Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

So it’s amazing what one can do when motivated properly.

Since we have moved out to California, our garage has become our basement to store all of our stuff. Amongst this “stuff” is a large selection of car stuff that I’ve acquired over the years. Parts that I think I would need, or upgrades, etc. that were too good of a deal to pass up.

The fact that the garage is our new location for all of our stuff, my wife has mentioned repeatedly how nice it would be to be able to park a car in the garage. So I have slowly been making an effort to get stuff out, but it has been a slow-moving effort.

Yesterday lit a new flame though. I had sold a part yesterday, and upon returning home, asked the wife if I could use a portion of the profit and maybe get a new pair of shoes? After all, I had been looking for some brown-ish ankle boots. She said sure!

So I bought these beauties from Poshmark yesterday, and we will see how they look when they arrive. They are from Aldo and look like the style on their site called ‘Naedia’, which is normally $130, and a pair I had already been eyeing.

My only fear is there appears to be some color worn off on the sole and maybe around the bottom edge of the sole trim, but if all else is good, I’m hoping to find a way to remedy that.

619CADED-7D25-47EE-B7AE-F58B44803F8F.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KneeBooted said:

Since we have moved out to California, our garage has become our basement to store all of our stuff. Amongst this “stuff” is a large selection of car stuff that I’ve acquired over the years. Parts that I think I would need, or upgrades, etc. that were too good of a deal to pass up.

Since most people here in California don't have basements, the garage tends to become their basement. I my old house we parked in the garage, one of a very few who also parked in their garage on the street. But then I designed a basement into that house. Basements are under rated here in California, i have a basement designed into my next house.

Nice shoes.

26 minutes ago, Cali said:

Since most people here in California don't have basements, the garage tends to become their basement. I my old house we parked in the garage, one of a very few who also parked in their garage on the street. But then I designed a basement into that house. Basements are under rated here in California, i have a basement designed into my next house.

Nice shoes.

Yeah, one of the first things my boss told me after moving out here is that living in the Bay Area will turn you into a minimalist.

I have found myself getting rid of a bunch of clothes I was holding on to for no reason. I don’t know if I’ll become a true minimalist, but I have found that the things I’ve gotten rid of thus far have caused no sadness or empty feeling now that they’re gone.

I’m actually looking forward to doing some more clean out in the coming months.

3 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

The fact that the garage is our new location for all of our stuff, my wife has mentioned repeatedly how nice it would be to be able to park a car in the garage. So I have slowly been making an effort to get stuff out, but it has been a slow-moving effort.

Yesterday lit a new flame though. I had sold a part yesterday, and upon returning home, asked the wife if I could use a portion of the profit and maybe get a new pair of shoes? After all, I had been looking for some brown-ish ankle boots. She said sure!

So I bought these beauties from Poshmark yesterday, and we will see how they look when they arrive. They are from Aldo and look like the style on their site called ‘Naedia’, which is normally $130, and a pair I had already been eyeing.

My only fear is there appears to be some color worn off on the sole and maybe around the bottom edge of the sole trim, but if all else is good, I’m hoping to find a way to remedy that.

619CADED-7D25-47EE-B7AE-F58B44803F8F.jpeg

Can't go wrong with Aldos for sure, they look great....I'm sure they will be easy to walk in and sure look nice.   Hmm, your situation sounds real familiar, and I have a basement here in New England.  I have collected more "spare parts that I might need someday" for my outboards, the stuff is really piling up.  Not looking forward to "thinning this stuff out" someday....Was kind of hoping "to use it all" after retirement.    Boots and sneaks are piling up also, much to the upset of my better half...

Edited by pebblesf
addition

On 10/23/2019 at 7:03 PM, KneeBooted said:

They look great, keep us posted! 

Well the new-to-me boots arrived on Friday, and with the in-laws having departed my Saturday morning, I decided to try them on.

Whenever you purchase something second-hand AND you don’t get to see them in person, pictures always try to tell the best story.

Unfortunately, these beauties aren’t in perfect shape. I had asked the seller if there were any defects/spots/wear to which they said no, but that was not the case.

However, my wife and I both looked at them and decided that they look good enough, and were cheap enough, that they’re worth keeping. I got them from the Poshmark app for $26 plus shipping and tax, which came out to about $35. These are $130 when new from Aldo!

The fit is fairly decent. With my usual socks, my right big toe felt a little squished but not so bad that I needed to take them off. Can’t wait for the cooler weather to rock these beauties!

AB4CE9A9-3A19-4722-AE6C-9263DC575C7D.jpeg

• Like 4

On 10/7/2019 at 10:24 PM, Prutske255 said:

I bought a pair of Miguel Jones boots .

I wanted them with a few modifications .

when i received the parcel , i was speechless !!
Miguel made me a pair of unique boots !!!
contrasting color heels , inside full lenght zipper , rubber soles , square toes .

7Inch02.jpg

I love Miguel Jones boots . I have 3 pair of boots two and one pair of shoes. How do the fit?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I had some time to kill today and decided to visit DSW for a walk around (bad idea).  I was walking down the boot isle minding my own business when these Jessica Simpson stilettos begged me to take them home, telling me how great they would look with my faux leather pants. So I'll just have see if they were right tomorrow morning.

Jessica Simpson Rachie

rachie01.jpg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, CAT said:

I want a pair!!!

Thanks for showing it was okay to shop in the Women's Express (we have two Express stores). With that encouragement, I've purchased lots of items in my wardrobe.

