Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a new pair of ankle boots from Nordstrom: the Caslon "Whitney" in black nubuck leather and sporting 3 3/4 inch wedge heels.

shoes-whitney.jpg

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

One of the places that I usually look for deals on shoes is Poshmark. I’ve had decent luck lately with being able to find the style I want for a good price, even if it’s slightly used.

With just a few days before Christmas, as in this pst Sunday, I came across someone who was selling some new Sorel boots in various sizes. She had quite a few listings, and I can only assume she got them at a deep discount to have them listed so low in price.

When I opened her listing to read it, she had sizes 6-10 with half sizes in there listed, but all of the other sizes aside from 6.5 and 10 had been bought. Well it just so happens that those sizes are my wife and I in women’s heels!

I showed my wife, and she mentioned that she liked that look, and could see herself wearing them. So I asked if that should be our joint Christmas present to each other, and she said yes!

I had them shipped to where we are staying as we are out of town visiting family for the holidays. They arrived yesterday and was happy when we tried them on!

I must say that they are more snug than my Joan of Arctic wedges, but that’s ok. My right foot was the one that was tight, but thinner socks helped and I figure it will break in after a bit of wear since they’re new.

358282F5-9144-4F0B-AED1-6D1835C4C740.jpeg

• Like 6

Sorel Lexie wedges.  My GF an I have several matching pairs too!! We both wear them  almost daily!!!  Here I am back at the hospital for more tests to get cleared for my long awaited knee replacements!   No one at the hospital said anything but there are always the looks ! 

5D5E2B6C-BEA2-4A92-AB49-78B66B11BE43.jpeg

• Like 2

@CAT I am curious how yours looks under the removable insole? I am still fairly certain that the pairs we got are authentic, but when buying them not directly through the retailer, I always have a doubt.

Also, what stores do you find them in? I struggle to find them in stores other than online.

There is a hard foam like block with holes in it to create the wedge.   The insole has a the Sorel name on it and the bottom has raised circular bumps that match the holes in the hard foam wedge. 

I buy the Sorels at Sorel, eBay, a few other online retailers.  Dick’s now carries the Lexie wedge but I have not bought them there.   I think between the 2 of us and 1 of my daughters we have prob 15 pairs of Sorels     I have not heard of any fakes with this line. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CAT said:

There is a hard foam like block with holes in it to create the wedge.   The insole has a the Sorel name on it and the bottom has raised circular bumps that match the holes in the hard foam wedge. 

I buy the Sorels at Sorel, eBay, a few other online retailers.  Dick’s now carries the Lexie wedge but I have not bought them there.   I think between the 2 of us and 1 of my daughters we have prob 15 pairs of Sorels     I have not heard of any fakes with this line. 

Thanks for the description! That’s ours to a T! I will have to see if Dick’s has any over here and if there are any good after Christmas sales. Best of luck with the surgery and thanks!

On 11/26/2019 at 1:40 PM, Jkrenzer said:

Got these from the internet outlet Minaloo. These are my very tall at 5.2 inches. Well made and i really love them. Size is Chinese 265, US 10.5. Name inside is Maiernisi.

Hi. When i was in Thai, Pattaya city, i bought the same heels with fitting.

U6Ha5fA4Gn8.thumb.jpg.4dcfd7e2775b1f18f945e6d3c55ebca7.jpg

And some ankle boots what i wore openly while walking with wife and daughter.

20191112_115525.thumb.jpg.1a9b3c46c547929d8fe45e1b2dda2926.jpg

Edited by Tech
Do not quote the actual images themselves.
  • Like 1

On 12/27/2019 at 9:18 AM, CAT said:

Sorel Lexie wedges.  My GF an I have several matching pairs too!! We both wear them  almost daily!!!  Here I am back at the hospital for more tests to get cleared for my long awaited knee replacements!   No one at the hospital said anything but there are always the looks !

Knee replacements? Wow! I hope all that goes OK. Do the doctors give you any static about wearing heels? I know my chiropractor sure did.

On 12/31/2019 at 12:40 PM, chrigi-ch said:

Hey there
at the last day of this year I am able to show you one of six new heels I purchased in december.
I was searching a long time through the net to find the right one`s-
I wanted that special type of boot which is in fashion right now.
I found them on a chinese webiste, but chinese...?
My experience is they look super hot on the picture but if you receive them you think that you bought something complete different.
This time it was perfect, the boot looked exact like on the picture AND LIKE I WANTED them, YEAH.
Pointy toe, thin, straight heel with perfect 13cm heel height. They look so nice with skinny jeans.
I love them so much.

Long time short, here they are:

Stiefeletten_sw_13cm-kl.jpg

They look AMAZING. I love the style too, and have a couple just like these. Are they knee high boots?

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 4:13 PM, jeremy1986 said:

They look AMAZING. I love the style too, and have a couple just like these. Are they knee high boots?

Thanks @jeremy1986

I love them so much as well.
The boot ends just 2cm inside above the jeans, so they are only botties.
kneehigh boots would just be a bit too much ;-)

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 10:40 AM, chrigi-ch said:

Hey there
at the last day of this year I am able to show you one of six new heels I purchased in december.
My experience is they look super hot on the picture but if you receive them you think that you bought something complete different.
This time it was perfect, the boot looked exact like on the picture AND LIKE I WANTED them, YEAH.
Pointy toe, thin, straight heel with perfect 13cm heel height. They look so nice with skinny jeans.
I love them so much.

I don't know if the photo does them enough justice, but what I can see looks good. Maybe look better on a bigger screen instead of my phone. Lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

what does that mean?? Too much what?  (can you tell I'm getting offended on behalf of all knee high boot lovers world wide??)

NOOOOOOOoooooouuu,
to much of a shaft of aa boot under a skinny jeans.
That would look little bit strange and no way to get the skinny jeans over the boot.
That's all....

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, chrigi-ch said:

NOOOOOOOoooooouuu,
to much of a shaft of a boot under a skinny jeans.
That would look little bit strange and no way to get the skinny jeans over the boot.
That's all....

There is a real easy solution, wear your skinny jeans inside those knee high boots. It's very empowering!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chrigi-ch said:

Yeah, no problem
but these particular booties have no shaft :-)

Shorter skinny jeans then as seen here in these booties....maybe super skinny.

short jeansHH.jpg

Edited by Cali

On 1/6/2020 at 6:43 PM, chrigi-ch said:

NOOOOOOOoooooouuu,
to much of a shaft of aa boot under a skinny jeans.
That's all....

Ahhhh got it!!

PS. Great looking boots!!

Edited by jeremy1986
  • Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 5:40 AM, chrigi-ch said:

Hey there
I love them so much.

You look great buddy, just the look I would love to achieve.  I have to keep practicing in my new red 1969 boots with 5.5" heels, no way I can wear these publicly until I get more practice/proficiency...

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 9:16 AM, p1ng74 said:

Too much... fun?  ;p

you got that right for sure!

• Like 2

Hi there!

I'm waiting for two new pairs. They are presents.

This is the begginning of both.

HH1.thumb.jpg.6c7f74e8d5e8b77c5d16c2fb27375317.jpg

The first one: 

HH2.thumb.jpg.c03ca0baf6de92916aee247e7e009e70.jpg

The second: 

HH3.thumb.jpg.7ccd9c339a2f6cc2d3e01d9a207bbe2d.jpg

I'm so nervous.

Edited by MartaGanz
  • Like 4