Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

13 hours ago, luketheduke8 said:

as promised here they are :D

I can't really see the point of those boots.   They took you an age to put on, with obvious difficulty, and you can barely even stand in them without support.   Do you really expect to be able to walk in them, even with practice?

On this cold and rainy day and wearing my Knee High Wedge boots from Public Desire. I am still surprised how they stocked this classic looking boot - most of their stock is much more trendy and "on the edge" than this style, and I don't find many pairs I like there. Heel is about 3.5" high, and they are quite thin - much thinner than your standard wedge heel (even though you cant really see it in the picture below).

My wife came home from doing some errands in her slip slops!! I don't know how she does it... I showed her that I am wearing much more weather appropriate footwear and she smiled and said she saw. 

I love them - they are so cosy!!

20171121_100206.thumb.jpg.f60f2def9f6b7094d021d62375b66aee.jpg20171121_100149.thumb.jpg.9cf22802de510e94964562c05aa1aad0.jpg20171121_100258.thumb.jpg.fb3418631d387f078b5e33582c1908ca.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bootlover78 said:

Luke, are the shafts really as inflexible as they advertise them to be?  I mean, they say the thigh high version would not allow you to bend your knees at all, but they seem to still have some flex to them.  I've been looking into a pair of their boots for quite some time.  I got a custom quote for a knee high pair of lace up boots with 12cm heels, but removing the zipper and adding the locking zippered flap from the "secret II" ballet boots they sell.  I guess a different way to describe them would have been taking their "secret II" ballet boot and making it into a 12cm single sole boot.  The idea is something comfortable that could be worn for long periods and be locked on.  My wife likes to go out for the weekend with her friends once in a while and sometimes we play games.  Knowing she has the keys with her would be an awesome feeling.

they are stiff but you can flex them a tad, the boots are made to your size.

i was going to get locking zips but didnt

the quality are amazing, i will say one boot the zip came off after one use BUT they paid for the repair, and when that failed again they refunded me and let me keep them, 

but go for them :D

9 hours ago, Puffer said:

I can't really see the point of those boots.   They took you an age to put on, with obvious difficulty, and you can barely even stand in them without support.   Do you really expect to be able to walk in them, even with practice?

the reason they took so long to put on is they are a hard shaft boot so they are made to be a real snug fit, you are supposed to put them on standing. 

one day id love to be able to walk in them, and yes with practise i think i will be able to,.

If you stick to your comfort zone then you will never get any better in higher heels

• Like 1

Your a nut, your crazier than a coconut

4 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Yeah Luke!  Those boots and camo pants are an amazing combination.   Powerful, masculine, and so sexy.   I dream of wearing those boots and being able to walk confidently in them....

thank you i felt the boots needed camo pants lol for some reason

• Like 1

On 21/11/2017 at 8:15 AM, Puffer said:

Who needs a 'point'? He likes them, and is prepared to practise in them. I know he also has some other awesome heels that are almost impossible to walk in. I have a strong fetish side to me which makes me want to be locked in extreme heels, and I have in fact gone for a half-mile walk in locked-on 5.5 inch stilettos (not extreme for me - I can walk in them quite well), leaving the keys in the car. I also have a pair of ballet boots, and I love the helpless feeling while wearing them. However, those are for indoors, obviously, and I'm just glad to be in 4-4.5 inch heels in public all the time, wearing them because I choose to wear them.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

@luketheduke8Great boots! They look very tight and that’s a good thing. I was thinking the zipper kept getting stuck on the loose pants fabric

Wearing them with leggings or stockings or or some other thin, skin tight fabric or just on bare legs would reduce the bulk inside the shaft and let the zipper slide easier.

If they’re genuine leather, you could try some tricks to stretch them too.

4 hours ago, alphax said:

@luketheduke8Great boots! They look very tight and that’s a good thing. I was thinking the zipper kept getting stuck on the loose pants fabric

Wearing them with leggings or stockings or or some other thin, skin tight fabric or just on bare legs would reduce the bulk inside the shaft and let the zipper slide easier.

