Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

4 minutes ago, Peter1 said:

Thanks a lot, hope that this nice comments help me to decide me getting out in them ! even if the heel is low and the style is something masculine, i'm sure that people who make a look on it will see that is women's shoes ^^

Peter

I'm hoping you will venture out in these boots, trust us when we say no one is going to recognize them as "women's boots".  I

• Like 1

I have two cognac pairs and one black pair. I bought the extra cognac and the black one when I saw them on clearance...missed the grey pair. Real easy to walking, even run in, comfortable and great for dancing!

• Like 1

I have learned a lot about women's fashion. Style's come and go real fast, if you find something you like you have to get them while they are still available.  Missed out of some great heels that are never coming back. So I have learned if something fits great, get multiple colors before they are gone.   Maybe that's why I have almost 50 pairs of high heels...

• Like 2

It's a good rule to follow with a lot of things, but of course especially with fickle fashion. 

A few years ago I passed up the opportunity to buy myself a second pair of rather old-fashioned but exquisitely made French bicycle pedals. I already had a pair, why get two. God I wish I had. Utterly unobtainable now...

Ordered these today. Found them on urbanplanet.ca on clearance. I am not usually into the lower block heel but I saw a woman wearing a similiar pair and liked the look. Thought maybe the top could be turned down and worn under a looser fitting jean. This could be my first step out into public with a rather inconspicuous heel depending on the heel coverage.

077134657815-17_x1500-1.jpg

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Cali said:

How high are the heels, and do the zippers go all the way up.

The heel is only 3" and I believe the zipper may go all the way to the top. They may or not be able to be folded down to be below the knee. If not no loss because I still like the OTK look and they will look good with skinny jeans.

I wore mine - heavy grey suede, biker style, low heel - to pick up a takeaway curry just last night, busy high street and busy shop and I sincerely doubt anybody noticed. I certainly didn't notice anybody noticing - in fact I never really gave it a thought; I never do.

Maybe.

But it wouldn't exactly rock city hall...

Most people seem to be in their own little bubble. 

A town near me has a mediaeval battle reenactment every year and people walk along the footpaths in mediaeval battle dress and nobody seems to notice...

Edited by Shyheels

2 hours ago, Cali said:

The one's I want to wear to work are Nine West brown suede with a 4 inch heel.  Certain that if I wore these on the outside somebody might notice.

s-l1600.jpg

These look wonderful! I have some knee high Nine West boots, and love how comfortable they are.

• Like 1

These aren't new, I've have had them for about 6-7 yrs, but I've never wore them out until now, so there is that  LOL.  The thigh boot in general is a bit bold for me to wear, and they are kind of hard to walk in, even with a platform they have a very steep incline and a narrow base .  I wore them early in the morning to a place where I knew there would not be many people around.  :)  

20180203_064930.jpg

20180203_064923.jpg

• Like 9

23 hours ago, bnchmrk said:

Ordered these today. Found them on urbanplanet.ca on clearance. I am not usually into the lower block heel but I saw a woman wearing a similiar pair and liked the look. Thought maybe the top could be turned down and worn under a looser fitting jean. This could be my first step out into public with a rather inconspicuous heel depending on the heel coverage.

You should absolutely wear them out,,,,,,,,, with leggings or skinny jeans tucked inside!!!

• Like 1

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 5:00 AM, bnchmrk said:

Wow, @bnchmrk - these look great. Am sure they will look stunning along with your trademark mini skirts/dresses. They are really tasteful and look very comfy to wear.

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 6:47 AM, Cali said:

I like full zippers, half-zippers just doesn't work for me.  I'm trying to get up the nerve to wear my OTK boots to work.

I actually like the half zippers more - I feel it gives more form to the shaft and I enjoy the sensation of pulling the boots up my legs.

Hope you get to wear your OTK (or knee high) boots to work soon. Choose a quieter day and test the waters.... 

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 7:03 AM, Shyheels said:

I wore mine - heavy grey suede, biker style, low heel - to pick up a takeaway curry just last night, busy high street and busy shop and I sincerely doubt anybody noticed. I certainly didn't notice anybody noticing - in fact I never really gave it a thought; I never do.

Good for you, @Shyheels !! Your first? Did you wear them over your skinny jeans?

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:48 AM, Cali said:

The one's I want to wear to work are Nine West brown suede with a 4 inch heel.  Certain that if I wore these on the outside somebody might notice.

s-l1600.jpg

Are these them, or just a sample? Really nice!!

