Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

I got these off Ebay for just over £10 delivered. The arrived yesterday and I've got them on now at work. 4.5 inch block heels and round toes. Perfect apart from the fact that wedges would be more subtle. My wife just said 'MORE boots' but hasn't commented one way or the other.

New boots.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

3 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Very nice! If you were to wear those under jeans, except to the abbreviated length of your foot, I doubt many people would ever notice.

Most wouldn't, and I'd be surprised, though rather gratified, if anyone mentioned them to me. They are also quite quiet - quieter than some men's shoes I have. They're easy to walk in. Just one thing is the zips, which are really stiff to start with. I put a drop of oil on mine as I was afraid of breaking the tag on the zip, which is exactly what I did with another pair the same I bought a few weeks ago. I had to put a split ring on the zip, so it's serviceable but not elegant. I didn't show my wife those as I wasn't sure about her reaction. The boots were still available so I thought I'd get another pair while they were still around, and do it openly. Might get another pair too if the feedback from my wife is favourable, as they are about the most masculine 4.5 inch boots I've seen. I just wish they were leather, but then they wouldn't be so cheap if they were.

• Like 1

John Milton

Great purchase, Tacchi!

I would suggest parafin (from a candle) on your zipper instead of oil. Oil has a nasty propensity to wick everywhere and it can get messy. Parafin stays in place. Just take a candle and rub it on the zipper and then run the zipper up and down a few times to distribute the wax where it can do the lubrication it needs to. Much better than oil

Enjoy wearing your boots, and keep us posted on your wife's acceptance.

Steve

5 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Good point about wicking.  Just curious - what about beeswax? Would that accomplish the same thing do you suppose? 

Steve means paraffin wax (from a candle), not the liquid variety (kerosene)!   Such wax is a tried and tested lubricant for zips, drawer runners etc.   Solid beeswax would be equally good; the 'paste' variety (as used for furniture polish) contains solvents and may wick a little, so take care.   A silicone or PTFE spray (or furniture polish) is equally good, but again beware of wicking; one way of minimising that would be to spray a little onto a rag and then wipe the zip. 

I bought these famolare boots online. Made in 1970! 

IMG_1286.JPG

New wedge boots!

IMG_1196.JPG

IMG_1206.JPG

Hanna boots from 1976! Old Canadian shoe company that is no longer in business. 

IMG_1195.JPG

Platform boot collection

IMG_1258.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips. I just had the oil (olive oil) right there so used a tiny amount. The zips are much freer now anyway after a few careful movements of the tab up and down. I have them on today under floor-length trousers (not boot-cut jeans, which are my usual wear). Obviously I've hiked the right trouser leg up to show the heel - the hems aren't that different! :cheeky: 

Pict2148a.jpg

Pict2150b.jpg

• Like 6

John Milton

Just wondering whether to wear them to a business meeting tomorrow or wear my usual wedges... I expect it will be my wedges as I don't want to freak too many people out, even if most of them are pretty open and non-judgmental.

John Milton

On 22/01/2018 at 10:41 AM, jeremy1986 said:

Running in wedges like that could cause you harm!

I'll bet your tower over your meeting counterparts in those 

Not if you know how to run in them! I'm not tall so most people are still taller than me. They only raise me about 2.5 inches.

John Milton

Late christmas today !

just receveid today  a pair of gabrielle boots from sky-scrapers.co.uk (color autumn leaf)  ordered the 7 dec. so the 6 weeks making delay was pretty correct  ! 

img_8438.jpgimg_8519.jpgimg_8518.jpg
img_8517.jpgimg_8516.jpgimg_8515.jpg

I love it !

• Like 7

9 hours ago, yoyo said:

Late christmas today !

just receveid today  a pair of gabrielle boots from sky-scrapers.co.uk (color autumn leaf)  ordered the 7 dec. so the 6 weeks making delay was pretty correct  ! 

I love it !

They look amazing - especially with those jeggings 

how high is the heel?

• Like 1

The heel height is 5.5" (14cm). The quality of soft leather, of making, size perfectly choosen (uk 11.5), all is good !

Another thing that was the first time i seen, is stilettos tips. they are full metal  ! that make lot of noize when i walk, but this is indestructible ! very much better than plastic tips with metal insert we can see on lot of shoes !

Edited by yoyo
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, yoyo said:

Late christmas today !

I love it !

Very nice! Those boots look seriously sharp! Happy wearing!

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

16 hours ago, Cali said:

I know a woman that can run in stilettos, I can jog in wedges and almost run in some of my 4 inch boots and booties.  Oh, the skills one CAN learn to do.

There are Youtube clips on how to run in heels. Main thing is to avoid putting the heel down, as that's when you'd break an ankle. I'm sure many here have seen videos of the high heel races. Some can run at an amazing speed; you also see people who've fallen over!

• Like 1

John Milton

3 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I want to see someone do a triple jump in stilettos - now that would be sight to see...

They would have to be very rigid boots!

John Milton