Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

Thank, yes that's what my Wife thought when she saw them on the website, it was her who spotted them. Although they particularly aren't high by the heel wearing of some they are higher than my other stilettos. I think my other are 3.5" at most and these are 4" so do feel a bit higher and you do notice it. They do seem to hug your foot making them feel nice and secure without being tight and uncomfortable. We also both liked that they have leather uppers, which for the price is hard to find.

14 minutes ago, maninboots said:

Really do like those, look really good on you with those jeans, is that about a 31/2” heels, should give a comfortable walk, ideal Costa boots mate 

Yes ideal Costa boots for sure but I would have to have had a bit more regular practice in stilettos before attempt an outing like that. I would want to be able to walk confidently and own the click before a trip like that. I'm not really sure how to go about it because to wear stilettos confidently I'm going to have to practice a bit.

Perhaps I will have to increase my wear and move from the cone heels to my lower stiletto ankle boots first before walking anywhere too busy and public in stiletto heels. Maybe a short outing with my Wife, I always have my heel wearing confidence boosted by being accompanied by her. 

• Like 1

Addicted to the click

"Really do like those, look really good on you with those jeans, is that about a 31/2” heels, should give a comfortable walk, ideal Costa boots mate" 

Maninboots, I think they are 4", a bit higher than any stiletto I've worn before. Any stiletto makes me more self conscious when out in public so I'm figuring I need a two sided approach. One, wear the heels I'm more confident in as much as possible out and about and secondly do some short outings in my lower stilettos. 

• Like 1

Addicted to the click

1 minute ago, HeeledSteve said:

"Really do like those, look really good on you with those jeans, is that about a 31/2” heels, should give a comfortable walk, ideal Costa boots mate" 

Maninboots, I think they are 4", a bit higher than any stiletto I've worn before. Any stiletto makes me more self conscious when out in public so I'm figuring I need a two sided approach. One, wear the heels I'm more confident in as much as possible out and about and secondly do some short outings in my lower stilettos. 

Try longer trousers that cover the heels so not so noticeable, then if you go with your wonderfully supportive wife also wearing heels then anyone hearing the clicks would just think it’s her, start with short trips, Costa would actually be ideal and just act natural as if you’re doing nothing out of the ordinary, remember first time is always the worst but once you’ve mastered the first time it’ll be onwards and upwards, let me know how you get on, I’ve got every faith in you mate 

• Like 1

It is only a matter of time, I just need to have the confidence to wear stilettos. It's funny really because my first ever time out publicly in heels I wore  3.5" stiletto ankle boots but was walking not sitting anywhere with the heels on show. 

• Like 1

Addicted to the click

6 hours ago, HeeledSteve said:

It is only a matter of time, I just need to have the confidence to wear stilettos. It's funny really because my first ever time out publicly in heels I wore  3.5" stiletto ankle boots but was walking not sitting anywhere with the heels on show. 

What does your wife say about having the confidence to wear stilettos? She seems quite supportive.

I

17 hours ago, Shyheels said:

What does your wife say about having the confidence to wear stilettos? She seems quite supportive.

I.m going to answer in the thread Excursions Of Heeled Steve, as I;m aware this might be getting off the topic of simply what new boots have been bought.

Addicted to the click

I wear my 4" stiletto heel booties regularly but, as maninboots suggested, I do so with longer jeans that cover the heel.  The click is a bit disconcerting at times, but I've never heard a bad comment (or any comment for that matter).

• Like 2

I walk on hard surfaces all the time. You have to embrace the click and enjoy it. Watch those heads turn...see if you can give someone a whiplash.  Become one with the click.

(Too new wave for you...LOL)

• Like 1

So I was worried my wife was putting a hold on my shoe purchases. In all fairness, I’ve had a desire to buy more shoes out here than if I were back home. I blame it on idle hands, lol!

Anyway, I had previously mentioned to my wife about getting another pair of black knee high boots, to which her response was “You already have a nice pair.” I mainly had a desire after @p1ng74 posted his pair of black pull-on knee high boots.

While I know she wouldn’t let me spend that much, I had found a pair of Steve Madden that looked to be fairly comparable in style.