15 hours ago, hhboots said:

These aren't new, I've have had them for about 6-7 yrs, but I've never wore them out until now, so there is that  LOL.  The thigh boot in general is a bit bold for me to wear, and they are kind of hard to walk in, even with a platform they have a very steep incline and a narrow base .  I wore them early in the morning to a place where I knew there would not be many people around.  :)  

20180203_064930.jpg

20180203_064923.jpg

These look great @hhboots! How high is the heel? I agree, the platform isn't always the most elegant look, but they are certainly trendy, look great and make the walk a little easIer!
Sounds like you should be wearing them more often :cheeky:

49 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

Good for you, @Shyheels !! Your first? Did you wear them over your skinny jeans?

On 03/02/2018 at 6:48 AM, Cali said:

No, not the first time I wore my otk boots out. Just a comment made apropos of a post. And yes, I wear them over my skinny jeans. I can’t imagine even trying to tuck them under my jeans. That would be such a faff I’d never bother wearing them

• Like 1

I don’t actually know if anyone noticed my boots. It never really occurs to me to look around and notice. I wear them a lot and so it doesn’t seem odd to me. As I say they are low-heeled, biker style in heavy grey suede. Nothing extraordinary but beautifully made and comfortable to wear and they blend in well with my jeans.  Other than their height, which is unusual for men to wear, they are quite normal.

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I don’t actually know if anyone noticed my boots. It never really occurs to me to look around and notice. I wear them a lot and so it doesn’t seem odd to me. As I say they are low-heeled, biker style in heavy grey suede. Nothing extraordinary but beautifully made and comfortable to wear and they blend in well with my jeans.  Other than their height, which is unusual for men to wear, they are quite normal.

I've been of the opinion that people ALWAYS notice when guys like us wear heels, the issue is how people react to what they see, and, more often than not, they choose not to react. We enter the orbit of passersby for just an instant, then we're quickly forgotten as people go about their lives and affairs. Short and sweet: nothing to worry about. Nice look, by the way.

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

12 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Are these them, or just a sample? Really nice!!

Jeremy YES. its them, but just a sample. Trying to keep Tech happy with a tiny picture (11kb).

They are Nine West Samreno. I had to go up to a size 11 since they have pointed toes. I think one of my first pointed toe heels.

Hope you get to wear your OTK (or knee high) boots to work soon. Choose a quieter day and test the waters.... 

I have no "quieter day" in my profession.

So I just took some more pictures in them

9WestHH.JPG

• Like 4

Found these yesterday on a final sale. They are the match to my knee high boots without side zipper accents. These are the OTK version. Just a cheap china version but for $15. Who is going to complain.

20180204_171019-489x943.jpg

20180204_171044-415x798.jpg

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Cali said:

Jeremy YES. its them, but just a sample. Trying to keep Tech happy with a tiny picture (11kb).

They are Nine West Samreno. I had to go up to a size 11 since they have pointed toes. I think one of my first pointed toe heels.

I have no "quieter day" in my profession.

So I just took some more pictures in them

9WestHH.JPG

These are really nice, Cali. Very sharp and quite formal looking even.

Hope you get to show them off one day!

14 hours ago, bnchmrk said:

20180204_171044-415x798.jpg

Good looking boots, @bnchmrk. The "fake" zip on the outside is a nice design element. (i assume its fake, seen as there is one on the inside)

So I discovered the app/website called PoshMark a while back, and had found some boots and shoes I liked, but hadn't really pulled the trigger.

But I finally had sold my Hunter rain boots on there(I decided I wanted a matte pair instead of gloss, but I'm not worried about getting them yet), and decided to get some boots!

The first pair is Sorel Conquest Carly. They are a size 10, true to size, and super comfortable to wear over or under jeans! They're meant for snow, and although we don't really have any here, I figure it's best to be prepared!

The next pair I purchased were some amazingly cute ankle boots from Aldo! I would be lying if I said I wasn't thrilled to get these and wear them out! However, as I learned after receiving them, PoshMark seems to size things weird. They were listed as a 10 because according to the app/site, a 40 UK is a 10 US. Well, they don't fit... more like a 9-9.5? I can get them on, but my feet hurt and I don't think any kind of stretching will help. So I am going to sell them on here and see if there are any takers. I was super disappointed...

Last, but not least, I was browsing eBay, looking through a seller's items who I happen to know personally. She buys returned inventory, etc. from places like DSW, etc. and then sells them on eBay. I had been wanting some Sorel Joan of Arctic wedges, and she finally got a pair in my size! I purchased them last night and will hopefully have them this week!

Sode note: between these purchases and the shoes I will have posted about in The Who Has Bought New Shoes thread, my wife told me I've hit my limit, lol! So no more purchases for a good while. But, happy wife, happy life!

IMG_5600.PNG

IMG_5599.JPG

IMG_5598.JPG

IMG_5597.JPG

IMG_5596.JPG

IMG_5601.PNG

So the order is out of wack in the post above!

pictures are ordered this way:

Sorel Joan of Arctic

Aldo

Aldo

Sorel Conquest Carly

Sorel Conquest Carly

Sorel Joan of Arctic

• Like 3