Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

14 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

I love these boots! I’ve been looking for a pair like this but in brown... were they on sale? I went to Dillard’s website, too pricey for me lol

They are the “Calmma” boots and unfortunately does not seem to be available in brown.  They are selling at full price down here, which is fair as it is just the beginning of boot season.  They are made in China, but they are full leather and the materials look and feel good.  The leather is thin but soft, which seems to be the “slouch” style.  I don’t mind paying a little for boots that I will wear often and last a while, and we will see how these hold up.  The heel cap feels a bit plasticky, but I’ll get it switched out if and when the cap wears down.  

• Like 2

Hello everyone

I just picked up a pair of new (2nd hand) boots from Aus auction site gumtree

SIREN brand, lace up platform ankle boots. Ive never had a lace up pair before but the price was right ($10), for 'As New' boots in real leather

They are a little snug on left foot, but will stretch as they are leather.

They are very high, so going to take some time to get walking with confidence in them; 15cm heel, 3cm platform

IMG_6101.JPG

IMG_6102.JPG

• Like 9

Regards

James

23 minutes ago, Sydheel said:

IMG_6102.JPG

@Sydheel - they look great! 6" heel?  Good for you!!

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 1:47 PM, p1ng74 said:

I do want to work my way up to wearing 4” heels on a trip next week.  This is going to involve a lot of walking across parking lots and airports, so I will need to get in shape.  I put them on early this morning, headed to the supermarket, and walked around to see where we are at.  I have had the recent experience of wearing 3” for the first time, but 4” is another different feeling.  Strides are even shorter, and now I can feel new stretching at the ankles.  It feels good to do some stretches between the walks and it seems each walk is getting less strange.  

2D031339-E736-4C7B-A906-1B662807A0A1.jpeg

The new boots look amazing, @p1ng74 - enjoy them!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I found a really good Saks Off Fifth store for heels, and my dream boots!  I pulled on these Stuart Weitzman boots in size 10, and found them to be a bit snug.  Fortunately, this store has some sizes beyond 10, but the next one up they had was a whopping 11.5.  I tried them on and was pleased to discover that my feet locked into them just fine.  11 is probably ideal, but I’ll take a little bit of extra room - easily fixable with a pair of thicker socks if need be.  

Overall, these are amazing shoes.  I put them right on in the parking lot and they have been on my feet now for 9 hours straight without any discomfort.  They have already noticeably conformed to my feet enough that they do not feel too big.  They literally feel like soft socks over the legs and feet, but with a heel.  Made in Spain, top quality materials everywhere, it doesn’t get much better than this!  

1A69B6D5-EDCB-469E-9A55-9DBF355D4FA0.thumb.jpeg.62e31c4eb3690a88e5ae57cc9425a894.jpeg

8C26758D-5E07-48D0-A11F-3173C102882A.thumb.jpeg.15ad50548866f965e3f0651706312577.jpeg

E3800568-4D2A-4CC0-BDE7-6C65BCBE3D0B.thumb.jpeg.87336c826309402dfe7383304b967f4e.jpeg

Edited by p1ng74
Typo
  • Like 5

P1ng74,

You are new to heels and already have 4-5 pairs.  It's so easy to be a kid in a candy shoe, I know first hand. Take a short break in your purchases and enjoy the heels you already have. New boots are still coming in.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cali said:

P1ng74,

You are new to heels and already have 4-5 pairs.  It's so easy to be a kid in a candy shoe, I know first hand. Take a short break in your purchases and enjoy the heels you already have. New boots are still coming in.

You are right, and I realize it looks like I splurged this week.  Prior to this week, the purchases were small and mostly for learning and information gathering - evaluating and experimenting with the comfort, practicality, and overall look of different heel types.  I thought long and hard about this week’s 2 purchases, using what I learned, and I proceeded with what I hope will be working long term plans to wear these heels a lot.  I am pretty sure this will curb purchases for a while, as I have plenty to play with now.  

Wow, you should consider yourself fortunate to live in a place where heels like those are actually in a thrift shop. Can't imagine what people wear that boots like these would end up in a thrift store. 

Just ordered these. Well to be correct my Wife has bought them for me, She was browsing the TK Maxx website last nigh and then showed them to me, She said "what do you think of these ,they are leather and they have them in an 8  shall I get them for you?" I of course agreed to her suggetsion.

