Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

13 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

Great looking booties, @redandwhite. I have a similar pair of booties too - same color, but a side zip (they are in my albums I think). I really like the rear zip - keeps things unique and interesting!

wow  - very distinct looking @maninboots!  Enjoy!  and keep us posted :) 

wow, great look @Sabrina - looking really fab with the tights and leather skirt, I love this look!

I really like New Looks stuff too - most of their footwear, especially boots are classic looking, rather than edgy/latest trends only. 

I’m still waiting for them to arrive, they said Wednesday, can’t wait to be honest, just hope i can get my feet in them as I’m not too good without zips, i have ordered a size 6 to hopefully accommodate this problem, all being well they might make their maiden voyage to Costa next weekend, look out on there for pictures 

Just now, maninboots said:

I’m still waiting for them to arrive, they said Wednesday, can’t wait to be honest, just hope i can get my feet in them as I’m not too good without zips, i have ordered a size 6 to hopefully accommodate this problem, all being well they might make their maiden voyage to Costa next weekend, look out on there for pictures 

Sounds good! Am always on the lookout for your pics ;-)

btw, am still going back and forth about my own OTK high heels from Asos… no zips either!

28 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

Sounds good! Am always on the lookout for your pics ;-)

btw, am still going back and forth about my own OTK high heels from Asos… no zips either!

To be honest i usually prefer to buy in store so i can try on but saw these these and fell in love with them instantly, I’ve got them on buy now and pay in a month so god forbid if i can’t get them on i can send them back without having to worry about sorting a refund 

4 minutes ago, maninboots said:

To be honest i usually prefer to buy in store so i can try on but saw these these and fell in love with them instantly, I’ve got them on buy now and pay in a month so god forbid if i can’t get them on i can send them back without having to worry about sorting a refund 

Good move!!! 

On 1/19/2019 at 12:06 PM, maninboots said:

Just ordered these from asos, can’t wait for delivery now 

BABE0C2D-174E-4162-A1E0-0A25965FC836.png

Well they’ve arrived but unfortunately got to go back, struggled like mad to get the right one on but could not get the left one on for love nor money, shame really because it looked really good once on, oh well let’s have a look for another pair 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maninboots said:

Well they’ve arrived but unfortunately got to go back, struggled like mad to get the right one on but could not get the left one on for love nor money, shame really because it looked really good once on, oh well let’s have a look for another pair 

That’s unfortunate.  Is it the foot part that is hanging up or the shaft?  Did you try pulling them halfway on, then folding down the shafts, and pulling them completely on the rest of the way that way?  

Edited by p1ng74

3 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

That’s unfortunate.  Is it the foot part that is hanging up or the shaft?  Did you try pulling them halfway on, then folding down the shafts, and pulling them completely on the rest of the way that way?  

No the shaft wasn’t a problem, there is quite a big seam around the ankle and i can’t get my foot past it, i eventually managed it with the right foot, had to stop for a breather before attempting the left one but whatever i tried it would not go on, i even tried slipping my foot into a polythene bag to reduce the friction and help it slide in but still wouldn’t go, i do have fairly high arches so it’s a problem i often have without a zip but i thought going up a size would compensate for this, couldn’t go up another size as the right foot actually felt too big once I’d got it on so a 7 would have been massive 

13 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Did you take the paper out of the toe? ;-)

Oh yes, although i have made that mistake before to be honest 

6 hours ago, maninboots said:

No the shaft wasn’t a problem, there is quite a big seam around the ankle and i can’t get my foot past it, i eventually managed it with the right foot, had to stop for a breather before attempting the left one but whatever i tried it would not go on, i even tried slipping my foot into a polythene bag to reduce the friction and help it slide in but still wouldn’t go, i do have fairly high arches so it’s a problem i often have without a zip but i thought going up a size would compensate for this, couldn’t go up another size as the right foot actually felt too big once I’d got it on so a 7 would have been massive 

Oh yes, although i have made that mistake before to be honest 

Me too!  I was so disappointed when I got my  Sam Edelman boots in December.  I was so excited to try them on, didn't realize the cardboard was still in the toes.   Somehow I got them on, but was so upset that they "didn't fit".  There was no way I could wear them, could barely get them off.  Once they were off, I realized the cardboard was still in the toes! 

