wore them out to one of our favorite restaurants for dinner one Saturday evening and the girl working the cashier station made such a fuss over them that I gave them to her.  My wife thought it was so incredibly generous and we laughed about it fo years.  The irony was that a man wearing lady’s high heels took them off and gave them to a young lady that really liked them.  

I tried to do this one time, chronicled elsewhere on this forum, but was unsuccessful. The young lady who repeatedly fawned over my sandals (not JLo) ultimately refused my offer of them as a gift. And she was exactly the same size as me.

56 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

I tried to do this one time, chronicled elsewhere on this forum, but was unsuccessful. The young lady who repeatedly fawned over my sandals (not JLo) ultimately refused my offer of them as a gift. And she was exactly the same size as me.

I think i am less gracious then you folks - i just cant fathom giving my shoes to a stranger like that. Nor taking shoes gifted by a stranger 🤔

51 minutes ago, Cali said:

Now if the shoes weren't the best fit for me.......

Then likely you wouldn't be wearing them in that situation.

I concur, I'm not giving my heels away to a stranger. A non stranger, have done so a few times.

On 11/26/2020 at 6:33 PM, pebblesf said:

What a great experience....I have often wondered about this happening to me...And wondered if I would offer up my boots....

The fact that we ate at this particular restaurant on the average of three times a month and became friendly with this person might have had something to do with it. 

• Like 2

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

16 hours ago, Cali said:

Two deliveries today. One from Macy's and one from Jessica Simpson.  Tore into the JS one first because it was small.

Here's the Macy's package.

My new Nine West Kimy boots in black leather. I got them in a size 11 (one size up) because they have a pointed toe (at least for me).  They are snug so if I wear jean, they need to be skinny.  Very comfortable to walk in.  (Christmas in November?)

4.33 inch heels.

NWKimyH.jpg

These look great. Love that style 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cali said:

Two deliveries today. One from Macy's and one from Jessica Simpson.  Tore into the JS one first because it was small.

Here's the Macy's package.

My new Nine West Kimy boots in black leather. I got them in a size 11 (one size up) because they have a pointed toe (at least for me).  They are snug so if I wear jean, they need to be skinny.  Very comfortable to walk in.  (Christmas in November?)

4.33 inch heels.

NWKimyH.jpg

Great looking boots Cali....

• Like 1

Thanks all.

I have started purchasing leather and suede heels more than man made materials.  I hope they last longer.  I had been looking for a tall leather boot with a full zipper for some time and have been waiting (patiently) for the new fall lines to come out. Nothing from JS yet, but this popped up at Macy's. Now there's a good sale on the Nine West site and I'm trying to resist getting another pair in another color.  The life of a heel addict.

====

9 minute update :fine:

I just looked at the Nine West site and the Wine colored ones call my name and for under $75 including taxes and shipping I couldn't say NO.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Cali said:

Thanks all.

I have started purchasing leather and suede heels more than man made materials.  I hope they last longer.  I had been looking for a tall leather boot with a full zipper for some time and have been waiting (patiently) for the new fall lines to come out. Nothing from JS yet, but this popped up at Macy's. Now there's a good sale on the Nine West site and I'm trying to resist getting another pair in another color.  The life of a heel addict.

====

9 minute update :fine:

I just looked at the Nine West site and the Wine colored ones call my name and for under $75 including taxes and shipping I couldn't say NO.

I've never been able to do plastic shoes of any style. Something about my body chemistry invariably creates a bad result, even in a very open toe sandal. Please do keep us informed about how the Nine West boots work out durability-wise. I have not had great luck with knee highs lasting me very long, which is ironic because I hardly ever wear them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I've never been able to do plastic shoes of any style. Something about my body chemistry invariably creates a bad result, even in a very open toe sandal. Please do keep us informed about how the Nine West boots work out durability-wise. I have not had great luck with knee highs lasting me very long, which is ironic because I hardly ever wear them.

