Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

This was another good boots day.

On my last outing  I went to a Shoe Show in Lexington Ky. and found two pair of OTK boots in black.  I went back today and found another pair of OTK boots in gray.  While I was there I browsed through their heels section and they had every pair in a 12.   I was sorely tempted but this pair of boots already put me over budget.

I drove to Lexington wearing the black pair of boots over jeans, a white blouse with a neck scarf, and cropped denim jacket.

GEDC1042.jpg

In the store several of the lady customers (I think they traveled in a pack) saw my boots and asked me where I had gotten them.  I pointed over my shoulder at the boot section and said, "Over there."  I went over to the section and showed them the boots.  They were displayed folded over so it was not obvious they were OTK boots

I had called the store the day before and asked them to hold the pair of size 12 gray OTK boots for me (no sense making the drive if the boots weren't available).  When I picked them up at the counter I said I'd like to try them on just to be sure of the fit.  As I did, the ladies oohed and aahed about how good they looked and one lady asked me if I was a dancer.  I told her I wasn't but she insisted I looked/moved like one.

GEDC1044.jpgGEDC1046.jpg

Anyway, on the way hack home I stopped in Sam's Club to get a few things and am still marveling at how comfortable and warm these boots are.  IT was 60F when I left and almost 80F by the time I got home so I noticed the warm part.

• Like 4

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Just picked up these at Nordstrom Rack last night.  Clark's Enfield style in size 12 - 3 inch heel, $89.95.  Tried size 11 and they were pretty snug.  Decided to go with the 12s as they were a better fit, though they could be a bit loose as they get broken in.  Figured I can always wear some thicker socks (tried them on with typical nylons).  These will be my go to shoes for public wear this winter.  Easy to walk in heel height for this old guy...lol.

thecl756743_11493_jb2.jpgthecl756743_11493_jb1.jpg

Edited by RonC
  • Like 6

The shaft is large for heavier set people, which accounts for a significant portion of the population these days. My wife is always complaining about the shafts on boots and how difficult it is to buy boots for "round" women. 

2 hours ago, Peter1 said:

New boots from new look !! Great feel and easy to walk!! The only thing is the boot shaft circumference that is a bit too large ...

i will post some new pictures under my bootcut jeans

image.jpg

I have bought several pair of used boots that had a wide shaft.  I ran folded the back of the boot in and ran a seam up the back with my sewing machine and made the boots fit nicely.  A cobbler should be able to do this for you.

bootseam.jpg

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

19 minutes ago, Thighbootguy said:

I have bought several pair of used boots that had a wide shaft.  I ran folded the back of the boot in and ran a seam up the back with my sewing machine and made the boots fit nicely.  A cobbler should be able to do this for you.

bootseam.jpg

Thanks for your advice :) 

• Like 2

I purchased these cute ankle boots and just had to share some pictures!!! They are from ALDO and have a 5 inch heel and a 1/2 inch platform, been out for a walk with the girlfriend in them and they are super comfortable :happy:

IMG_2294 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_2297 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_2299 (1024x768).jpg

• Like 9

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

1 hour ago, XtremeHeels said:

I purchased these cute ankle boots and just had to share some pictures!!! They are from ALDO and have a 5 inch heel and a 1/2 inch platform, been out for a walk with the girlfriend in them and they are super comfortable :happy:

IMG_2294 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_2297 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_2299 (1024x768).jpg

Very nice although they seems very high for long walk! :)

• Like 1

The postman came today and dropped a number of parcels. I am glad to present some new boots:

1: New Look Black Leather-Look Metal Trim Knee High Boots (pics 4-6)

2: New Look Black Suedette Over The Knee Platform Boots (pics 1-3)

3: SPM Black high heelded ankle boots (pics 7-11)

IMG_8421.JPG

IMG_8422.JPG

IMG_8423.JPG

IMG_8424.JPG

IMG_8425.JPG

IMG_8426.JPG

IMG_8429.JPG

IMG_8431.JPG

IMG_8432.JPG

IMG_8433.JPG

IMG_8434.JPG

• Like 5

small or big doesn't matter, wear your heels proud .... that is!

54 minutes ago, gj said:

The postman came today and dropped a number of parcels. I am glad to present some new boots:

1: New Look Black Leather-Look Metal Trim Knee High Boots (pics 4-6)

2: New Look Black Suedette Over The Knee Platform Boots (pics 1-3)

3: SPM Black high heelded ankle boots (pics 7-11)

IMG_8421.JPG

IMG_8422.JPG

IMG_8423.JPG

IMG_8424.JPG

IMG_8425.JPG

IMG_8426.JPG

IMG_8429.JPG

IMG_8431.JPG

IMG_8432.JPG

IMG_8433.JPG

IMG_8434.JPG

It's look like Christmas before time for you!!

very nice new boots you have purchased! They all looks great ( to be try with a blue or grey skinny jeans) for a casual day out :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, XtremeHeels said:

Thanks!!! Actually, they aren't too high at all and are perfect for long walks with the girlfriend :happy:

I was going to say, for a guy who calls himself XtremeHeels, those are like flats, right?

Seriously though, I have several similar pairs, including Aldo brand, and they are perfectly suitable for a several mile walk if you're used to wearing them a lot. Nice boots!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

I was going to say, for a guy who calls himself XtremeHeels, those are like flats, right?

Seriously though, I have several similar pairs, including Aldo brand, and they are perfectly suitable for a several mile walk if you're used to wearing them a lot. Nice boots!

Yes, they are like flats compared to my 6.5 inch stilettos!!! I also bought my girlfriend a pair in burgundy and she loves them as much as I love mine :fine: I can tell you this, they are definitely going to get a lot of kilometers on them :happy:!!!!!!!

Oh, and I am glad you like them!!!!

• Like 1

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

1 hour ago, Thighbootguy said:

Great image.  Kicked back and relaxing in great looking boots.

nice boots!!!! they look similar to a pair of Cleopatra-Brooke boots that I have in black vinyl(or whatever the material is). I do like the heels better on yours than mine......here's a pic of them

Cleopatra-Brooke-Black-Women-Over-The-Knee-Boots-7-5.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, crotchhiguy said:

nice boots!!!! they look similar to a pair of Cleopatra-Brooke boots that I have in black vinyl(or whatever the material is). I do like the heels better on yours than mine......here's a pic of them

Cleopatra-Brooke-Black-Women-Over-The-Knee-Boots-7-5.jpg

Whoaw totally my style!!! Nice kickers!

My New look boots (like Peter1 got) have arrived. As I have wider calves they fit more snugly which is how I like them to fit.

i also got my first pair of calf high boots. They are also a slouch style, which in a new style  for me too.large.IMG_0025.JPGlarge.IMG_0022.JPGlarge.IMG_0021.JPGlarge.IMG_0019.JPGlarge.IMG_0016.JPGlarge.IMG_0017.JPG

• Like 4