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 4:42 AM, maninboots said:

Nice boots to be fair, very nearly bought those myself when i tried them on in new look, they look great with tights by the way, i take it you’re wearing a skirt with them aswell, do you go out in those outfits or is that just for home, sorry to ask but I’ve only ever worn boots and heels as part of male fashion and would love to experiment further with more feminine outfits but not sure i have the body shape to pull it off, enjoy your lovely boots though 

Those are great boots, you look amazing buddy

9 hours ago, maninboots said:

In situations like this, a full-length zipper usually helps, but not all tall boots come with them. It would cheapen the look of the boot in your case. 

10 hours ago, maninboots said:

I have high arches too and I have problems with boots.  I have two boots with  half zippers and they are a pain to get on. I plan to sell these soon. I now only buy boots with full zippers. There is no reason for me to waste my time, money, and worst of all anticipation only to be disappointed.  But even with a full zipper, I suspect the seam would still be a problem. 

We are not alone, I have had many women tell me the same thing as we sit side-by-side trying shoes on.

Edited by Cali

16 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

WD40.

Steve

(just kidding - don't try it!)

Don’t worry i won’t haha

12 hours ago, Cali said:

I have high arches too and I have problems with boots.  I have two boots with  half zippers and they are a pain to get on. I plan to sell these soon. I now only buy boots with full zippers. There is no reason for me to waste my time, money, and worst of all anticipation only to be disappointed.  But even with a full zipper, I suspect the seam would still be a problem. 

We are not alone, I have had many women tell me the same thing as we sit side-by-side trying shoes on.

Yeah it really can be quite a problem, my next western slouch boots pictured in my Costa thread don’t have zips either but they do have a slight amount of stretch so i just about manage those, but these didn’t give at all so not a chance really, i don’t mind partial zips as long as there is one to make it a little easier 

Here's my latest footwear acquisition from Payless: the "Ripley" short slouch boots in gray with 3 1/2 cone heels. I've had my eye on these boots since before Christmas, but was undecided because of the height of the shafts and the oddly shaped heels, but I decided to take the plunge a couple weeks ago and was happy that I did. The style of the boots, especially with the shaft height was perfect to wear with leggings (I chose gray which provided contrast with the leggings) as I wore them to the King of Prussia Mall yesterday while the cone heels which I rarely see quickly grew on me. The boots were easy to wear, comfortable and the heels were good and loud, right up my alley.

ripley.jpg

Edited by JeffB
  • Like 2

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 3 weeks later...

So for Valentine’s Day, my wife and I did something special for each other and bought each a pair of boots. Hers were brand new and from Macy’s. It’s been more of a struggle to find boots for her because she has wide calves. Actually, she played soccer and might be closer to extra wide calves. But the good news is that she has lost weight and some calf circumference. She is now down to 15.5” which opens up the opportunities again.

Anyway, we found these Bandolino Lella boots in a suede material that were on last call for about $51. They fit wonderfully on her and she was super excited! This is the first time we’ve bought her new boots in a while and the smile on her face was priceless. I’ll include a web picture of her purchase.

Mine were a purchase from Poshmark. I absolutely love Frye, and I came across these almost gray Regina boots. By default I am not a fan of pointed toes, but I love the back zip and the color just looked amazing. There was a small amount of wear on the sole, but overall they’re in great shape and were only $60.

My wife even complimented them which was a plus!

38BC003F-7A09-4802-AF7C-49D85E409082.png

7332F22B-6206-442C-A88A-BA09EC1E1561.png

20DF519C-D23C-4FBC-B7D9-0D4E54EBDA9C.png

60B9175B-EA7B-4BFB-9445-22329E785CCC.png

25BAAB38-11CB-4F51-AAE5-1D800384DD7E.jpeg

4D351672-901D-4FFB-A599-E12591164549.jpeg

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, KneeBooted said:

Anyway, we found these Bandolino Lella boots in a suede material that were on last call for about $51.

