Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

17 hours ago, Tacchi Alti said:

I have some men's shoes with 2 inch cuban heels I wear with a business suit anyway, so people are used to me in some sort of heel - I just need the progression to a higher one which will actually do something for my back pain. I know I can tell people about the back pain, and they can disbelieve it if they wish, and perhaps if that reason gets out it will spread quickly. No one's asked so far, and I don't want to be the one to raise it unless maybe I see someone gawping at my heels and therefore have the opportunity to explain them.

Look into Bare Traps. They have some nice 2 inch cuban heels.

What do the people around you know about your back pain? How long have you had it?

My injury was big time with two 22 day hospital stays, several operations and about a 2 year recovery. My doctor has put it in my medical records. He has observed a 70% reduction in my pain medication since I started to wear high heels.

6 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

instead of mules (which I pretty much despise :)),

Jeremy you just haven't met the right mule. I love my mules.

2 hours ago, Cali said:

Look into Bare Traps. They have some nice 2 inch cuban heels.

Not a lot of use if you are in the UK, or need a larger size!   I have two pairs of Madcap boots from Atom Retro in UK11, with a 2.5" Cuban heel; good quality, smart and comfortable:   https://www.atomretro.com/product_info.cfm?product_id=11237&d=MADCAP-ENGLAND-CASBAH-CUBAN-ZIP-BOOTS-BLACK   Available in several colours and with zips or elastic sides.  They help to relieve my intermittent lower back/leg pain (sciatica).   Something higher would be good too, but I have yet to find anything really suitable. 

A few know about the pain but unless people are curious enough to ask, which has never happened yet, I don't want to volunteer the information just for the sake of it. Let them think what they like for now... However, I think if I explained to one person the word would soon be out to others who have just thought of me as a freak but who can now think of me as a freak with(out) back pain. 

• Like 1

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

54 minutes ago, Tacchi Alti said:

A few know about the pain but unless people are curious enough to ask, which has never happened yet, I don't want to volunteer the information just for the sake of it. Let them think what they like for now... However, I think if I explained to one person the word would soon be out to others who have just thought of me as a freak but who can now think of me as a freak with(out) back pain. 

Was your back pain caused by injury? Or is it something to do with getting old?

It's probably the cumulative effect of bad posture over the years, standing with my back arched. The heels just realign everything beautifully. Today I'm meeting up with the only person who has made any comment about my heels. Actually, not the heels but my increased height. I'll see if more is said. If he gets to know, a lot of people will know, as he's not quite the ticket and there are no secrets with him!

• Like 2

John Milton

1 minute ago, Tacchi Alti said:

It's probably the cumulative effect of bad posture over the years, standing with my back arched. The heels just realign everything beautifully. Today I'm meeting up with the only person who has made any comment about my heels. Actually, not the heels but my increased height. I'll see if more is said. If he gets to know, a lot of people will know, as he's not quite the ticket and there are no secrets with him!

What will you wear for the occasion? 

Bought off Ebay. I've got another couple of pairs the same - got them while still available. Not the most elegant footwear but wearable in just about any situation - I wore them on a flight to New York and walking round Manhattan last year, and we were staying with friends. You can see the contour of the built-up heel, and I've also for a half-inch lift inside.

PICT1165A.jpg

John Milton

Oh, he didn't comment! Funny, he ran out of time while getting ready to go out, and he was wearing sandals... Obviously what he wears around the house.

John Milton

On 10/26/2017 at 10:30 PM, Cali said:

Hard to get a picture that shows the detail. Wore these to work with shorts. Had numerous women tell me they LOVE my boots. One woman wanted to a picture on her phone with both of us showing our boots. That never happened when I wore men's shoes.

IO02Hh.JPG

I wore these boots and shorts but with leopard print leggings to work as part of a Halloween costume.

Had many women in boots wanting pictures with both of us standing in a sexy pose.

What surprised me was how many men told me they liked my boots. Going to buy the blue suede version of this boot with my DSW boot special.

• Like 3

Halloween is a much bigger thing with you - I don't think we'd 'get away with' anything like that over here - more likely be disciplined for inappropriate dress!

Well done, though. You never know, you may have kickstarted a male trend where you work.

• Like 1

John Milton

I already have a reputation to up hold. Colored nail, high heels with shorts, ....

I hoping to add (high heeled) knee boots with leggings this winter. I think wearing them with shorts might be my ticket.   Now THAT might be the new trend.

Yesterday this one boot loving high heeled woman (who asked for a picture) had these gorgeous front lace-up over the knee boots. She's going to give me the website she found them on.

4 hours ago, Tacchi Alti said:

Bought off Ebay. I've got another couple of pairs the same - got them while still available. Not the most elegant footwear but wearable in just about any situation - I wore them on a flight to New York and walking round Manhattan last year, and we were staying with friends. You can see the contour of the built-up heel, and I've also for a half-inch lift inside.

PICT1165A.jpg

wow - I like them. Like you say, not much on the looks side... but very intriguing... you made these yourself?

almost disappointing that he didn't comment :cheeky:

12 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

wow - I like them. Like you say, not much on the looks side... but very intriguing... you made these yourself?

almost disappointing that he didn't comment :cheeky:

I didn't make them. Bought them off Ebay. They're still available but they go up to size 8 and that's snug. £9.99 plus p&p - I paid nearly £30 for the first pair but they're still going strong. Brand is Spot On, which do several styles with more 'masculine' looks: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SALE-LADIES-SPOT-ON-BROWN-BLACK-HIDDEN-WEDGE-BOOTS-WITH-BUCKLE-DETAIL-F50333/281462542509?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=581195277320&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Yes, I wish he had commented, really. It seems 'coming out' is a difficult thing...

John Milton

Oh, the girl who knows about my heels and why I wear them is coming to lunch tomorrow. She's a friend of my wife's. Perhaps I should wear something more daring while she's there. I have some 4 inch wedge boots with heels not much wider than stilettos, and almost as loud.

PICT1936a.jpg

PICT1937b.jpg

• Like 3

John Milton

6 minutes ago, Tacchi Alti said:

I think I probably will. I'll see if she says anything... She often wears heels at least 4 inches herself.

yes, these boots are perfect. Where are they from, btw? 
Maybe you can compare heel height :cheeky: 

I got them off Ebay - a wonderful source, although I have bought shoes in store and tried them on. I can't remember the make but they might be Nine West. Lovely soft leather. I had to repair the zipper tag but that wasn't much of a problem.

She loves shoes but I'm not sure about comparing height! I'll have to see. Perhaps get those boots out later to wear, then wear them to work tomorrow and keep them on for when she arrives.

• Like 1

John Milton

22 hours ago, Cali said:

I hoping to add (high heeled) knee boots with leggings this winter. I think wearing them with shorts might be my ticket.   Now THAT might be the new trend.

I would love to have the option to wear leggings and yoga pants to work. Here's the bottom half of what I wore to work on Halloween.

IMG_15legh.JPG

• Like 3