Now in all fairness, my wife expected a good reason for why I wanted them. Enter the first world problem:

I have TSA Precheck and I don’t want to have to take off my boots every time because they set off the metal detector. With a pair of pull on boots, no zipper, no issue.

Well I didn’t really explain that to her in the beginning, so I got shut down. But I noticed they had gone on sale through amazon and I just happened to have a $30 gift car from my sister for my birthday.

So it had been a little bit and I reapproached the conversation with the wife. She again asked why I wanted them, and then explained my first world problem. Surprisingly, she was like “ok, that makes sense, go ahead and get them.” Woohoo!

So here they are, being worn over skinny jeans. The amazon reviews said to order a size up, but there was no 10.5, so I would have had to get an 11, which would’ve been too big for me. So I stuck with the usual 10, and with my thicker socks, it is a little tight in the toe box, but I feel that will soften up a bit. I don’t think I would normally wear these over jeans as they are loose because they are pull on and I have tiny legs. I will keep my Nine West for that chore. They are my tallest boots, about 1/4” higher heel than my Nine West, which you can see in the one picture.

There was a very small scuff on the right boot at the front of the toe box, but it’s not worth returning them.

I am hoping to break these in before my flight a week from today so I can try them out!

The style name is called Eton, and they are leather, but it feels a bit thinner that what I would normally expect. Still a great boot though.

6EC38574-5329-4AD2-9406-F425611A50C1.jpeg

4254700A-2579-46AF-B3AD-9D2445A78E01.jpeg

41C952CA-30DE-409F-9D5F-6FF3F78923E2.jpeg

• Like 8

Very nice boots and a very sensible purchase, especially with the security at airports. Wouldn’t mindd a pair like that myself.  Here you have to take off any boots anyway, regardless of zippers, so it wouldn’t matter. I’d actually prefer a pair with zips as they are easier for me to remove than pull-on ones when you’re standing in the security queue. Nice that your wife is so supportive too. 

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Very nice boots and a very sensible purchase, especially with the security at airports. Here you have to take off any boots anyway, regardless of zippers, so it wouldn’t matter. I’d actually prefer a pair with zips as they are easier for me to remove than pull-on ones when you’re standing in the security queue. Nice that your wife is so supportive too. 

Thanks! I must admit I’ve been confused by that ever since I first heard that you have to remove your boots, no matter what, overseas. How long has that been a thing?

Quite a while. I find it hugely discriminatory. And irritating. I have some very nice pull-on knee boots I wear a hell of a lot but not when I fly because of the hassle on taking them off. They are custom made, fit perfectly but do require a bit of finagling to remove and with no place to sit and remove boots in the queue, just a big hassle for everybody. 

It usn’t just knee boots that attract the censorious eye - ankle boots, hiking boots, anything that could remotely be considered a boot has to come off although lately I have been able to sneak through with low canvas hiking boots which superficially resemble trail running shoes ...

Yes, it is surely tough to keep up with TSA rules, that seem to vary between airports.  I usually go through the "crew line", which only requires scanning "randomly".  The TSA folks are often short with me/us when "selected for random screening", thinking we should know all "the rules".  It is not worth the hassle of trying to explain that we/I rarely go through the screening lines so are not very familiar with "the rules"....Commenting that the "rules" seem to vary between airports would probably only result in "further screening".  So,  I usually just take off my boots, and pull the electronics out of the bag, just to avoid being hassled further. 

Kneebooted:  You look great in those boots and jeans, perfect combination for any terrain or walking situation....Let me know if you ever travel on AA, would be so cool to meet you on one of my flights....D

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, pebblesf said:

Yes, it is surely tough to keep up with TSA rules, that seem to vary between airports.  I usually go through the "crew line", which only requires scanning "randomly".  The TSA folks are often short with me/us when "selected for random screening", thinking we should know all "the rules".  It is not worth the hassle of trying to explain that we/I rarely go through the screening lines so are not very familiar with "the rules"....Commenting that the "rules" seem to vary between airports would probably only result in "further screening".  So,  I usually just take off my boots, and pull the electronics out of the bag, just to avoid being hassled further. 

Kneebooted:  You look great in those boots and jeans, perfect combination for any terrain or walking situation....Let me know if you ever travel on AA, would be so cool to meet you on one of my flights....D

Thank you for the compliments! As it so happens, I only try to fly through AA. I fly to SDF next Wednesday and then back out to California on the following Sunday. I do this for Christmas as well.

