Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

Earlier this month I sent my wife a e-mail with a link of a pair of over the knee boots I liked. She asked me if the boots were for her or me. I told her they looked like my Christmas present from her. They got ordered, but just did not fit so they went back. I showed her a second pair, Pleaser Indulge 3011 in leather and they came the other day. I am quite pleased with the quality and how they fit. I was not expecting much as they are not known to be high quality, but I believe they are well worth what they cost. 

A couple years ago my wife about flipped out about my heel wearing and they all had to go, about a year she came to me and gave it and is accepting it. She just shakes her head. She mentioned one day that she gets home the heels come off, when I get home the heels go on!

indulge-3011.jpg

Edited by Pumped
  • Like 3

My new boots have arrived just in time for the New Year celebration! Wore these out for the first time on 29 Dec & they are SO comfortable & are fast becoming my first choice boots. These are Calvin Klein Polomia boots in Size 10. More pics in the gallery. I've also ordered another pair of over knees (Charles David Cha boots) which are en route still. Will post pics of those when they arrive! Happy New Year to all!  Polomia32.thumb.gif.704db21abf95132766b1c7a2d68f89dd.gif

Edited by bootedbloo
  • Like 9

On 31/12/2017 at 4:54 PM, Pumped said:

Earlier this month I sent my wife a e-mail with a link of a pair of over the knee boots I liked. She asked me if the boots were for her or me. I told her they looked like my Christmas present from her. They got ordered, but just did not fit so they went back. I showed her a second pair, Pleaser Indulge 3011 in leather and they came the other day. I am quite pleased with the quality and how they fit. I was not expecting much as they are not known to be high quality, but I believe they are well worth what they cost. 

A couple years ago my wife about flipped out about my heel wearing and they all had to go, about a year she came to me and gave it and is accepting it. She just shakes her head. She mentioned one day that she gets home the heels come off, when I get home the heels go on!

These are stunning boots  - are they the first pair or second? Its great that you could just put it out there and ask for it. I remember years where my wife would ask what I want for my birthday, and the only thing I had going round in my head was "a pair of heels"... still not sure if that is what I would ask for - I have around 20 pairs now  - that i have bought myself mostly - and more than I need! I still get "shakes of the head" from her too sometimes, but I think my wife may be a little beyond that  - she just accepts (as posted in my thread yesterday). But even just a shake of the head, and then the package arriving the next day is great!

On 31/12/2017 at 11:54 PM, bootedbloo said:

My new boots have arrived just in time for the New Year celebration! Wore these out for the first time on 29 Dec & they are SO comfortable & are fast becoming my first choice boots. These are Calvin Klein Polomia boots in Size 10. More pics in the gallery. I've also ordered another pair of over knees (Charles David Cha boots) which are en route still. Will post pics of those when they arrive! Happy New Year to all!

Great heels there bud!

Edited by Tech
Do not quote the actual images themselves.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

These are stunning boots  - are they the first pair or second? Its great that you could just put it out there and ask for it. I remember years where my wife would ask what I want for my birthday, and the only thing I had going round in my head was "a pair of heels"... still not sure if that is what I would ask for - I have around 20 pairs now  - that i have bought myself mostly - and more than I need! I still get "shakes of the head" from her too sometimes, but I think my wife may be a little beyond that  - she just accepts (as posted in my thread yesterday). But even just a shake of the head, and then the package arriving the next day is great!

Great heels there bud!

Second pair. The first were a fabric pair from Beston, EJ67 on Amazon. I tried a 11 as they said they run small, then ordered the 10 which fit, but were not even close to comfortable. They fit so weird I could not even explain it, so they went back. and ordered the Pleasers, which I am very pleased with.

My feet are weird, my right is just short of a women's size 9, the left is closer to a 9 1/2, just about 1 whole size off so I have fun finding shoes that fit. I have learned to deal with a slightly cramped left foot and a loose right, no other combination works!

I put the Pleasers on this morning and wore them around the house for 8-9 hours, putzing around and helping my wife with some chores. Took a break for a while this evening and can't sleep, so I am sitting here wearing them again at 2 AM. I would buy them again.

• Like 1

Just now, Pumped said:

Second pair. The first were a fabric pair from Beston, EJ67 on Amazon. I tried a 11 as they said they run small, then ordered the 10 which fit, but were not even close to comfortable. They fit so weird I could not even explain it, so they went back. and ordered the Pleasers, which I am very pleased with.

My feet are weird, my right is just short of a women's size 9, the left is closer to a 9 1/2, just about 1 whole size off so I have fun finding shoes that fit. I have learned to deal with a slightly cramped left foot and a loose right, no other combination works!

I put the Pleasers on this morning and wore them around the house for 8-9 hours, putzing around and helping my wife with some chores. Took a break for a while this evening and can't sleep, so I am sitting here wearing them again at 2 AM. I would buy them again.

Yeah - my left foot is slightly bigger too! 

That's great you were able to wear them for so long, and with your wife.

• Like 1

Most people are about 1/2 size different from left to right. Makes me wish you could pair up shoes individually. In my case my left is also bigger than my right. I always buy based on the fit to my left foot.

• Like 1

@Pumped Congrats on your Pleasers!  I've got plenty of pairs of their boots and without a doubt they are some of my most comfortable for long term wear.  Just last night I wore a pair of Vanity knee high boots from about 6 until 11:30 or so.  Do yours have any kind of artificial vinyl strip at the top where your knee cap would rub?  My pair of Legend 8899s do and it's annoying.  They make my knee caps sweat,, which I didnt even know was a thing.  The rest of the boot is nice soft leather with a nice fabric lining, but that upper part over the knee is leather on the outside and vinyl on the inside.