39142261-thumb-wl-02.jpg?context=bWFzdGVyfHByb2R1Y3QtaW1hZ2VzfDI5OTR8aW1hZ2UvanBlZ3xwcm9kdWN0LWltYWdlcy9oZTQvaGFiLzk4MjYzMDcyNDQwNjIuanBnfDc3ZTE4MWQ0ZGI2NzBhMjVjYmZlNWZiMzI0YzAyN2U1ZTMwOGRlYWUyN2E1Yjk3NmFhMGY0OGMwYjc1NDAxNjQ39142261-thumb-wl-01.jpg?context=bWFzdGVyfHByb2R1Y3QtaW1hZ2VzfDI1NzB8aW1hZ2UvanBlZ3xwcm9kdWN0LWltYWdlcy9oZmUvaDUyLzk4MjYyOTIzMDE4NTQuanBnfDMwMjM1ODNjNGI2YTYwY2YxZmUwYjdjNjkzNDhlNTAzN2FmYmFhMjkzMmVhOGQyYzI4ZmQ5OTdjNWFlNzA5Yzc

ECCO

Black Leather Boots

£26.00 

RRP £120.00

Save £94 (78%)

In black, this pair of black boots is perfect for everyday use, complete with a side zip.

• Upper: Leather. Inner: Leather & Textile. Sole: Synthetic
  • Heel Height: 3.5" / 9cm
Of course they may be too narrow, we were going to buy a larger size as well then return any that don't fit but 8 was the largest size available , toe appears to be an almond shape so I'm hoping they fit ok. If they do I'll post more photos later. For £26 for Ecco boots it seemed mad not to try them and TK Maxx will take them back, providing they have not been worn outside. 
  • Like 1

Addicted to the click

2 hours ago, HeeledSteve said:

Just ordered these. Well to be correct my Wife has bought them for me, She was browsing the TK Maxx website last nigh and then showed them to me, She said "what do you think of these ,they are leather and they have them in an 8  shall I get them for you?" I of course agreed to her suggetsion.

39142261-thumb-wl-02.jpg?context=bWFzdGVyfHByb2R1Y3QtaW1hZ2VzfDI5OTR8aW1hZ2UvanBlZ3xwcm9kdWN0LWltYWdlcy9oZTQvaGFiLzk4MjYzMDcyNDQwNjIuanBnfDc3ZTE4MWQ0ZGI2NzBhMjVjYmZlNWZiMzI0YzAyN2U1ZTMwOGRlYWUyN2E1Yjk3NmFhMGY0OGMwYjc1NDAxNjQ39142261-thumb-wl-01.jpg?context=bWFzdGVyfHByb2R1Y3QtaW1hZ2VzfDI1NzB8aW1hZ2UvanBlZ3xwcm9kdWN0LWltYWdlcy9oZmUvaDUyLzk4MjYyOTIzMDE4NTQuanBnfDMwMjM1ODNjNGI2YTYwY2YxZmUwYjdjNjkzNDhlNTAzN2FmYmFhMjkzMmVhOGQyYzI4ZmQ5OTdjNWFlNzA5Yzc

ECCO

Black Leather Boots

£26.00 

RRP £120.00

Save £94 (78%)

In black, this pair of black boots is perfect for everyday use, complete with a side zip.

• Upper: Leather. Inner: Leather & Textile. Sole: Synthetic
  • Heel Height: 3.5" / 9cm
Of course they may be too narrow, we were going to buy a larger size as well then return any that don't fit but 8 was the largest size available , toe appears to be an almond shape so I'm hoping they fit ok. If they do I'll post more photos later. For £26 for Ecco boots it seemed mad not to try them and TK Maxx will take them back, providing they have not been worn outside. 

They look fab, too good to refuse especially when being bought for you, you’ll have to post pictures of you out and about in them, have fun mate 

If they fit it would be good, depends on the width though but at the price it's worth trying. Plus TK Maxx never quibble on any return in my experience. The only reason I couldn't get a refund is if they were worn outside and if they don't fit then that's not an issue.

I will try to post a picture but might be a while as they are a bit higher than I normaly would wear. I have a similar ankle boot with a lower stiletto and I haven't mastered those well enough yet for anything but a short outing. That's one reason I'm on the lookout for an ankle boot with a kitten heel style. When she liked these and suggested buying them though I thought it was worth it as ankle boots are my preferred style and I will always have use for them.

Addicted to the click

You just never know what you might find at a thrift shop....The secret to success is to visit often.  Needless to say, you are less likely to find something good in a larger size, but on the other hand, something nice in a larger size is more likely to sit on the shelf waiting for you to come into the shop!

• Like 1

That's very true, might need to keep an eye open. I had a really nice pair of bronx lace up boots years ago. Hardly ever wore them and my Wife didn't like them. I regret giving them to charity shop now but it illustrates your point. Whoever bought them got a bargain.

