Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

On 2/21/2020 at 8:06 AM, redandwhite said:

BE0F8DD2-D9C8-476C-9747-C45EE808CF16.jpeg.bc004b25ae888d439e99d818796e4365.jpegRecent purchase from eBay. Lk Bennett vintage 

10402C4C-B157-41BE-83E4-2CC0B1D1D7FB.jpeg

12B6B270-0AB6-488A-845C-33101CEC3189.jpeg

You’re looking great mate, love the boots, would like to see more of your outfit, looks like you might have a nice looking skirt or dress on there, good to hear from you again though, seems like ages, great to have you back 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Ok, so I haven't bought these... Yet.  But they went straight onto my saved items list.

https://www.asos.com/prd/14224663?acquisitionsource=com.google.android.apps.docs

14224663-1-blackcroc.jpeg

Gorgeous mate, i did look at those myself, like ASOS, my brown cowgirl boots were from there and with Klarna it’s very easy to pay for them, definitely go for it mate 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Ok, so I haven't bought these... Yet.  But they went straight onto my saved items list.

https://www.asos.com/prd/14224663?acquisitionsource=com.google.android.apps.docs

What are you waiting for? An invitation?

You are officially invited to put them into your basket.  Then logout and wait for an "incentive".

• Like 2

Just ordered these from the Topshop website, down to £60 from £159, ordered them in a size 5, not sure from the description and pictures weather they’re pull on or zip up, hopefully the latter or may struggle otherwise, expected delivery date is 23rd March, as long as they fit, look out on my Costa thread for some visits in them, can’t wait for that, been wanting a pair in that style for quite a while now 

5FD28500-6832-4881-9DB7-2EA48CF1ECBD.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, maninboots said:

Just ordered these from the Topshop website, down to £60 from £159, ordered them in a size 5, not sure from the description and pictures weather they’re pull on or zip up, hopefully the latter or may struggle otherwise, expected delivery date is 23rd March, as long as they fit, look out on my Costa thread for some visits in them, can’t wait for that, been wanting a pair in that style for quite a while now 

Those are great looking boots with the classic style I love, the chain is very cool also...The heel looks very manageable even for long outings...

On 3/13/2020 at 5:42 AM, jeremy1986 said:

The heartbreaker for us in the U.S. is that this pair does not even show up on the US page.  What is the UK equivalent of size 11m?  Otherwise, that is a beautiful boot.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DProud2700 said:

The heartbreaker for us in the U.S. is that this pair does not even show up on the US page.  What is the UK equivalent of size 11m?  Otherwise, that is a beautiful boot.

If you usually wear a US11 (male), the UK equivalent (male or female footwear) will be 10 or more likely 10.5.   This Simmi boot from ASOS only goes up to UK8: https://www.asos.com/simmi-shoes/simmi-london-samia-stiletto-knee-boots-in-black-croc/prd/14224663?acquisitionsource=com.google.android.apps.docs:   You will not find anything larger than UK10 in ASOS (and then only in a few of ASOS own-brand items) and I know of no other UK mainstream outlet (such as Topshop or New Look) offering larger than UK9, again only in selected styles.   I wear a UK 11 or 12 myself and have failed to find anything that fits - even the ASOS 10 Wide is no good.

Edited by Puffer
Added info.

8 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Long Tall Sally is a mainstream retailer offering shoes and boots in sizes to UK13, although they seldom have heels over 3" high. 

Hardly a 'mainstream retailer', i.e. one with a significant high street presence.   And very few stylish or affordable offerings, alas.   .

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

Hardly a 'mainstream retailer', i.e. one with a significant high street presence.   And very few stylish or affordable offerings, alas.   .

It most certainly is a mainstream retailer and quite affordable. It caters to tall women, not the fetish or cross dressing crowd and so the styles tend to be what women actually wear. 

Not the most exciting of purchases, but here are my new Timberland Sutherlin Bay lace up boots. The only thing that makes them worth posting here is that I bought them for work boots. They have 1 3/4" heels, and are very un-workboot-like. My feet look tiny in these boots, and they are not in the least heavy-duty, even though they sort of look like it. However, my job at the moment does not really require anything heavy duty, and these actually meet jobsite requirements. I have gotten very few comments about them, and none of them negative.

TimberlandSide.JPG

TimberlandTop.JPG

• Like 3

They look like just regular boots. Unless anyone was making a point of scanning people's footwear, scrutinising heels, nobody would ever notice that those heels are slightly higher than the norm for work boots

3 hours ago, Shyheels said:

They look like just regular boots. Unless anyone was making a point of scanning people's footwear, scrutinising heels, nobody would ever notice that those heels are slightly higher than the norm for work boots

agreed

22 hours ago, Shyheels said:

It most certainly is a mainstream retailer and quite affordable. It caters to tall women, not the fetish or cross dressing crowd and so the styles tend to be what women actually wear. 

Yes, Long Tall Sally is certainly a 'mainstream retailer' in the sense of selling fairly tame styles of footwear that ordinary women (with big feet and reasonable wealth) would willingly buy.   Nothing wrong with that but, as you imply, of limited interest to many here.   But not a mid-range high street 'mainstream retailer' offering the sort of boots that DProud2700 was clearly interested in acquiring, and to which my comments were directed.

On 3/14/2020 at 10:33 AM, maninboots said:

Just had an email telling me they’ve been dispatched, they’re on their way then Sod’s law all the Costa’s close for sit in’s just as i was looking forward to showing them off 

Oh wow, you didn't hold back on those, they look great.  What sort are they and how high is that heel?

My sort of shopping :text_cool:

Giaro Galana, thought they looked fmiliar. (why is there no thumbs up emoji?)

Edited by ohnoberty
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, heely1 said:

Hi all, got some new ankle boots. Giaro Galana 1005. Size 42, 17cm heels. Almost 7 inch

1584093977155.JPEG

1584349569164.JPEG

Wow they look fantastic, think they might be a bit ambitious for me but they do look great and well done if you can walk around in them 

• Like 2