Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

Thrill is not wearing something intended for women for me :)  and I just bought these: http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/NET-SEXY-FETISH-7-INCH-EXTREME-HIGH-HEELS-Black-Wedge-Heeled-Fashion-Lace-Up-Ankle/32346920050.html which in my size have 3cm platform and 18cm heel. Eeks! I am currently wearing them sitting down for 1/2h on the trot without even trying to get up.

Let us know when/if you can stand up wearing those heels.  They look like they're worth getting used to.

How was the service from Aliexpress?

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I've been looking for a nice pair of ankle boots for a very long time. I found the pair attached at Zalando and was instantly in love. They arrived today but I'm dissapointed in the quality. They fit very nice and are easy to walk in but the left boot had a crease between the toe part and the front. It had this fresh from the box and it seemed scuffed where it had been in the production machine or something. This made me decide to return them. Such a dissapointment since they looked great and where a dream to wear. So my search continues. I'll go hunting for a pair in store soon and guess I better look for real leather ones.

AN611NA2H-Q11@12.jpg

Edited by Cl0setheels

I got these yesterday from Tesco. They were too small at the ankle in size 6uk, they fit ok but the zip wouldn't do up, so I exchanged them today for the size 7uk and they fit well.

i got the size 6 after buying a pair of shoes in size 7 recently that were too big (I exchanged them for a size 6 that fit well).

£30. They were seen by the elderly mum of one of the ladies I work with and she said they looked nice. She was more surprised with my ballet flats with the laces tied like a bow that were under the desk.

image.jpg

• Like 1

I don't know where she get's the money from (we are not paying that well), but my personal assistant at work returned from her lunch break on Wednesday with two big shoe boxes, one from Prada, the other from Chloé. She was smiling all over the face :happy: ... saying that she had just picked up her order at her favorite shoe store downtown.

Flashback one year ago: I am browsing the reduced shoe collections online and see a pair of Chelsea boots from Chloé which I immediately like VERY much. Due to them having hardly any platform, and quite a high heel, I already know that these are boots that look nice, but will be difficult to walk in. As I have too many "difficult to walk in" shoes at home, I decide not to buy that pair.

Back to today: My P.A.'s Chloé boots look very similar to my favorite boots that I didn't buy, but they have a LOWER heel. So these are ideal for walking even longer distances. Me and my P.A. are mostly business, so she doesn't know that I am wearing heels when not at work. But she knows that I am heavily into fashion, so asking questions about this topic is not too far off.

So I complimented her on her boots and asked her where to get such designer boots in town. She gave me the name and address of the shop, which also carries men's shoes.

Later that day, I called the shop, which has two stores: One in the city where I am living, and a shop just about 30 minutes from here. Lucky me... they had my size available in the second shop. I called the 2nd shop and let them put a hold on these boots till today, as I knew I would be driving to the city due to Vogue's fashion night.

When I got to the store, the guy opened the box, asked "are these the right ones?" and wanted to put the lid onto the box again, before I stopped him and told him that I would like to try them on. He was VERY surprised (which was an even bigger surprise for me, given my outfit), and remarked that even though they were a size 11 (which is my size), they won't fit me.

So... opening up the left boot, foot in... fits like a glove. The guy in the store goes like this :shocked: and says "I would never have thought that you fit in there". After that, it was just chit-chat about boots, fashion night, the type of people buying in his store, etc.

Without my P.A. knowing, I now basically got "her" boots, which - in a certain sense - I already had on my mind for over a year now. Just with a different heel height.

Here they are:

chloe_zpshirwixao.jpg

I really like the white stitching and the round toe cap. The heel height really is ideal for walking long distances. Leather is buttery soft. Really a dream come true!

• Like 1

Part 2 of the story: ... walking back along the main shopping street, I noticed that the boots I was wearing (my favorite Ermanno Scervino boots) were failing - the right heel showed a gap at the back, and the heel itself could be moved quite a bit. It would only be a matter of time till it would break.

So although I had just bought my favorite pair, I still wanted to try on the other pair I had seen. So I went into the store, asked the sales assistant whether they would be available in size 11... and they were...

hardy_02_zpskfnj3gdr.jpg

While waiting for her to return from the stock room, yet another pair caught my eye...

hardy_01_zpsdceamtbm.jpg

I liked both of them very much. Take the first pair? Take the second pair? Both? Wouldn't it be insane to buy three pairs in one day? Yes, it probably would be.