2 hours ago, delinata said:

Ordered a couple of different boots in English red a beautiful colour. Wiehes by my wife.

20191115_233008-1008x756.jpg

Those are some powerful boots indeed, how are they to walk in?  You are lucky to have a wife who appreciates how great you look in boots...

Not really a boot, but not a shoe either.  I guess these would be called a "shootie"?  I purchased these about a week ago.  $20 on the sale rack at Shoe Carnival.  When I them on in the store I thought they would be quite comfortable.  However, when I have worn them out and about, they start to hurt, especially my right foot, after about 15 minutes.  My right foot is about a half size larger than my left, but I was kind of surprised at this based on how they felt in the store.  They are Vintage 7 Eight brand, but there is no style name noted.  The heel is 3.75 inches, which is a very nice height for me, and they are quite stable to walk in.

DSC01628.thumb.JPG.869b33a19a9c8ca3238422060cd436fd.JPGDSC01626.thumb.JPG.662e96a9935a016bedf1c82b092d5956.JPGDSC01625.thumb.JPG.03409b407dc249261497c3052e8f103c.JPG

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pumped said:

Rather like those. Not really my thing, but I can appreciate them.

On 11/19/2019 at 3:06 PM, RonC said:

Not really a boot, but not a shoe either.  I guess these would be called a "shootie"?  I purchased these about a week ago.  $20 on the sale rack at Shoe Carnival.  When I them on in the store I thought they would be quite comfortable.  However, when I have worn them out and about, they start to hurt, especially my right foot, after about 15 minutes.  My right foot is about a half size larger than my left, but I was kind of surprised at this based on how they felt in the store.  They are Vintage 7 Eight brand, but there is no style name noted.  The heel is 3.75 inches, which is a very nice height for me, and they are quite stable to walk in.

To me, those are clearly shoes, as they are cut well below the ankle. The only reason they might be kind of boot-ish is that they come up much higher on the foot compared to most women's shoes. If you looked at it from the perspective of men's shoes (think of any men's dress shoe), they are clearly shoes. I dig 'em, by the way.

• Like 2

My latest acquisition, this one from Nordstrom, the BP "Nolly" faux suede ankle boots in black. Sporting 3 1/4 inch block heels, they were easy to wear and comfortable, even though they're only medium width. In fact, I've already ordered a pair in tan which I should get soon.

shoes-nolly.jpg

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

On 11/23/2019 at 7:31 AM, mlroseplant said:

Rather like those. Not really my thing, but I can appreciate them.

I call them my "stealth" high heels. I am not like many of you that will wear stilettos in public, this I will wear anywhere and probably not even get noticed.

I did wear a similar pairs of booties out with a bunch of guys and a couple guys noticed the nearly 3" heels and got wrapped up about it. I was sitting on a barstool a few feet away and noticed guys pointing to my feet and talking to each other. Finally one guy got the balls to actually say something, nothing bad just a comment that they had noticed my boots. I pulled up my pants leg, stuck my foot out and asked if he wanted a pair? There was some laughter and another guy asked where I bought them because he had not seen anything like them in the local stores. I just told him on the internet, you won't find them locally, and that was the end of it. I am certain they thought it was weird, they were older, very conservative guys. I have a pair of Nine West Disheveled boots I have am sure would make them go crazy!

https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/1303666/nine-west-disheveled-buckle-bootie?color=BLACK%20LEATHER

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pumped said:

I call them my "stealth" high heels. I am not like many of you that will wear stilettos in public, this I will wear anywhere and probably not even get noticed.

I did wear a similar pairs of booties out with a bunch of guys and a couple guys noticed the nearly 3" heels and got wrapped up about it. I was sitting on a barstool a few feet away and noticed guys pointing to my feet and talking to each other. Finally one guy got the balls to actually say something, nothing bad just a comment that they had noticed my boots. I pulled up my pants leg, stuck my foot out and asked if he wanted a pair? There was some laughter and another guy asked where I bought them because he had not seen anything like them in the local stores. I just told him on the internet, you won't find them locally, and that was the end of it. I am certain they thought it was weird, they were older, very conservative guys. I have a pair of Nine West Disheveled boots I have am sure would make them go crazy!

https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/1303666/nine-west-disheveled-buckle-bootie?color=BLACK LEATHER

Sounds like at least one of those guys was interested in your boots for sure, that's cool...I was a local store with the better half and noticed a tall young man with great looking cuban heeled boots...I sure wanted to compliment him, but decided to avoid upsetting the boss....Wished I had anyway

6 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Got these from the internet outlet Minaloo. These are my very tall at 5.2 inches. Well made and i really love them. Size is Chinese 265, US 10.5. Name inside is Maiernisi.

363522BD0A18141F7E20B99AE6CFA408.jpg

20191126_082023_resized.jpg

20191126_082049_resized_1.jpg

20191126_081926_resized_1.jpg

Where did the Ankle Stap go?

On 11/26/2019 at 1:40 PM, Jkrenzer said:

Got these from the internet outlet Minaloo. These are my very tall at 5.2 inches. Well made and i really love them. Size is Chinese 265, US 10.5. Name inside is Maiernisi.

363522BD0A18141F7E20B99AE6CFA408.jpg

20191126_082023_resized.jpg

20191126_082049_resized_1.jpg

20191126_081926_resized_1.jpg

Very stylish, could see myself in a pair of those.