Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

redandwhite: Those boots are absolutely gorgeous! And you paired them perfectly with your skirt(?) and hosiery! Bravo!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

On 2/11/2016 at 8:11 PM, Thighbootguy said:

Great looking boots.  Take good care of them.  Be careful out and about not letting the leather get wet.

TBG, I have to ask you what's wrong with getting the leather wet? When it covered the cattle it probably got wet dozens if not hundreds of times. It's been treated with preservatives to keep it supple and weatherproof to some extent. Getting it wet occasionally, in my experience, won't hurt it at all. Just let it dry naturally without heat and it should last a long time. If the leather gets crusty with salt used to melt snow, wash it off and let it dry. Keep the leather oiled and it will be very durable. I don't see why people should treat their boots with, um...kid gloves, so to speak. What's your experience that tells you water is bad for boots? I mean this with all due respect. I'm not trying to be offensive or obnoxious (more than usual, anyway!). Nor do I want to hijack this thread very long.

Steve

13 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

What's your experience that tells you water is bad for boots?

Steve;

Good advice on keeping boots looking good.  My concern is two fold; Those are brand new, absolutely fabulous looking,and @redandwhite reports, very soft boots, and I live in an area with very hard water.  The water in my area is so mineral laden you almost have to chip it out of the faucet.  Even with the best care, the minerals (or snow melting salt) does get into the leather and make a stain.  It would be a shame to not keep those boots looking great for as long as you can. 

Maybe my advice should have been: Wear those boots with pride, show them off, and take good care of them, they look great.

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Just received these black fabric Fioni knee high boots in a size 12 with a 4" for $10.  The boots are very comfortable but the heel tip hits the ground a little farther forward toward the toe that my other boots with 4" heels, making wearing then a new experience to which I have to pay attention.

GEDC0406a.jpg.283276f64c40b52dc1ef16544e

My legs are long enough that most knee high boots don't make it up to my knee.  These boots also have a soft rubber sole that really grabs onto whatever surface I are walking in contrast with a hard heel tip that wants to slide out from under the boot.   As with any heels practice, practice, practice.

Worn here with black leggings and an 11" mini

GEDC0407.jpg.e26d2f28a81e881b72821f19057

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I've got the same boots, and they are the most comfortable boots I own! I like the shape of the foot also - makes my feet look smaller.

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

On 2/13/2016 at 1:51 PM, Thighbootguy said:

The boots are very comfortable but the heel tip hits the ground a little farther forward toward the toe that my other boots with 4" heels, making wearing then a new experience to which I have to pay attention.

I finally noticed there was a 1/2" platform on these boots.  I think the platform was added after the heel geometry was designed for a single sole, throwing the angle of the heel off so it lands too far forward.

platform.jpg.b5f72ffe954f579506ed1e4bf09

A pair of Torrid ankle boots arrived in the post yesterday.  They're black patent leather with d-ring laces which is a new thing for me.  They're are a size 12 with a 4" heel and have a nicely padded lining which is quite comfortable. They are another $10 find.

GEDC0408a.jpg.24016fa718a19585a87730651e

The strap over the arch has a functional buckle.  I let the strap out one hole and the zipper closes without effort.

GEDC0409.jpg.110036f7d2a0915803f1075dd14GEDC0411.jpg.9037e2185da8317f6575b84ce69

I'll probably wear these boots under jeans.  If they were knee high or higher I'd wear them with leggings or over jeans.

I've been walking around in these boots for over an hour and they are surprisingly comfortable.  Also the zipper goes all the way down to the sole which makes getting them off and on without easy without disturbing the lacing.

Edited by Thighbootguy
Added comfort note
  • Like 1

My Goodness!  If your going to exclaim "I'M WEARING THIGH BOOTS", that's the way to do it.  That's a little (a lot actually) gutsier than I'd wear, but then I'm getting old and set in my ways.

Enjoy your boots!

• Like 1

I have really gotten to the point of I could care less what other people think!!!   I like it and that's all that matters.  I have gotten so many compliments on my outfits that the literally 3 or 4 bad ones are nothing to worry about.  You can see my other boots in my albums. I just received 4 more pairs of THB's on the mail. Can't wait to open the box when I get home.  It's like a kid in a candy shop!!!!   I think my GF has more heels(but not for long) but I have more THB's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND she's all on board with our heeling together!

3 hours ago, CAT said:

I have really gotten to the point of I could care less what other people think!!!

Hey folks we now have carte blanche to say what we really think.

Those really are nice boots!  You could wear them with hose and a skirt or shorts, leggings or skinny jeans.  Those boots fit you legs closely enough that regular jeans would probably look bulky, so you want to wear something that lets you show off your legs.

Let us know what you come up with.

Do enjoy those boots.

Serious, a charity shop??

oh man, im coming to your area if thats what is in the charity shops. 

Most nine west have the name inside the shaft. What size are they. 

They are a great colour. 

Me personally I would wear with blue jeans. 

Pop the bubbles. A great find. 

Regards

James

2 hours ago, redandwhite said:

I got these LK Bennett all leather boots a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if the shape is that flattering so I might sell them on

image.png

image.png

image.png

I beg to differ. I think those boots are VERY nice! And they look nice on you!

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

6 hours ago, redandwhite said:

Leather boots but I don't know the style name as they were a charity shop find!

That means finding the boots was twice as much fun as finding them on line or a regular store, and probably at a good price to.  Great find and rescue from the charity shop.  Now show them off, they deserve it after the near brush with oblivion.