• Like 1

Just purchased these Vince Camuto size 10 (I am surprised they actually fit, usually get 11 in VC) at Saks off 5th in Grand Prairie.  They have a 20.5" tall shaft and have a somewhat substantial leather construction, not real soft leather but more like real riding boots.  I really like this color, I'm afraid I now have four pairs of boots in this general shade.  They stand up on their own when set on the floor.  With my arch I generally like a 3 to 4 inch heel but they were so nice I couldn't pass them up.  I went by Dillards (50% off) but that zoo was insane today.  They had taser toting police (tasers in front instead of usual side) in the shoe department to keep the customers from getting out of hand.  That was at the Arlington store, no telling what North Park was like as it's bigger.  Nobody in Saks, just 60% off on these without the fights and pushing. 

Camuto3.JPG

• Like 8

15 hours ago, bootlover78 said:

@Pumped Congrats on your Pleasers!  I've got plenty of pairs of their boots and without a doubt they are some of my most comfortable for long term wear.  Just last night I wore a pair of Vanity knee high boots from about 6 until 11:30 or so.  Do yours have any kind of artificial vinyl strip at the top where your knee cap would rub?  My pair of Legend 8899s do and it's annoying.  They make my knee caps sweat,, which I didnt even know was a thing.  The rest of the boot is nice soft leather with a nice fabric lining, but that upper part over the knee is leather on the outside and vinyl on the inside.

Yes, the upper part is lined with some sort of man made material. I guess i didn't notice as my feet and legs are warm in them. I have a couple pairs of women's skinny stretch jeans that i wear with them, as well as some short jean shorts.

I wish I had the balls, plus the wife's support to wear them in public.

18 hours ago, Pumped said:

I wish I had the balls, plus the wife's support to wear them in public.

Each step we take is hard.

The last big step was last fall (northern hemisphere) when I started to wear dark color fingernail gel. It was scary at first, but the world did not end and now several women always asks to see them. I get several compliments each week, three today alone.

My next step is showing the tops of my boots. I have at least 7 calf or higher high-heeled boots and I would love to be able to wear them in such a way that I show the top. With skinny jeans or leggings/yoga pants. Maybe one day soon I'll get the cojones.

Cali,

You're right about taking big steps. I haven't done dark fingernails yet, as my wife really doesn't like them herself, so I stick to less obvious shades to keep peace in the family. I've been more adventurous with my toes, wearing a medium dusky red. She lets me get away with that, but I'm not pushing the envelope any further. Oh, yeah, there was one exception, a certain holiday that occurred last March 17. See below.

As to boot tops, she doesn't like that either, except for flat heel and western boots, so I usually wear bootcut jeans over heeled boots, unless the snow is deep. Then I insist on tucking in my pants or jeans, and she's ok with it. I've done that several times. The first time is a bit scary, but I got over it quickly and acted confidently. No problem after that.

Steve

St Patrick Day 3-17-17a.JPG

IMG_1009.JPG

Edited by Steve63130

22 hours ago, Cali said:

Each step we take is hard.

Cali, like I said if my wife was supportive it would make a huge difference. Right now she tolerates my heels. She worries that some how our friends will find out and not understand. Our close friends have seen me in my chunky, 4" heeled boots so I honestly don't think they would be surprised. Untill my wife is on board I will keep the more obvious, like 4" stiletto heels and OTK boots at home. 

We have a party to go to this weekend. She was planning her wardrobe and I stepped away and put on a pair of black waxed stretch jeans, a dress shirt and my OTK Pleasers and asked what she thought. She said it looked great, but I wasn't leaving the house wearing it!

On 12/18/2017 at 2:39 PM, Alphiks said:

These beauties arrived today! Fashion Thirsty OTK, bought off a 3rd party eBay seller because Fashion Thirsty themselves don't ship to Slovenia.

I see these on Amazon all the time and love them. I just don't like the shipping to the US and if I wanted to return them, otherwise I would own a pair!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Shyheels said:

The funny thing is if a man said to his wife that there is no way you are leaving the house wearing X (whatever) he would be condemned as a controlling neanderthal... 

Sure, but that certainly does not apply in my situation.  I love my wife dearly and she was freaked out when this high heel thing "popped" up. She is used to her man in work boots, flannel shirts and blue jeans. when the shoes came out it was "hell no!" at first, but through time she has accepted it and puts up with me hanging out around home in heels. 

The funny thing is she bought a pair of heels for me as a joke, and I liked them so she takes some responsibility for getting the cat of the bag. She gave them to me, and said if you like them so much, you wear them, and I did, for a while until she just had enough. That was about 5-6 years ago and today I wear heels most of the time around home. The time may come where i may venture out with her support so I don't push it. I do have a couple pairs of chunky heels boots I wear out that she doesn't have and issue with. I am just giving it some time.

Edited by Pumped
  • Like 5

Playing it conservatively can't hurt. You know your wife better than anyone else, so do whatever it takes to keep her happy, confident, and comfortable with what you decide to wear. Keep us posted on your progress!

Steve

• Like 1

I was not directing my remark at you or your situation but in the broad scheme of things. I'm sorry if that is how it came across. It sounds as though you have worked things out in a way that satisfies both parties and that is great. 

On 06/01/2018 at 12:52 AM, redandwhite said:

Apologies for not following the conversation, but I just had to show off my latest boots. Lk Bennett black leather with a zip up the back

Great purchase :happy:

Edited by Tech
Do not quote the actual images themselves.
  • Like 4

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!