If they’re genuine leather, you could try some tricks to stretch them too.

hiya Alphax

the zipper cam off the 2nd time trying them on (bare legged) and i have semi fixed them so the reason one doesnt fully zip up is they dont have the stoppers at the top so it would just zip off lol

they arent leather i know for sure as the site sold them as vegan friendly boots :D

10 hours ago, Tacchi Alti said:

Who needs a 'point'? He likes them, and is prepared to practise in them. I know he also has some other awesome heels that are almost impossible to walk in. I have a strong fetish side to me which makes me want to be locked in extreme heels, and I have in fact gone for a half-mile walk in locked-on 5.5 inch stilettos (not extreme for me - I can walk in them quite well), leaving the keys in the car. I also have a pair of ballet boots, and I love the helpless feeling while wearing them. However, those are for indoors, obviously, and I'm just glad to be in 4-4.5 inch heels in public all the time, wearing them because I choose to wear them.

The 'point' was just as I said - that the boots appeared almost unwearable.   If struggling into something and admiring it whilst stationary, and supported, gives you a thrill, then go for it.   But it looked as though the potential for something close to 'normal' wearing and walking would be very limited, even after practice.   I hope for the owner's sake that I am wrong.   As for the other shoes I have seen in the collection, they are likewise mostly extreme and impractical ('awesome' if you must - a much misused word) and, imho, scarcely good-looking.   All that these exchanges illustrate is the big divide between fashion and fetish, both of which have their adherents.

Wearing extremely tall heels (7” or higher) is really challenging.  Just putting them on is a chore, yet alone walking any distance while wearing while wearing them.  Even if you get to the place where you can stand up with them on, your proficiency will always be measured by how straight (un-bent) and natural your knees are when standing or walking.

Edited by Bubba136

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Ahhh, but this is the wonderful thing about heels.  There is something available to please all tastes.  I personally have 0 desire to wear or even look at sandals, but I see other members gawk and drool over them.  I do find part of Puffer's statement a bit harsh though.  You hope for the owners sake that you are wrong and he can wear these heels "normally".  Thats quite a bit of judgement being passed there.  Perhaps their entire goal is to wear them in a very limited capacity with very difficult footsteps?  That would be like saying a hobble skirt isnt worth buying because it limits the wearers footsteps so much it's impractical.  For that type of garment, being restricted is the normal way of wearing it.  Same for these boots.  "Normal" means tiny, mincing footsteps and a very limited amount of mobility.  If they didnt want this forced bondage so to speak, they would have ordered the boots with a 12cm heel rather than 18cm and they would have ordered a normal shaft material rather than the stiffer material.  Those were conscious choices they made with one single intent, restrict mobility.

• Like 2

On 11/2/2017 at 2:35 AM, Tacchi Alti said:

I didn't make them. Bought them off Ebay. They're still available but they go up to size 8 and that's snug. £9.99 plus p&p - I paid nearly £30 for the first pair but they're still going strong. Brand is Spot On, which do several styles with more 'masculine' looks: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SALE-LADIES-SPOT-ON-BROWN-BLACK-HIDDEN-WEDGE-BOOTS-WITH-BUCKLE-DETAIL-F50333/281462542509?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=581195277320&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Yes, I wish he had commented, really. It seems 'coming out' is a difficult thing...

How is the sizing on these? Are they true to size?

As I said, they are a bit of a snug fit, so probably slightly small. However, they've stretched a bit with wear and are fine on my size 8 feet. I've walked many miles in them and they are very comfortable.

John Milton

23 hours ago, bootlover78 said:

Ahhh, but this is the wonderful thing about heels.  There is something available to please all tastes.  I personally have 0 desire to wear or even look at sandals, but I see other members gawk and drool over them.  I do find part of Puffer's statement a bit harsh though.  You hope for the owners sake that you are wrong and he can wear these heels "normally".  Thats quite a bit of judgement being passed there.  Perhaps their entire goal is to wear them in a very limited capacity with very difficult footsteps?  That would be like saying a hobble skirt isnt worth buying because it limits the wearers footsteps so much it's impractical.  For that type of garment, being restricted is the normal way of wearing it.  Same for these boots.  "Normal" means tiny, mincing footsteps and a very limited amount of mobility.  If they didnt want this forced bondage so to speak, they would have ordered the boots with a 12cm heel rather than 18cm and they would have ordered a normal shaft material rather than the stiffer material.  Those were conscious choices they made with one single intent, restrict mobility.

