Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

On 5 December 2015 at 5:53 PM, Sydheel said:

I am bidding on a fairly out there really high heel pair of booties / boots by TOPSHOP. I dont know how their sizing goes but they are a 42eu so will see how they go. Fingers crossed

the same seller has these in leopard print (at 3x price)  but i just want to check sizing first

J

image.jpeg

Won them !

cheap as. Happy days for me

now wait for postman and fingers crossed they fit

J

Regards

James

21 hours ago, MollyFabs said:

I bought these brown booties 2 days ago from Sergio Rossi for every day,  although the heel is not  high as I used to... I call these my running heels))  

brown heels.jpg

Way cute booties 

thanks for sharing

• Like 1

Regards

James

I bought these in a thrift store today for less than $15!  The boots are black and slouchy with buckles on the side.  The heel measures 3 inches.  I thought it was actually less.  It looks small.  I actually prefer my heels higher but these were just to good to pass up.  They fit great, if not a little loose.  They are super comfortable to wear.  And they are very trendy right now.  I see many women wearing something very similar around here.  Can't wait to take these on some outings.

005 (223x320).jpg

I bought these in a thrift store today for less than $15!  The boots are black and slouchy with buckles on the side.  The heel measures 3 inches.  I thought it was actually less.  It looks small.  I actually prefer my heels higher but these were just to good to pass up.  They fit great, if not a little loose.  They are super comfortable to wear.  And they are very trendy right now.  I see many women wearing something very similar around here.  Can't wait to take these on some outings.

005 (223x320).jpg

6 hours ago, Mr. X said:

005 (223x320).jpg

Very nice, Mr. X! Those boots do indeed have a cool style! I look forward to seeing what you pair with them!

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Yeah, I usually do wear darker ones but I was trying them on in a rush as they had just arrived. To be honest I don't really wear items to please others, just myself. I also find the personal comments a bit rich coming from someone that wears tights with open toe sandals!

• Like 1

Great looking boots!

5 hours ago, redandwhite said:

To be honest I don't really wear items to please others, just myself.

Try wearing them over jeans and take them out and show them off.  It is amazing how pleasing that can be, and those great boots may just please others too.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Bought these VINCE CAMUTO Imala Leather Booties. In black while i own wishbone 3" stacked heels, in the exact same color which are more comfortable then these.

Seen woman wear these Imala booties with skinny jeans thought i give it a try.

Brown taupe may look better difficult to decide return or exchange.

These Imala are mid heels not exactly high heels.

Although i maybe buying more that look more casual such as these (last pic) stacked heel from Vince..

IMALA_BLKFilename02.jpg

IMALA_BLKFilename01.jpg

6442500109.jpg

Having to choose I like the booties (but then I like boots)...but before spending the money, consider with what would you wear them and/or to where you where would wear them.

Not having to choose, I'd just stick with the black ones.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Having to choose I like the booties (but then I like boots)...but before spending the money, consider with what would you wear them and/or to where you where would wear them.

Not having to choose, I'd just stick with the black ones.

On 12/7/2015 at 0:54 PM, tightlevisandhhboots said:

Here is what I have asked Miguel to do with the heels, and to add a rear access zipper for foot entry. Here is a pair of boots (Black) that is where I am drawing my inspiration from...

TLAHHB's

5665ff96a0136_Bootheelviewshowingheeladj5665ff9bb29cb_Bootsideviewshowingheeladj291161522412_2.jpg.48ee170ff005195d00120

Does anyone have any thoughts, ideas, constructive criticism or viewpoints on these boots? They are on their way back to Miguel for the above changes. I am so excited I can't wait to get them back to actually wear them!!! TLAHHBoots!!

2 years ago, I discovered the YSL Tribute Two booties online. Saks in the US had them in a size IT 42 (which would - in retrospective - have fit perfectly), but at that time I wasn't sure whether I would need a 41 or 42. As I am living in Europe, the customs hassle when needing to return them was too much for me, so I thought "hey... they will be back in the next season, as this is a classic model, so I will just wait and buy them / try them on in a YSL boutique in Europe."

One season later, YSL decided to no longer produce the Tribute Two booties, an all time classic. Bummer.

I searched for the boots online (and in the YSL boutiques), but could only find a single pair at boutique Biondini in Paris in size IT 41. I was torn whether I should order them at full retail price, as in the meantime I had bought some knee-high boots from YSL and discovered that they do run quite small. Size 41 would fit, but it would be on the small side.

So... I waited for the fall/winter sale 2014 and for Biondini to put this pair on sale. But... Biondini decided to keep them at full price. I didn't buy them.