I am now officially insane. I bought both pairs, put on pair #2 and stored away my (nearly) broken Ermanno Scervino heels in the now empty shoebox of pair #2. Suddenly, walking in heels was easy again. It really makes a difference when a heel becomes just a tad loose.

Both boots from Phillip Hardy.

Edited by freestyle75
  • Like 2

Freestyle 75:  You say that you wear a 'size 11'.   Although you are in Germany, I assume you mean US Women's 11 (i.e. around Eu43) rather than UK11 as I can't believe that any of these boots are available in really large sizes.   (It is helpful to be specific when describing a size sought, seen, tried or bought, as otherwise interested readers can get misled!)

Nice boots by the way - more masculine than feminine imho - but I would prefer them with a more tapered toe.

I've been looking for a nice pair of ankle boots for a very long time. I found the pair attached at Zalando and was instantly in love. They arrived today but I'm dissapointed in the quality. They fit very nice and are easy to walk in but the left boot had a crease between the toe part and the front. It had this fresh from the box and it seemed scuffed where it had been in the production machine or something. This made me decide to return them. Such a dissapointment since they looked great and where a dream to wear. So my search continues. I'll go hunting for a pair in store soon and guess I better look for real leather ones.

AN611NA2H-Q11@12.jpg

sorry about the bad quality of this pair. These boots look great though. good choice. 

Freestyle 75:  You say that you wear a 'size 11'.   Although you are in Germany, I assume you mean US Women's 11 (i.e. around Eu43) rather than UK11 as I can't believe that any of these boots are available in really large sizes.   (It is helpful to be specific when describing a size sought, seen, tried or bought, as otherwise interested readers can get misled!)

Nice boots by the way - more masculine than feminine imho - but I would prefer them with a more tapered toe.

Hi Puffer,

sorry about this... yup, I meant US size 11, which translates to a EU 41 for me. I have got several boots that I ordered from the US (in a size 11), which then also had on the box printed "EU 41", so EU 43 would be a bit too large. My cobbler measured my foot size once and said that I have a 41.5, so it really depends on how the boot is cut whether it will fit or not. Best shoe buy (size-wise) I had where Belstaff boots that were so large (in the ankle boot version) that I took the risk to order the knee-high version from the US (non-exchangeable, reduced by 50%) in a size 40... which fit! Snug, but they fit.

Masculine vs. feminine... LOL... tell this to my P.A.!   I guess she wouldn't like it if someone told her that she bought masculine boots.

I am still torn whether I should give her a hint, something like "thanks for pointing me to the store... I couldn't resist as well..." or something.

I am still torn whether I should give her a hint, something like "thanks for pointing me to the store... I couldn't resist as well..." or something.

I would encourage you to open up to her, but watch her body language carefully. If her reaction to your wearing women's boots is "EWWWWWW," you could be building a barrier between the two of you that you don't want. If she's open and says, "WOW, it's great that you're confident to wear heels," then you've got it made. Anything in between is up for grabs and you'll have to figure out what to do. On the chance that she's open and accepting, it could pave the way for more common ground with her, and lead to a better working relationship. It could also go further, so if that's desirable, fine, but if not, be careful. In any case, I like all three pairs of boots and compliment you on your good taste.

One additional idea is for you to wear the favorite boots to the office one day and see if she notices, without you pointing them out to her. If not, don't say anything. Just wear them again and again. Eventually she might notice and if you get an "EWWWWWWW" response, you can declare that you've worn these for days and she never noticed. But my guess is that you won't get that response.

Do keep posting and let us know what you do and what her reaction is.

Steve

sorry about this... yup, I meant US size 11, which translates to a EU 41 for me. I have got several boots that I ordered from the US (in a size 11), which then also had on the box printed "EU 41", so EU 43 would be a bit too large. ...

That is a surprising conversion; most charts show USW11 = UK9 = Eu42/43.   But obviously what's on the box is irrelevant - it's the fit for you that matters.

I would encourage you to open up to her, but watch her body language carefully. If her reaction to your wearing women's boots is "EWWWWWW," you could be building a barrier between the two of you that you don't want. ...

Don't forget, Steve, this is Germany - she would more likely react with 'Aaaaaach'! :roll: 

I would encourage you to open up to her, but watch her body language carefully. If her reaction to your wearing women's boots is "EWWWWWW," you could be building a barrier between the two of you that you don't want. If she's open and says, "WOW, it's great that you're confident to wear heels," then you've got it made. Anything in between is up for grabs and you'll have to figure out what to do. On the chance that she's open and accepting, it could pave the way for more common ground with her, and lead to a better working relationship. It could also go further, so if that's desirable, fine, but if not, be careful. In any case, I like all three pairs of boots and compliment you on your good taste.