Edited by KneeBooted

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:20 AM, KneeBooted said:

6EC38574-5329-4AD2-9406-F425611A50C1.jpeg

4254700A-2579-46AF-B3AD-9D2445A78E01.jpeg

These look great, KneeBooted - really stylish and classic too. I too like a good block heel sometimes for that solid walk and look. Looks great over your jeans!

Enjoy them!

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:56 PM, HeeledSteve said:

My latest ankle boots, Ecco style 75   they seem to be a good fit, the heel fits nicely and so feel secure when walking. They feel snug and secure without being too tight so they feel like they would be  ok to walk in. I haven't worn them outside yet as wouldn't be able to get a refund once I've done that. For just over £26 new though I doubt if I will find anything similar for the price and based on how they feel wearing them around the house for hours at a time they are staying. 

IMG_0991.JPG

wow @HeeledSteve - these are great, and as everyone has said - at 26 quid for real leather, it would have been silly NOT to take them. So fantastic that your fie is so encouraging. I;m quite envious ;-) 

Enjoy them, and keep us posted on your outings in them.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:34 AM, p1ng74 said:

I found a really good Saks Off Fifth store for heels, and my dream boots!  I pulled on these Stuart Weitzman boots in size 10, and found them to be a bit snug.  Fortunately, this store has some sizes beyond 10, but the next one up they had was a whopping 11.5.  I tried them on and was pleased to discover that my feet locked into them just fine.  11 is probably ideal, but I’ll take a little bit of extra room - easily fixable with a pair of thicker socks if need be.  

Overall, these are amazing shoes.  I put them right on in the parking lot and they have been on my feet now for 9 hours straight without any discomfort.  They have already noticeably conformed to my feet enough that they do not feel too big.  They literally feel like soft socks over the legs and feet, but with a heel.  Made in Spain, top quality materials everywhere, it doesn’t get much better than this!  

1A69B6D5-EDCB-469E-9A55-9DBF355D4FA0.thumb.jpeg.62e31c4eb3690a88e5ae57cc9425a894.jpeg

8C26758D-5E07-48D0-A11F-3173C102882A.thumb.jpeg.15ad50548866f965e3f0651706312577.jpeg

E3800568-4D2A-4CC0-BDE7-6C65BCBE3D0B.thumb.jpeg.87336c826309402dfe7383304b967f4e.jpeg

wow @p1ng74 - these OYK boots are stunning, especially with the gorgeous skirt (I didn't know you wore skirts too!)  - its a great winter look and you really rock it. I have some flat OTK boots, and can say that I really enjoy being 'wrapped' all the way up by the long boot shafts.

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:34 PM, balletboot said:

I just scored a pair of nine west wedge knee boots and a pair of aldo ankle boots for $10 each at a local thrift store. Both new never worn :)

20181103_122954.jpg

20181103_123119.jpg

20181103_123102.jpg

20181103_123009.jpg

20181103_123038.jpg

gosh @balletboot - you are very lucky indeed!  I especially like those wedge boots, and they look fantastic both under your jeans as well as over the jeggings. The others are great too, I have a special liking  for wedge boots!!

Edited by jeremy1986
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

wow @p1ng74 - these OYK boots are stunning, especially with the gorgeous skirt (I didn't know you wore skirts too!)  - its a great winter look and you really rock it. I have some flat OTK boots, and can say that I really enjoy being 'wrapped' all the way up by the long boot shafts.

It was my first time ever wearing a kilt/skirt lol.  I picked it up on the same shopping trip because it has a nice waist line and silhouette, and I like the color and brass hardware details on it.  Unfortunately it is polyester, but the general look feels really good with OTK boots, so I will be on the lookout for others, and maybe I will wear them out one day...

