Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

At first glance they look like trendy lace up platform heels. After longer observation they resemble ice skates. Probably marketed to athletes wives- hockey players with some income to blow on fashion items. Could see these heels worn charity events dinners for wives of hockey players. 

It's all about getting attention and making a fashion statement at least those who can blow 2k on wearing them for one night. 

There should be a rental store for heels like those. After your night out just return them and be done with it making a dramatic statement.

Doubt heels like those would be comfortable to wear...

P.S.

Reading your post you write  that some Italy sizes 41 fit you well....? Had my eye on various booties and largest size i've found they make are 40 -41 ITALY. Looking to get Giueseppe Zanotii,  ACNE, Rag & Bone, Prada booties... 

Some woman shoes vary to 11.5 US or 42 for my 9.5US male sizing. What would you recommend? 

Zanotti.jpeg

rag-bone-gray-harrow-nubuck-ankle-boot-heel-boots-product-1-21781798-0-893666087-normal_large_flex.jpeg

1EX113-F33_A_54371_3_2.jpg

prada-military-black-boots-9030937-0-2.jpg

eqzoom85.jpeg

Those are amazing, freestyle75!  Sure that's a lot of money but sometimes when you get the chance to get something you've been waiting on for years as a complete pipe dream, you just have to go for it.  Congratulations!

@freestyle75

Holy smokes thats a lot of money for a pair of shoes! Wow! Somehow I would have a hate/love relationship with those. They are ugly and awesome at the same time (positive comment, not negative). ;-)

I've gotten another pair of casual ankle boots (New Look), not quite as expensive, not even close ;-). I should really take some 'wearing them' pictures but for now this has to do. ;-) Not very high but I liked them and they fit like a glove. The heel isn't even noticeable.

DSC_1801.JPG

Did some New Look shopping again. Got a pair of real leather ankle 'shoeties' in the black friday sale. Also I finally found a pair of heels with front zipper that I actually fit in! I'm so happy! ;-)

OOPS! Posted this in the wrong thread. Was supposed to be in the "New shoes" version. Can a mod move this post? :-)

DSC_1813.JPG

DSC_1819.JPG

• Like 1

On 30.11.2015, 08:38:41, MackyHeels said:

It's all about getting attention and making a fashion statement at least those who can blow 2k on wearing them for one night. 

There should be a rental store for heels like those. After your night out just return them and be done with it making a dramatic statement.

Doubt heels like those would be comfortable to wear...

They are really much easier to wear than what it looks like. If you can walk in stilettos, without a doubt you could easily walk in them.

About "blowing 2k on wearing them for one night" - they are more than just shoes that you wear for one night. I showed the picture to my assistant at work, and without me saying anything, she said that these are almost like a work of art. That's why I also mentioned my bookshelf - these are too amazing to store them just in their box.

On 30.11.2015, 08:38:41, MackyHeels said:

Reading your post you write  that some Italy sizes 41 fit you well....? Had my eye on various booties and largest size i've found they make are 40 -41 ITALY. Looking to get Giueseppe Zanotii,  ACNE, Rag & Bone, Prada booties... 

Some woman shoes vary to 11.5 US or 42 for my 9.5US male sizing. What would you recommend? 

Some Italy 40, 41, 41.5 and even 42. It depends on the make.

I am a regular 8.5 US sizing (male), based on very few shoes I got in US sizes. As I am from Germany, we mostly have the Italian (IT) shoe size system.

In Prada, I am 41 (IT, perfect fit), or 11.0 US. Louboutins: 41.5 (good fit), Belstaff 41 (roomy) or 40 (on the small side), Miu Miu 41.5 - 42 (they run very small), Chloé 41 (quite roomy, but great fit), Jil Sander 41 (small), Salvatore Ferragamo 41 (roomy), Marc Jacobs 41 (perfect fit), Michael Kors 41 or US 10 (perfect fit), Costume National 41 (perfect), Yves Saint Laurent 41.5 (I've got a pair in 41, which runs slightly small), Acne 41 (perfect fit). I can't say anything about Zanotti or Rag&Bone, don't have them. But in general: as I am a size 8.5 US male, I don't think that a size 41 would fit you. You may try the 11.5, but it probably will still be snug from a fit-perspective.

33 minutes ago, Cl0setheels said:

Holy smokes thats a lot of money for a pair of shoes! Wow! Somehow I would have a hate/love relationship with those. They are ugly and awesome at the same time (positive comment, not negative). ;-)

Well, they are very unusual, awesome, and totally overpriced. And yes, they are the most expensive pair of shoes I own. But: I do NOT have buyers remorse.

