Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

I found a pair of OTK black boots at my favorite thrift store for $10.  My legs are long enough that an OTK length just comes up to my knee.  These are a size 11 and I wear a 12, the length is Ok but these were a little tight in the width but the advice in stretching the material with heat in this post worked like a champ.  There is a nice buckle trim below the knee that gives a nice look.

GEDC0402a.jpg.155f295a5aff5331a291888775

GEDC0401a.jpg.143342d01362bd184d6338f80f

GEDC0400a.jpg.bd076086e4427b00987cf6a1d3

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

La Piazza seems not to have any concept of time.  I have a similar problem with them once.  I cancelled my order after waiting over a year.  I paid for my purchase with a credit card and let them fight to get my refund, which I eventually did.  

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

7 minutes ago, aristoc said:

Ordered some new knee boots in grey a couple of months ago. They arrived this week so have been out and about today breaking them in.:fine:

image.thumb.jpeg.bf416acc5583df8e87a1565image.thumb.jpeg.cfb208d1214e60fcfb057e9image.thumb.jpeg.3838be786f2734781e78979image.thumb.jpeg.eb867f7de72f9c136ac16e9image.thumb.jpeg.348b5243c4823a24d965d8e

Great boots. What brand are they? If you don't mind my asking. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, aristoc said:

been out and about today breaking them in

Do it gently, those are great looking boots and they look great on you.

How did you manage to get those pictures?

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

1 hour ago, Thighbootguy said:

Do it gently, those are great looking boots and they look great on you.

How did you manage to get those pictures?

Thanks TBG

Piccies courtesy of my good lady wife and iPhone. :fine:

12 hours ago, aristoc said:

Ordered some new knee boots in grey a couple of months ago. They arrived this week so have been out and about today breaking them in.:fine:

image.thumb.jpeg.bf416acc5583df8e87a1565image.thumb.jpeg.cfb208d1214e60fcfb057e9image.thumb.jpeg.3838be786f2734781e78979image.thumb.jpeg.eb867f7de72f9c136ac16e9image.thumb.jpeg.348b5243c4823a24d965d8e

Simple yet sophisticated. Everything works well the tight pants and overcoat fitted rather well. Indeed well done as are the pictures. 

Enjoyed the picture with the woman on her phone. You can tell she had to be envious and a bit shocked seeing you walk on by. Terrific job of the post.

Pricey boots on order bet they fit like a glove and comfortable as well.  

You seem justifiable proud when you walk and anyone giving you grief for your outfit has to be jealous. You probably leave having many watch your backside as they admire your style. Wish i could walk in those five inch stilettos boots also great subtle colour yet not to flashy or ordinary black. 

Definitely envy you with delight. Well done you must be proud of yourself.. Love it!

If indeed if you want to best anyone around i've seen a terrific Burberry female military trench coat  in a unique blue that would look spectacular.  

Sort of like this colour (first link below) yet not the style seems difficult to find. My sister owns one looks really nice would go great with the boots. See picture of the pink overcoat yet the colour i'm looking for is blue like first link.

If i could copy your style i would get same color boots in suede and the color trench/pea wool overcoat from burberry with a big long  cashmere scarf, it would be jaw dropping.

https://wornontv.net/29350/

https://us.burberry.com/womens-trench-coats/?trail=36038%3A100299

Believe myself if i wore your boots outfitted like i said above in the shopping district of town, there wouldn't be a woman that hated the style or appearance. Of coarse the initial shock being a male in them would subside and woman would follow the same appearance looking to buy the same boots.

42c6a2d63cadc9afdce579a8e6ce320a4d332c01.jpeg

a8cb6e19249db82602d4fa656f5bd7c450ea97a9.jpeg

17 hours ago, aristoc said:

WOW! Those are amazing boots! You look great in them! How high were the heels?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

On 2/5/2016 at 4:37 PM, aristoc said:

image.thumb.jpeg.eb867f7de72f9c136ac16e9

Hi Aristoc - you've achieved nirvana by my reckoning! To be able to go out in public doing ordinary every day things with wife or friends while openly wearing such high stiletto heels must be fantastic - I'm jealous! The postings and photos are appreciated - its a real encouragment for myself and many others i'm sure. I'd love to see a video clip from some public outings and hear the clip-clop!  What sort of reactions do you get when out & about?