But... I put them on my to-buy-list with the corresponding Farfetch link and checked every now and then whether they would be put on sale, or be reduced via any special coupon I would get. One week ago, Biondini did not only reduce them by 10 or 20%, but took a whopping 50% off. Click... Click... ordered... :lol:

And here they are - as expected, on the small side and need some breaking in. First, I need to take them to my cobbler for putting a Vibram sole on anyway...

ysl-booties_zpsuqrpjiwy.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, freestyle75 said:

2 years ago, I discovered the YSL Tribute Two booties online. Saks in the US had them in a size IT 42 (which would - in retrospective - have fit perfectly), but at that time I wasn't sure whether I would need a 41 or 42. As I am living in Europe, the customs hassle when needing to return them was too much for me, so I thought "hey... they will be back in the next season, as this is a classic model, so I will just wait and buy them / try them on in a YSL boutique in Europe."

One season later, YSL decided to no longer produce the Tribute Two booties, an all time classic. Bummer.

I searched for the boots online (and in the YSL boutiques), but could only find a single pair at boutique Biondini in Paris in size IT 41. I was torn whether I should order them at full retail price, as in the meantime I had bought some knee-high boots from YSL and discovered that they do run quite small. Size 41 would fit, but it would be on the small side.

So... I waited for the fall/winter sale 2014 and for Biondini to put this pair on sale. But... Biondini decided to keep them at full price. I didn't buy them.

But... I put them on my to-buy-list with the corresponding Farfetch link and checked every now and then whether they would be put on sale, or be reduced via any special coupon I would get. One week ago, Biondini did not only reduce them by 10 or 20%, but took a whopping 50% off. Click... Click... ordered... :lol:

And here they are - as expected, on the small side and need some breaking in. First, I need to take them to my cobbler for putting a Vibram sole on anyway...

ysl-booties_zpsuqrpjiwy.jpg

Nice YSL boots! I have a pair of Wittner boots that are quite similar to the YSL design and love the slender heel :)

Enjoy them!

selena.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, petey86 said:

Nice YSL boots! I have a pair of Wittner boots that are quite similar to the YSL design and love the slender heel :)

Enjoy them!

If I am not mistaken, Wittner has copied one of the earlier YSL designs of the Tribute boot. If the front of your Wittner boots (near the toes) has two vertikal seams, then it really is a nearly identical copy. Better a good copy than a bad own design, right ? ;-)

To be honest, I liked your Wittner patent pumps that also have the YSL design (sold out from YSL) so much that I wanted to buy them, but also couldn't get them anymore from Wittner...

3 hours ago, freestyle75 said:

If I am not mistaken, Wittner has copied one of the earlier YSL designs of the Tribute boot. If the front of your Wittner boots (near the toes) has two vertikal seams, then it really is a nearly identical copy. Better a good copy than a bad own design, right ? ;-)

To be honest, I liked your Wittner patent pumps that also have the YSL design (sold out from YSL) so much that I wanted to buy them, but also couldn't get them anymore from Wittner...

Yes YSL have definitely influenced Wittner in the past and my boots do have the 2 vertical seams you mentioned. I've sold the pumps that you liked, however I do notice them advertised locally in a variety of designs (patent/leather/snake skin) on the 2nd hand market.

I've been looking for a new pair of tall boots that don't look like the typical stripper fare for the last couple of years. I was just about giving up when I found these at Lane Bryant...

IMAG0017.jpg

They're black suede and in a wide 12 they fit me perfectly. Even better, they were $249, with 50% off in store. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, geot said:

I've been looking for a new pair of tall boots that don't look like the typical stripper fare for the last couple of years. I was just about giving up when I found these at Lane Bryant...

IMAG0017.jpg

They're black suede, not microfiber, and in a wide 12 they fit me perfectly. Even better, they were $249, with 50% off in store. 

i agree, trying to find larger sizes that are not stripper-like can be tough, and even though i much prefer leather to suede i like the look of those boots. 

• Like 1

Regards

James

4 hours ago, rlamb said:

Nice boots!!

I bought some Jeffrey Campbell Mulder boots last week..love them but i definitely want sime knee boots or over knee boots :P

20151220_185100.jpg

RLamb what a coincidence seen similar booties on a woman yesterday definitely caught my eye.

Yet they were Jeff Campbells - Incharge

in-charge-_f.jpg

crop-ocultar-hi-001_s.jpg These are cool and very popular Ocultar-hi boots.

My favourite of the Jeff Campbell bunch are these Krupa-MHH cool heel don't you think. Works well with black skinny jeans.

krupa-mhh-195_f.jpg

krupa-mhh-195_otf(1).jpg