I apologise for suggesting that the owner/wearer of such boots might wish to wear them and walk in them 'normally' (howsoever defined).   Perhaps I may be forgiven for thinking, in my extreme ignorance, that footwear is primarily intended to be worn and walked in rather than used, probably in some discomfort if not with virtual immobility, for an essentially fetishistic purpose.   I do now realise that my preference for style, mobility and reasonable comfort - given the obvious constraints of any significant heel - must mark me out as a weirdo.

It strikes me - now there's a thought - that some members here are like the masochist who loved cold showers - so always had a hot one.  :cry:

• Like 1

I applaud you Puffer.  Not everyone can always see the errors of their thinking nor have the ability to see things in a different light.  And this conversation brings us right back to my opening statement, heels are wonderful because there is something for everyone.  You can even see it just by our avatars.  2 totally different styles of high heeled boot.  I look at yours and think, what's the point?  They are too short in both the heel and shaft.  I want something that let's me know what Im wearing the entire time and not something so easy and comfortable that I forget Im wearing heels.  You look at mine and say, What's the point? You want something comfortable and practical that you could potentially wear all day every day.  And you know what, thats perfectly fine!  I certainly wouldnt classify you as a weirdo for liking comfort and mobility over fetish styling.  Thats no different than preferring a cowboy boot over a 5" sandal.  Both have their rightful place.  Oh and when my wife is shopping for boots for me, she tends to gravitate more towards your style then mine, so maybe there is something to be said about that.

• Like 1

I think there are two camps in this with a few who visit both camps. Four plus inch heels are my choice of everyday footwear. I want to put them on in the morning and take them off 12 (or more) hours later when I get back. So comfort and mobility are what I look for. And of course they gotta look good, if not great. 

I know there are members here where it's the extreme difficulty or restrictions or helplessness they're looking for in heels. Being able to function normally in the outside world is not important.

The trouble is that the general public tends to think that all men in heels are in the second camp.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

Well said Cali.  Based on my experiences in heels on and off over the past 20 years, I can say not everyone is pure black and white either.  I know Im not totally into any one camp.  There is a part of me that loves the ideas, concepts, and fetish thoughts that are associated with extreme heels.  But then there is another part of me that also wants a bit of comfort and long term wear, which is why my closet has everything from 3" heels to 6-1/2" heels.  Some of my boots could be worn by your average heel wearer all in public and most people wouldnt say a word, other pairs would have a hard time fitting in, even on a street corner at 2am.  If I had to guess, I'd say I would put my preference into a range of 1 to 10, 1 being "normal" average heels that are easily publicly accepted (either on a man or a woman) and 10 being OMG those heels only belong in the bedroom and I'd place myself in the 4 to maybe 5 range.

I have a large range of boots I still want to buy which cover a large range of materials and styles.  I have at least 3 or 4 pairs of PVC thigh high boots I want.  Some lace up knee high boots I still need to get.  I would like some more classic styles in both leather and suede knee high boots.  Maybe a pair of suede thigh high boots.  At least one pair of ballet boots just to try them out.

This also shows one other aspect that makes this whole thing a little more 3 dimensional.  The attraction of boots vs shoes/sandals.  Some people like them both equally.  I have spoken with some who really dislike boots all together.  Im on the opposite end.  I have a really strong fetish for boots.  I've never owned a pair of heeled shoes and probably never will.  Yjeu just don't "do anything" for me.  But more power to those people who do like them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bootlover78 said:

This also shows one other aspect that makes this whole thing a little more 3 dimensional.  The attraction of boots vs shoes/sandals.  Some people like them both equally.  I have spoken with some who really dislike boots all together.  Im on the opposite end.  I have a really strong fetish for boots.  I've never owned a pair of heeled shoes and probably never will.  Yjeu just don't "do anything" for me.  But more power to those people who do like them.

And I'm in both the boots/booties and sandal camps. The only camps I'm not in are the Pumps camp - just don't fit me, and the fetish camp. But if you like those kinds enjoy them.

In fact I debating if I should get these Freebird Canti, $224 but I trying to get them for < $120.

STEVEMADDEN-FREEBIRD_FB-CANTI_TAN.jpg

I like women's boots, pumps, sandals, loafers, and flats. I usually love whatever is on my feet at a given moment. If I don't like it, I generally don't keep it. More and more I try to buy things that I would wear in public, not just around the house. And I find that most people don't care or say anything.