I'm not talking plastic as much as faux leather, it starts to degrade in 2-3 years.  The other thing I have learned through trial and (expensive) error is I require a full zipper. I can't twist my ankle into boots with no zippers or only a partial zipper. I had always loved the way tall boots look and had a desire to wear them. And now I enjoy my boots. These two leather ones are for rainy days.

6 hours ago, Cali said:

I'm not talking plastic as much as faux leather, it starts to degrade in 2-3 years.  The other thing I have learned through trial and (expensive) error is I require a full zipper. I can't twist my ankle into boots with no zippers or only a partial zipper. I had always loved the way tall boots look and had a desire to wear them. And now I enjoy my boots. These two leather ones are for rainy days.

Surely 'faux leather' is either some sort of plastic or textile?   Footwear that isn't leather or rubber must be made from one of these - with the possible exception of rope or leaves!   If you are referring to the footwear that is essentially a plastic (probably pvc) sprayed onto a textile backing, I agree with you that it tends to degrade quite quickly, whether or not the item is worn.   And there is usually a noticeable 'plastocky' smell that takes a long while to go away!

11 hours ago, Puffer said:

Surely 'faux leather' is either some sort of plastic or textile?   Footwear that isn't leather or rubber must be made from one of these - with the possible exception of rope or leaves!   If you are referring to the footwear that is essentially a plastic (probably pvc) sprayed onto a textile backing, I agree with you that it tends to degrade quite quickly, whether or not the item is worn.   And there is usually a noticeable 'plastocky' smell that takes a long while to go away!

Yes, that's exactly what I meant by "plastic" shoes. I don't have very many non-leather shoes, but often the inner lining of cheaper leather shoes is not leather, and I have several pairs that leave little bits all over your feet every time you wear them. Nine West happens to be one of the biggest offenders in that regard, at least in my collection.

I have some NineWest ankle boots where the leather out is fine but the synthetic inner is disintgrating. Perhaps worse is a pair of Faith knee high boots.  The foot and front of the shaft are made of nice leather. The rear of the shaft is synthetic. No idea why they did it, it certainly wasn't for appearance as when new the real and fake looked similar. The outer layer of the fake leather is falling off.

On 11/29/2020 at 6:20 PM, bionicbabe said:

I bought these knee wedge platform boots from onlymaker last month, they came finally. Super comfortable to walk in, 6inch with 2inch platform. The boot goes up to just below the knee. Good quality too, I was surprised.

9C6EA1FC-85B1-48C9-85CF-4B92C6F6BA49.jpeg

02EB9FFE-E389-41CC-B597-0822615F1D39.jpeg

No one's commented on these yet... so i might as well ;-)

They look great. Am sure you will get a lot of enjoyment out of wearing them. I know others will roll their eyes... but this look of under your trousers looks great!

• Like 1

Well... I thought it might be on it's place with a pair new boots, it was a while since last purchase.

Those are from ali-express and the img is the vendors. I'm just waiting for them.

What do ya think? :)

129116559_5388892201136388_1441485743215537345_n.jpg

Edited by swedeheeler
  • Like 7

swedheeler : I have a pair of crotch high just like these. Wore them all day yesterday 12-3-2020  . love them. you should will like yours also. I am wearing these today.DSCF5333.thumb.JPG.db70ab9a74f875930c7b5bfb3f0bcf11.JPG                                                        spikesmike

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Prutske255 said:

They looks like a copy of the Giaro boots .

Lajungleduroi04.jpg

Yes I know, have seen those as well, but it's double the price ;)

12 hours ago, CAT said:

FANTABULOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mmmmm, I just had to 🥰

1 hour ago, Pierre1961 said:

Interesting boots. Where do you intend to wear them ? 

And lot of nice shoes visible in the background! 

For starters. @home! 

21 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Great boots, plenty of fun to be had in them

Yeap, looked at them many times, but no sizes for me 'til now

7 hours ago, swedeheeler said:

Yes I know, have seen those as well, but it's double the price ;)

Mmmmm, I just had to 🥰

For starters. @home! 

Yeap, looked at them many times, but no sizes for me 'til now

I own a pair of black Giaro's size 46 .
Perfect fit !!