Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

TBG,

I like those red boots. They add a pop of color to your denim and leather ensemble.

Yes when you wear red shoes, you need to carry a red bag. Your bag should match the color of your shoes, standard rule of thumbs. That's why I have a rainbow assortment of cross  body bags, to choose from.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I've been looking for a nice pair of ankle boots for a very long time. I found the pair attached at Zalando and was instantly in love. They arrived today but I'm dissapointed in the quality. They fit very nice and are easy to walk in but the left boot had a crease between the toe part and the front. It had this fresh from the box and it seemed scuffed where it had been in the production machine or something. This made me decide to return them. Such a dissapointment since they looked great and where a dream to wear. So my search continues. I'll go hunting for a pair in store soon and guess I better look for real leather ones.

AN611NA2H-Q11@12.jpg

sorry about the bad quality of this pair. These boots look great though. good choice. 

I re-ordered them and now they are fine! I tried a couple of different pairs but din't like them. So I took the gamble and got a great pair now! I'l take some pictures soon. Also ordered a pair of knee high retro boots which took me back to my highschool days (see other attachement). Girls in those boots with tight white jeans...getting weak thinking about it, lol. But those weren't great. The left boot had the heel improperly attached and the zipper of the right one didn't work... oh well. At least success with the other ones. :)

EV411MA01-Q11@12.jpg

True story: Net-a-porter was selling Karl Lagerfeld shearling lined wedge booties back in Februray 2015.
At some point, they only had ONE size 41 left in stock, but kept the price of a hefty 545 Euro (591 USD). I emailed them whether they would be willing to reduce the price by 20 %, as I would be willing to buy them at that reduction. They replied and told me that I can either buy at full price or leave it. Early March, the boots were still online, and from one day to the next, they were "no longer available (this article has been sold out and is no longer available).

kl1_zpsnpgyznbh.jpg

I know that theoutnet often sells stuff that wasn't sold on netaporter at a much reduced price. So I kept looking on that site whether they would reappear, but they didn't. At some point, I stopped looking at that site. Few days ago, I receive an email from the outnet, titled "Jetting off this season? Shop winter city break essentials by Tory Burch, Stella McCartney & more". I clicked on their link, and in the "new additions" category, I found the Karl Lagerfeld pair in size 41. ONLY in size 41. One pair. Last pair. Sounds familiar? Riiiiiiiiiight. Price? 208 Euros (226 USD). Yeeeeeeeesssssss :clap:!!!!!!

And here they are....

kl2_zpsd7aekj5e.jpg

According to the site, they fit small, but I think that they fit TTS... just perfect :-)

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2015‎ ‎3‎:‎12‎:‎58‎, Thighbootguy said:

I stopped in my favorite thrift store and, out of habit, checked the shoe rack.  It my surprise I found a new pair of Fioni 12 MW red pointed toe short boots with a 3" stiletto heel for $15.  Me favorite clerk was at the register and she really oohed and ahhed at these boots.  I grumbled at her for having a pair of size 12's on the rack without telling me (that got a laugh).

GEDC0245a.thumb.jpg.6053975254074baa4e48GEDC0243.thumb.jpg.4c93d3b2b3209f79bcecaGEDC0242.thumb.jpg.6c18bebd9ccff9500ccc6

They are not my most comfortable boots, but with a red top, jeans, and a black leather jacket, a little discomfort will be worth it.

Those boots are amazing, a little discomfort must be worth the overwhelming joy of wearing them!  I hope to find some prize boots like that during one of my many thrift shop excursions someday soon!

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2015‎ ‎4‎:‎49‎:‎12‎, Thighbootguy said:

Something like this:

GEDC0246a.thumb.jpg.5c79a060b3d7c0b03c0e

I just wore this outfit to Sam's Club and the register clerk just gushed that she loved my shoes.  I repeat they are not the most comfortable shoes (toe pinchers) and I'm glad to be taking them off at home.  I wore them with hose and the shoe  keep pulling the hose back on my foot and that really pinches the toes.

Not having a red bag, I just put my keys in my pocket and carried my clutch wallet.

post-530-0-82301100-1437233801_thumb.jpg

This combination of boots and jeans is perfect!