Cali, I like those platform sandals. They're a little too steep for me, both physically and monetarily, but I think they look good. Be careful of a platform that high, though, as a small pebble can throw you off, resulting in a fall, sprain, or both, not to mention embarrassment.

Steve

On 11/23/2017 at 2:55 AM, Tacchi Alti said:

As I said, they are a bit of a snug fit, so probably slightly small. However, they've stretched a bit with wear and are fine on my size 8 feet. I've walked many miles in them and they are very comfortable.

Ah, OK. Thanks. I wasn't sure if you meant the size 8s were a bit snug because you normally wear a 8.5.

I'm moving more and more towards heels for public wear, for two reasons: One, heels are a miracle cure for backache, so I want something I can wear all day publicly without drawing too much attention to myself; two, my wife accepts heels like that, so I don't want to spoil the situation which I'm sure a lot of male heel wearers would envy.

I've worn stilettos in public and would probably do so more and more if I wanted to push boundaries, but the way I'm moving at present is towards getting friends etc to accept me in heels, so I don't want to freak them out by wearing something even most women wouldn't dream of wearing. This weekend we had visitors who had never seen me in heels beyond the two-inch cuban heels I often wear with a business suit, so I wore my boots with concealed 4 inch heels. I'm sure they noticed my increased height but my boots were not 'in your face'  high heels. We went out for the day on Saturday, and did a lot of walking and standing around, which would have killed my back if I'd been in flat shoes. I could happily have told them that if they'd asked, and I think they'd have accepted the style as a reasonable one to wear for such purposes. My main thing was not causing embarrassment either to them or to my wife, while still wearing something to relieve potential back pain. Also, of course, there was still the high-heel feel for walking and standing even if not as pleasurable as in more wobbly shoes.

Regarding the question of boots/shoes/sandals, I like them all, but it's so much easier getting boots that could reasonably be classed as 'normal' men's wear. I have one pair of shoes I've worn with friends around (Oxfords with block heels just under four inches), and one pair of sandals I've worn in the presence of a lot of people who know me but who are not close friends, and also when I've been with my mother or my mother-in-law. Boots are fine this time of year, although even then wearing them indoors is not all that pleasant at times because my feet get hot, and other people might wonder why on earth I'm in boots indoors! I'm sure our visitors this weekend thought that. Ideally I'd have some light wedge shoes I could wear but not court shoes, which would be immediately 'judged' as feminine. Chunky high heeled clogs/mules with closed toes might also be OK for that purpose indoors.

There are two sides: one, I couldn't care less what other people thought; two, I don't want to cause embarrassment to other people who are close, either through friendship or through family. The difficult thing is steering some sort of path through both sides.

• Like 1

John Milton

That's a tough balance - I totally understand what you are describing. Its interesting that you are OK with wearing chunky high heeled clogs etc - and that wouldn't raise any eye brows?

Sounds like you made some definite progress with your friends. Keep it up, bit by bit. Would love to see those boots, by the way. 

• Like 1

i bought a month ago a pair of jessica simpson avern boots, 1or 2 size too small for me, but when i see it on ebay, i cant resist to buy it ...

img_8410.jpgimg_8412.jpgimg_8415.jpgimg_8411.jpgimg_8414.jpgimg_8416.jpg

i really need to do somthing for the light and get a better tripod for my dslr :oops:

so, always in love of boots, i finaly bought a pair on sky crapers, and i just need to wait 4 to 6 weeks now... so long !

and i also have received pair of chinese fake louboutin, so i will make photo when ... i will find time to how to get better pics with my dslr :giggle:

Edited by yoyo
  • Like 5

On 07/12/2017 at 10:11 PM, yoyo said:

i bought a month ago a pair of jessica simpson avern boots, 1or 2 size too small for me, but when i see it on ebay, i cant resist to buy it ...

i really need to do somthing for the light and get a better tripod for my dslr :oops:

so, always in love of boots, i finaly bought a pair on sky crapers, and i just need to wait 4 to 6 weeks now... so long !

and i also have received pair of chinese fake louboutin, so i will make photo when ... i will find time to how to get better pics with my dslr :giggle:

Love those JS boots, I have a few pairs myself.  Love your youtube videos also (fleetwin on youtube).   Don

Edited by Tech
Do not quote the actual images themselves.