Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

4 hours ago, redandwhite said:

Got these flat boots from Dune. It might be warm (for now) and not really boots weather, but who cares!

Given your location in the pics, shouldn't you be wearing platform boots? :fine:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, redandwhite said:

Got these flat boots from Dune. It might be warm (for now) and not really boots weather, but who cares!

image.jpeg

That is entirely the correct attitude about boot weather.  Nice boots with a cool back zipper.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I just received this pair of Torrid "Lulu" boots in a size 12.  They have a 3 1/2" block heel, single sole, and are very wide, so they are quite comfortable.  The boots had a wide shaft but I ran a seam down each shaft that reduced the diameter by 4" at the top and 1" at the bottom.  There is also an elastic panel that runs the length of the shaft so there is some give if I wear them over jeans.  The material is a faux leather but then I only paid $14 for them.  They're just gong to be a fun pair to wear just running around.

GEDC0696.jpg

GEDC0697.jpg GEDC0698.jpg

• Like 3

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I just received my first purchase from China via Aliexpress.  The boots are a stretch fabric that looks like suede.  The boots have a pointed toe so I ordered a size 14 (largest available) and the boots are are marked size 45.  They fit like a size 12 so my recommendation is to order at least 2 sizes up.  The boots came with a 4 1/4" heel and are very comfortable to wear and to walk in.  The cost was about $39 and that included shipping, which took about a week.

The boots arrived in a padded bag:

GEDC0699.jpg

The boots arrived in great condition, note the heel protector:

GEDC0700.jpg

Once the material stretched to accommodate my foot (second time I put them on) they fit very comfortably and looked great.

GEDC0703.jpg

GEDC0702.jpg

By the way I posted this picture in the feedback for the vendor.

Here is the URL for the boots: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/winter-women-knee-high-thigh-high-boots-botas-femininas-2015-fashion-woman-over-the-knee-boots/32414938035.html

I went out tonight to a wine bar/restaurant to hear a friend of mine play guitar.  He is one of those players that plays such a handful of chords that you are convinced that what he is doing is impossible, and then he does it in a different key.  Anyway, I wore my new boots with denim leggings and a satin top  and a belt.

GEDC0704.jpg

I had a great time and no one said a word about my boots.  I will admit though that after 5 hours in pointy toe heels I put on a pair of flats when I got home.

I just love how leg huggingly slim these boots are.

Edited by Thighbootguy
typos
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The postman arrived yesterday with a pair of grey real leather suede slouchy boots called "SLPIRSCILLA", I can't make out the brand name but they sure look like Steve Madden. They are a size 12 with a rounded toe with a 1/4" heel.  They are very comfortable. 

GEDC0735.jpg

GEDC0733.jpg

I wore them last night over jeans to a gig where I was playing to a room full of folks, most of whom had seen me wearing boots before (I normally wear boots when I'm playing).  After the show one lady, who had seen me that morning at a different gig wearing a different pair of boots, commented that I was just like her daughter having so many pair of boots.  Recently she has probably seen me wearing 8 different pair of boots. I told her that what she has seen hadn't even scratched the surface.

On 30 May 2016 at 8:12 AM, Sydheel said:

Looks like a shopping trip this weekend. At $50 a pop i hope to find some bargains

image.jpeg

Got there yesterday

WOWEE !

teaser alert  more to follow

tables n tables n tables

EU 35 to 46

image.jpeg

Regards

James

• 2 weeks later...

just received  boots from lightinthebox.com. received 3 week later an empty packet, nothing inside. seriously ?, i write to the seller, it send me a new packet, with boots, received a month later ( today, in fact...). i am finaly happy :roll:   so:

img_7913.jpg img_7910.jpg img_7911.jpg img_7912.jpg img_7914.jpg

Edited by yoyo

I considered getting a pair of denim boots some time, but just did not justify the dollars. They have a beautiful appearance. Are they comfortable? Are the boots remain on your legs? Are they just for kicking the house they are for public viewing?

Google French: Je considérais obtenir une paire de bottes en denim un peu de temps, mais juste ne l'ai pas justifié les dollars. Ils ont une belle apparence. Sont-ils à l'aise? Sont les bottes restent sur vos jambes? Sont-ils simplement pour avoir tapé dans la maison ils sont pour le visionnement public?