On 4.11.2015, 22:00:11, freestyle75 said:

True story: Net-a-porter was selling Karl Lagerfeld shearling lined wedge booties back in Februray 2015.
At some point, they only had ONE size 41 left in stock, but kept the price of a hefty 545 Euro (591 USD). I emailed them whether they would be willing to reduce the price by 20 %, as I would be willing to buy them at that reduction. They replied and told me that I can either buy at full price or leave it. Early March, the boots were still online, and from one day to the next, they were "no longer available (this article has been sold out and is no longer available).

kl1_zpsnpgyznbh.jpg

I know that theoutnet often sells stuff that wasn't sold on netaporter at a much reduced price. So I kept looking on that site whether they would reappear, but they didn't. At some point, I stopped looking at that site. Few days ago, I receive an email from the outnet, titled "Jetting off this season? Shop winter city break essentials by Tory Burch, Stella McCartney & more". I clicked on their link, and in the "new additions" category, I found the Karl Lagerfeld pair in size 41. ONLY in size 41. One pair. Last pair. Sounds familiar? Riiiiiiiiiight. Price? 208 Euros (226 USD). Yeeeeeeeesssssss :clap:!!!!!!

And here they are....

kl2_zpsd7aekj5e.jpg

According to the site, they fit small, but I think that they fit TTS... just perfect :-)

Cool booties. These would be great here for the upcoming winter in Berlin. As I have some deeper high fashion e-commerce insights, it is no wonder to find them at theoutnet. Be happy that they were not recommerced by yoox

Yay... my Louboutin Bianca's did arrive today. Totally in awe by the boots :clap:, but the little red bag with the replacement tips is missing :-?...

I thought it might be nice not to just post a picture, but a video. This way, I also learned that those videos from bloggers that look so effortless require LOTS of effort in fact, just e.g. the lighting. I don't have any video lighting sources, so in order not to have a hard shadow, I dimmed the lights... which made my SLR not focus correctly anymore and the iPhone movie become a bit blurred. Anyway... I hope that the quality is still sufficient to get a glimpse of how nice the boots look like. Size (IT) 41.5.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, aristoc said:

As it's coming up to panto season thought I better get into the spirit of things with these bad boys!

My first pair of thighboots and not sure if I've got the balls to wear them out in public.

image.thumb.jpeg.5e786efccfd3aaf263daec4

Boy o boy, those boots are so beautiful.  Get used to them in the house for a few days then get out and show them off!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, freestyle75 said:

Yay... my Louboutin Bianca's did arrive today. Totally in awe by the boots :clap:, but the little red bag with the replacement tips is missing :-?...

I thought it might be nice not to just post a picture, but a video. This way, I also learned that those videos from bloggers that look so effortless require LOTS of effort in fact, just e.g. the lighting. I don't have any video lighting sources, so in order not to have a hard shadow, I dimmed the lights... which made my SLR not focus correctly anymore and the iPhone movie become a bit blurred. Anyway... I hope that the quality is still sufficient to get a glimpse of how nice the boots look like. Size (IT) 41.5.

I admire your restraint!  I would have had to leave work early if those amazing boots arrived in the mail!  They are so beautiful, and look so great on you, but must have cost plenty.  They look easy/comfortable to walk in as well, many great times to look forward to!

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2013‎ ‎12‎:‎06‎:‎28‎, crotchhiguy said:

steve, here's a couple more pics of the chest high boots for everybody to see

post-3294-0-87803200-1359219949_thumb.jp

post-3294-0-04685700-1359219982_thumb.jp

Those boots are amazing, must feel so great being surrounded in all that leather!

5 hours ago, freestyle75 said:

Beautiful knee high boots! Have fun with them :)

12 hours ago, DProud2700 said:

I am jealous.  How much did they cost you?

1125 Euros or 1207 USD. If you go to the US Site of Louboutin, they sell there for 1545 USD, so they are a bit cheaper in Europe than in the US. Customer Service also replied today that they are sending me the missing replacement tips, which is very nice.

I already had them on my shopping list for quite some time, but never thought I would reach the point where I would actually wear them outside. After my high heel training course, I have gotten to a point where I feel confident enough also to wear them outside. Of course these are not boots to go grocery shopping in (... lifting boxes with water bottles), but I could very well imagine going fashion shopping in those ones.

On 11/10/2015, 11:29:06, aristoc said:

As it's coming up to panto season thought I better get into the spirit of things with these bad boys!

My first pair of thighboots and not sure if I've got the balls to wear them out in public.

Absolutely show them off.  As pebblesf suggests, be sure your comfortable wearing them then take them out for a spin.  From experience I can tell you it's a lot easier than you think.  First, you never have to worry about someone noticing.  That is not a flip statement as many heelers really stress over the idea that someone will notice their heels... you will not have that worry.  Second, thigh boots (with stilettos) make a very strong statement about your willingness to present yourself with confidence.  People do recognize that confidence and respect it.  I think you will find that there in no heeling experience like going out in a pair of thigh boots, and there isn't one that is any more fun.

I still remember my first time out in thigh boots and it was almost twenty years ago.  I remember how long it took me to get out of the car and that first walk across a parking lot.  No one had given me the advice to practice before I ventured out so there was more concentration on not falling than what folks thought of a guy in thigh boots.  By the time I had gotten into the restaurant I had my footing and I haven't had a regret about wearing them since.

