Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

4 hours ago, aristoc said:

Well took them out for a test run today, only a quick trip, but still a real buzz!

Thanks for all your positive comments.

image.thumb.jpeg.6f35a61d09b4c0231a611f8

Well done, my friend. You look sharp. I hope you'll enjoy many more outings in those way cool boots!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

image.thumb.jpeg.332dd0b431ce29c0514fd04Hi everyone

im thinking about making a postal order from 6pm.com in us

has anyone bought from them before, feedback ??

im looking to buy a pair of heeled clogs

has any one owned these

much appreciated

james (from aus) 

image.jpeg

Regards

James

I just received a pair of knee high velour boots in a 12W.  The brand is "ID. Required" and the style is "Rocket".  The boots had a wide shaft but a pass through the sewing machine removed about 2" from the diameter.  These boots (being a wide) are very comfortable but they do make my foot look kind of big... but for $10 I'm happy.

GEDC0309.jpg.061d3134b2648dd524fe0cff284

GEDC0305.jpg.608ff52d4babc3944fe845ad446

Yeah I know they don't have a heel and this is hhplace.  :wink:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Just bought my best ever pair of boots, knee high, red soles, zip up the back instead of the side and a really comfortable fit.

Whoever mentioned aliexpress on here is a hero (or villain!)

Will post photos if required

These are not new boots, considering they are on their third set of heel tips and about ready to be resoled, but they feel like new boots.  Being inspired by recently narrowing the shaft on a couple pair of wide shaft boots, I thought why not do that to my everyday thigh boots.  I took out about 2" of diameter from the shaft just above and down to the ankle.  The boots feel great and no longer crush down at my ankle when I'm walking.  If you have a pair of these (Pleaser 8899's) I recommend the alteration.  If you can't do it yourself, any cobbler can do it for you.

bootseam.jpg.929d9a6bdcf6bcbb2d2daa65d85

GEDC0311.jpg.ba188e4be4e3b229b2b9d138395

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

2 hours ago, pebblesf said:

They look great and fit perfectly.  I always liked the Pleaser boot styling, but wish they would make a few models from actual leather. 

These are real leather... pig leather but real leather.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2015, 4:03:48, aristoc said:

Well took them out for a test run today, only a quick trip, but still a real buzz!

Thanks for all your positive comments.

image.thumb.jpeg.6f35a61d09b4c0231a611f8

Hi Aristoc - those boots are just awesome!  It must have been really cool wearing them in public.  I'm thinking or ordering some shoes from skyscrapers.  They say their shoes and boots fit small and recommend ordering a size bigger.  Did you find that to be true?

Thanks for sharing - would love to hear more of your experiences out & about in those boots!

15 hours ago, hpsabre said:

Hi Aristoc - those boots are just awesome!  It must have been really cool wearing them in public.  I'm thinking or ordering some shoes from skyscrapers.  They say their shoes and boots fit small and recommend ordering a size bigger.  Did you find that to be true?

Hi hpsabre,

Thank you.  Although Skyscraper do say on their site order a size bigger, personally I've found them fairly true to size. I do however prefer my heels, pumps especially, to be a snug fit to avoid that annoying gap developing at the back of the shoe. When new, they always feel too small but the leather uppers soon give a bit with use and then fit like a glove! I realise it's probably not so critical with boots so could easily go a half size bigger if concerned......Skyscraper now do half sizes in all their range even though not that obvious on the site.

As an example my foot length is 26 - 26.5 and find their size UK8 / EU41 is a nice snug fit (their UK9 is far too big on me). I do however, have on order some oxford shoes in UK8.5 from them, so will be interested to see how they fit - want to wear these with socks and skinny jeans over winter!

Hope that helps.

3 hours ago, yoyo said:

great boots aristoc. just for information, what is the type of the leather ?

Hi yoyo,

Thank you. The boots are in black patent leather with a sort of small croc pattern pressed in.

I just received a pair of Lower East Side (Payless) black booties in a 12 (EU 45).  They are super comfy and for $8 easy on the wallet.

GEDC0314.jpg.f6b67a61813d8abf463a9115362GEDC0315.jpg.8b36f9a59a8bcc2903643cb434a

I'm not sure it was intended but they will cuff down for a very short booty.

GEDC0317.jpg.9229738601adc4894e9f0b5fad7

12 hours ago, MollyFabs said:

My new purchase are Casadei 5" short boots, it's love from the first sight)))))

-Rwd2dsoAko.jpg

Oh yeah, I'm loving those boots too!  Cowboy style with great heels and sharp toes!

These must have cost plenty but sure worth it. 

Edited by pebblesf
more comments

On November 19, 2015 at 2:18:38 PM, Thighbootguy said:

I just received a pair of Lower East Side (Payless) black booties in a 12 (EU 45).  They are super comfy and for $8 easy on the wallet.

GEDC0314.jpg.f6b67a61813d8abf463a9115362GEDC0315.jpg.8b36f9a59a8bcc2903643cb434a

I'm not sure it was intended but they will cuff down for a very short booty.