LOL...I was thumbing through the boots at last call today and almost tried that Bandolino Lella boot on.

8 minutes ago, Cali said:

LOL...I was thumbing through the boots at last call today and almost tried that Bandolino Lella boot on.

You should definitely go back and check them out! She said they were very comfortable and easy to walk in.

5 hours ago, redandwhite said:

Some more lk Bennett vintage boot purchases this week 

IMG_2680.JPG

IMG_2674.JPG

IMG_2665.JPG

IMG_2664.JPG

IMG_2663.JPG

Nice shape to these.  I like them alot!  Were they expensive?  What size?

Edited by RonC
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

So for Valentine’s Day, my wife and I did something special for each other and bought each a pair of boots. Hers were brand new and from Macy’s. It’s been more of a struggle to find boots for her because she has wide calves. Actually, she played soccer and might be closer to extra wide calves. But the good news is that she has lost weight and some calf circumference. She is now down to 15.5” which opens up the opportunities again.

Anyway, we found these Bandolino Lella boots in a suede material that were on last call for about $51. They fit wonderfully on her and she was super excited! This is the first time we’ve bought her new boots in a while and the smile on her face was priceless. I’ll include a web picture of her purchase.

Mine were a purchase from Poshmark. I absolutely love Frye, and I came across these almost gray Regina boots. By default I am not a fan of pointed toes, but I love the back zip and the color just looked amazing. There was a small amount of wear on the sole, but overall they’re in great shape and were only $60.

My wife even complimented them which was a plus!

20DF519C-D23C-4FBC-B7D9-0D4E54EBDA9C.png

60B9175B-EA7B-4BFB-9445-22329E785CCC.png

25BAAB38-11CB-4F51-AAE5-1D800384DD7E.jpeg

4D351672-901D-4FFB-A599-E12591164549.jpeg

You look great mate, two really nice pairs there and personally I’d wear them over your jeans, really needs to be seen, hope you both get out and about in them together 

15 hours ago, redandwhite said:

Some more lk Bennett vintage boot purchases this week 

IMG_2680.JPG

IMG_2674.JPG

IMG_2665.JPG

IMG_2664.JPG

IMG_2663.JPG

Great boots and fantastic legs too by the way, not my style of outfit to be honest mate, would definitely wear the boots but with a more masculine outfit for me, the look really suits you though, sometimes wish i could pull that look off but really don’t have the right body shape and i look totally ridiculous to be honest 

On 2/15/2019 at 6:14 PM, redandwhite said:

IMG_2663.JPG

Great looking boots - and legs ;-) 

On 2/15/2019 at 9:34 AM, KneeBooted said:

Both pairs look great - and so wonderful that your wife will enjoy hers too  -  will you be wearing them out together? 

Red and White, those boots are beautiful!  Worth every penny....Classic styling, they fit your legs nicely, and the heels are sturdy and easy to walk in.....You look great in tights/leggings also.  I don't mind admitting that I am envious indeed, sure wish I had a nice figure/build like yours....Don

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Red and White, those boots are beautiful!  Worth every penny....Classic styling, they fit your legs nicely, and the heels are sturdy and easy to walk in.....You look great in tights/leggings also.  I don't mind admitting that I am envious indeed, sure wish I had a nice figure/build like yours....Don

Me too Don

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My latest acquisition from Payless: the "Valencia" ankle boots in gray. The rounded toes and contrasting four inch block heels made the boots stable, comfortable and easy to walk in.

valencia.jpg

• Like 4

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

10 minutes ago, JeffB said:

My latest acquisition from Payless: the "Valencia" ankle boots in gray. The rounded toes and contrasting four inch block heels made the boots stable, comfortable and easy to walk in.

valencia.jpg

They look very comfy - am sure they keep you nice and warm! 

• Like 1