On 10/28/2018 at 9:31 AM, spikesmike said:

Hello Heelers : The above post just goes to prove how stupid I am when it comes to computers. I do not remember trying to send

comments to YoYo.  This came up when I started to send a new reply.

crotchhiboots : Love your new JiaLuoWei crotch high boots. Question : Will you be wearing these out in public ? Can you even stand

in these boots ? I own a pair of ballets. I can stand but I can not walk in them. I sent my greatest respect to you for any effort. I am 

lucky to get around in these.    spikesmike5ad0c08130724_DSCF5342(1).thumb.JPG.95619e46994d9ede7484b9fbc09559f7.JPG

I've always wanted a pair of something like this. My Giaros are slightly difficult to wear...but Im up for a challenge. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeremy1986 said:

looking forward to seeing pics later today :-)

1 hour ago, HeeledSteve said:

Just had an email to say my new boots have been delivered to store and are ready for collection

Great can’t wait to see them 

Picked up the new boots,  from the Tu fashion range from Sainsburys. At first sight when I took them out I have to admit I didn't think that I would even get my foot into them. I was very surprised to find when I slipped my foot in they were  "tardis" like , much bigger than they looked and fit well. In terms of quality they seem ok (for the price point), not real suede though, a faux suede. To be honest though for £28 I wasn't expecting to obtain a real leather product. I haven't actually found a style like this in leather in a size 8 around so thought these would be worth a go. The heel is approx 85mm and is more of a slim cone than a stiletto. My Wife thinks they look alright and approves of them so they are being kept. Now just need an outing to take them on. I'm sure the opportunity will arise soon enough.

1628757082_TuLacedboots1.thumb.JPG.ebb71eb7f3c337c6eb0888b06aeee73b.JPG1961224006_Tulacedboots2.thumb.JPG.c04f47114cca248631d517a914b997a8.JPG

• Like 2

Addicted to the click

6 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

I concur, @HeeledSteve :-)

Very nice looking boot. Indeed, you'll need to pay for real leather... but you'll enjoy wearing these and if they scuffed from over use you can always buy another pair!

Yes I agree but I just haven’t been able to find a similar style to date in leather. They must exist, just haven’t found them yet.

Addicted to the click

8 hours ago, HeeledSteve said:

Picked up the new boots,  from the Tu fashion range from Sainsburys. At first sight when I took them out I have to admit I didn't think that I would even get my foot into them. I was very surprised to find when I slipped my foot in they were  "tardis" like , much bigger than they looked and fit well. In terms of quality they seem ok (for the price point), not real suede though, a faux suede. To be honest though for £28 I wasn't expecting to obtain a real leather product. I haven't actually found a style like this in leather in a size 8 around so thought these would be worth a go. The heel is approx 85mm and is more of a slim cone than a stiletto. My Wife thinks they look alright and approves of them so they are being kept. Now just need an outing to take them on. I'm sure the opportunity will arise soon enough.

1628757082_TuLacedboots1.thumb.JPG.ebb71eb7f3c337c6eb0888b06aeee73b.JPG1961224006_Tulacedboots2.thumb.JPG.c04f47114cca248631d517a914b997a8.JPG

They look fab mate, nice heel height for easy walking so I’m sure you’ll have many great outings in them, do you ever wear longer boots mate?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maninboots said:

They look fab mate, nice heel height for easy walking so I’m sure you’ll have many great outings in them, do you ever wear longer boots mate?

No At the moment I don’t have any longer boots though I wouldn’t rule out getting some at some point. I prefer my trousers to cover the top of the boot so unless they could be. covered then there seems no point as aesthetically most of the boot wouldn’t be on show.

Addicted to the click

I bought a couple "stealth" high heel boots last week, same brand, Sam Edelman, similar style. At first glance they look like a western boot.

The first style is call "Walden", zips on both sides, and a 2-1/2" ~ 2-3/4" modified western heel. Smooth leather. The heel is higher than advertised.

71uPKV3HJiL._SX480_.jpg

The other is called "Winona", similar heel, pull on with elastic around the ankle. Western stitching on the toe and arch.

71zihcvhbML._SX480_.jpg

I wore the one pair to work today, of course, nobody noticed.  Fairly comfortable, the size is slightly larger than I am used to. I generally find a woman's 10 to be a bit tight on my left foot so I ordered these in a 10-1/2 and ended up reordering them in size 10 and they fit fine with thin socks. As they are leather I anticipate they will stretch a bit then I will wear a heavier sock. The toes are a bit long and narrow, but I have narrow feet. Hard heel so they are noisy on hard floors. Roughly $150 for the one pair and $160 for the other.

Edited by Pumped
  • Like 7