Believe it or not: I was suffering from severe tinnitus and hearing loss in my right ear for MONTHS now (sudden hearing loss, caused by stress). It became worse in the last few weeks (okay, I also had lots of stress at work), up to the point where I wasn't able to understand anything someone would say standing to my right. It sounded like I had water in my right ear (I was also at the hospital, where they made various tests and confirmed the hearing loss of over -70 decibels - equivalent to a > 80 year old. They couldn't do anything for me). I was listening to the world in mono at age 40.

I don't know whether it's the feelings of joy I had (and I was/am truly very happy), but my right ear recovered back to a point where I just have some remaining light tinnitus, but can hear and understand conversations again - this took place in the last couple of days since buying them, especially after I received the boots in the mail. Nothing muffled anymore, clear, good hearing. Except for the shoes, I had quite some stress at work in the past days again, so it's either a coincidence, or the shoes (or rather the joy of finally getting them) caused it. When I look at them now and listen to music in STEREO again, I smile. Best money I ever spent.

Learning 1: Health is the most important thing you have. 

Learning 2: Avoid stress. 

Learning 3: Buying shoes can be a great stress relief :happy:

On 1.12.2015, 00:50:39, Lime15 said:

Those are amazing, freestyle75!  Sure that's a lot of money but sometimes when you get the chance to get something you've been waiting on for years as a complete pipe dream, you just have to go for it.  Congratulations!

Thank you! I got many things that were on my to-buy list in the recent weeks, but the heels were really the most unusual, hard-to-get and oldest (since 2011) item on my list...

• Like 1

@freestyle75

Hope your hearing fully recovers! I always have a slight beep (or a heavy beep when I've got the flu) and know how annoying it can be. Though I'm not having any hearing loss and I'm very happy with that. I do believe in the healing (heeling? ;-) ) powers of shoes (in one way or another). They make me feel more relaxed when I put them on. Don't know what it is but it helps. Shopping is still a little scary but I've reached the point where I enjoy it very much (usually I go together with a female friend which is even more fun than going alone).

And if you can afford nice things like that, why not indeed. I'm very jealous of your figure though! Your outfits look very smart! Keep the good things coming.

13 hours ago, freestyle75 said:

she said that these are almost like a work of art. That's why I also mentioned my bookshelf - these are too amazing to store them just in their box

I really didn't understand spending that much for shoes but as a work of art, that an entirely different matter.

As for the stress... There is a lesson to be learned from wearing high heels.  Try remembering the first time you went out in heels and the self imposed stress involved in worrying about somebody seeing your heels.  Since then I suspect you have gained the confidence in your self presentation in heels that the stress has gone away and you can heel in public without stress.

The key is that stress is self imposed.  Sometimes that isn't a bad thing but it is still self imposed. 

Allow me a short story: I worked for 26 years at a University in the IT department where I really did give a damn about doing the job right and at times this generated lot of stress, there was also the stress of meeting someone else's timelines, and the occasional recovery from an error.  Finally one day I realized that no one else cared about the things I cared about.  I clearly remember shaving on front a mirror one morning and saying,"I don't care" (and really meant it).  A few weeks later I resigned and took a job doing the same work in industry for twice the salary and about the same level of stress.

My point is that I understand the stress of the workplace.  I have since retired and an living a relatively stress free life.  What I wish is that someone had explained to me 40 years ago is that most stress is self imposed and I really could have reduced my stress by paying more attention to what I really important to me and only worrying about that.  I'm not suggesting that you not care about work, rather, that you realize that you are doing it to yourself and put a limit on it.  I finally wound up with a sign in my office that reminded me that "Shit Happens" and that seemed to help keep me on track.

Hang in there:

post-928-133522890221_thumb.jpg

Your analysis is spot on:

Learning 1: Health is the most important thing you have. 

Learning 2: Avoid stress. 

Learning 3: Buying shoes (and a good Stereo) can be a great stress relief.

TBG

• Like 3

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Here are my new Jones Boots, and I am very excited to see that they are just as I had hoped. Unfortunately the ankle opening is too narrow for my big foot to fit. I have sent Miguel an e-mail to see where to return them for correction. I may ask him to take a little off the heel to to narrow it up just a tiny bit, though I like them as they are, if the bottom was narrowed by 1/4" side to side and also front to back It may make the seem less chunky, but on the other hand may make the boot too feminine, as that is not the look I am going for.

