Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

6 hours ago, Cl0setheels said:

@las

Those are awesome! I have the black spikes but like yours better actually. The concerns I read above are justified, the spikes are very sharp! But they look excellent on you.

Thank you! I tried the black spike pair a number of months ago, but I was still trying to work out my size so sent them back. Now that I have tried these, whilst more attention-grabbing in my opinion, are more comfortable. If the black ones come down in price then I could still be tempted :cool:

On 27/03/2017 at 4:52 PM, Thighbootguy said:

These are not really my style, but they do make a bold statement and if that is your message then "Well said".

Will you take them out for a stroll in public?

If I were wearing those, I'd be concerned about doing damage to myself, furniture, or small furry animals I walked near. :penitent:

:wavey:

I would love to take them outside someday, but as a tall guy (6'2") already I'm not sure I would feel comfortable doing so, unless it were a party or something, or even a gig? (assuming I could get past security in them!!) The spikes are certainly.. spiky, which makes taking them off a chore!

The first pair are OK, but let down by the ugly toe shape.   The other two are too heavy and clumpy, even for a man, and I simply cannot see the appeal of the spikes.   Sorry, but you did ask!

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

The first pair are OK, but let down by the ugly toe shape.   The other two are too heavy and clumpy, even for a man, and I simply cannot see the appeal of the spikes.   Sorry, but you did ask!

I have never liked that JC Lita style either, and I have just realized what it is. It's not the clumpiness per se, but the proportions are all wrong. There's just way too much platform and not enough heel height. That first pair has got about the same heel height (to my eye) as the second and third pairs, but very little platform, so it looks "right" to me. Out of the three, I'd definitely go with the first!

Ok, so here is my newest pair that I've acquired.

I know I usually have a lengthy back story, but here lately, they've been interesting.

So with my job, I usually go to people's homes pretty regularly. This past week when I was at someone's house, I commented to the husband about how much his wife must do with eBay. Two of the three spots in their three car garage were filled with shoe boxes. He responded that they had like 8 more pallets worth in their basement. Apparently his wife buys return inventory from businesses as well as purchases inventory from places going out of business.

Later on at some point, she comes out and we are talking. She gives me her eBay username and tells me to have a look and see if there is anything I or my wife may find that we like. If so, message her, and she'll give us a better price.

So that night, I initially look and don't see anything too exciting. I let my wife look and she finds some things, but nothing she really wants. I get back on and look, and happen to see a pair of Hunter rain boots in a size 10. So I message her and tell her we'd be interested in those. Normally they go on eBay for around $80-90 USD from what I saw. She replies and tells me she pulled them, and if I'm around at some point, I can stop by and get them, or she'll give them to her husband and I can get them from him next time I see him out and about. I see him about once a week.

I asked her how much though, and her response was, "After all that you've done, these are on the house."

So these babies are brand new, and free! Yippee!

IMG_4633.JPG

I've gotten two pair of boots in the New Look sale. Especially the black ones where a good deal since they are real leather. In the sale they where less that a quarter of the original price. I'm happy with them and they are both very comfortable.

The knee high boots I got through a second hand clothing site. Sadly they are too small. The foot length is perfect but the top of my foot is too high and the shaft of the boot too narrow. Such a shame because I can hardly find any kneehigh boots I like and I really like these. :)

DSC_2199.JPG

DSC_2202.JPG

DSC_2219.JPG

Edited by Cl0setheels
  • Like 5

redandwhite: Those boots do indeed look fantastic. I'm sure they'll look great on you.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

On 4/1/2017 at 4:45 PM, KneeBooted said:

Ok, so here is my newest pair that I've acquired.

I know I usually have a lengthy back story, but here lately, they've been interesting.

So with my job, I usually go to people's homes pretty regularly. This past week when I was at someone's house, I commented to the husband about how much his wife must do with eBay. Two of the three spots in their three car garage were filled with shoe boxes. He responded that they had like 8 more pallets worth in their basement. Apparently his wife buys return inventory from businesses as well as purchases inventory from places going out of business.