One additional idea is for you to wear the favorite boots to the office one day and see if she notices, without you pointing them out to her. If not, don't say anything. Just wear them again and again. Eventually she might notice and if you get an "EWWWWWWW" response, you can declare that you've worn these for days and she never noticed. But my guess is that you won't get that response.

Do keep posting and let us know what you do and what her reaction is.

Steve

I would really, really like to open up to her, but I know that this is something she will (definitely) chit-chat around the office once she knows it. Unfortunately she is the type that when you tell her "please keep that to yourself", you can definitely be sure that she will share it, and if you don't say anything, she will also share it. She is also good at keeping certain things to herself, but it seems that she decides what to keep and what to share.

I am currently in a position where my previous boss has left the company, and I am currently taking her position in the interim (without more pay, but much more work). It's a position just below board level. I have been working throughout the last weekends (if I am not typing in hhplace :-) ) for weeks now, as one of the board members told me that if I am doing a good job, I will be promoted. This has been the situation since May, and they will probably make a decision till end of year. I've heard so much about that promotions are not solely based on what you do (which I am getting quite positive feedback about), but also about personal preference of the board members, that I am very cautious at the moment. As my P.A. is very close to the P.A. of the board member I talked to, I am not sure whether I want to place that information with her now.

Again... these are all thoughts that I already had before I wrote that I am still torn. They won't fire me if anyone finds out I am wearing boots outside the office, but I might not get the promotion. Do I want that promotion? It would be nice, but I've never worked so much in my life before. I am doing 80 hour weeks since a few months now, and I am feeling that I have lost the balance between "work/life". I need to take a day off from work to be able to leave for a fashion event at 5 p.m. on a Friday. In that regard, part of me might even want her to chit-chat around. In any case, I have shared with her lots about my hobby (sewing), and shared with her fashion magazines from Vogue and L'Officiel, showing the latest womenswear stuff for the fall/winter seasons, which I sometimes take as an inspiration to sew something unusual for myself, which is still menswear, but with a twist. Not sure whether she might think I am gay or something, especially as I have no girlfriend - but I also don't care that much whether she thinks that. 

Main "problem" that I have at the moment: She owns a lot of Prada boots (her favorite brand), and I have found a boot from Prada that I would REALLY like to order online from the US, but which I am not able to return because of customs reasons. The one person on this planet who could tell me whether Prada runs slightly smaller, true to size or bigger than the Chloe boots that she and I bought is HER. A question like "by the way, do you run smaller, TTS or larger in your Prada boots compared to Chloe?" would be highly unusual... but the answer could save me around 1,000 USD in wrongly invested money if they would run too small... luxury problems, I know :roll:

Update: I just was on the Saks.com website to check whether my favorite boots were still available. By trying to put in multiple items of the same shoe size in the shopping basket, I could evaluate how many pairs are left. Yesterday, there were still 2 pairs left (which could have been shipped). This morning, entering the same number would lead to "we are unable to fulfill your request, please change the number of items in your shopping basket"... so within 24 hours, one pair was sold, with only ONE pair left in stock. It's probably even one of those collections that they don't have in the Prada stores, as Saks.com sometimes gets items they don't have in the stores.

Sooooo.... I decided to buy them right now, without asking my P.A. about any sizing. As Saks.com doesn't ship these boots to Germany, I am letting them ship these to a freight-forwarding service in Florida, which then forwards them to Germany. Totally complicated and doesn't allow me to return them... but I looked at several forums where many people said that Prada and Chloe would be similar. So hopefully they are. This is what I ordered:

prada_small_zpsb0estsaf.jpg

And this is how the stock inventory now looks like after I have placed my order it was really the last one ... :fine::

stock_inventory_zpshlbgun0p.jpg

To wearing my boots to work: With me being in a central glass cube office at the end of the whole department now, walking into the office with my favorite boots would be like walking a fashion show - everyone would at least get the chance to see them. So far, I have been drawing a line between office and personal stuff, and this is how I will keep it.

If someone would meet me OUTSIDE the office during my leisure time, I would count this towards "so what", as I won't change how I dress when off work. I even met one of our female developers by coincidence. I was dressed in a petrol colored skirt , matching shirt and matching sneakers maybe 3 months ago when it was very hot. We talked for 15 minutes about the weather, that she prefers trousers instead of skirts during summer (which I still don't get), about her moving to London, etc. -- it was a non-event, which was never mentioned again. If that is already around in the company, I haven't noticed it.

