Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

On 11/2/2017 at 2:26 PM, jeremy1986 said:

Sounds great. Enjoy

Interesting that they seem to have the zip on the outside?

Actually they're River Island. Total non-event wearing them. No comment from wife's friend although I know she was looking at them, and she was wearing plimsolls... Most disappointing on both counts. Yes, the zip is on the outside

• Like 2

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

3 hours ago, pebblesf said:

cool boots, they do look easy to walk in also

They are high but quite stabil. Quiet also so even though I had them fully exposed they didn’t seem to draw attention.

Edited by Rockpup
  • Like 1

(formerly known as "JimC")

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:51 AM, Cali said:

Thanks jeremy.

I got these at DSW during their boot sale two weeks ago, get $20 off a pair next week...getting the blue suede version then.

That's great. must check if DSW ship to the UK!

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:04 AM, Rockpup said:

Got a pair of 100mm boots I think I could live in. Walked around Disney springs for two hours and am not sore today :)

E5396FF1-F79F-47D5-B9C9-1EF77BA0377E.jpeg

They look great!

16 hours ago, Tacchi Alti said:

No comment from wife's friend although I know she was looking at them, and she was wearing plimsolls... Most disappointing on both counts. Yes, the zip is on the outside

Oh well - keep trying :cheeky: 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, heelsareme said:

Wow!! Love them , where did you get them from ?

rtbu took 2 months to arrive but they are worth it :D

42 minutes ago, XtremeHeels said:

Now time for some pics of you wearing them :happy:

coming soon :P

• Like 1

Your a nut, your crazier than a coconut

On 04/11/2017 at 3:01 PM, Tacchi Alti said:

Actually they're River Island. Total non-event wearing them. No comment from wife's friend although I know she was looking at them, and she was wearing plimsolls... Most disappointing on both counts. Yes, the zip is on the outside

I wore these again for a meal out last night, and afterwards we went for a walk past some shops and in a couple of supermarkets. As always, no comments, and most seemed not to notice although these make such a satisfactory noise... Almost as loud as stilettos but of course without that distinctive ring!

• Like 1

John Milton

I just got my Asos CORA boots I ordered - I am SO SO happy with them!

Attaching some snaps

They have a 4.5" stiletto heel, size 9 UK, so they are a great fit!

They have this fabulous lining inside, which makes them even more delicious to wear. They are tall - just up to the knee, and have a lovely slouch design, pointy toe and half zip. They look great with my skinny jeans, and I just had to put them on as soon as I opened the box and showed my wife. She liked their look as well (smart and classic), and seemed amused at how much I liked them. They are the most expensive pair I have bought yet (I know its nothing compared to what others here spend - but still, for me its a lot).

Looks like they are out of stock right now, but sometimes Asos restocks - http://www.asos.com/asos/asos-cora-slouch-pointed-knee-boots/prd/8325619?CTARef=Saved Items Image 

20171110_022228.jpg

20171110_022111.jpg

20171110_022126.jpg

20171110_022205.jpg

• Like 4

Nice boots Jeremy, hope you take them outside for a spin.

Last week I got the midnight blue version of the Ompi Owney to go with my black pair. Got several compliments the first day I wore them.

owneyBlue2HH.JPG

owneyBlue4HH.JPG

• Like 7

On Halloween I wore my black ones over leggings, but these I wore under dark blue cords.

I am trying to mustard the nerve to wear them over my pants (to work).  Maybe later this year, maybe.

• Like 2

Been threatening to by a bootie style with something other than a block or chunky heel to wear out and about.  Pulled the trigger on these today.  Posire by Rialto in size 11.  Kind of narrow for my foot but I can wear them without too much discomfort.  Hope they will stretch some.  Paid only $20 at Burlington Coat Factory.  I immediately changed into them and did some more shopping at Target, Marshall's and a bookstore.  I did have on long jeans that covered the heel, but when I passed windows where I could see myself, It was clear that I was wearing heels.  Didn't really notice any looks, but then I was keeping to myself.  It was a thrill to wear a narrower heel - what is interesting is that they seemed easier to walk in than my blockier heels style oxfords that I left the house in, despite the heel being a good 1/2 inch higher.  I loved the feeling of a bit of wobble in the ankle as well as the unmistakable click of the heel.  For my first time out in thinner heels, it was great!  Not me in the following photo...lol.

_mg_9964.jpg_mg_9964.jpgr-posie-black-main.jpgr-posie-black-left.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Personally I find narrow heels are always easier to walk in then chunky heels. Better pin point contact that never moves around. 

I agree! Wider heels are fine until you hit uneven ground, but even then they are a bit clumpy as you walk. Thinner heels are deliciously wobbly all the time and the changes in surface don't affect this much. My daily heels are just over an inch wide, and they are a good compromise, as they are narrow enough for stability but not as noisy as thinner ones.

John Milton

23 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

They look great @RonC

Look forward to seeing you in them

Thanks jeremy1986.  And to those discussing the narrower heel, the more I thought about my walk yesterday, the more I agree.  Much less "clompy" for the lack of a better word.  Personally, I loved it when an uneven surface would cause a bit of wobble!

11 hours ago, RonC said:

Thanks jeremy1986.  And to those discussing the narrower heel, the more I thought about my walk yesterday, the more I agree.  Much less "clompy" for the lack of a better word.  Personally, I loved it when an uneven surface would cause a bit of wobble!

Yes, the wobble is wonderful and controllable in thin heels with no platform. With a high platform and/or thick heels you have to be much more careful.

John Milton

Luke, are the shafts really as inflexible as they advertise them to be?  I mean, they say the thigh high version would not allow you to bend your knees at all, but they seem to still have some flex to them.  I've been looking into a pair of their boots for quite some time.  I got a custom quote for a knee high pair of lace up boots with 12cm heels, but removing the zipper and adding the locking zippered flap from the "secret II" ballet boots they sell.  I guess a different way to describe them would have been taking their "secret II" ballet boot and making it into a 12cm single sole boot.  The idea is something comfortable that could be worn for long periods and be locked on.  My wife likes to go out for the weekend with her friends once in a while and sometimes we play games.  Knowing she has the keys with her would be an awesome feeling.

• Like 1