Later on at some point, she comes out and we are talking. She gives me her eBay username and tells me to have a look and see if there is anything I or my wife may find that we like. If so, message her, and she'll give us a better price.

So that night, I initially look and don't see anything too exciting. I let my wife look and she finds some things, but nothing she really wants. I get back on and look, and happen to see a pair of Hunter rain boots in a size 10. So I message her and tell her we'd be interested in those. Normally they go on eBay for around $80-90 USD from what I saw. She replies and tells me she pulled them, and if I'm around at some point, I can stop by and get them, or she'll give them to her husband and I can get them from him next time I see him out and about. I see him about once a week.

I asked her how much though, and her response was, "After all that you've done, these are on the house."

So these babies are brand new, and free! Yippee!

IMG_4633.JPG

I love Hunters, and even without the extra heel I have a red pair for work. Glad they gave you the boots, tough to argue with free.

• Like 2

(formerly known as "JimC")

11 hours ago, pebblesf said:

yeah buddy, those boots are great

Fantastic boots, should look great on, Dune always do a good range of boots, get out and about in them, they're too nice not to be shown off 

1 hour ago, Rockpup said:

I love Hunters, and even without the extra heel I have a red pair for work. Glad they gave you the boots, tough to argue with free.

yeah buddy, great connection and sexy hunters as well

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 7:40 PM, Gudulitooo said:

My most recently added wedge boots.

Very simple and effective. I like how they look on me.

Please don't notice my shirt getting out on the second picture!

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

I managed to get another pictures in a do it yourself store with - guess what - a huge mirror. I might return often or get myself one ;)

WP_20170404_003.jpg

WP_20170404_002.jpg

• Like 3

I am posting these at the request of @Thighbootguy. Sorry for the terrible picture. These knee high boots are Calvin Klein brand, with more wear on them than normal for stuff from Ebay, but the price was right. They fit perfectly in the foot, and are quite comfortable, but I wish the shafts were just a tad slimmer. My lady/shoe friend gushed a bit over them and said they are not too big around for me, but they are definitely on the loose side. Actually, they look fine with jeans, and I have worn them out several times, but with leggings they seem too big. They have a 4 3/4 inch heel with a small platform.

IMG_7571.JPG

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

I am posting these at the request of @Thighbootguy. Sorry for the terrible picture. These knee high boots are Calvin Klein brand, with more wear on them than normal for stuff from Ebay, but the price was right. They fit perfectly in the foot, and are quite comfortable, but I wish the shafts were just a tad slimmer. My lady/shoe friend gushed a bit over them and said they are not too big around for me, but they are definitely on the loose side. Actually, they look fine with jeans, and I have worn them out several times, but with leggings they seem too big. They have a 4 3/4 inch heel with a small platform.

IMG_7571.JPG

Looks good to me! Do you know what the style name is of them?

• Like 3

Thanks for posting the picture.

2 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

My lady/shoe friend gushed a bit over them

I am in full agreement with your lady/shoe friend. I think they look great!  Shaft sizing can be as elusive as the shoe sizing.  I have several pair that look awful with leggings but great with jeans, and several pair that I can only wear with leggings.

Welcome to the world of high heeled boots (and they will look good holding a cello :penitent:).

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

New yet not new boots.

Today I opened up a box I had forgotten about and was surprise what I found.

I got a pair of Madden Girl Krisis calf high boots in Cognac many years ago and it has become my go to boot (see below).  I liked them so much that I got them in black as well.

If you know women's fashion, shoes are designed for one season, once gone they rarely return.  So this spring I saw the last pair of these in size 10 on EBAY and got them. Inside the box was my third pair I ordered in the beginning of February, this pair was also in cognac.

IMG_0097b.JPG

• Like 5