GEDC0317.jpg.9229738601adc4894e9f0b5fad7

They didn't have the little jesters caps with the tassels and bells on the ends, to go along with these shoes? ;-) 

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Just went shopping buying designer skinny jeans on sale  so i couldn't stop buying more. As i browsed around if that wasn't enough, i found some cute booties. They had one in my size 11 so it was meant to be, so i had to have them.

Born Anny ankle booties in grey. Not very high heel 2 1/2" but compared to my wishbone ankle booties at three inch heel they look the same. No clacking sound with these Born booties soft rubber sole. 

http://www.bornshoes.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=12115

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/born-anny-boot-women/4208261?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Grey+Leather&resultback=752

8 hours ago, MackyHeels said:

Just went shopping buying designer skinny jeans on sale  so i couldn't stop buying more. As i browsed around if that wasn't enough, i found some cute booties. They had one in my size 11 so it was meant to be, so i had to have them.

Born Anny ankle booties in grey. Not very high heel 2 1/2" but compared to my wishbone ankle booties at three inch heel they look the same. No clacking sound with these Born booties soft rubber sole. 

http://www.bornshoes.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=12115

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/born-anny-boot-women/4208261?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Grey+Leather&resultback=752

Those are great looking boots, great heels that can be worn anywhere!

• Like 1

A few years back - to be precise, in 2011 - Dsquared designed a pair of boots that looked like ice skate boots, but with a heel. They only produced sizes 38-40 (IT), and as I am a 41 (in Louboutin even 41.5), I never ordered them. Still... I put pictures of those boots in a folder of "things I liked". Sometimes I manage to buy similar items later, or produce them on my own (by sewing them if its clothing). With shoes - not so simple.

4 years later, Dsquared did another edition of these boots, again in sizes 38-40. As I do have one pair of size 40 (IT) boots from Belstaff that fits me perfectly, I started to wonder whether Dsquared might run large enough for me to fit. I searched the net and found two stores offering a size 40: One in Italy with VERY bad reviews (wrong items being sent, no refund, no customer service), the other one in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. The website shows the boots, but you cannot order them. It's basically like a store window.

Now Rotterdam is quite far away from where I live, so paying a visit - impossible. Till... I had a business meeting in Amsterdam. Well, the business meeting is tomorrow :)

I called at around lunch time at the store in Rotterdam, whether the pair in size 40 would stil be available (yes), and whether they would run true to size (answer: "no, they run small"). Bummer. Should I still visit the store to try them on when they run small? -- I decided that after 4 years of waiting, I would never get the "missed chance" out of my head if I wouldn't got there.

So... I got to Amsterdam in time to quickly drop my luggage at the hotel, change into leggings and heeled boots (which I brought in my suitcase) and take the train from Amsterdam to Rotterdam central station. From there, it was just a 5 minute walk to the store. 

The boots were not exactly as I had imagined, as I thought that they used metal for the "blades", but it is sturdy plastic. Hmm, ok. But now that I was there, I wanted to see whether they would fit. The right boot was standing in the shelf for display (in size 40), so I ask whether I could try it on (sales guy: "yeah, feel free").

I undid the laces in the upper half, slipped into the boot and... tada! ... they run BIG. They fit. They fit !!!!!! Cool.

Then the sales girl approached me with a big smile: "Did you call in this afternoon?"

"Yup, that was me", I replied. "Do you also have the other one for trying?"

5 minutes later I took the following pics (sorry for the bad quality, I am still using my trusted old iPhone 4. I prefer to invest in shoes, not technology that is outdated in 2 years from now):

IMG_3770_zpsteel2jp0.jpg

IMG_3772_zps36x1f0bw.jpg

IMG_3773_zpscguptz7w.jpg

So you will probably ask: Can you walk in these monsters?  (even one other sales girl asked me if I could walk in them, and after a short demonstration walking up and down the store, she was pretty impressed)

So the answer is: Yes, I can! In fact, due to the skating-blades which are connected, it feels a little between a wedge and a high heel stiletto. Still, I wouldn't dare to walk with these over cobblestone pavement, so you have to know upfront whether where you go might comes with certain risks.

Where do I wear these boots? I have no idea. At a fashion event, like Vogue fashion night. At a party night, where I can park just around the corner. Not necessarily for grocery shopping ;) ... but maybe I put them up in the meantime in my bookshelf as an iconic design. I just wanted to have them, similar to a picture that you put up a wall.

I called my credit card company to make sure the charge would go through and then paid a hefty 2,000 USD for these boots. Yes, they are not worth that price (Louboutins cost less), but then again, they probably won't be producing a third edition in 2019...

As I am only with carry-on luggage, they will be shipped in their box to where I work (easier to pick up FedEx there), so I can put up some high quality pics probably early next week.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, freestyle75 said:

IMG_3770_zpsteel2jp0.jpg

I'm glad you found your hearts desire in those boots.  It also sounds like you had quite an adventure getting them but ..... the style really isn't my thing, and you paid more for those boots than I did for my guitar (and I use the guitar daily).  You sound very happy to have found them, so since being happy is a major thing, good for you.  When you do wear them out and about please tell us where you went and the reaction you get.

• Like 1