H.

Hey guys thanks for all your great comments, really appreciated.

MackyHeels;    Thanks for the fashion tips. The Burberry trench coats look great!

Equality;           They come in  lots of colours including black!  http://www.sky-scrapers.co.uk/index.php/knee-boots/gabrielle-knee-high-boot-with-side-zip.html

JeffB;                Thank you. Heels are 5.5"

pebblesf;          Great comment  'wearing Nikes'. Love it!

hpsabre;           Not sure about nirvana but sure is a buzz!   Most outings thankfully uneventful but generally any reactions are mixed, never bad, more surprise I suppose. Usually any compliments/approving nods will be from the ladies but even these are rare. Fairly new to going out in boots though - they do seem to make a statement.

On 1.2.2016 at 3:42 AM, Thighbootguy said:

They look like good boots.  Are you wearing them out and about?

I've not used them publicly. I just drive my car with those boots on and make short walks on quiet areas.

14 hours ago, aristoc said:

JeffB;                Thank you. Heels are 5.5"

Wow! That sure is steep! I've never worn anything higher than five inches (a pair of thigh boots), and even then, infrequently as I value comfort over height since I do a goodly amount of walking and standing on my outings. How are they to walk in? And what about comfort, especially over long periods of wear?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

1 hour ago, JeffB said:

How are they to walk in? And what about comfort, especially over long periods of wear?

I have quite a few pairs of skyscrapers (made by ex. Leatherworks) pumps, oxfords and more recently boots all with same height heel. They seem to suit my foot shape, fit well and with a classic heel profile (centre of gravity and all that)  feel good to walk in. Having said all that I wouldn't describe them as comfortable, but bearable and definitely not painful for extended wear. I have, on occasion, worn them all day with a mix of standing, sitting and walking, but more usually out in the evening which can be four hours plus. I find silicone gel pad inserts help reduce the dreaded foot burn if standing for long periods. Vain or what! :smile:

1 hour ago, Prutske255 said:

Well spotted. I think they are the Skyscrapers official ebay outlet.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tim0576 said:

I've not used them publicly. I just drive my car with those boots on and make short walks on quiet areas.

Use care when driving with heels, not that it affects your driving, rather it is very easy to wreck the leather above the heel when working the pedals.  As for walking in quiet areas... you really are better off in crowded areas.  Those are good looking boots.  Show them off over jeans.

https://photos6.rubbersole.co.uk/photos/159/159635/159635_350_B.jpg159635_350_B.jpg

4 hours ago, JeffB said:

Wow! That sure is steep! I've never worn anything higher than five inches (a pair of thigh boots)

@JeffB I thought your thigh boots were 4".  Make sure before you climb into the 5.5" realm.  Also you or I would have to work at it to make those boots look as good on us as @aristoc does on him.  Neither of us are that slim. :roll:

Hi Rockpup,

I always find it so difficult to advise on size/fit between manufacturers/styles as it's such a personal thing. I have a few pairs of Skyscrapers, and personally have found them fairly accurate to ladies sizing, at least in my size UK8/EU41. I do however prefer a snug fit, and when new generally feel too small, but soon feel fine after a bit of use......they are all leather uppers so this helps. Perhaps need to watch the width as they are a ladies last after all! Half sizes are available on all their range which is a bonus....the knee boots and a pair of oxfords I have are UK8.5....useful as I have the option to  wear socks with these when cold. I'm a UK9 in men's 'boats' by the way. :smile: 

UK8 is actually what I'd intended on ordering. Are there any other brands of heels you've got that you know your size in? Curious as it will be easier to compare a brand I can find over here then to order a pair and either exchange or have to sell off if they do not fit. I am usually a UK7/EU40 in heels, but yea, my Sidi MX boots are 42.. odd.

(formerly known as "JimC")