What are your all thoughts?

tightlevisandhhboots

New boot 1.jpg

New boot 2.jpg

New boot 3.jpg

New boot 4.jpg

New boot 5.jpg

I am bidding on a fairly out there really high heel pair of booties / boots by TOPSHOP. I dont know how their sizing goes but they are a 42eu so will see how they go. Fingers crossed

the same seller has these in leopard print (at 3x price)  but i just want to check sizing first

J

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Regards

James

9 hours ago, tightlevisandhhboots said:

Here are my new Jones Boots, and I am very excited to see that they are just as I had hoped. Unfortunately the ankle opening is too narrow for my big foot to fit. I have sent Miguel an e-mail to see where to return them for correction. I may ask him to take a little off the heel to to narrow it up just a tiny bit, though I like them as they are, if the bottom was narrowed by 1/4" side to side and also front to back It may make the seem less chunky, but on the other hand may make the boot too feminine, as that is not the look I am going for.

What are your all thoughts?

tightlevisandhhboots

Nice boots!   I assume a 4" heel.   Personally, I would leave the heel exactly as it is - unless you are intending the boots to look more feminine; the overall look is fairly 'rugged' and balanced.

2 hours ago, Pumped said:

I like 'em!

I have thought about ordering a pair but never get around to it.

My MJ boots were well-made and a very good fit.  Despite the problem noted above, I would trust Miguel to make anything - but do make sure he is given correct measurements.

9 hours ago, Puffer said:

Nice boots!   I assume a 4" heel.   Personally, I would leave the heel exactly as it is - unless you are intending the boots to look more feminine; the overall look is fairly 'rugged' and balanced.

My MJ boots were well-made and a very good fit.  Despite the problem noted above, I would trust Miguel to make anything - but do make sure he is given correct measurements.

Those MJ boots are super hot, very powerful and masculine, I wouldn't mess with the heels either, so sorry they don't fit right.  I have a few pairs of 5" MJ boots.

On 12/4/2015, 11:45:29, Puffer said:

Yes, they are a 4" heel. I have another pair of MJ boots with 4.5" heel and a pair of MJ Boots with 3" heel, all very chunky heels. I wanted one pair that was a tall heel, but was just on the ragged edge of masculine vs feminine.....

On 12/5/2015, 9:32:15, pebblesf said:

Those MJ boots are super hot, very powerful and masculine, I wouldn't mess with the heels either, so sorry they don't fit right.  I have a few pairs of 5" MJ boots.

Thanks!!!!

On 12/5/2015, 11:09:54, Steve63130 said:

Yep, I agree. Don't mess with the boots' heels. They look great as is.

Steve

Thanks!!!!

Here is what I have asked Miguel to do with the heels, and to add a rear access zipper for foot entry. Here is a pair of boots (Black) that is where I am drawing my inspiration from...

TLAHHB's

5665ff96a0136_Bootheelviewshowingheeladj5665ff9bb29cb_Bootsideviewshowingheeladj291161522412_2.jpg.48ee170ff005195d00120

4 minutes ago, Thighbootguy said:

Classic Abbott and Lou Costello routine.

Who's on First

Thank's for the explanation, Tbg.   I don't see the relevance of linking to A&C, but let that pass!

I wasn't aware of this routine, good though it is, as A&C (unlike L&H) are not as popular in the UK.   And as for understanding baseball ...!   (But then I wouldn't expect Morecambe & Wise, for example, to be household names in the US, or for cricket to be fully comprehended.)

Just now, Puffer said:

I don't see the relevance of linking to A&C, but let that pass!

But then I wouldn't expect Morecambe & Wise, for example, to be household names in the US, or for cricket to be fully comprehended.

Folks probably figured if you knew L&H you would know A&C.  Oh well it was funny on this side of the pond.

Cricket not being comprehendable has nothing to do with where it is played. :roll:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

10 hours ago, MollyFabs said:

I bought these brown booties 2 days ago from Sergio Rossi for every day,  although the heel is not  high as I used to... I call these my running heels))  

brown heels.jpg

nIce boots :)

• Like 2

stilettos are the way forward, just love them

I recently got a pair of Timberland Glancy boots. Just went for an hour+ walk through Floridas largest mall. Only comment was a guy saying he really wanted a pair and kept asking if they stock his size. Hehe

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

(formerly known as "JimC")