8 hours ago, yoyo said:

just received  boots from lightinthebox.com. received 3 week later an empty packet, nothing inside. seriously ?, i write to the seller, it send me a new packet, with boots, received a month later ( today, in fact...). i am finaly happy :roll:   so:

img_7913.jpg img_7910.jpg img_7911.jpg img_7912.jpg img_7914.jpg

Please. Use an another pic host. My samsung was going nuts with this one you using now. Full of f*****g scamware.

Anyway. I like your new boots :)

Edited by swedeheeler
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

I considered getting a pair of denim boots some time, but just did not justify the dollars. They have a beautiful appearance. Are they comfortable? Are the boots remain on your legs? Are they just for kicking the house they are for public viewing?

comfortable: yes, for me and my feet :fine:remain on legs: yes, boots have inner lining, they keep warm. i plan to go out with in public, but under jean. i dont like boots over pants in public( or just at home)

I already went to do some shopping at the supermarket with black boots ( funny to see some turning regards, no remarks for the moment...), but i search something different. i see this pair in jeans, so i buy them.

Edited by yoyo

3 hours ago, yoyo said:

i plan to go out with in public, but under jean.

Of any pair of boots that would work over jeans it's those boots.  Remember it is contrast that draws attention, so if you wore a similar shade of denim jeans, the boots would blend right in and I'll bet hardly anyone would notice.  Seems a shame to hide such a fine pair of boots.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Northeasthee said:

Just got these on eBay :)

2016-06-28_16-28-57.jpg

Those are nice!  Do tell us more about them.  And should these not be in the shoe thread?

Edited by Mr. X
  • Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 5:09 PM, swedeheeler said:

Please. Use an another pic host. My samsung was going nuts with this one you using now. Full of f*****g scamware.

Anyway. I like your new boots :)

Cool boots

17 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Those are nice!  Do tell us more about them.  And should these not be in the shoe thread?

Oops, yes you are right, I clicked the wrong link, will post in shoes thread and answer all questions there :)

4 hours ago, Rockpup said:

Ok, so SkyScrapers UK had a pair in stock in my size, 5.5" thigh boots in black leather. Comfortable, but the heel is a challenge. :)

image.jpeg

Wow those boots are HOT!!!! A nice 5.5 inch heel and I don't think they will be a challenge for too long as I am sure you will be wearing them a lot, I know I would be!!!!

• Like 3

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

Wow those are nice boots.  They do look quite steep with that 5.5" heel (steeper then mine with a 5.5" heel on a size 14) and it does take some getting used to, but it is worth the effort and besides you wont notice how high the heel is when your wearing them while on your motorcycle. :angel:

• Like 2

The postman just arrived with a pair of lower East Side (Payless) Tan microfiber suede boots in a size 12 (with a 1/2" heel and no platform :penitent:).  The top unfolds for an OTK look. I know they are not quite hhplace stuff but they are great looking and really comfortable.  Found them for $10.  I'm really getting to like my postman.

GEDC0784.jpg  GEDC0783.jpg

GEDC0782.jpg

Edited by Thighbootguy
Typo
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, aristoc said:

Hey Rockpup, those bad boys look great and fit well. I'm sure you can tame them.

Well, they have you to thank for the sale ;)

(formerly known as "JimC")

23 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

The postman just arrived with a pair of lower East Side (Payless) Tan microfiber suede boots in a size 12 (with a 1/2" heel and no platform :penitent:).  The top unfolds for an OTK look. I know they are not quite hhplace stuff but they are great looking and really comfortable.  Found them for $10.  I'm really getting to like my postman.

GEDC0783.jpg

TBG,

I had similar ones from Aliexpress. They lasted 2 days. The heels reinforcement folded itself as I put them on on day 2 It is like carboard, inside the suede fabric. Then I have never been able to get it stiff again, and it resulted in a strange bump in the back, and the boot became very unconfortable.

I hope yours are better quality, and you manage to put them on carefully.

2 hours ago, aristoc said:

No pressure then! 

They look great, just hope you like them.:cool:

Yup, although after spotting that I could get a knee high pair with round toes I placed an order during their summer sale.

(formerly known as "JimC")