They had too high a heel for me but I should have kept them to "graduate" into. Trouble was because they were too high I couldn't wear them at the time and she didn't like the colour, a very pale brown and the toe was very pointy. So they had a more extreme fetish look than an everday shoe. I have tried everywhere to find a similar style with a true lace up closure but a lower heel without any success. Charity shop is a good idea. The only similar ankle boots  I've seen so far are all synthetic uppers wheras theses were genuine leather.

Addicted to the click

3 hours ago, HeeledSteve said:

If they fit it would be good, depends on the width though but at the price it's worth trying. Plus TK Maxx never quibble on any return in my experience. The only reason I couldn't get a refund is if they were worn outside and if they don't fit then that's not an issue.

I will try to post a picture but might be a while as they are a bit higher than I normaly would wear. I have a similar ankle boot with a lower stiletto and I haven't mastered those well enough yet for anything but a short outing. That's one reason I'm on the lookout for an ankle boot with a kitten heel style. When she liked these and suggested buying them though I thought it was worth it as ankle boots are my preferred style and I will always have use for them.

Try New Look mate, they have some lovely kitten heels ankle boots in a variety of colours, quite cheap aswell so well worth a look mate, I’m sure you’ll find something suitable there 

The mystery has been solved, it seems that 41 is in fact a womens size 8, so they are what we ordered. Other boots I've bought have been a size 8 and have fit ok . Ive tried them on and they feel like they will be ok, snug but not too tight. This means they should not be too loose which should be ok. They are also leather uppers and it feels like if they stretch even a little they will be. a good fit. The almond shape toe means that the width across the foot is ok..  Before I forget they are Ecco Style 75. They are a 3.5" heels so are about 1/2" taller than any other stiletto I've worn so I plan to keep them to oneside  as I've still got a similar pair that I've worn with a 3" heel. 

Ecco 1.JPG

Ecco 2.JPG

Ecco 3.JPG

• Like 3

Addicted to the click

1 hour ago, HeeledSteve said:

The mystery has been solved, it seems that 41 is in fact a womens size 8, so they are what we ordered. Other boots I've bought have been a size 8 and have fit ok . Ive tried them on and they feel like they will be ok, snug but not too tight. ...

When I've browsed footwear (male or female) in TKMaxx, I've noticed that it often tends to go 'up' when converting sizes, as you have found.   I doubt that anyone working there has actually tried or measured a particular shoe before deciding on its 'true' size for labelling so it must be pot-luck when ordering online.   That said, you can get lucky - I am usually an Eu45 or UK11 but a couple of years ago found a pair of men's shoes (boring!) that were sold as 11 but clearly marked 44 and fitted well; I nearly ignored them. 

Yes, I wonder just how much of their stuff is based on US sizes. They do have some good quality shoes and boots at low prices though.

I have also noticed that the website have footwear we haven’t seen in any of the stores (in any size) so it’s probably worth looking both online and in store.

Addicted to the click

I like the boots, especially the almond toe. Not a fan of pointy toes. I notice that with a lot of shoe and boot companies they seem to interchange US and UK sizes depending on the model which makes buying online something of a crapshoot. Converse seem especially fond of doing this, I’ve noticed. 

43 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I like the boots, especially the almond toe. Not a fan of pointy toes. I notice that with a lot of shoe and boot companies they seem to interchange US and UK sizes depending on the model which makes buying online something of a crapshoot. Converse seem especially fond of doing this, I’ve noticed. 

Yes the almond toe is a feature I also liked about this particular style. Looking around many of the stiletto boots have a pointed toe. At the current time I prefer this almond toe shape and all my current boots have this toe shape.

Of course this does mean that I might need to keep an eye out for pointed toe styles if we see something we like.

Addicted to the click

My latest ankle boots, Ecco style 75   they seem to be a good fit, the heel fits nicely and so feel secure when walking. They feel snug and secure without being too tight so they feel like they would be  ok to walk in. I haven't worn them outside yet as wouldn't be able to get a refund once I've done that. For just over £26 new though I doubt if I will find anything similar for the price and based on how they feel wearing them around the house for hours at a time they are staying. 

IMG_0991 (1).JPG

IMG_0982 (2).JPG

IMG_0991.JPG

• Like 6

Addicted to the click

14 minutes ago, HeeledSteve said:

My latest ankle boots, Ecco style 75   they seem to be a good fit, the heel fits nicely and so feel secure when walking. They feel snug and secure without being too tight so they feel like they would be  ok to walk in. I haven't worn them outside yet as wouldn't be able to get a refund once I've done that. For just over £26 new though I doubt if I will find anything similar for the price and based on how they feel wearing them around the house for hours at a time they are staying. 

IMG_0991 (1).JPG

IMG_0982 (2).JPG

IMG_0991.JPG

Really do like those, look really good on you with those jeans, is that about a 31/2” heels, should give a comfortable walk, ideal Costa boots mate 

• Like 1