By the way, your thigh boots with jeans really looks goods.

Enjoy your boots.

TBG

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

21 hours ago, freestyle75 said:

Oh man I'm so jealous!!!! I'm pretty sure Louboutin's wouldn't fit me (allthough I'm a 41,5 as well) but they are my dream shoes! Great purchase!! I like that you made the video, the comments on youtube are off to a good start as well. Nothing really negative yet!

@Cl0setheels
I normally fit in many (IT) 41 shoes, and my cobbler once measured my feet when creating custom-made boots, and he told me I am a 41.5.

As Louboutins run a bit small, I took the size 41.5, and it fits perfect. If you are a size 41.5 and 41 is normally too small for you, you can get the Louboutins in size 42 (they go up to that size), and they should fit you.

On Youtube: There was one guy commenting why another guy would buy women's boots. I couldn't resist answering him and also questioning why he is looking for Louboutin boots on Youtube :cheeky:... in the end, he probably enjoys watching women's boots videos. I don't enjoy watching so much, I rather wear them... :happy:

• Like 1

On 11/10/2015, 4:29:06, aristoc said:

I love those boots. Where did you get them?

13 hours ago, aristoc said:

Hey pebblesf and Thighbootguy

Thanks for your kind comments and encouragement to get out there. Hopefully break the ice and be out in these at the weekend!

iggy_ze

They're from Sky-Scrapers here in the UK and made by the ex. Leatherworks team.    http://www.sky-scrapers.co.uk/

Thank YOU buddy!  All of the sky scraper boots look great!...Looks like high quality leather and classic designs that will look and feel great.  Have a great time buddy, don't be afraid to start slowly though, you don't need to run right out with your jeans tucked inside those amazing boots.  Unless of course, you feel ready and can handle your great boots confidently.  If so, get ready for some envious peeks and positive feedback!

Don

I just received a pair of  Impo Stretch booties, style Trott, with a 3 3/4" heel in a 12M.  They really feels great wearing them and for $8 they were easy on the pocket too.

GEDC0299a.jpg.f91a97ce32530dac731ee28de1GEDC0302.jpg.feee05734ea6cc4e45f1f97831d

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

23 hours ago, freestyle75 said:

@Cl0setheels
I normally fit in many (IT) 41 shoes, and my cobbler once measured my feet when creating custom-made boots, and he told me I am a 41.5.

As Louboutins run a bit small, I took the size 41.5, and it fits perfect. If you are a size 41.5 and 41 is normally too small for you, you can get the Louboutins in size 42 (they go up to that size), and they should fit you.

On Youtube: There was one guy commenting why another guy would buy women's boots. I couldresist answering him and also questioning why he is looking for Louboutin boots on Youtube :cheeky:... in the end, he probably enjoys watching women's boots videos. I don't enjoy watching so much, I rather wear them... :happy:

@freestyle75

I would love to give Louboutins a go but I'm afraid they are a bit beyond what I am willing to pay for shoes. And I probably die if I would damage them in the slightest way possible. :P I think they will be a little narrow as well? Since my feet are a little wide.

I liked the reply nipping further discussion in the bud. :) I can enjoy both and have wasted many hours watching shoe collection video's on youtube. Very entertaining, especially while wearing heels. ;-)

On 11/10/2015, 11:29:06, aristoc said:

Heck, why not wear those boots in public? They look sensational! Folks like Thighbootguy and myself have worn thigh boots openly in public (I've worn mine with miniskirts) and never had any trouble, if anything, we've gotten compliments on our boots. Go for it!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Way to go!   It is a real buzz and it gets easier every time you go out..

The combination of coat boots an jeans looks really good.

As a caution: Wearing thigh boots is addictive.

2 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Looking great buddy, I'm so envious!  How did it go?  Were you able to walk well in the boots?  Did you get tired, or have foot pain?

Those boots are amazing.

Thank you  pebblesf. 

Went OK thanks, had some lunch with a friend and a stroll round the building in the background. Not a problem walking, as am comfortable with the size/heel height. It's more the visual impact! ..... although don't know why as I've been strutting around in red patent pumps and skinny jeans all Autumn ( or should I say Fall for you guys), so not exactly low key. Only wore these for a couple of hours, so no pain or tiredness, but wouldn't describe any of my heels as comfortable!....most  are bearable though!

11 minutes ago, Thighbootguy said:

Don't forget a set of cushioned insoles.  With that high a heel, they really make walking easier.

Great advice, thanks. Already popped some silicon gel insoles in, helps stop the 'burn' on the ball of my foot...ouch!

On 10/11/2015, 21:37:07, freestyle75 said:

gorgeous pair of boots! enjoy :)

stilettos are the way forward, just love them