If I had met my P.A. during the fashion event, things would be easier, because then she would have seen it "live" instead of getting told something like "I like to wear womens boots during my spare time", which sounds a bit strange to the average person unless you are member of hhplace. It's taking things out of context, and giving the whole thing a negative vibe, which I want to avoid.

Edited by freestyle75

Definitely DON'T tell her!

It is is one (risky) thing to tell her that you enjoy wearing heels, but to go out and buy the exact same heels that she has could come across as being really creepy!!

Freestyle,

Thanks for sharing more of the story. Based on what you said, I would change my advice; I agree with Rob. Don't tell your P.A. anything now. Keep it to yourself. Get that promotion and then have a party at your home to celebrate, and wear whatever you want! No need to jeopardize your potential promotion now.

Good luck. Keep us informed how the Prada boots fit. They look fantastic.

Steve

So... saks.com doesn't ship to Germany, so I had to use the freight forwarding service myus.com to get them shipped to Germany. MyUS.com offers to take photos of the package contents before they forward it, so here are the boots... in Sarasota, Florida (at myus.com), a few minutes before being repacked to be shipped to Germany...

prada-florida_zpsrr2xnvuq.jpg

Watching the box make its way over to Germany is nearly as exciting as actually wearing the boots. Well, nearly that is ;-)

@csizma: The boots would be a bit too pointed for me, but overall they fit you great - it's hard to find overknees that fit well!

@everyone:

The Prada boots arrived on Thursday, one day earlier than the tracking stated.... and they fit great :happy: - not too large, not too small, just right. Still, they are more difficult to walk in than the stiletto taupe suede boots I already got, as the platform is lower. Needs some more exercise :-)

Maybe to give you an insight as to why I am ordering boots that are 7,200 kilometers (4474 miles) away from me and dearly pay customs... I had seen a picture of Olivia Palermo in a blog wearing black leather leggings plus taupe colored high heel suede booties from Christian Louboutin (left picture) and immediately liked the outfit. When I (at that time) searched for taupe colored booties with a platform, the only ones that I could find were the ones that are the outmost left out of the three pictured here, from a noname brand. Very difficult to walk in, not a stellar quality. Some time later, I found some boots from Giampaolo Viozzi, an Italian designer shoe brand with a quite solid quality that looked pretty much like the ones Olivia was wearing - but I have never had the guts to wear them so far, even though they are really nice (because of the stiletto heel). So... when I saw the Prada boots, I immediately fell in love with them as they are the same color, but due to the heel make it easier for me to wear them.

taupe-booties_zpsfzhfr1n0.jpg
 Picture on the left: Olivia Palermo, picture to the right: noname shoes (left), Giampaolo Viozzi (middle, via Luisaviaroma), Prada (right, via Saks NY)

Once I wear them, I will share the outfit in the freestyling section.

Edited by freestyle75
  • Like 3

Freestyle75,

I'm glad you got the Prada booties and I'm especially glad to hear that they fit perfectly. Buying by mail is always a risk, but buying from overseas is even more risky.

Of the three pairs of boots, the Prada look best to me, too. I'd wear them, but I wouldn't be tempted by the other two. Good luck on your new purchase and thanks for helping the global economy significantly! LOL

Steve

Look nice with jeans!

BIG_0013205876.jpg

Yep great looking boots.  I love the heel.  Tell us a little more about them,  Brand, size, where you found them,...

The brand and the model, L.A.M.B. Hylda. I bought them on the ebay. US size 10, which is a little bit large or me. The heel is 4.75" and the shaft is approxometly 23", also has a little platform which is totaly invisible.

• Like 1

This is a pair of Torid boots I got a couple of weeks ago that had a wide shaft.  They looked Ok but I wanted a tighter fit especially when I wore them with leggings or hose.  I ran a seam up the side of the zipper and on to the top that took 1"-3" out of the shaft.

GEDC0196.thumb.jpg.0811223862d98aed063ab  GEDC0197.thumb.jpg.0de032082dfcf63e81b4e

GEDC0198.thumb.jpg.335cc76e6b909ce4d7b90

Edited by Thighbootguy
  • Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

new pair of boots from aliexpress. 13 cm off heels, i like that. but poor quality, just received, and see a little scratch on the right boot :evil: (you can see it on the third pi)c

0110.jpg

0210.jpg

0310.jpg

0410.jpg

edit: what the hell, this new versions of forum. cant paste all images in 1 line.

Edited by yoyo
  • Like 7